• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Yeah that's what I was thinking. A little bottle of blue paint and a brush (both of which I can just about guarantee my cousin who's in art/architecture has) is pretty much all I'd need.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thought I'd show you guy's my progress on my custom Link Amiibo. I spent the better half of the day working on it. The paints I'm using are oil based so they'll take quite some time to dry but I like how it's progressing so far. I have some corrections to make though. The blue isn't dark enough for example.

That is awesome man! Now I too want to get a Link ( and even Gay and Robin) amibo and colour them in!

Also, I see that you are using the image I found you :). Say, if you come across a cool Young Link picture, could you show it to me? If it's Hyrule Warriors or MM, that's even better. You don't have to look if you don't want to, that's fine. Again, awesome job on the amibo!

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
That is awesome man! Now I too want to get a Link ( and even Gay and Robin) amibo and colour them in!

Also, I see that you are using the image I found you :). Say, if you come across a cool Young Link picture, could you show it to me? If it's Hyrule Warriors or MM, that's even better. You don't have to look if you don't want to, that's fine. Again, awesome job on the amibo!
I'll try to find you the best I can but first can I say just how epic this is? I now know why some people wanted the MM remake to be on Wii U.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'll try to find you the best I can but first can I say just how epic this is? I now know why some people wanted the MM remake to be on Wii U.

Yeah, I though about that picture, but then I guessed it would be better if I waited until I got photoshop or GIMP to use that photo or get a picture of one of the Youtube vids. Thanks for the suggestion though :). And yes, it is freaken awesome, though MM 3d still looks very pretty plus with WW getting a remake plus Zelda Wii u, I can see why the opted for the 3ds.

Also, that face IS the face of Nightmares.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Zelda social isn't as fun as it used to be :c

I figured out that the ratio of people who would rather run a pedestrian over than follow state law and brake at crosswalks is 2:1. Crosswalks without a stoplight, that is.

@ FGC-Oni FGC-Oni good work painting :awesome:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Can we all agree that if the a-stick method of crouch cancel Jabbing still works when the wii-u gets its patch, we won't tell anyone else? Let them think that our easy mode Jab tech is gone. Why should we care? We'll get the wii-u update, check if it works, and if it does, we'll just silently nod at each other and smile.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So does anyone know if someone's been able to hack into and mod Smash 4? I'll be waiting for when someone decides to mix Sm4sh's mechanics with some of PM's. Imagine what Sm4sh would look like with true dash dancing, wavedashing, less landing lag across the board, momentum jumps, and a bit more hitstun. That would literally make for the perfect competitive Smash game. Not a whole lot else would even need to be changed much.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Not to be a downer or anything, but smashboards is generally against encouraging or sharing illegally obtained copyrighted material. I mean, character models is one thing, but where this topic could go is somewhere I'd prefer to avoid. Sorry to get all 'professional' all of a sudden. There's always the xat.

It's weird because PM has always been fine to discuss and has always been and will continue to be supported by smashboards, but as you may know, even PM has had its trouble recently. http://smashboards.com/threads/vgbootcamp-regarding-project-m.390087/ There's no clear line I can point to and say, this is ok and this isn't, so I'd prefer to avoid the whole grey area altogether.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Not to be a downer or anything, but smashboards is generally against encouraging or sharing illegally obtained copyrighted material. I mean, character models is one thing, but where this topic could go is somewhere I'd prefer to avoid. Sorry to get all 'professional' all of a sudden. There's always the xat.

It's weird because PM has always been fine to discuss and has always been and will continue to be supported by smashboards, but as you may know, even PM has had its trouble recently. http://smashboards.com/threads/vgbootcamp-regarding-project-m.390087/ There's no clear line I can point to and say, this is ok and this isn't, so I'd prefer to avoid the whole grey area altogether.
I honestly have no idea where you're getting at. I doubt changing up the game's engine and maybe some moves and the balance would violate any copyright laws lol. I've heard all about what's been happening to PM, but they've got a lot of copyright violations in that mod (stages, playable characters, exc.). But don't let it give you the impression that modding is a deadly sin that should be shunned lol. If we're able to talk about PM here on Smashboards, I personally see no problem with talking about a simple engine modification.

FSK

Smash Ace
I honestly have no idea where you're getting at. I doubt changing up the game's engine and maybe some moves and the balance would violate any copyright laws lol. I've heard all about what's been happening to PM, but they've got a lot of copyright violations in that mod (stages, playable characters, exc.). But don't let it give you the impression that modding is a deadly sin that should be shunned lol. If we're able to talk about PM here on Smashboards, I personally see no problem with talking about a simple engine modification.

I think he was mostly referring to me. I included a link in my post to ripped smash4 models.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
To be clear, I honestly don't know what is ok and what isn't ok to talk about and share links to etc, and that's half the trouble. I only have everyone's best interests at heart. I'd never infract or edit posts for stuff like this unless it was super obviously not on, but what I'm getting at is that other mods might not be so lenient. You're free to talk about it, I was just letting you know that there is a vague rule about such things as a friendly heads up. I'm just watching your back is all.
It's an especially important issue recently. Nintendo has been taking a great interest in the competitive smash community, so you may well understand the growing feeling of unease about flaunting borderline illegal activity in their faces. It's quite possible I'm just being over-sensitive however, and I do acknowledge that.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I believe that that rule applies more to sharing torrents or illegal download of games, such as roms, rips, etc. Anything that would cost the company money essentially. Modding sm4sh doesn't do that, but hacking into the wii U and allowing for pirated games to be played (as happened int he Wii) would. I feel this is what that rule is addressing.

Anyways, Nintendo has released all of their IP for Fan use so I don't see a problem in people ripping models alone, since they can be used for a machinimia or w/e. The problem will arise if they use the models to create their own games and try to profit from it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Can we all agree that if the a-stick method of crouch cancel Jabbing still works when the wii-u gets its patch, we won't tell anyone else? Let them think that our easy mode Jab tech is gone. Why should we care? We'll get the wii-u update, check if it works, and if it does, we'll just silently nod at each other and smile.
But I would know :troll:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Today I was told to use a different character in FG... I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or disgusted.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, I not sure what you opinion on fan art is, but with the near release of Majora's Mask (the thread title should be change to relate to it, "24 hours remaining") and the Majora's Mask DLC pack for Hyrule warriors, I just thought that this picture was to cute not to show you guys

What do you think?

Bonus pic! IT's to adorable not to post X3.

Today I was told to use a different character in FG... I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or disgusted.
Wha? Why?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Not my style.
Thread title changed.

No I mean Wario Man the code.
You could be him without getting the Final Smash
Ah, my bad.

BTW, for the Metroid Prime Trilogy players, what is your favorite of the 3 games? I like MP1 the best because it captures the classic metroid feel in a 3D FPS perfectly. MP3 is my second favorite; it looks beautiful even though working for the federation isn't my favorite thing. I'd rather freely roam planets. MP2 is my least favorite with limited light and dark amo and the environment isn't as palatable but it's still a great game.

The thread 'social' tag disappeared. FML.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
But why 24 hours? Unless MM releases tomorrow it makes no sense. It should be something about MM but not something that creates immediate expectation.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But why 24 hours? Unless MM releases tomorrow it makes no sense. It should be something about MM but not something that creates immediate expectation.
I'm pretty sure it does come out tomorrow. Considering how everyone's talking about how it comes out on Friday the 13th.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm pretty sure it does come out tomorrow. Considering how everyone's talking about how it comes out on Friday the 13th.
Yup, you're right, it does come out tomorrow. I have no idea why I believed it was due April or May...

God I can't wait for my collector's bundle with Skull Kid.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
These new 2015 release dates keep sneaking up on me. My body is not Reggie.

I'll probably wait on Majora's Mask, but the Skull Kid figure is super sweet. If I was a bigger fan of the game I would've preordered that on the spot.

:093:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
These new 2015 release dates keep sneaking up on me. My body is not Reggie.

I'll probably wait on Majora's Mask, but the Skull Kid figure is super sweet. If I was a bigger fan of the game I would've preordered that on the spot.

You would've had to pre-order it within the first few hours. Those things sold out almost instantly. I'm probably gonna wait until they start hitting eBay and pay twice the price to get one :/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You would've had to pre-order it within the first few hours. Those things sold out almost instantly. I'm probably gonna wait until they start hitting eBay and pay twice the price to get one :/
Yeah, so I heard. Pretty sweet for everyone who got it but like Nintendo has really been pissing me off lately. The way they handle supply and demand and just their products in general has gone from adorably flawed to down right infuriating.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Tales is a niche' series and they handle their Collector's Editions 10 times better than Nintendo. lol

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Yeah, so I heard. Pretty sweet for everyone who got it but like Nintendo has really been pissing me off lately. The way they handle supply and demand and just their products in general has gone from adorably flawed to down right infuriating.

You can say that again. I was lucky enough to snag the last GC adapter my local gamestop had. My brother has been trying to get his hands on one with no such luck. The amiibos have been equally hard to find. Last time I was at Wal-Mart they only had a couple Luigis and Peaches.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The fact that there's already a very real possibility I'll never get a 12 dollar plastic Sonic and it's not even released yet is absurd and unacceptable.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

I am actually outright pissed at Nintendo for how they've been handling supply of the products lately. There is no excuse, none for what they have been doing. I was however lucky enough to secure a pre order of the Skull Kid bundle, but I had to physically go and preorder it from a gamestop. I'm still nervous about it though and won't be completely at peace until I have the bundle in my hands.

That being said, Cam, your avatar....that's all I'm going to say.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I am actually outright pissed at Nintendo for how they've been handling supply of the products lately. There is no excuse, none for what they have been doing. I was however lucky enough to secure a pre order of the Skull Kid bundle, but I had to physically go and preorder it from a gamestop. I'm still nervous about it though and won't be completely at peace until I have the bundle in my hands.
Yup. The fact that people tell me they preordered but they might not actually get it completely invalidates the service you paid for. The distributors don't even know if they can promise you the product because the suppliers are so ****ed. It's completely unreal and I've been really upset by it for a while now. On the other the hand, you apparently don't even have a chance of owning Nintendo products anymore unless you preorder within a second of it being announced. Disgusting.
That being said, Cam, your avatar....that's all I'm going to say.
Tell me more, Elessar sama~
Guys, Law & Order made a documentary-like, realistic portrayal of the more toxic parts of competitive gaming, a must-see:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7faUHdlh9g

I am in awe.
I just started watching and it seems a little… Exaggerated. lol. TV depictions of the gaming community are always vomit inducing. Especially because they have to start off by explaining it a little with "what's a noob" dialogue and then immediately showing only the bad side of it upon giving you the most basic insight to what it is we do.
Cam's avatar girl has really strange proportions -- what is with the huge eyes?
Do you even anime, brah?

I don't find her proportions to be particularly unreasonable (in regards to anime).
Welcome to anime, where huge-eyed, super kawaii girls are a norm (not that I have a problem with it lol)
tch, h8rs gonna h8~

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
tch, h8rs gonna h8~

I just be preachin' the truth.

And to be honest, not really. I have to admit I about had a fangasm when you had that Squid Girl avatar several weeks back. De geso.

Last edited:
Top Bottom