• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I just be preachin' the truth.

And to be honest, not really.
I wasn't saying you specifically, I meant as a generality lol.
I have to admit I about had a fangasm when you had that Squid Girl avatar several weeks back. De geso.
<3

The best.

de geso~

:093:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys, Law & Order made a documentary-like, realistic portrayal of the more toxic parts of competitive gaming, a must-see:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7faUHdlh9g
To be fair, that's a TV dramatization but the whole situation is just a cluster fudge. It's not about gamers but rather idiot chan goers who get ticked off about things posted on twitter or tumbler. Most gaming sites and gamers want nothing to do with the issue and I agree.

To be fair, that's a TV dramatization but the whole situation is just a cluster fudge. It's not about gamers but rather idiot chan goers who get ticked off about things posted on twitter or tumbler. Most gaming sites and gamers want nothing to do with the issue and I agree.
That's false for a few reasons.

One is that those 'idiots' have a legitimate grievance, two is that this is specifically targetted propaganda against gamers as a whole and especially those who oppose controlled and biased media and the pushing of politcal agendas that have nothing to do with gaming.

Anyone who actually cares about gaming should indeed care. Our voices are intentionally being silenced and misrepresented so that what we enjoy can be changed and sanitized into something people who don't even at large play video games can approve of.

So, to be fair, that they can get this **** aired on day time television while refusing to actually acknowledge or deal with legitimate criticisms and instead treating their detractors as if they are literal terrorists, is disgusting.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It was literally their attempt at explaining gamergate, lmfao

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
True. Imagine any other group of people being represented like that, as if they're ISIS!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Shin I didn't actually mention a side, you assumed that. It's not an issue of gamers, it's people on both sides who take each other way too seriously. The topic was banned at 4chan and shouldn't be for here. I want to just play a game without being dragged into this. Most gamers don't care.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That's false for a few reasons.

One is that those 'idiots' have a legitimate grievance, two is that this is specifically targetted propaganda against gamers as a whole and especially those who oppose controlled and biased media and the pushing of politcal agendas that have nothing to do with gaming.

Anyone who actually cares about gaming should indeed care. Our voices are intentionally being silenced and misrepresented so that what we enjoy can be changed and sanitized into something people who don't even at large play video games can approve of.

So, to be fair, that they can get this **** aired on day time television while refusing to actually acknowledge or deal with legitimate criticisms and instead treating their detractors as if they are literal terrorists, is disgusting.
THIS. This is why I was so damn enraged when I saw it. I couldn't laugh, I just...it boiled my blood like few things do and I don't want to think too much about it because I'll just get angry again. God...

Most gamers don't care.
This is a problem, because people should care. We don't want to again be a punchline and outcasts as we used to be. I grew under those conditions and I don't want that for future generations. We should care because mainstream media won't care whether you go into a chan or not, or even what you play. You're a gamer? Then you're a sociopathic mysoginistic potential rapist timebomb.

Do you realize that they just equated, for whatever reason, gamers to actual terrorists? And people out there will watcht his and believe this to be true? That isn't just entertainment, it's shaping the public perception on us.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You're a gamer? Then you're a sociopathic mysoginistic potential rapist timebomb.
I can't say I've ever heard anything remotely akin to this statement said about me or gamers in general.

I agree that was a propaganda piece and said it was a TV dramatization from the start. TV's full of cr*p like that though. I mean I boycotted 'The Passion' and the only reason I watched that was because DF linked it. Vote with your money/endorsement or lack of imo.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I can't say I've ever heard anything remotely akin to this statement said about me or gamers in general.
If you watched that clip then you just saw it being said about you. Heck, watch any movie or show and the trope is always gamer=socially inept weirdo.

I agree that was a propaganda piece and said it was a TV dramatization from the start. TV's full of cr*p like that though. I mean I boycotted 'The Passion' and the only reason I watched that was because DF linked it. Vote with your money/endorsement or lack of imo.
TV is, and that's the problem, people believe this. So us "not caring" doesn't stop average joe from watching this at night and believing this to be accurate. Enough people and time later, this believe becomes widespread and we stigmatized again.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you watched that clip then you just saw it being said about you. Heck, watch any movie or show and the trope is always gamer=socially inept weirdo.
No, it wasn't said about me or gamers. That one cop was a gamer too. The woman featured seemed to be a gamer. I don't see how it relates to all gamers.

Not everyone believes what they see on TV. It was a fictional show. False reporting in the news is more important imo. I'm still not seeing how this involves gamers who aren't either gamergaters or anti-gamergaters.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Guys, do any of you remember how it was funny as hell? I do, as it was.

Here, have something else that is incredibly funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO9BFGHTrC8
That's right, Friends from Dragon Sound, the Tae Kwondo-practicing Rock band that faced off against cocaine-dealing biker ninjas in YK Kim's masterpiece Miami Connection, a must-watch.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Anybody that believes something they saw on TV, anything they saw on TV, is a complete moron.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Question:
Majora's Mask 3ds is sexy and I'm only 3 minutes into it.
That is all.

Oh and I'm still alive.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So I'm in a damn good mood today. I woke up to find a confirmation E-mail that gamestop has shipped my MM Skull Kid Bundle...I should be getting it next week.

SO freaking happy and relieved.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm spending Valentine's Day moving into a new apartment since I start my new job Monday. Valentine's Day hauling sofas up three flights of stairs... so romantic <3
Congrats on your new apt :)

Yeah happy single's awareness day Valentine's Day everyone.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My friend and I run a "Host Club" at our school and we will be having a Valentine's Day special event...

... what have I done

how will i find time to spend time with my waifu kirino

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Psh, being single on Valentines Day is great. You don't have to buy anything for anyone (unless you want to get yourself something) and you get to wait til all the candy goes on sale and load up. :D

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Psh, being single on Valentines Day is great. You don't have to buy anything for anyone (unless you want to get yourself something) and you get to wait til all the candy goes on sale and load up. :D
That has to be one of the saddest things I've read today.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
"Turn of events:
A strange virus has appeared in Nevada. It appears to cause a high fever followed by painful headaches, loss of conciousness, bleeding out of ears mouth and eyes and extreme aggression. It seems it's being contracted through the exchange of bodily fluids with infected individuals. We ask that you take precaution from everyone arou- psssssssssshhhhhhhhh"

Happy V Z day everyone.

There, a zombie movie that everyone can enjoy on Valentine's Day. We've yet to get one of those right?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
"Turn of events:
A strange virus has appeared in Nevada. It appears to cause a high fever followed by painful headaches, loss of conciousness, bleeding out of ears mouth and eyes and extreme aggression. It seems it's being contracted through the exchange of bodily fluids with infected individuals. We ask that you take precaution from everyone arou- psssssssssshhhhhhhhh"

Happy V Z day everyone.

There, a zombie movie that everyone can enjoy on Valentine's Day. We've yet to get one of those right?
There is one actually, called Warm Bodies.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, is it okay if i hear your reviews on MM3D. I watched Gamexplain's one adn they said it was great but had a few (not game change) faults in it and I was just wondering what your thoughts are
I've never seen this before... A Gay... Created our thread title

You must be the prophet O' Gay one
Huh. Who would have thought it? :)

P.S I prefer to be seen as a Young Link main

Happy Valentine day everyone!
That's tomorrow.
Not for me. It's day! Happy Valentines day everyone :3.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
My friend and I run a "Host Club" at our school and we will be having a Valentine's Day special event...

... what have I done?
But do you have an pretty but annoying otaku rearranging your personality traits?

Hey guys, is it okay if i hear your reviews on MM3D. I watched Gamexplain's one and they said it was great, but had a few (not game change) faults in it, and I was just wondering what your thoughts are?
My opinion is invalid as Majora's Mask has yet to rid itself of my saliva... God I love this game.

As a florist, I'll be working a pretty long shift tomorrow, so I'd like to wish you all a Happy Valentines day tonight before I'm overtaken by the lovestruck masses. :smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
But do you have an pretty but annoying otaku rearranging your personality traits?
No, just a bunch of otakus who fulfill archetypes for the greater good of the club.

We do play episodes of Ouran during it. On mute with subtitles though, as one of our hosts plays piano for the entirety of the meeting.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
No, just a bunch of otakus who fulfill archetypes for the greater good of the club.

We do play episodes of Ouran during it. On mute with subtitles though, as one of our hosts plays piano for the entirety of the meeting.

Yeah I guess you are right, it does get sadder.

You avatar...it's judging me, I know it.

Top Bottom