• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Keeping track, the Links we know of actively attending offline tournaments are Willyiscooler, Huggles, Staticmanny, Kirinblaze, Cyner, Catpukee, DA Mind, Izaw, Epok, K~man, BrimeZ, Zane the Pure, Ieven, Lord Xav1er, Xmark, Scizor, Electroswoosh, Chuck, Mofat, Mook, Breadloaf, Elessar, AfroTwist and Dumbfire (i.e. me). If you know of any one else or are are Link playing offline yourself, please mention it. We seem to be growing a pretty solid playerbase.
You forgot about me!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps we should change that. As you said, you are a Gay main after all.

By the way, I was skimming through other threads and I think we may be the most active bunch in the boards. I think the second highest was the Sheiks.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh, no no no no! I meant it in a good way and I was wondering why?
If you are to question the way we act, you cannot possibly be one of us. Perhaps we should treat you as such, as the little vermin we know as Gay.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Don't wonder too much. You might not like what you find.

Ignorance is bliss, you know.
If you are to question the way we act, you cannot possibly be one of us. Perhaps we should treat you as such, as the little vermin we know as Gay.
I think you should leave...
Uh, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to question your ways, if that is who I have upset you guys. I never intended to upset you guys at any rate, so I am sorry if I did.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
By the way, I was skimming through other threads and I think we may be the most active bunch in the boards. I think the second highest was the Sheiks.
I'm pretty sure the Zelda social is one of the most active threads, if not the most. Smash 4 social prob the most if you count it. Some other socials on the other hand, are totally dead :x

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm pretty sure the Zelda social is one of the most active threads, if not the most. Smash 4 social prob the most if you count it. Some other socials on the other hand, are totally dead :x
Only difference is that we have an a time board, not one single thread. Also, our social consists of more than reaction images. However, yeah Zelda social it definitively more active than our entire boards even probably.

Other than that we still win regarding or only activity but productivity.

Uh, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to question your ways, if that is who I have upset you guys. I never intended to upset you guys at any rate, so I am sorry if I did.
There's a saying in Spanish:

"A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes"

Think about that.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Only difference is that we have an a time board, not one single thread. Also, our social consists of more than reaction images. However, yeah Zelda social it definitively more active than our entire boards even probably.

Other than that we still win regarding or only activity but productivity.

Think about that.
We post in our other threads too, but yeah, the social def takes the cake. I swear we post more than reaction images lmao. We actually have newcomers in there now since our Rosalina raid.

Honestly, the socials are some of my fav things about Smashboards. Most of the other stuff is library stuff for me (which is useful too of course).

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
@ The Merc The Merc Try to understand that everyone who comes here often enough is a troll. If you ask a question, no matter how innocuous, you should be prepared for atleast someone to say something completely unrelated to your question.

If you want my answer to your question, I'd say it's because you also may or may not play Link as well, and people around here like that about other people. You also keep coming back to post here which is another thing that endears people around these parts.
In short, you hangout with us, so we treat you better than the "lowly Gay loving scum" for those reasons and others.

*Sarcasm mode*But don't let that go to your head newbie, we nearly castrated Shin of all people for accidentally double posting once*Sarcasm end*

Rizen

Smash Legend

This is why google translate sucks. It translates:
"A gift horse teeth do not look" instead of the old saying "Do not look a gift horse in the mouth (or teeth)". I think the Greeks told that to the Trojans.

I bought a GC Controller adapter finally for $70 with shipping (yeah you won, damn you price hikers :mad:). It still beats what they were asking originally of $100-200 :facepalm:. I feel like a great weight has been lifted of my chest. <3 GCC it feel so much better than the Pro Controller :awesome:. This is me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_xGlL1XOc

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Think about that.
Okay then, I will. Thanks for the advice :).

@ The Merc The Merc Try to understand that everyone who comes here often enough is a troll. If you ask a question, no matter how innocuous, you should be prepared for atleast someone to say something completely unrelated to your question.

If you want my answer to your question, I'd say it's because you also may or may not play Link as well, and people around here like that about other people. You also keep coming back to post here which is another thing that endears people around these parts.
In short, you hangout with us, so we treat you better than the "lowly Gay loving scum" for those reasons and others.

*Sarcasm mode*But don't let that go to your head newbie, we nearly castrated Shin of all people for accidentally double posting once*Sarcasm end*
oh, ok. I knew you Link's were known for being trolls, I just can't tell sometimes, that's all.

Also, that's really awesome man reason, thanks man :).

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
This is why google translate sucks. It translates:
"A gift horse teeth do not look" instead of the old saying "Do not look a gift horse in the mouth (or teeth)". I think the Greeks told that to the Trojans.
The saying refers to the fact that horses' teeth continue to grow as they age so you could in theory tell if someone gave you an old, useless horse by checking their mouth, or teeth. So the idea is "When you get a gift say thank you and graciously accept it, don't criticize the gift the person gave you." You're confusing it with the other saying "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts," referring to the Trojan horse incident in mythology that allowed the Greeks to slaughter the Trojans in the middle of the night.

And yes, GC Adapter makes things so much easier. The Fight Pad makes it really tough to get tilts in imo and I could never use a WiiU Pro controller with the c-stick in the corner there.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey, have you guys watched Screwattacks top 5 facts about Smash? Well, here is my advice, if you have a VET character you really wanted to return, don't watch it. I just finished the show and after here fact NO. 5, I found out that apparently all VET character's were suppose to return but were cut because of time restrains. WHY SAKURIA?! Why couldn't you just delay the game a little long so characters like Young Link could return and why is Mewtwo the only VET that is DLC. SAKURAI!!!!

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
To the SWF staff and the other powers that be, no matter how nice I might seem, or how polite I might sound, or how legible my typing is: Do not trust me with mod powers. If given that power, I would spend days at a time editing people's posts for grammatical and syntax reasons. Fair warning... If the seal on my dark desires is ever broken, a flood of proofreading shall gush forth consuming all typos in its path.

In other news, I've been testing out Young Link in Hyrule Warriors, and with the setup I have with him he might be sorta broken.
Lvl 85 with a 420 Vengeful Deity mask
the effects are: Exp+/Strong Attack+/Special+/Darkness+/Strength VI/ and Light+

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
To the SWF staff and the other powers that be, no matter how nice I might seem, or how polite I might sound, or how legible my typing is: Do not trust me with mod powers. If given that power, I would spend days at a time editing people's posts for grammatical and syntax reasons. Fair warning... If the seal on my dark desires is ever broken, a flood of proofreading shall gush forth consuming all typos in it's path.

In other news, I've been testing out Young Link in Hyrule Warriors, and with the setup I have with him he might be sorta broken.
Lvl 85 with a 420 Vengeful Deity mask
the effects are: Exp+/Strong Attack+/Special+/Darkness+/Strength VI/ and Light+
Aw man. This makes me want Hyrule warriors more and Young Link in smash even more!!! I need money now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No joke, if they put Young Link back in Smash (as he was before) with the Razor Sword and MM Hylian Shield I would play him so much.
It's an arbitrary inclusion that would be very much appreciated.
Honestly, I want every DLC character to be a surprise or something unexpected.

"They won't make Assist Trophies into DLC fighters!"
Adds Midna.
"They won't add three Links to one game!"
Adds Young Link.
"They won't have third-party DLC!"
Adds Snake and Rayman.
"They won't add indie game characters to Smash ever!"
Adds Shovel Knight.
So on.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
MM doesn't have a hylian shield ._.
also just putting it out there gilded sword >>>>> razor sword

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
MM doesn't have a hylian shield ._.
also just putting it out there gilded sword >>>>> razor sword
Bah, fine.

It looks exactly the same.
Also no, Razor Sword, at least from a visual standpoint = best sword.
Though honestly they should just give him the Kokiri Sword from MM...

Last edited:
Top Bottom