• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So today during lunch I rant on CoD to a friend, and others ease drop on my rant an call me a BF3 fanboy. I give very good reasons as to why the game sucks, and get calle a gears fanboy. I gave good reasons as to why that game sucks as well, and then I get called a casual and start saying how I own a wii and how I'm not a true gamer, then they leave

So apparently I'm a casual if I hate the MP of all the biggest games right now. Cool

:phone:

Thino

Smash Master
Complaining that a sequel is the same as the previous installment with some new options?

What did you guys expect? A complete revamp or something?

:phone:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Complaining that a sequel is the same as the previous installment with some new options?

What did you guys expect? A complete revamp or something?
Usually a sequel improves on previous installments.

I think this more like a reorganization of old concepts.

And I'm the only one complaining here.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem is that that's what they've been doing for years (making the exact same game (and then it's masqueraded as the best most innovative and intuitive technologically advanced master game (because of all of the revolutionary aspects like being able to shoot and jump and crouch and throw grenades (not to mention the super special awesome campaign that is completely different from all other FPS campaigns but not really (I would rant about how good the multiplayer modes are but I realize nobody's believing that for a second))))) and you're just now bringing it up like it's a completely new concept.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
OH MY GOD GUYS THEY'RE COMING OUT WITH A NEW SMASH BROS AND IT HAS THE SAME FORMAT AS THE LAST ONE
LETS GO ON THE INTERNET AND COMPLAIN
AAAAaAAAAAassdasnjklsdl,;aGENERICFPSTHISPICTURE HAS BEEN POSTED EVERYWHERE.

OH MY GOD DID YOU HEAR THAT IN THE NEW CoD THEY'RE STILL USING GUNS? HOLY **** MAN LETS BOYCOTT IT.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If brawl was a repaint like Melee, I'd be playing that all damn day.

Nice try, Wretched.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
OH MY GOD GUYS THEY'RE COMING OUT WITH A NEW SMASH BROS AND IT HAS THE SAME FORMAT AS THE LAST ONE
LETS GO ON THE INTERNET AND COMPLAIN
AAAAaAAAAAassdasnjklsdl,;aGENERICFPSTHISPICTURE HAS BEEN POSTED EVERYWHERE.

OH MY GOD DID YOU HEAR THAT IN THE NEW CoD THEY'RE STILL USING GUNS? HOLY **** MAN LETS BOYCOTT IT.
This joke doesn't really work when the majority of SSB's fanbase gets mouth frothingly angry at the mere fact that Brawl isn't the same thing as Melee.

edit, beaten, ****

theeboredone

Smash Legend
How to properly "retweak" or "improve" a game...

Look at Uncharted 3. The whole game concept remains the same in SP. They improved melee combat, and the "cinematic" atmosphere of the game (graphics, realistic movement, etc). The shooting mechanics are still meh, but they also gave players the ability to customize the appearances more in MP. The stages are also now interactive (like a part of the stage eventually burns down.) They also introduced "kickbacks" which gives you access to powerful weapons midcombat once you acquire enough "medals" for accomplishing certain feats in battle. Some things have been introduced in other games before or are simple renamed for unique purposes, but at least they are adding upon a strong foundation.

Nothing is the same, not everything feels super rehashed, and while I would not buy it for 60 dollars, I can see why some would. It would be better if a CoD game came out every 2 years instead of every year. Gives more time to improve and at least try to add some innovative features. But we all know CoD is a milking franchise (like Assassin's Creed sadly) and they are gonna keep going at it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I forgot about how I just said that it was a repaint.
The problem is that he was calling MW3 just a repaint. So if you were gonna try to disprove that you would bring up an example of another genre of game just being a repaint...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, here I thought you were mocking the folks complaining about how the game was the same.

I tend not to read your posts. I just assumed. Whoops.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I said that they have the same basic format.

That means I said they're the same game.
And MW3 isn't a repaint.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So according to your logic if I use the same basic construction format to build both a church and a desk they're the same thing.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I think you should just take a second and read posts just a tiny bit closer to understand the context of the situation.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
okay, let's break this down...

You said that ... they have the same basic format ... aka they're the same game.

So, same format = same game. If you don't agree with this then you just have no idea what you're saying and should just go back to the drawing board.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Let me help you in my qualifications in why I say this -

I put in over a month of time in CoD4 MP. I put in more of that into MW2. I put in, maybe, a week of hours into BlOps. And I've currently playing some of the MW3 MP.

I've also noted why I feel the way I do about MW3.

How about you tell me WHY YOU THINK it isn't instead of being a satirical troll and mock us?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I was being sarcastic because ZIO jumped to that same conclusion. They're not the same game just because they have the same basic format/Concept.
Melee and Brawl are different and MW2 and 3 are different.
Its like you think that they're the same game just because they look similar at first. I mean, everyone thought brawl would be fast paced and competitively viable when it first came out. I remember some dude got the game early and called wolf a combo character and said that metaknight would be low tier.

Have you even gotten/played MW3?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope.
I don't own a game after the whole 15 hours it's been out.

What a shame.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's what I do.

I wasn't ever even talking about MW3 specifically. I was originally trying to argue a completely different point than what ZIO was talking about, and then I ended up being lumped into the same argument because I tried to clarify a point.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All Activision did new was add more options and choices on the MP menus. And edited how some guns shoot, kick back, and their range effectiveness.

I mean, the guns look the same, and I seent one too many recycled vehicles and scenery to even believe these guys really gave an effort for this game.

Yeah, I'm pretty mad. But pretty glad this got into my hands for free. Never would I spend over $20 for this bargain bin effort.

Also - deal with the comment here, as you know damn sure folks will be talking about the game

:cool:
Anyway, that was my original comment.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't understand how someone doesn't recognize me just because of a name change. That's a very minor part of my posts in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom