• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Its just that we're supposed to close all general 'chat' threads. If this becomes one, I'll have to close it. Be careful, and don't dig your own grave.

You've been warned countless times. =/

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
this is hardly general chat. it's normally pretty focused chat about gay issues in our lives. there's normally a divergence or two, but if we don't talk about our OWN lives, then what can we talk about? :ohwell:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
"Merry Christmas, guys!"
"Hey guys I'm back!"
"Welcome back Red Wolf! :3"
"Hey, let's all post videos of ourselves!"
"Okaaay!"
"Happy New Year, everyone!"

...any more questions?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
"Merry Christmas, guys!"
"Hey guys I'm back!"
"Welcome back Red Wolf! :3"
"Hey, let's all post videos of ourselves!"
"Okaaay!"
"Happy New Year, everyone!"

...any more questions?
:laugh: point taken indeed. kick some *** Xsyven

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I do what I can. :)
THIS IS OFF TOPIC
/joking

So anyway, what were we discussing? Oh right, Tiger. Don't worry about your sexuality or whatever right now if you still have unsure doubts, I went through that for a while and eventually settled in where I felt comfortable.

and.... here it is. (off topic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia8rrDVI6-4
Dawgbowl Vid Blog #1

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Yeah I understand what you mean. I myself am an athlete and I know some pretty buff gaymen, and I know some pretty girlish straight men...I am not a fan of shopping or girlish men, I'd rather have them buff as well.

You can't blame me for looking to stereotypes though, they are MOSTLY true.... however they don't speak for the world I guess...
I'd argue that the stereotypes actually aren't mostly true. It's just the people who fit the stereotype are the most public about it. But that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to get on your case. Just throwing my two cents in.

I myself am bisexual but I am confused about my own desires/habits so I probably wont be able to pick up on other bi men/women....
Don't worry about it too much. I can't pick up on other gay men unless they tell me or they're flaming beyond reason.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I can normally pick out gays/bis with abnormal accuracy.

But yeah, stereotypes are not always true. Naturally, they are true to some extent, but only relevent to some people. That's how stereotypes are made: An observation of consistancy between a group of people. The thing about consistancy is it is information biased to precidents and actions or events that already have taken place, completely disregarding outliars, individual or independant results, and normally sampled from a controlled enviornment to manipulate the data in which is real and in which is not.

Stereotypes are unreliable, but make for good jokes to tell.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I can normally pick out gays/bis with abnormal accuracy.

But yeah, stereotypes are not always true. Naturally, they are true to some extent, but only relevent to some people. That's how stereotypes are made: An observation of consistancy between a group of people. The thing about consistancy is it is information biased to precidents and actions or events that already have taken place, completely disregarding outliars, individual or independant results, and normally sampled from a controlled enviornment to manipulate the data in which is real and in which is not.

Stereotypes are unreliable, but make for good jokes to tell.

Quoted for truth.

Sounds like you can write awesome explanations with abnormal accuracy also.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Oh, just to up date you all on my "coming out status": There are a few people who are trying to convince me I'm just confused or that if I were to be with a women I'd magically become straight. It's already starting to get old and I've only been out for a week now. I'm still glad I made the decision to come out to my parents. Since then they've done a less than stellar job of keeping it to themselves. My uncle asked about me because of some facebook group I joined "remember lawrence king (murdered because he was gay)". Anyway, my dad spazzed out and spilled the beans when he was just asked why I would join that group. I have made myself very clear to those I've come out to: they're on thin ice just as much as I am. I'm ready to end a relationship if they can't accept me the way I am. Sadly I've already broken contact with two people over this.

I make it sound worse than it is though. My sister ****ing loves me even more now. My parents are fine as long as no one mentions it. Hell, I'm just happier in general is spite of what other people are doing. Yeah I've had to make some hard decisions a bit faster than I wanted to. But whatever, I can actually look at myself in the mirror now.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Haha, sorry about that. I guess I'm just happy with how things are now so in spite of how bad other people seem to be, I'm doing fine. That's what really matters to me. For me it wasn't so much about what other people think as it is the peace of mind I got by coming out.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
Hey, well I am glad you were able to come out.

Upon coming out, there was a shift in people who considered me friends, and a shift in people I considered friends. It's a shame, but when you are honest with yourself and others about who you are, it begins to act as a filter to attract those who will like you for who you are, and a filter to catch those who would not.

Like any filter, it is not fool proof, but it is effective.

The more comfortable you are with yourself about yourself, it seems the more comfortable others in your group of friends or relatives are with you. Some mistake being comfortable for having 1000rainbow braceletts, 'I dont even think straight' t-shirts, and bringing up the fact that they are gay/bi to everyone who crosses their paths.

Society has its obvious flaws. For example: From the beginning of school to graduation, we are conditioned to 'Play The Game' and Fall into the standard template of habbits, norms, and agendas. Being either gay or bi when placed in an enviornment in which the majority of people are straight they may keep the fact to themselves, or feel negative towards the feelings. bi/Homosexuality then finds itself located 'outside the norm', among a society of people that have been taught to fall into the norm. Since most of the habbits of society are based around fear, and or the fear of being left out of something, which makes people uncomfortable with who they are.

if you need anyone to talk to about these things, ill be around --just away for the weekend

Quoted for truth.

Sounds like you can write awesome explanations with abnormal accuracy also.
I am abnormal in many trades.
Mostly negative ways, haha.

Just speaking from previous observations. : p

Smash Master
Wow, that's so true. Who posts enlightening things on an internet forum?

I like my fake friends who think I'm straight, though. They're rich/smart.

Smash Master
Yeah. I've only come out to three people. I'll probably never do it again (except when I'm looking for a romantic relationship.) There's no benefit. If they are annoying me trying to make me look at attractive women, then they will probably do much more than annoy me if I enlighten them. Nobody will ever be more accepting of gay me than straight me.

My mom is kind of dumb, but at least she hasn't thrown coffee tables at me. She keeps inviting me to watch Project Runway with her and gossip about Marth's attractiveness. I hate fashion. I'm a Software Engineering major. I don't wear light-colored clothes or jewelery of any kind, and I'd probably like Marth if I was straight :laugh:

She doesn't seem to grasp that stereotypes aren't absolute truths.

Edit: If I could find an "I don't even think straight" T-Shirt, I would definitely wear it and be out to everybody. That is ****ing hilarious. It would also act as an ice-breaker, because potential partners could approach me because they would be sure...

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I've come out only to people on smashboards...which doesn't really count. xD

And I couldn't agree with you more numbers....I am not a rainbow type of guy. I don't like gay bars because they are filled with feminine men. I am not overweight/a skinny pile of nothing who looks like hes 12. I am pretty well built and I played football in highschool. Heck I play lacrosse for my college. I hate fashion as well, along with overly dramatic shows/people. I can't watch romance films, they make me sick. I love going to pro football games and hanging out with the straight guys. I don't have a lisp and I go to the gym often...BUT I AM 100% Bisexual!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
lol yeah i don't reall wear rainbows either. and are gay bars really full of Fems? but i do like romance films

@ #'s
i'd wear that kind of T-shirt too for lols

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
You do main Peach, though.
Lol, with my real life friends I use Ike and when we play Soul Calibur I use Zasalamel, I get away with Setsuka too though(interchange between the 2).

Those are only my competative people... guess I'm a little different on the inside.

However I know a few straight men that main female videogame characters... that really isn't much of a stereotype...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
for some reason, when I read the stuff on this thread it makes me laugh in a good way, like how moms only think about stereotypes and stuff, idk it's just funny.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
just peach cause of Kens theory. also i think people enjoy when i **** them with Ivy. lol
are we SC4 players on Xbox live? if so my Tira would like a word with you. "here kitty kitty..."

I don't think "Maining" someone really reflects alot, at least not for me. I mained Hwang/Yun-seong up til 4, now Tira. Ness/Roy/Lucas for smash (by game). Anji-Mito in GG. Yang in 3rd strike. K' Kensou Kula in KoF (primarily). Rock Howard in every game he's in... lets face it, he's dreamy.

I'm also another that isn't total pride overload/gay bar person... at least not yet. My friend is trying to get me to some bars/clubs in the upcoming semester so we'll see.

Smash Master
Sorry for getting us off on the general chat tangent again. So, what's there to discuss. We can't talk about our only natural enemy (which has seized about 80% of the US population.) If we can't talk about why certain issues arise, I guess the only thing left is how to minimalize the ramifications.

Does anyone care about the difference between calling your partnership a civil union vs. a marriage? I couldn't care less as long as I get the same state and federal benefits as a traditional married couple. Do you think any of the anti-gay people care if we have the same state and federal rights as their partnership?

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I agree, as long as we get the same benefits as straight married couples, they can call it whatever they want.

Smash Master
I know the people in Florida don't want me visiting anyone in a hospital, but Florida is ********.

Also, Zelos > Lloyd

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
are we SC4 players on Xbox live? if so my Tira would like a word with you. "here kitty kitty..." (enters gloomy mode)
Tira is so much fun too, although Sophie captured my SC fav heart from SC2 (After her comes Ivy and Setsuka) and no i don't have live yet, i'll PM you when i get it.

I agree, as long as we get the same benefits as straight married couples, they can call it whatever they want.
i agree here. besides we can always casll it married at home.

also Regal > Luke/ash > Kratos > Yuri > Emil(non ratatosk)> Lloyd> Zelos > Senel

Takumaru

Smash Lord
New topic: How many general chat infractions can we have in this topic before Xsyven or Azua closes it?
Haha, just kidding.

Real Topic: I forgot to mention something earlier. My mother's job might be on the line if certain people find out about my sexuality. However there are other parties that work at the same place that I want to tell because they've been there for me through a lot of the **** I've had to deal with. My worry is that they might discuss it without thinking about it and the wrong people might over hear the conversation. I can't decide what I should do in this situation. I want to tell them but I don't want to risk putting my mother's job in question. By the way, she's an educational therapist at the school I graduated high school from.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If she gets fired for having a homosexual son, then sue and make tonsa moneys. It's illegal to fire someone over sexual preference.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If she gets fired for having a homosexual son, then sue and make tonsa moneys. It's illegal to fire someone over sexual preference.
I have NO personal experience with anything like this, but it seems to me that this would be something that the school could BS out of pretty easily. If they're sneaky.

Mother: You fired me because my son is gay!
School: No, we laid you off, because... uh... ECONOMY ECONOMY ECONOMY!
Mother: Blast!

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Tira is so much fun too, although Sophie captured my SC fav heart from SC2 (After her comes Ivy and Setsuka) and no i don't have live yet, i'll PM you when i get it.

i agree here. besides we can always casll it married at home.
1. Yeah, with Sopithitia's twin angel steep, and the freaking running attack, she's godly.
Though I play Talim, Sophitia, Yun-seong, Xianghua, and of course Valdo. (In that order)

2.(Finally on topic). I believe that as long as the couple has the same rights and has an equal prospect as non-gay couples, it really shouldn't matter. However, it would nice to be less of an ******* and let the freaking couple be called an actual 'marriage' in stead of the whole 'civil union'.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@taku
like Xysven said, sue for tons of money. they can't make the economy excuse all the time. especially if it was just a random out of the blue firing after they found out she had a gay son.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
New topic: How many general chat infractions can we have in this topic before Xsyven or Azua closes it?
Haha, just kidding.

Real Topic: I forgot to mention something earlier. My mother's job might be on the line if certain people find out about my sexuality. However there are other parties that work at the same place that I want to tell because they've been there for me through a lot of the **** I've had to deal with. My worry is that they might discuss it without thinking about it and the wrong people might over hear the conversation. I can't decide what I should do in this situation. I want to tell them but I don't want to risk putting my mother's job in question. By the way, she's an educational therapist at the school I graduated high school from.
That's illegal they cannot fire your mom without proper infractions. Race, sexuality, ect, ect.
And especially not if her son/daughter is the like.

Smash Master
Don't come out.

Cost>>>>>Benefit

If you're too weak to suck up the hate by yourself, get a non-coworker to befriend you.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
This is really the one thing you have to remember, even if your mom is a catholic priest that doesn't give someone the right to fire her because of you. I mean, I guess it might be different in your case but I wouldn't think much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom