• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Last night was the first time ever in my life that Environment Canada issued a 'Tornado Warning' in my area. :X

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm at my local library with 10 minutes left to spare. Then off to the bus stop and get home.
I've been playing MK64 on a friends emulator since I got most of the free time at school.
Oh yes, the good ol' days...

And yes, the Hurricane didn't directly hit Florida. Just when I was going to do all nighters for 3 days...
But still, Since it's going all the way to new york, hoping the rest of my family will be alright over there.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Funny you guys mention hurricanes and tornadoes, I've been through two major hurricanes, luckily nothing major happened, I was pretty lucky actually.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just made a PR interview thread. Supporting the pool room to have ppl ask a selected person a question.

Works just like LH Interview. Huge credit to you Tery.

Plus, Hurricanes Suck. You almost never know it will be a hit or a miss.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I just made a PR interview thread. Supporting the pool room to have ppl ask a selected person a question.

Works just like LH Interview. Huge credit to you Tery.

Plus, Hurricanes Suck. You almost never know it will be a hit or a miss.
Yo give cred to TwentyTwo man. Also looks a bit different from this one, but good job I guess?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Funny you guys mention hurricanes and tornadoes, I've been through two major hurricanes, luckily nothing major happened, I was pretty lucky actually.

Pffft. I've been through at least 10 in my life. In 2004 we got hit by four huge ones. Hurricane Charley was a Cat. 4 when it hit us in FL. It's the biggest tropical cyclone to hit the US since Andrew in 1993 (which I was also here for, but too young to really remember). It ****ed stuff up pretty bad.

Then, not even two weeks later, Frances hit us. It was only Cat. 2 by the time it got here but it was GIGANTIC and so slow moving that many places just got flood out. It also brought a ton of tornado breakouts with it. One of the main interstates got a gigantic sinkhole from all the rain. Very scary. I can't remember if Charley or Frances was the scariest.

Then not even two weeks after THAT, we got hit by Ivan. Luckily this one was a weakening Cat. 1 when it passed by Florida.

So, ten days later, when I heard that yet another hurricane was coming, Jeanne, I wasn't even really phased. I was almost ready to become accustomed to hurricanes ALL THE TIME. Jeanne was a Cat. 3, but it was fairly tame compared to Charley and Frances.

That year sucked balls.

edit: OH YEAH. Then in 1999 we got hit by hurricane Floyd which killed 57 people.

of course, it's nothing compared to the 3,000 people in Haiti that died in hurricane Jeanne's flooding but still pretty scary.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^Wow, that's alot of Hurricanes man.

Well I've actually been through 2 hurricanes and 1 tropical storm.

In 2001, Tropical Storm Allison came through out area, but that wasn't just an ordinary storm, it flooded our house at least halfway through our house, it was so inconvinient that be have a large bayou right next to out neighborhood, it lasted about 3 days or so, it was not pretty at all.

The other two were Hurricane Rita which was about 1 month after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, though it was only a category 2 storm, the other one was Hurricane Ike in 2008, this one was a category 3 storm, we only got some fence damage and a couple of trees came down, but nothing to major, funny thing is is that our street was the only one with power for 2 straight days since everbody else around us literally lost electricity, it was crazy.

But yea, around those 2 times I actually ended up going to Dallas, it was time off from work as well, it was awesome.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution a lot this week. It's a great game but to anyone who wants to pick it up, I strongly advise against doing a nonlethal playthrough. The Stun Gun and the Tranquilizer Rifle are terrible in just about every aspect, you can't upgrade them, and ammo is nearly impossible to find. Also, the tranquilizer darts from the rifle take a while to kick in so you'll have to wait a second or two before they go down during which time they can potentially trigger an alarm.

Other than that, it's an amazing game.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I'm pretty new at this "social thread" thing at SmashBoards, so I figure I should give it a try.
It's past my 15th birthday, which it's yesterday. It was quite fun to spend time with my parents and brother. I had cake, money, and a fun time at the arcades at Mars 2112. It was also my first time I got to try out a Tekken arcade game. ^^
We never got to get any Tekken arcade games here... it's rare to see them any where. :(
So, pretty much ends my story there. ^^
How are you guys? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom