• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smash brawl player 99021

I played some TTYD, beat Hooktail,
Played some Black Ops with F8AL and ODIN...and Swampert
and some L4D2.

*shrugs*

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hooktail is the first boss if I remember correctly?

Reminds me of the pit of 100 trials... I nearly lost to Bonetail when I first tried it. It was the most intense Paper Mario moment for me by far.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hooktail is the first boss if I remember correctly?

Reminds me of the pit of 100 trials... I nearly lost to Bonetail when I first tried it. It was the most intense Paper Mario moment for me by far.
It took me like 4 hours to beat that whole thing. :urg:

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
So I've been doing a bit of gaming here lately, XD.

Dragon Age(Aiming to platinum, 60%)
Spiderman SD: (80%, same thing)
Pokemon (Finishing TC, on Super Singles)
Mortal Kombat (want to platinum but will probably 60%+ like MvC3..)
Moon Diver (Co-op game I play irl, will 100% one day)
And ugh.. Doodle God on the iTouch.

I recommended these to everyone, except Doodle God. Trying to finish Shattered Dimensions is hard, though.
I still have SD sitting at 18/52 cheevos.Not a bad game just isn't my thing I guess.
How hard of a list does MK have?I hate fighting games that are impossible to 100% unless your absolutely amazing at them(SF4)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's hard, but possible imo. SSFIV and MVC3 piss me off. So does Sonic1, actually.

SSFIV is at 19%
MvC3 is at 64% (passing, at least)
Sonic is 90% (beating the game in less than 40min... didn't care to do it)

MK has some hard challenges like have 100 wins online, 10 in a row, etc, but that's kinda doable. Mastering everyone[aka playing for 24hours per person, which you can cheat that by leaving your game running] takes time but is easy.

S

smash brawl player 99021

My pal Ike and I just beat the L4D2 version of "No Mercy" on Expert...
holy ****.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Maaaaan I don't know why but for the past week I've been wanting to play NiGHTS so badly, but I don't have either the Sega Saturn nor the actual game to play it with :c

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I played the new one for the wii--it sucked.
I second that.

I also played Homefront today.It isn't as bad as people say it is.The campaign is decent and is pretty short.The multiplayer is a lot of fun though.

It just bothers me that games like CoD or Halo get judged off of their multiplayer(Since that's the main aspect of those games)but smaller games like Homefront don't. Even when Multiplayer is obviously the main aspect of that game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I second that.

I also played Homefront today.It isn't as bad as people say it is.The campaign is decent and is pretty short.The multiplayer is a lot of fun though.

It just bothers me that games like CoD or Halo get judged off of their multiplayer(Since that's the main aspect of those games)but smaller games like Homefront don't. Even when Multiplayer is obviously the main aspect of that game.
Doesn't the spawn system get boring after the first 5 times? You basically fall from the sky to the ground.

And I just changed the thread's title to a random one. Don't worry guys, I'll get to all of them eventually.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I'm so addicted to Mortal Kombat. I picked up SSFIV/MvC3 and hated them, but I'm loving this. Best part is I'm loving learning it as well. I won't lie, my suckage at those two games was pretty depressing, but I feel great.

I can accept that fact I suck at hardcore fighting games. :D

Sucks I own two copies of the game though D:. Long story...

Smoke/SubZero for now, guna pick up Scorpion/Kratos later.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, if I was into competitive fighting games aside from Smash, I'd go for SF or MK. MK, I'd main Sub-Zero and Kung Lao.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Anyone surprised that Nintendo announced a successor to the Wii today? I don't want next gen to start in 2012...maybe 2014/2015. :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Nintendo -needs- a new console. It's extremely outdated, just saying. 360 isn't far behind, either. What confuses me is usually the companies release consoles at the same time, but I seriously doubt Sony will even unveil a ps4 until 2012/2013 and it come out in 2013~2015.

I can see where Microsoft/Nintendo could improve(especially Ninty), but what could the ps3 add? There are minor things I'm sure, but you can't go much further than 1080p HD Blue Ray. (and Sony has 3DTVs...)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
^ Nintendo -needs- a new console. It's extremely outdated, just saying. 360 isn't far behind, either. What confuses me is usually the companies release consoles at the same time, but I seriously doubt Sony will even unveil a ps4 until 2012/2013 and it come out in 2013~2015.

I can see where Microsoft/Nintendo could improve(especially Ninty), but what could the ps3 add? There are minor things I'm sure, but you can't go much further than 1080p HD Blue Ray. (and Sony has 3DTVs...)
The only thing I can imagine the PS3 doing to improve is just getting a better online because I'll admit the online service on it bites

I.E. the downing of the servers during the past 5 days

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Just wondering but what does the 360 lack that the PS3 has? I don't have a 360 but the only thing I can think of is 3D, slightly better graphics and bigger disk storage with blue ray. None of which are important enough to warrant an entirely new console.

finalark

SNORLAX
Anyone surprised that Nintendo announced a successor to the Wii today? I don't want next gen to start in 2012...maybe 2014/2015. :(
Honestly, I'm ready for a new generation. This one has done nothing but stagnate with a steadily declining number of games that genuinely interest me. Not to mention that I can count the number of new franchises that came out that I genuinely care about on one hand.

But *****ing aside, this gen had a good run. Sandbox games flourished, we got a mountain of good FPS', fighting games made a return and we finally pinned down online play. We'll always have the memories of playing Left 4 Dead until the wee hours of the night with our friends or the memories of the first time we played Mario Galaxy. But I feel that this generation has started to over stay its welcome, and it's time to say goodbye. I'm excited to see what Nintendo does next, and I'm intrigued to find out how Sony and Microsoft respond.

Just wondering but what does the 360 lack that the PS3 has?
Free online.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In my opinion, it's all about how much you play online. I like to kick back and enjoy the occasional online mode for whatever game it is, but now that I think about it, most of my time goes into offline. So Live would not do well for me if I was tempted to play online once or twice.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

Just wondering but what does the 360 lack that the PS3 has? I don't have a 360 but the only thing I can think of is 3D, slightly better graphics and bigger disk storage with blue ray. None of which are important enough to warrant an entirely new console.
Just all that combined, and the fact Blue Ray has a ways to go.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ehh...none of those are really important enough or big enough where you could sell entirely new consoles off it. The graphics difference between the two is barely noticeable (and next to non-existent when its a game for both consoles). 3D isn't really big considering most people don't even own 3DTVs. Blue ray is great though and the extra space it provides could be very useful for future games that need more space (as of yet, DVDs seem to be fine for 98% of games).

Either way though, I think both systems are outdated (they both use 5-6 year old technology after all) and could use a replacement but not at this point. They still have enough going for them for at least another year or two.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If 360 got a blue ray upgrade they both could last much longer imo. 'Cause honestly if 360 got that, it's hard to say either need an upgrade anytime soon. Ninty was really the only one that was "far behind".

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I personally think this move by Nintendo is genius.

I mean, so many people are gonna buy this, there is no competition and it's already pretty hyped.

It's literally like they made the Wii to make a ****load of cash, watched what PS3 and 360 did and decided to make a console more like theirs.

I mean every other console copied all Nintendo's stuff in the past, now maybe it's their turn?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well, if Nintendo sell a buttload of these uncontested, they are gonna make huge profit with Sony and Microsoft continuing to make a loss on their consoles.

This will pretty much force the 2 to release another even more powerful console with expensive new hardware, furthering their loss due to development costs.

So they are gonna lose even more money trying to out do this new Nintendo one in a few years time basically.

Nintendo can now make a better console than the other 2 for a fraction of the cost that the others spent initially.

It's just genius IMO because of the timing, especially if they get online play right.

Everyone will want one of these and no other console will be out to take away from sales.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think Sony and Microsoft will make the same mistake in terms of making their consoles super expensive. They will find a way around it. Enough to where there is a noticeable difference in terms of horse power between Nintendo and the two companies, and other things they can offer.

I'm also interested in seeing if Nintendo can establish a good menu. The Wii Channel thing was a bit lame in my opinion, and there were not enough updates or innovations.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The pointer is extremely convenient. The wiimote setup is perfect for FPS games. After playing Goldeneye and Metroid Prime Trilogy I find it very difficult to go back to regular controllers for FPSes.

Games like Wario Ware are really really fun, and they just aren't as fun on the other systems without the wiimote.

The motion/pointer controls in Silent Hill Shattered Memories made the game so much more immersive and exciting. The same game on the PS2 isn't nearly as gripping because of the controls.

They also COULD become the perfect technology for many sports games. Of course evidenced by Wii Sports, but also EA's Tiger Woods Golf really benefitted from the wiimotion+

I would like a little more focus on traditional controls, but wiimotes should definitely be compatible and certain games should definitely still use the technology. It would be a waste to confine that concept to just the Wii/Kinect/Move generation.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The wiimote setup is perfect for FPS games.
What is this I don't even...

Maybe for slower paced games like Metroid I guess but there's no way in hell the Wiimote should be preferred for faster paced console FPS.

Kinda like for Mario Kart Wii. The Wii wheel is fun and all to use but you're at a huge disadvantage when going up against opponents using regular controllers since the controls aren't nearly as steady or responsive.

I especially remember playing CoD4 on the Wii... I wasn't impressed with the controls at all.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I dunno about CoD or Conduit or whatever, but Goldeneye had a whole bunch of tweakable options. The default settings aren't great and I was about to give it up for regular controls but I messed around with the sensitivity and speed options for a while and tuned it exactly to my liking and then all of a sudden it was constant headshots. I will admit that the sensor bar setup we have now is cause for some issues though. It would be nice if they developed the tech more.

I also like having certain commands on waggle. For some reason, slightly shaking the remote or nunchuk for melee is more intuitive and easy to use for me. Just like I like using the nunchuk scheme in Mario Kart because it maps wheelies to the waggle and it makes some things much easier.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, Goldeneye wasn't that bad after I had to find the ideal settings by going checking up on message boards. Still though, I still preferred the GC controller at the end of the day. The default settings were just flat out terrible, goodness gracious.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is random but there's a really, really bad storm going on here where I'm at (really, really bad thunderstorms going on right now).

Keep me in your prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom