• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and I'll mention this briefly here because the
MLP
thread is locked right now cause it was getting more spammy and homoerotic than usual, but I thought of a great idea last night:

Christopher Walken singing Giggle at the Ghosties.

"When I was...a little filly...and the sun...was going down,
The dahkness and the shadows, they would...ALWAYS...make me frown.
I'd hide, under my pillow...from what I taught I saw,
But Granny Pie, she said that wasn't the way...to deal with fears...at all.

She said I gotta have more cowbell Pinkie, ya gotta stand up tall...learn to face your fears,
You'll see that they can't hurt you...just laugh! And make 'em dissappear.
Ha...haha.
"

I also want to see Samuel L. Jackson voice Fluttershy.
"Listen here, mother****er! Just because you're big doesn't mean you get to be a bully! You may have huge teeth and sharp scales and snore smoke and breathe fire, but you do not, I repeat, YOU DO NOT HURT MY FRIENDS! AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!"

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Whats more amuzing is badger's avi.
Walken singing giggle at the ghostie is da boss.
If smooth was walken to my house, I WOULD get wasted. (If tery was actually a girl).

!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, don't insult eachother on the internet.

Hey kettle, you're black.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In other news, long story short I had to change my XBL username from TEH 4pp1e SEED back to XxSteadyEddyxX so if you guys could shoot me an XBL request with your Smashboards username that would be very helpful.

Preciate it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
In other news, long story short I had to change my XBL username from TEH 4pp1e SEED back to XxSteadyEddyxX so if you guys could shoot me an XBL request with your Smashboards username that would be very helpful.

Preciate it.
Again? Just sent you a friend request.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jovial Jabs.

Jovial JABS!

Don't do to this place what was done to DR D:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey guys, I finally received my check and I'm looking to spend, spend and spend on vidya. So far, I'm looking to buy these games:

Bioshock
Fallout 3
Demon Souls
DC Universe Online

Anyone agree or disagree? Suggestions?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Fallout 3 has to be the most overrated game of all time. The reason people like it so much is because you have almost no guidance as to what you have to do, so they treat it like a book without pages. You can make the game whatever you want, and therefore everyone likes it.
I personally like having objectives and goals.
If you have a Wii, get Okami. It is wonderful.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Fallout 3 has to be the most overrated game of all time. The reason people like it so much is because you have almost no guidance as to what you have to do, so they treat it like a book without pages. You can make the game whatever you want, and therefore everyone likes it.
so, how is that overrated exactly?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hey guys, I finally received my check and I'm looking to spend, spend and spend on vidya. So far, I'm looking to buy these games:

Bioshock
Fallout 3
Demon Souls
DC Universe Online

For the love of God, play Bioshock. Please. It is a really, really good game.

I have to agree with Wretched on Fallout 3 (as far as it being overrated but I have differing reasons for it), but it is enjoyable. There are bugs/glitches and a lack of polish in some areas but it's definitely worth a shot.

Never played Demon Souls. Just heard it was really, really freaking hard.

DC Universe Online is laughable. Ranks up there with some of the "free to play MMOs" that populate the interwebs at the moment. Get something else.

Smooth Criminal

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Its overrated because people give it so much praise for being so good, when really when you leave such vague parameters for how a game can and should be played, you give it more credit than it should have.

Commercial books do the same thing. They leave so much to the imagination that if you go into it with the idea that it is in any way good, you'll find the good things and ignore the bad things.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Its overrated because people give it so much praise for being so good, when really when you leave such vague parameters for how a game can and should be played, you give it more credit than it should have.

Commercial books do the same thing. They leave so much to the imagination that if you go into it with the idea that it is in any way good, you'll find the good things and ignore the bad things.
No....just no.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Thanks for the current feedback guys. I'll add Okami to my list.

DC Universe Online is laughable. Ranks up there with some of the "free to play MMOs" that populate the interwebs at the moment. Get something else.
i just seems interesting to me and my PC isn't capable to play MMOs. So this'll be the first one I'll play if I buy it and it's for the PS3 too.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Bioshock
Fallout 3
Demon Souls
DC Universe Online

If you want to talk about video games in a remotely intellectual setting, Bioshock is a requirement.

Fallout 3 is a good game. It can be seen as overrated since it's so popular, but the fact is that the gameplay is solid and the story is vast and varied, which is all you can really ask for in an RPG.

I've heard good things about Demon's Souls, but you should know that it's notoriously difficult.

I've heard not-so-good things about DCU Online and it came out at the beginning of the year so the player base is likely very small. It's the only game I'd recommend you pass on. Playing MMOs on a console is also extremely difficult without a keyboard.

If you have a Wii PS2, get Okami. It is wonderful.
Fixed.

I stopped playing Okami on the Wii because the controls were pretty frustrating. The general consensus with Okami seems to be that you should play the PS2 version if you can find a copy.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
O_o

I really like Fallout...

And you're not my real dad, so I don't have to tell you why.

._.

I just do, OKAY!

I do like that it's open ended, I love 'what if' stories/worlds, and there's a ton of stuff to do in both games. Bioshock and Okami are both wonderful

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ok, so far:

Bioshock: A must buy beause if I don't, others will beat me.
Fallout 3: Buy but opinion is 50/50 on rating.
Demon Souls: Buy but it's very hard.
DC Universe Online: Not liked as I thought it would be. Pass then, I'll buy shoes instead.
Okami: Rent

Anything else? I thought about Nier, feedback?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Sorry, but that is really dumb.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I heard bad things about Nier too.

Where the hell would you rent Okami from?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I heard bad things about Nier too.

Where the hell would you rent Okami from?
I heard that the story was really good though.

Well, there's the local video store here. I'm pretty sure they have it. If not...well, then there's always Gamefly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I heard that the story was really good though.
Yeah, but from what I understand it takes a while to pick up and the gameplay is just abysmal. The combat isn't stellar, the camera system is bad, and there are mandatory platforming segments despite the jumping controls being awful (which is one of my biggest complaints about modern action games).

It seems to have a niche following though. I'd say rent it if you can.

Well, there's the local video store here. I'm pretty sure they have it. If not...well, then there's always Gamefly.
Must be nice. When three Blockbusters all set up in my hometown within 10 miles of eachother, my local video rental store went out of business. And now Blockbuster is out of business so I can't rent ****.

Feels bad man.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Gaaaaaaates.

I would've talked for hours about all of the comics I've read. If you would like me to expound on what it is I have read/not read, I'll gladly tell you sometime. That was only a teensy tiny bit of stuff and we were kinda pressed for time.

F8AL, you're awesome! <3 Totally a blast to talk to.

Shout-outs to Tery, too.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom