• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
So, I just started playing Rift via the week long trial version.

Gotten to level 8, and so far my impression is that its a WoW clone. A very well made and well thought out WoW clone but a WoW clone none the less.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So, I just started playing Rift via the week long trial version.

Gotten to level 8, and so far my impression is that its a WoW clone. A very well made and well thought out WoW clone but a WoW clone none the less.
WoW clone?

Not exactly. There are some things about Rift that make it stand apart, but unfortunately those things don't make it any better. Reputation grinds are freaking tedious and very reminiscent of Vanilla WoW when you get to the endgame. It's terrible. Unlike WoW, there's no real way to expedite the process; there's no tabards to help with your rep gain, no special doohickeys, nothing at all. You'll be doing dailies for days to get the mats that you want---only to find out that crafting things in that game is a humongous waste of time. You'd be better off PvEing all the live-long day to get your gear.

How they work the class system in that game is cool (the Calling and Soul system) but it's very, very redundant for some classes (why the **** do I need to take all of these talents for padding so I can progress and get the same damn interrupt that's in another tree?) and some of the trees are filled with some pretty useless talents (1%/2%/3% crit? wtf?). Some of the classes in that game are kinda lame too, especially if you've sampled what WoW's had to offer. Rogue-ish Souls (Assassin, Riftstalker, etc.) can't get true stealth unless they dump everything into a PvP soul (which you have to grind for in PvP and get to the uppermost rank and takes forever); Warriors have no gap-closers to speak of and they're pretty weak in relation to some of the other Souls (they're very busted, imo); Clerics are very hit-or-miss with their average healing specs and subpar DPS specs (Shaman souls are lulz apparently); and finally, Mages are probably the only thing in the game that I can't really complain about 'cause Trion did such a good job differentiating them with their Charge mechanic changing the properties of certain spells and whatnot.

And btw, I played this game for a while. You're talking to somebody who has a max level character (specifically, a Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer).

They've added some stuff to the game recently (1-2 man instances, cross-server dungeon finder, Planar Attenuation which tweaks your max level character even more, cosmetic gear, etc.) that makes it pretty interesting. I might just use their equivalent of the Scroll of Resurrection thingie to come back for a while just to poke around.

Just my two cents.

Smooth Criminal

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not a PC gamer, and I tried to play that crap on PC.

It's a no go for me.

Oh well. Your loss.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If i can't play with a controller, it's not better for me.

:glare:
I'm not a PC gamer, and I tried to play that crap on PC.

It's a no go for me.

Oh well. Your loss.
IT'S ****ING TETRIS.

You move the blocks around and there are no other controls. You can play it extremely easily with arrow keys or wasd.

Needing a controller to play Tetris is like needing an arcade stick to play Pac Man.

did somebody say something about going in
Oh, I get it, like sex.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally gets to you that much, plug a controller into your computer.

But seriously... it's tetris.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
How many people here would be interested in a Tetris Friends tournament? It's free to play and lots of fun.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
IT'S ****ING TETRIS.

You move the blocks around and there are no other controls. You can play it extremely easily with arrow keys or wasd.

Needing a controller to play Tetris is like needing an arcade stick to play Pac Man.
Here, let me explain it, if I wasn't so clear before.

If

It

is

NOT

On a

Controller

I can't

Play it.

:cool:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't like how the "S" "H" "F" and "L" keys are so far apart from eachother

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No, I can play tetris.

But not with a keyboard.

I grew up on console, and I will always buy and play on console.

The only time I play on PC is when there's Minecraft. Otherwise, I do mot play on PC.

Also, thanks for the Clear Insults to other Board Members, Gates.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom