• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm currently decked completly out in Aeropostale garbage. I'm doing laundry and am not going out looking like this, ever.

I don't care how fabulous I look.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've never worn a vneck before... >____>

Oh, I haz some light news. So my ex texts me telling me he still loves me. He's not expecting anything, and I even called him about how the feelings aren't mutual, and he understands - it was just something he had to get off his chest. *sigh*

:/

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
awww. poor kid. cute but sad. at least you aren't jumping into a loveless relationship though

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
I have fought monstrous cow-licks in my hair and have still never taken THAT long to do my hair.
My hair takes roughly that long too, and skipping the straightening step cuts the time down to just a few minutes. This is a step I only skip once or twice a year though; I cannot -stand- my natural hair texture or whatever. It turns into a frizzy, curly, puff ball that looks absolutely horrendous and puts me in a bad mood.

So to straighten my entire head after coming out of the shower takes about 30-40 minutes depending on various things. I guess you've never had to spend that long on your hair because you're fortunate enough to be blessed with naturally nice hair :p

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
I buy my jeans at around 20 bucks... And then I fix 'em up at home and make 'em sexy. :3
I remember I bought 60 dollar jeans once and they ended up getting green paint along one side of them.
At first I was like, NOOO! But then, after a while, I realized that they actually looked pretty sexy, so... I like 'em. :3 In fact, I'm wearing them now!!
They go along with the shoes I got paint on as well. :p

And, on another note, I think I'm sad...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I buy my jeans at around 20 bucks... And then I fix 'em up at home and make 'em sexy. :3
I remember I bought 60 dollar jeans once and they ended up getting green paint along one side of them.
At first I was like, NOOO! But then, after a while, I realized that they actually looked pretty sexy, so... I like 'em. :3 In fact, I'm wearing them now!!
They go along with the shoes I got paint on as well. :p

And, on another note, I think I'm sad...
thats me, i buy 20 dollar jeans usually, the only problem is they tend to fit until i wash them, then they shrink :mad:

but why so sad?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I haven't bought jeans in a while..still have some that's fit me since freshman year high school / 8th grade x___x...It's like 1 or 2 pairs.. But yeah, tend to spend not too much on em

As for fitting, i thought they had shrunk in the washing and drying..but after a few weeks of exercising, i fit into them again xD..well I fit into them before but didn't look as awesomes n___n

Why so blue, OGW?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey guys, veer it back on topic at least a little bit? It started out as fashion and relationships, but now it's just fashion.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Back on the topic of relationships. I'm interested in a guy but I don't think things will work out because of how inconsistent my location is. I spend half my year in Philadelphia and the other half in Indiana. That puts me near him half the year, and pretty **** far away the other half. I'm not sure if I should try and start something or not...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Point taken, but you know what I mean. :p

Taku, I'm in sort of the same boat as you are. I'm moving to Oregon in about 6 months, but that doesn't mean I'm not lonely. =/ SO. Do I look for someone, just to dump them in 6 months, or do I just stick to loneliness until I move?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So the gay salvadoreño student that I teach in my lab decided to find me and friend me on facebook. Then he decided to chat me up and talk to me until 2 am... interestingly enough, he plays peach. I assumed he played smash because he was gay, and I was right.

he thinks he can take me on. I think crushing him would let me assert my dominance.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
So the gay salvadoreño student that I teach in my lab decided to find me and friend me on facebook. Then he decided to chat me up and talk to me until 2 am... interestingly enough, he plays peach. I assumed he played smash because he was gay, and I was right.

he thinks he can take me on. I think crushing him would let me assert my dominance.
Lol, do it~. There's no greater assertion of dominance than to brutally pwn someone in Smash..I know I've done it my share of times..

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Again I warn you against getting into any relationships with him while you're teaching.

So yea, even if you guys end up being interested, hold off at least till he gets his grade in the course.

Steriotyping? Come on Sonic, I thought you were above this, lol. You guys would probably know better then me, does smash have a larger gay population then other games?

What if he's better then you?

Timbers

check me out
I have fought monstrous cow-licks in my hair and have still never taken THAT long to do my hair.
I tend to redo my hair at least 3 times over. I'm pretty picky about how it looks lol, and I like experimenting and changing around styles every few weeks. Walking out with the same hairstyle every month would be a bit boring to me.
Back on the topic of relationships. I'm interested in a guy but I don't think things will work out because of how inconsistent my location is. I spend half my year in Philadelphia and the other half in Indiana. That puts me near him half the year, and pretty **** far away the other half. I'm not sure if I should try and start something or not...
Point taken, but you know what I mean. :p

Taku, I'm in sort of the same boat as you are. I'm moving to Oregon in about 6 months, but that doesn't mean I'm not lonely. =/ SO. Do I look for someone, just to dump them in 6 months, or do I just stick to loneliness until I move?
Somewhat of a same boat as you guys. I have plans to move mid/late summer (back to Vegas) so I'm kind of torn between just waiting it out or finding someone up here. I'm leaning more towards the former though, as I really have no idea where I'd even start to look for a relationship out here. There is like, nothing up here lol.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Again I warn you against getting into any relationships with him while you're teaching.

So yea, even if you guys end up being interested, hold off at least till he gets his grade in the course.
hah hah. don't worry. we're friends right now. nothing more.

Steriotyping? Come on Sonic, I thought you were above this, lol. You guys would probably know better then me, does smash have a larger gay population then other games?

What if he's better then you?
stereotypes sometimes have some truth to them and, for some utterly arbitrary reason, every gay kid I've come across at least dabbles in smash. and, don't worry, I'm better than him. I'm sure of it.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
My love-life is so messed up...
There's this guy that I like and he knows I like him so he tries to distance himself from me as much as he can and it kinda hurts...
Then there's this other guy that likes me but I don't like me because I'm already meant to be the subby in a relationship, and he's a subby too, so I don't know how that's gonna work out...
Then there's this guy online that I really like but he's got a girlfriend and he knows I like him except this guy's really nice to me and, if it weren't for the distance, he would go out with me in a heartbeat, but the distance...
Also there's this other guy that I really like that I'm too stupid to say anything about so I'm watching him be taken when I probably [could have] had a chance in it...
ALSO there's this other guy who's younger than me and that I've had deep feelings for for a very long time now, and we've been boyfriends for a bit [online] but I had to break up with him because all we did was fight, and after that I noticed that both our lives have been spiraling downwards because of our break-up, and I really want to get back together with him but I'm too afraid that we'd start fighting again... That and he doesn't necessarily like to pertain to one guy alone, as much as he wants to...

Sigh... What the hell do I do... I pretty much screwed myself over, didn't I? :/

[btw, out of all those, the ones I REALLY would like to be with are the one with the girlfriend and the last one]

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Wow...I thought I'd get more support than this...

Thanks, guys...=[

ANyway, I met him at the Mexican restaurant yesterday. My mom almost found out. Thank god she didn't.

But I hope it works out with him.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Wow...I thought I'd get more support than this...

Thanks, guys...=[

ANyway, I met him at the Mexican restaurant yesterday. My mom almost found out. Thank god she didn't.

But I hope it works out with him.
Aww, soz, it just spiraled out of there. well..MORE DETAILS!. How'd it happen exactly?

OGW: soz about ur situation..but one major advice, NEVER move too far out to be with someone if u've never met them irl...

Deception

Smash Ace
Interestingly enough, this one girl I met today thought I was gay. All I told her was that I thought Samuel L. Jackson looked good. I can't compliment men for looking nice, otherwise I'm gay? That's a new stereotype for me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Interestingly enough, this one girl I met today thought I was gay. All I told her was that I thought Samuel L. Jackson looked good. I can't compliment men for looking nice, otherwise I'm gay? That's a new stereotype for me.
Nah, actually most guys don't anymore, unless they're gay.

A lot of it has to do with trying to avoid being labled as gay interestingly enough, but it's there regardless.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I compliment both sexes as they are; I think it's dumb when guys think other guys are "gay" just cuz they say some star looks hot...I mean, c'mon, some girls say other female stars are sexy and what not, why can't guys? I say that those guys who call you gay for saying some other dude looks "good", they're just jealous and insecure...but mostly jealous xP

Deception

Smash Ace
Minus that one girl, I've noticed that most females are fine with gay men. One of my female classmates stood up for her friend when another classmate insulted him for being gay.
He wasn't gay, but he fits some of the stereotypes.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
stereotypes sometimes have some truth to them and, for some utterly arbitrary reason, every gay kid I've come across at least dabbles in smash.
Everyone "dabbles" in Smash. It's a popular and mainstream Nintendo game. *shrug*

JLynn943

Smash Ace
NEVER move too far out to be with someone if u've never met them irl...
heh, that's exactly what my friend is trying to do this summer. his boyfriend lives somewhere in Florida and apparently wants my friend to live in Florida with him for the summer. they've been going out for a while I guess, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

Last year, that same friend and I went to Florida for spring break to visit a friend for the week. My friend's boyfriend lived about 40 minutes from where we were going, so he was planning on leaving us for a few days to stay with his boyfriend. After we got there though, I'm not totally sure what happened, but they got into an argument and never even saw eachother. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my guess is that one or the other chickened out (for lack of a better term). If that's the case, I don't know how this could turn out well.

On top of that, I'm fairly certain his parents have no idea what's going on. He only outed himself to us because he was going to be leaving us to stay with his boyfriend, so he kinda had to explain that to us. His parents know he wants to go to Florida for the summer to stay with a friend, but that's all.

Maybe I'm just being too much of a worrier, but I could see this going really badly for him and I don't want him to go through that. Obviously it's not my decision though...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So I just saw some guy who claimed that the reason homosexuality isn't natural because there's no 'gay country.'

I laughed and laughed. lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm not sure I EXPECT my parents to react incredibly badly, but I'm concious of the probability that they may, and that's enough for me.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
heh, that's exactly what my friend is trying to do this summer. his boyfriend lives somewhere in Florida and apparently wants my friend to live in Florida with him for the summer. they've been going out for a while I guess, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

Last year, that same friend and I went to Florida for spring break to visit a friend for the week. My friend's boyfriend lived about 40 minutes from where we were going, so he was planning on leaving us for a few days to stay with his boyfriend. After we got there though, I'm not totally sure what happened, but they got into an argument and never even saw eachother. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my guess is that one or the other chickened out (for lack of a better term). If that's the case, I don't know how this could turn out well.

On top of that, I'm fairly certain his parents have no idea what's going on. He only outed himself to us because he was going to be leaving us to stay with his boyfriend, so he kinda had to explain that to us. His parents know he wants to go to Florida for the summer to stay with a friend, but that's all.

Maybe I'm just being too much of a worrier, but I could see this going really badly for him and I don't want him to go through that. Obviously it's not my decision though...
Yeah...same thing happened to me once. It was not to long of a drive and it was under a perfect situation where both my parents wouldn't think I was "gone" for about a week. Although when the time came, he backed out and I was left guessing why. Eh~ I felt weird about it too but I was bawlsy enough to do it. But w/e..times long past, got the best atm =3

But yeah, he shouldn't take such a risk..if anything, you guys should go on a roadtrip in case anything happens, so you can make best of a bad situation and if not..you're in another state!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, apparently my parents don't care that I'm gay.
I swear my dad forgot or something... :ohwell:

So I recently finished dragging myself and my family though RENT the movie. I'm getting pretty tired of my little siblings mumbling "NASTY!" whenever one of the gay couples kiss.

>____>

I'll inform them about their older brother soon. I'm pretty curious about what a child's reaction to homosexuality is, hell, how I'll manage to bring it up to three 6-12-year-olds is beyond me.

How do you come out to little kids since you can't exactly "sit them down"? Help...?

Timbers

check me out
the 12 year old is probably old enough to actually comprehend a meager "I'm gay" comment. Will probably be tagged with a lot of "but why" but that's only expected of a preteen. No idea how you're suppose to tell a 6 year old though. Infact I'd just wait on it, because the only "love" they know is just what's shown in Disney fairytales and/or their mom and dad.

Not a child psychologist or anything so I'm obviously the wrong person to ask, just how I'd deal with it lol.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd really prefer not to wait, seeing as it's somewhat urgent.

I'm leaving to college soon and I've decided I need to ingrain "gay is okay" in them before I leave. I'm trying be their "good example."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So I just saw some guy who claimed that the reason homosexuality isn't natural because there's no 'gay country.'

I laughed and laughed. lol
That is actually pretty funny. Is he aware that gay isn't a race?

Meno, I'd give the 12-year-old a little more time and then maybe break the news (sounds like I'm killing Santa, I know) in a year or so. I remember I had kind of a "gays are icky" mentality for most of my preteen years, but then I seemed to kind of mature out of it quickly in my early teen years. If he (she?) isn't mature enough to figure it out around age 13 or 14, then he (again, she?) should at least be able to understand it when coming from you. That's just a guess though.

And if that works, then you at least have someone on your side while figuring out what to do about the younger critters.

EDIT: Meno, you freaking ninja.

If it's that urgent, then toss out my strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom