• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linguini Presents: Lovin Dat Hitstun 2-Venue Change, Check OP-04/18/09

Life After Death

Smash Champion
prolly not going to this ima just chill with jamel and tell him to go to a brawl tourney with reflex in it and make em play first round so he can punch that ***** in the face. i like how this tourney went from 15 cfl coming to no cfl and sfl players going no more and saying *** linguini lol.

fl just need good hosts like will. lol i agree with afro even though brawl nubs will always be brawl nubs the melee scene is just as useless and worthless.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
fl just need good hosts like will. lol i agree with afro even though brawl nubs will always be brawl nubs the melee scene is just as useless and worthless.
That might be partially true, but I think it's only as far as organizing and hyping goes, really. Melee tourney organizers don't seem to be as inspired to hype their tourneys like they used to, and to make matters worse, the bottom seems to have fallen out regarding coherence. Just puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth that doesn't live 10 minutes from ZP.

This date doesn't seem good in general. Not only is the conflict with Will's tourney a problem -- the NBA playoffs start tomorrow, as well as a major UFC fight. There's just other things vying for people's attention on a Sat afternoon than the possibility of a defunct Melee tournament.

-Kimo

Life After Death

Smash Champion
i dont blame cfl for not coming. its not about hosts not being inspired its just that they suck and thier lazy lol. WILL is the best host ever. he makes even good hosts look like jokes real talk. u till coming to this kye? im not goign *** that ****. its ruined so it deserves to be **** on by the players.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I dunno, I'm off tomorrow with nothing specifically planned outside the gym. Depending on the time singles starts I might go.

-Kye

Finch

Smash Lord
There are plenty of melee tournaments in cfl (other than gigs) and one good host (hungrybox), and even the bad hosts hype their tournaments. Linguini just doesn't hype his stuff at all, he just assumes everybody is going to show up then gets surprised when one person decides the tournament isn't worth it and drops out, then everyone follows that person. Me dropping out shouldn't have really affected it much since, according to the first post, 25 people still would have gone. But no one really believes that because we didn't get any reinforcement. SFL needs a good venue and a host with way too much energy like we have lol

Linguini

Smash Master
i dont see the problem lol, the venue is better than zp and its 10 min away, dont see why that would change anyone from coming like you kye,and chops.
i called alot of people and imed a ****load so im pretty sure i put some time into hyping this.

dunno why people are asking if this is happening because it clearly is. **** you cfl, you ppl are mad whack i announced this a while ago.flatsoda this is closer to your place lol, and raven its in a house. i guess im the only one who remembers amazing house tournies like doodahs.

cyou all tommorow,

AfroQT

Smash Master
i dont see the problem lol, the venue is better than zp and its 10 min away, dont see why that would change anyone from coming like you kye,and chops.
i called alot of people and imed a ****load so im pretty sure i put some time into hyping this.

dunno why people are asking if this is happening because it clearly is. **** you cfl, you ppl are mad whack i announced this a while ago.flatsoda this is closer to your place lol, and raven its in a house. i guess im the only one who remembers amazing house tournies like doodahs.

cyou all tommorow,
There shouldnt of been a problem to begin with...when you post a tourney you should ask the host (like....probably BEFORE the thread is made) if you can host the tourney there.
People wouldnt be dropping out due to venue change johns if there wasnt a need for a venue change....

Linguini

Smash Master
There shouldnt of been a problem to begin with...when you post a tourney you should ask the host (like....probably BEFORE the thread is made) if you can host the tourney there.
People wouldnt be dropping out due to venue change johns if there wasnt a need for a venue change....
shut the **** up,
venue johns? does that even ****ing exist?
"oh my god i have to drive 10 more minutes to get to the tornament! im not going"

lets be serious.

well theres still a tampa car coming, so if sfl itself doesnt show up thats just disrespect, if nothing else.

AfroQT

Smash Master
shut the **** up,
venue johns? does that even ****ing exist?
"oh my god i have to drive 10 more minutes to get to the tornament! im not going"

lets be serious.

well theres still a tampa car coming, so if sfl itself doesnt show up thats just disrespect, if nothing else.
Alright well its clear your a dumb ho.
People are acting iffy BECAUSE of the venue change.
Why did the venue get changed, because YOU failed to ask ZP in advance.

Dont get pissed at me cuz of your ****ing stupidity. You made the thread (before Will actually) and could of had this date reserved BUT i guess calling zp and asking to reserve the date was a huge ****ing deal. Whether you like the johns or not its YOUR ****ing fault. Dont get pissed at me kid

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If only I had a ride I'd be going to this. **** I'm having problems with money and I didn't get no ****ing call from that position and also its pretty far. Im a 19 year old who doesn't have his **** straight yet and isn't independent. Sure I'm johning but what else can I do? Sell candy? lol, don't have any candy. Get a job? Still looking for one. I might still be moving anyways... >_>

[/rant] I really wanted to come to this though. If only life were perfect and you could go to all tournaments you could go to and have a great job and a woman and be able to satisfy your family and friends and yourself.

(I live in CFL btw... no one cares tho)

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ok Ok. The venue honestly isn't that much further from Zero Ping, as a matter of fact; this is the same venue where we had Chudat play Shiz. I personally know the home owner as a friend, and he was more than willing to host it. The entrance fee goes directly to him, so it'll be helping him out financially. CFL you guys really should try to make this. Especially if no one has anything to do tomorrow. I don't understand why you guys are so apprehensive to come to place, when a majority of you have been here before.

@Kye - You said "possible defunct" tournament, well this tournament will be dysfunctional if YOU and other smashers don't show up. So show up and we'll watch the NBA Finals together on one of the T.v's. (Though I'm more of a boxing/football fan)
lol

Linguini you ****ed up big time, and you need to learn responsibility. You very well might have ruined the melee scene here and people's trust in your competence. You took on the task of being Miami's melee host so confidently, that you told me to kill my tournament and deliberately took the date I had already planned, but you don't give a ****, so there's no point in talking to you. I'm not going to write to an essay on lecturing everyone here. So I'll just outwardly extend a humble invite and request to please come tomorrow. Let's make this a great tournament despite the abrupt changes in the venue.

Bring T.V's and Cubes and Wii's and don't worry, from now on Seibrik and I will make SURE that this never happens again and will notify FL of any changes that happen way in advance, so that it does not inconvenience anyone ever again. :)

Linguini

Smash Master
Ill admit my mistake, last time it wasnt my fault at all though, so this is the first time it i ****ed up.

Ive hosted over 10 tourneys since i started and i never made any money from them ,just trying to help out the community. I was irresponsible this time and i recognize it, but dont paint me as a villain.

Should be the last time im hosting so you guys dont have to attend my **** tournaments anymore.

ill be showing up with tampa around 1.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ill admit my mistake, last time it wasnt my fault at all though, so this is the first time it i ****ed up.

Ive hosted over 10 tourneys since i started and i never made any money from them ,just trying to help out the community. I was irresponsible this time and i recognize it, but dont paint me as a villain.

Should be the last time im hosting so you guys dont have to attend my **** tournaments anymore.

ill be showing up with tampa around 1.
Well man, sorry if that's how you feel. I'm not trying to beat you up, but I won't sit there and coddle you either. Just make sure it doesn't happen again. Because in actuality this wouldn't be the FIRST offense you've made regarding this. Just make sure to call Phil WAY in advance to book a tournament and MAKE SURE the venue is ours for the day. Not that hard man.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I definitely won't be that early. I'm actually hoping this runs late (like most Smash tourneys do).

I've got a conflict at my job I gotta settle at 12pm sharp.

-Kimo

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I definitely won't be that early. I'm actually hoping this runs late (like most Smash tourneys do).

I've got a conflict at my job I gotta settle at 12pm sharp.

-Kimo
Well we'll see what happens based on the attendance, if it'll start that early. Lol do what you do and we'll be here regardless.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I looked up the address for stevens house and it shows that he lives around westview country club? Is that the right place? Because if it is thats surprisingly convienient for me. Its only about 4 miles away from my house. Then again linguini said its only 10 minutes from ZP and it takes me like 40 minutes to get to ZP so I'm really confused about whether I have the right place or not.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
So you're really not coming? The only reason I wanna go to this is because you're retiring and I wanna fight you one more time.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Great. I don't think you remember me. We played last month at Zero Ping. My name is Danny. Hopefully I'll get to play you tomorrow along with whoever else ends up coming.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Somebody please do me a quick favor and provide me with straight forward directions to Steven's house from ZP (taking 95).

I don't trust address engines.

-Kimo

no1knows87

Smash Rookie
Hey synikal, it's the author himself, Steven King. from the I-95, go south till you hit 103rd ST, then turn right so your heading west. go to 27th AVE then make another right so your heading north. You'll see a mcdonalds on your right hand side, that way you'll know your going the right way....Turn right AFTER the mcdonalds, go past 2 stop signs and then look for house 2440, assuringly there'll be a whole bunch of cars parked out front. my number is 786 566 7840. call if anything. can't wait to get in some friendlies, see you there.

Top Bottom