• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I was near Sonic's area when I as visiting a school in ohio so we had a visit (read: we played smash). He was worried about how he'd explain the random guy that came out of no where; he thought I might accidentally out him or something so I was on my best behaviour. I did end up meeting his friends and they're all cool people.

That about sums things up. Oh, I had to drive back home at 12am and it's a 4 hour drive from where he lives and where I live. My rooming plans for that night fell through at the last second; it was my fault but a 4 hours drive at midnight sucks no matter what.
speaking of, watchout for Jenna. She's determined to add you to some sort of "gay buddies" collection... that and would probably try to set you up with me :laugh: silly girl trying to get me in a relationship... she has good intentions though. Anyway, yeah, it was fun, but it'd have been more fun if we had more time and something more to do. Let me know if you think you'll be free again and in the area some other time. I'd be sure to try and get something together.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
finally out to everyone at my college... at least everyone I regularly talk to.

pretty sweet deal.
Congratulations.

If I were gay I would probably be out to a lot more people... but... no... XD For me when I come out to people they're going to always have to kind of change their view of me... and some have a hard time doing so.

I've made progress since I last posted in here, though. I'm sure. I'm out to a total of 12 people. Two in my family... It's a long story.

I kind of "re-came out" to my mom early in January. I told her that I was still having the feelings. She at first told me she was going to support me... but months have passed and little progress has been made at all. It's getting frustrating. I told her that I really wanted female pajama's, but she did not take the idea well at all and instead suggested that I should go with so-called "unisex" (they were actually men's. -_-) pajama bottoms instead.

That was the first sign to me that she isn't getting it. I'm so sick of being all unisex and everything! It's not me! If I'm truly going o be supported in this house I shouldn't have to be "unisex".

Since this she has not said a word about anything to me other than one time when I was complaining about my voice she was like "You need to learn to accept yourself." D:

So she is now driving me more insane than before. She doesn't get it at all, and there's nothing I can do to make her understand it. It's so frustrating.

The other family member was my sister... Probably the last person (Aside from her husband or grandpa_ I would tell. She caught on to things I had said on Facebook and My Space and somehow assumed that I was gay or bi... and I told her that that wasn't the case, after a while she finally guessed it and I couldn't lie to her.

The thing is she is really conservative and has said some mean things about transgendered people before, so I really had a red flag put up for her.. But so far she has provided more support than my mom. She even found a local group for transgendered people... It seems like she really wants to help me.

I haven't been to the group though. =/ No transportation. =(

[/long post]

Kind of an update of what's been going on lately... Related to me being transgendered that is.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
it really sounds like your mom doesn't get it Bass. i've come out to 2 people in the past 2 months, and im falling for the guy in my history class. >.>

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I have not done anything in the last past weeks except for doing psychology/metaphysical studies.
And trying to develope a new 'JKD' system, probably calling it Omnido.

Really, I never have anything to say about this stuff. I can really only encourage people and help them with there internal and external strife, though it is hard when you can't relate to the sensations.
Perhaps, I should do more studying...

At JigglyZelda003: Congragulations on your comming out, also, what is the guy in your history class like? Any details you mind sharing?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
:o a beard? wow... goin for the scruffy type eh?

by details though, I don't think he meant just physical details :chuckle:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i like lots of things so almost anything can take my fancy as long as its fitting the person. you know some guys try to rock a beard, but it just ain't working? his does, but i've seen some guys who look akward w/ the beard, but look nice clean shaven.

ooo even moar details, they physical ones are so easy to put though? i think i'll keep the rest to myself lol. but i will say hes a talky one.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
alas another imposible dream, just like the first one i fell for. the only difference is i can actually talk to this one. the first one had me speechless just being around him, lol.

while my gaydar tends to be bad, he didn't react our way when i mentioned the anime Vandred so.....yeah. but at least i can dream about him from the back of the classroom XD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
awwr. Well, until I find a boy of my own, I'll just cuddle with my besties... they are cool guys.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sonic your always cuddling w/ someone. :laugh:

how many besties do you have anyway?
at least a couple, three straight male besties. A couple female besties and a gay bestie. :)

And I'm a cuddle *****. I'm sooooooooo all about cuddling. Ask my friends.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
wish i had that many...or do i?

so is spring break coming up soon for anyone other than me?
It is for me.

I'm not really looking forward to it. I like the idea of sleeping in, of course, but I rarely manage to sleep in anymore anyways. It's really weird.

This morning I didn't have class so I thought I'd sleep in, I heard it was sleeting outside, and then it changed to snow.. There was no going back to sleep for me. =P

But yeah, Spring Break is just going to be boring. Hopefully I'll at least get to spend one of the days with my friends.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I worked in a lab doing research for bone/muscular cancer for a day and then another lab working on a new drug to treat schizophrenia. Um... a friend of mine spent the night at my place cause he got thrown out of his. That's as gay as it gets.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I once woke up and found strange man without pants on my couch. I was mildly tempted...alas, abuse just seemed so last century. I did feel bad about sending him home without pants though...

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Omg, congratulatory celebration for Sonic the Hedgedawg!! Wooh!! And long time no see Bassoonist. Hope your doing alright.

This place helped me embrace myself and my sexuality so I wanted to break news to you guys here. It's official. I have a boyfriend (on our 3rd month anniversary also - he's adorable). ^.^ My guy sent me a message this morning saying he "wanted to talk to me" and I was scared thinking... o no... what did I do. So I had butterflies in my stomach all day. A couple of hours ago, he told me really really liked me and if it be cool if we could turn our open relationship into boyfriend status. I really do like him as well and I couldn't pass on him, he's such an amazing person and I felt connected to him since the moment we met. So of course, I'm all tingly and jumping up and down and being all euphoric right now. I've never felt so happy in my life. He's my first ever "boyfriend" and I love this community here, even though I don't come by that often. I thank the community here, my fellow gays, lesbians, transgendered, and genderqueer friends, for ever since I started coming by here, I've become a more open and confident person. My self-esteem issues and insecurities are at a minimum and I'm living life to the fullest.

May you all do so too!! :D

*Staying on track, lol to Queen's story. Wowzers!! (Left speechless...) And I don't have spring vacation til the end of April. XP I wished though, I am in need of some dire sleep as well.

Timbers

check me out
so is spring break coming up soon for anyone other than me?
my spring break started last april and its stiilll...gooinggg!

>_>
I once woke up and found strange man without pants on my couch. I was mildly tempted...alas, abuse just seemed so last century. I did feel bad about sending him home without pants though...
who else was living with you at the time? lol
I went to Florida for the week.
eww florida cool beans, what'd you end up doin'?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
your so mean taku :(
eww florida cool beans, what'd you end up doin'?
mainly beaching which involved frisbee and sunbathing, and other junk. And then, when the weather didn't permit the beach. we went min-golfing, bowling, cards playing and eating at fancy places :laugh:

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Omg, congratulatory celebration for Sonic the Hedgedawg!! Wooh!! And long time no see Bassoonist. Hope your doing alright.

This place helped me embrace myself and my sexuality so I wanted to break news to you guys here. It's official. I have a boyfriend (on our 3rd month anniversary also - he's adorable). ^.^ My guy sent me a message this morning saying he "wanted to talk to me" and I was scared thinking... o no... what did I do. So I had butterflies in my stomach all day. A couple of hours ago, he told me really really liked me and if it be cool if we could turn our open relationship into boyfriend status. I really do like him as well and I couldn't pass on him, he's such an amazing person and I felt connected to him since the moment we met. So of course, I'm all tingly and jumping up and down and being all euphoric right now. I've never felt so happy in my life. He's my first ever "boyfriend" and I love this community here, even though I don't come by that often. I thank the community here, my fellow gays, lesbians, transgendered, and genderqueer friends, for ever since I started coming by here, I've become a more open and confident person. My self-esteem issues and insecurities are at a minimum and I'm living life to the fullest.

May you all do so too!! :D

*Staying on track, lol to Queen's story. Wowzers!! (Left speechless...) And I don't have spring vacation til the end of April. XP I wished though, I am in need of some dire sleep as well.
Very good for you, I hope that your relationship lasts for a long time!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So on Thursday I asked my mancandy if he wanted to grab dinner. He declined, stating that he'd rather go shopping for his swim suit for his impending vacation. Yesterday he asked me what I was doing, but I was working so we couldn't hang out. He said, "Boo, you *****" and I told him that I couldn't change my plans to his whims, and I asked "Shouldn't you be on a beach with your confederate, blinding innocent children with your paleness?" He said his trip got canceled because his friend died. FML.

Deception

Smash Ace
It sucks being the only person in my family who thinks gay people are as good as anyone else. The other day while we were watching Survivor my parents were insulting someone on the show for being gay. They were saying stuff like how he likes the same stuff as girls and how being gay is "unnatural".The guy they were insulting was the most average guy in the world, and he fits none of the stereotypes. He was a very competitive person, and was not effeminate at all, yet they treated him like another gay person. I really wanted facepalm right at that moment.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
It sucks being the only person in my family who thinks gay people are as good as anyone else. The other day while we were watching Survivor my parents were insulting someone on the show for being gay. They were saying stuff like how he likes the same stuff as girls and how being gay is "unnatural".The guy they were insulting was the most average guy in the world, and he fits none of the stereotypes. He was a very competitive person, and was not effeminate at all, yet they treated him like another gay person. I really wanted facepalm right at that moment.
sounds like your parents are blinder than a bat from that description of that guy.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well we had some guest priests come to our church in the past couple weeks. As much as I love the priests we regularly have, the gues priests seem to always want to push some sort of agenda. This past mass it was how, basically, Obama is morrally lacking because he supports stem cell research and how, if you support it too, you must be a bad Catholic. Last time, it was to uphold the sanctity of HETEROSEXUAL marriage.

My parents asked me what I thought about the whole thing and, when I told them honestly, they got mad. I mean dissapointed and shocked, though they shouldn't be:

Car Ride with dad:

Dad "It's just so... unnatural. There's no way you should put it on the same level as heterosexual marriage"
Me "Well, you can be assured that homosexuality is not a choice or practically no one would BE homosexual. After all, who wants to intentionally make their life harder on themselves. Therefore, it's decided outside of the individual's own will... so it's natural. People have been gay for millenia. Besides, it's not like allowing homosexual marriage is a cry to ask you to embrace the homosexual lifestyle, it's just a request not to oppress a minority who wants nothing more than to have the same opportunity at normality as the rest of the world."
Dad "But they aren't normal. It's insulting to heterosexual marriages to call something so disgusting 'marriage'"
Me "That's nothing but biggotry and ignorance dad. You know very well, even if you DON'T support homosexuality that allowing one group one thing does not mean you're taking away anything from the other group. Whether gays an marry or not, you still can. And you should also know from history and the Civil Rights movement that we CAN'T just call it something different. As soon as you differentiate two things in the law as different, they become separate. And if they are separate, they can become inherently unequal. "
Dad "Exactly. All they want is to abuse the legal system to take advantage of the rights that should be reserved for REAL marriages."
Me "It's only not a real marriage because you are blocking it from being a marriage. How can you legislate against love?"
Dad "WHAT!?! Kyle, let me ask you something: what does a marriage mean to you."
Me "It should mean that two people who love each other more than anything else in the world decide to take the next step and become united legally, normally living in the same house. It doesn't make a difference what the genders, races or socioeconomic statuses of the two people are."
Dad "now you're just being difficult...."

*arrive at location*

Deception

Smash Ace
well we had some guest priests come to our church in the past couple weeks. As much as I love the priests we regularly have, the gues priests seem to always want to push some sort of agenda. This past mass it was how, basically, Obama is morrally lacking because he supports stem cell research and how, if you support it too, you must be a bad Catholic. Last time, it was to uphold the sanctity of HETEROSEXUAL marriage.

My parents asked me what I thought about the whole thing and, when I told them honestly, they got mad. I mean dissapointed and shocked, though they shouldn't be:

Car Ride with dad:

Dad "It's just so... unnatural. There's no way you should put it on the same level as heterosexual marriage"
Me "Well, you can be assured that homosexuality is not a choice or practically no one would BE homosexual. After all, who wants to intentionally make their life harder on themselves. Therefore, it's decided outside of the individual's own will... so it's natural. People have been gay for millenia. Besides, it's not like allowing homosexual marriage is a cry to ask you to embrace the homosexual lifestyle, it's just a request not to oppress a minority who wants nothing more than to have the same opportunity at normality as the rest of the world."
Dad "But they aren't normal. It's insulting to heterosexual marriages to call something so disgusting 'marriage'"
Me "That's nothing but biggotry and ignorance dad. You know very well, even if you DON'T support homosexuality that allowing one group one thing does not mean you're taking away anything from the other group. Whether gays an marry or not, you still can. And you should also know from history and the Civil Rights movement that we CAN'T just call it something different. As soon as you differentiate two things in the law as different, they become separate. And if they are separate, they can become inherently unequal. "
Dad "Exactly. All they want is to abuse the legal system to take advantage of the rights that should be reserved for REAL marriages."
Me "It's only not a real marriage because you are blocking it from being a marriage. How can you legislate against love?"
Me "It should mean that two people who love each other more than anything else in the world decide to take the next step and become united legally, normally living in the same house. It doesn't make a difference what the genders, races or socioeconomic statuses of the two people are."

*arrive at location*
That's what I hate about anti-homosexual people. They think if gay marriage is allowed it will somehow lower their rights or the thing is too insulting to allow. The purpose of creating the United States was that we all have equal rights. Over 200 years after its creation we still can't get it right. Your parents should realize that, as should mine.

Smash Master
Does anyone know if they have data on what percentage of the population thinks they can spot a gay person just from looking at them or talking to them? I'm just curious and eager for more ammo about how uneducated the anti-gay agenda (majority of the population) is.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Does anyone know if they have data on what percentage of the population thinks they can spot a gay person just from looking at them or talking to them? I'm just curious and eager for more ammo about how uneducated the anti-gay agenda (majority of the population) is.
i wish i knew, cause other than other gays, many straight i've talked to who said they can spot a gay a mile away are going off stereotypes.

and lol Sonic you dad sounds almost like my mom.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace

Car Ride with dad:

*arrive at location*
I weep at the complete intolerance of some people...
When will everyone learn that oppressing the happiness and justice of another Human is still wrong?
I'm sorry that you had to sit in the car and listen to all of that crap. Hopefully, the world will see things in a clearer way.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This is a **** my life moment. Brought to you by bigotry.
at least the bigots seem to be having fun.

(<3 Taku)
i wish i knew, cause other than other gays, many straight i've talked to who said they can spot a gay a mile away are going off stereotypes.

and lol Sonic you dad sounds almost like my mom.
oh.... see... my mom is worse. She thinks that, and I quote "If [a gay man] doesn't know how to use [his *****] correctly, then he should have it cut off"

correctly, of course, means "not inside another guy"
I'm sorry that you had to sit in the car and listen to all of that crap. Hopefully, the world will see things in a clearer way.
just makes me more okay with my decision NOT to tell my family whilst I reside under their roof.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh.... see... my mom is worse. She thinks that, and I quote "If [a gay man] doesn't know how to use [his *****] correctly, then he should have it cut off"
correctly, of course, means "not inside another guy"
just makes me more okay with my decision NOT to tell my family whilst I reside under their roof.
wow your mom wins title of queen of mean, you poor guy. sometimes i wish the jesus figure would walk down and slap all those people like our parents, then simply say "No...".

hope you can move out fast, but do you think theirs any chance they'll do a 180 when/if you tell them?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
wow your mom wins title of queen of mean, you poor guy. sometimes i wish the jesus figure would walk down and slap all those people like our parents, then simply say "No...".

hope you can move out fast, but do you think theirs any chance they'll do a 180 when/if you tell them?
Actually, my mom is a really sweet and loving person.... she's just stupidly hateful of things she things violate "god's law" which I'm putting in quotes because God obviously didn't support this biggotry.

anyway. I can't move out for at least a few years... and it's not worth the risk to tell them. My friends might take me in.... but I don't want to impose that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom