• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
They're still saying that argument because someone told them it was.
That someone was just their God.
or at least so they say. I along with many other christians can't believe a god of love would ever say such things.

it seems a lot easier to just pin that on cheuvanistic and anti-diversity religious leaders throughout history.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hey, names Jake.
Hello Luigi. :bee:

Well, I've always known of the existence of asexuals, never actually meet one. So hi and welcome to our humble thread! You're as welcome here as anyone would ever be.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Hello Luigi. :bee:

Well, I've always known of the existence of asexuals, never actually meet one. So hi and welcome to our humble thread! You're as welcome here as anyone would ever be.
Luigi?
I'm confused. I am glad that it is a friendly thread.

In Connecticut the avalibility to has a same sex marriage has been put to act not so long ago.
Some more background is that I am a member of the GSA and have made various articles in newpapers of human rights, Philosophy, and Theoretical Psychology. I am for Abortion while the egg is only a Zygote.
I also have one gay friend. My Brother is Bi, and yeah that basically covers it...

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Just a quick question.

If a Female likes other Females, but she then gets a sex change to be a male. Is she still a Lesbian?

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
On a philosophical/psychological note.

Those that are Gay, Trans, ASexual. On a level, we are mistakes and abnormalities.
How so is that in sexual nature, the point of being attracted to a mate is to reproduce and give offspring to keep the species alive. However, Those that cannot reproduce with each other fail to follow this pattern and in all we do not benifit the production of life.
Although this is true it doesn't mean that we as what we are, are bad, but rather we are different in nature. Our actions and feelings differ from those that are (in nature) 'Right'( Right as in can produce offspring and grow children).

Just because we are mistakes or the psyche is abnormal, do not mean that we are not right, it just means that we are not 'Right'(In nature terms), but we are simply Left.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks. I just wanted to know the correct mental sexuality so just in case I don't offend anyone.

bored

Smash Ace
Just a quick question.

If a Female likes other Females, but she then gets a sex change to be a male. Is she still a Lesbian?
Yes. You can't change your gender. Period. No matter how much cosmetic surgery you get.

I never understood why people get 'sex' change operations. I would be okay if my son/daughter was gay/lesbian. But something like I just don't agree with.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
To: Ethan-whatever the rest is, sorry!!-

It's not illegal. Unless you live anywhere besides a "Western" country. which I doubt.

And besides. She sounds like a self-righteous, unloving B****!! Like my mom!! We should start a club!!

But you know what? At the end of the day, if she doesn't love you for who you are, then she doesn't really love you. And someone else will have to fill that role.

My mom?? Like I said; Total B****... But my best friend's mom is a godless liberal heathen, and so she's one of the 5 people who know who I really am, and she's more of a mom to me than anyone.

Find a friend like that. Everyone needs one.

And btw? SUPPORT HUG OF FRIENDSHIP!!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*gets out big stuffy book of pedantics*

Sex: defines physiological dichotomy: male or female, XX, XY
you can have surgery to change this. it's all what bits of equipment you've got

Gender: defines psychological identy: man or woman, masculine or feminine
surgery never changes this. you're born this way. people who have sex changes claim that they were ALWAYS really that way to begin with.

simple example. a child is born with an XY genotype. She feels can't help but feel that she's a woman despite the physical appearance so, later in life, gets a sex change opperation.

male sex with a female gender turns into female sex and female gender. it's quite simple really. you can't change your gender, so all you can do is change sex to match it.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
On another note: do we have a social group? I'll make one otherwise.

EDIT:

Lol, I suck. I need to do more research in the future... =]

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
OP meaning...? I'm lost... I hate all these smart people words tossed about.

But anyways, how is everyone doing? Any thanksgiving/christmas/hanukkah/festivus fun going on?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
OP = Original Post = First post.

And as for Thanksgiving, I'm having a boring Thanksgiving with the family at Grandma's. Luckily, my family decided that Grandma is going to die thinking I'm straight. So no one will bring anything up. :D

The weekend after Thanksgiving, I'm having a second dinner with all of my friends. With lots of illegal substances. Etc. Can't talk about that stuff, though. :p

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Me? going to the warzone basically. My extended family always has these dinners in PA, and basically everyone there is convinced homosexuality is the most horrific thing ever, a choice, a sin, and that all of them should rot in hell.

Still haven't decided how/if/when I want to blow the party, and it isn't that I care what they think (I would have come out by now to all them) but my mom who even though still deny's it would feel probably like such an outcast to her cousins and brothers. So I guess i'm not doing it for the sake of her feelings, how noble of me >_>

should be pretty boring as usual but the grubs pretty good. (though I've decided to really try even harder to get in shape/be healthy/fit/ect)

Oatmeal is a healthy breakfeast option right? or is there something better that's simple to make? (Cereal is what i'm eating, and no none of them are remotely healthy)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oatmeal is fine. better than what I do when I have time :chuckle: bacon, egg and toast.

thanksgiving's gonna be same old same old for me. Good food, FFF (forced family fun) and answering the same set of questions about college and my relationship status over and over. I normally eschew those questions though. "Are there any girls at college Kyle?" "why yes.. about half the class are girls" "No, I mean SPECIAL girls" "well we're not a special needs college but there IS this one girl who seems a bit off and..." that normally gets them to realize I'm not about to answer that question. I hope they never ask if there are special guys, even as a joke, because the noise of me choking on my biscuit or whatever I may be eating at the time would probably give me away :laugh:

As for other plans this week, I'm getting my big mop cut. I really HAVE let it get too long.
see pic if you are curious as to HOW long it is. most of you should remember how my hair used to look. short.

Pic (appologies for fuzzines and tiredness... I hated last week of finals don't give me crap. I was drained and beaten)

I'm also going to be spending some quality time at the DMV (I think some places call it the BMV) so that I can get my NEW DRIVERS LICENSE BECAUSE I'LL BE 21 IN A FEW WEEKS! believe it or not, this is the most exciting about turning 21 to me :chuckle: I still haven't decided: long hair or short for the picture on my licnese for the next 5 years.

aaaaaand I'll be getting some a filling replaced and a wisdom tooth filled (I told that prick I was KEEPING all 4 of my wisdom teeth whether he likes it or not.... the shyster!)

and I guess some quality time with the family, immediate and extended. nice to have a break after this hellish semester at college.

bored

Smash Ace
Thanksgiving is always a drag. My family isn't that close, and the fact that my uncle is dying is only going to make this one more awkward. So a lot of times I find myself and the only cousin I actually consider myself close to, end up sitting at the bar most of the time. My mom and dad will just tell me to try and be friendly to everyone, but they still talk to me like a little kid, which annoys me. Food is nothing to get excited about. But I don't eat much anyway, so thats nothing to worry about. Sounds like a blast.

Smash Master
Yes. You can't change your gender. Period. No matter how much cosmetic surgery you get.

I never understood why people get 'sex' change operations. I would be okay if my son/daughter was gay/lesbian. But something like I just don't agree with.
Wow, just wow. You aren't allowed to be intolerant, okay. If someone wants to do something, and they aren't hurting anyone by doing it, then we should let them.

Anyway, I'm staying at college for Thanksgiving. I think holidays are stupid.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I always thought Hedgedawg was like, 18. >_>
I always thought he was like 16, then again I'm 19 and look like a 12 year old :ohwell:
why would you guys think that?:laugh:

I mean I know I look like a 17 year old, but, really, I think I make it abundantly clear that I'm not anytime I talk about my social life. in fact, I thought I made it a point to say that I look so young for my age :chuckle:

well, whatever. I'm not; I'm essentially a 21 year old despite what it may look like. and now you know :laugh:

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Wow...been a while since I posted here....
-_-'
I feel really left out now...
A-anyways...

I'm furious at America now. The whole Amendment 8 thing......I had to go and vote for that stupid thing, and people were outside waving rainbow flags, but, get this, they were burning them instead of supporting. Yeah. I feel loved now.But...something happened, though, my Boyfriend(yeah, we got back together, if anyone remembers.) grabbed my hand and kissed me in front of them...one yelled out "Mariconson!"which means: "Full-Fledged ***" in spanish,but...I enjoyed it.

I voted No on amendment 8...but whatever, right?

You guys HAVE heard of it, right? Cause there's been TONS of gay pride parades for people to vote No on it.
*is daydreaming again*
On another note...I'm going to Kentucky for Thanksgiving to see my boyfriend's granny.By car. With his Mumsy.(who adores me cause I'm supposedly 'the shopping buddy' she never had.)
:3

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
my thanksgiving is pretty much the same. mom slaves in the kitchen all day cooking, family comes over, we eat, they chat, i play games, they leave, onto next day. lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Wow...been a while since I posted here....
-_-'
I feel really left out now...
A-anyways...

I'm furious at America now. The whole Amendment 8 thing......I had to go and vote for that stupid thing, and people were outside waving rainbow flags, but, get this, they were burning them instead of supporting. Yeah. I feel loved now.But...something happened, though, my Boyfriend(yeah, we got back together, if anyone remembers.) grabbed my hand and kissed me in front of them...one yelled out "Mariconson!"which means: "Full-Fledged ***" in spanish,but...I enjoyed it.

I voted No on amendment 8...but whatever, right?

You guys HAVE heard of it, right? Cause there's been TONS of gay pride parades for people to vote No on it.
*is daydreaming again*
On another note...I'm going to Kentucky for Thanksgiving to see my boyfriend's granny.By car. With his Mumsy.(who adores me cause I'm supposedly 'the shopping buddy' she never had.)
:3
ummm....... you live in florida.... which means that you couldn't have voted on california's proposition 8. which delt with gay marriage. Florida's amendment 8 dealt with community college funding through sales taxes.

so, in short, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about... whatever investment your local LGBT groups have in community colleges and/or sales taxes must be pretty dang extreme :chuckle: and the antigay groups must have the same fervor on the issue

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
ummm....... you live in florida.... which means that you couldn't have voted on california's proposition 8. which delt with gay marriage. Florida's amendment 8 dealt with community college funding through sales taxes.

so, in short, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about... whatever investment your local LGBT groups have in community colleges and/or sales taxes must be pretty dang extreme :chuckle: and the antigay groups must have the same fervor on the issue
Actually, my BF's mom works with the state, and it was a two-sided thing with the antigay groups and the legislation of Florida.

See what kind of government this world has?

Oh. Computers said it was for or against gay marriage, and there were...um...PICTURES....that were pretty cold-hearted....and...I'm mad, because they kept on saying on TV that 'Gay marriages are against family living', also, we have a law that gay people can't adopt.Wonderful Idea.

I wonder what'll happen with this whole thing...if you think about it...didn't this same sort of thing happen with Blacks in the 40s?

History DOES repeat itself!
*is enlightened*
:p

Smash Master
Florida had a proposition 2 which made civil benefits exclusive to married couples. Basically it made sure homosexuals can't collect social security or visit their life partmers in a hospital. It passed pretty convincingly.

People are evil, and I wish most of them were dead.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Florida had a proposition 2 which made civil benefits exclusive to married couples. Basically it made sure homosexuals can't collect social security or visit their life partmers in a hospital. It passed pretty convincingly. .
it did? talk about cruelty, some people need a lesson in humility cause thats just low.

People are evil, and I wish most of them were dead
don't we all lol. but then the world would slow down a bit.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
So true... The majority of people are total douchebags.

For Thanksgiving, I will be the only liberal in a room full of hot-blooded conservatives, my brother, and my cousin's two roommates who are both from South Korea, and therefore don't care about US politics.

I'm gonna hate eating there...

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, Xsyven...

And nice title, btw. Very funny, if a bit darkly sarcastic.

I do have something to tell you all, so this'll be fun.

I just got outed, thanks to me leaving my browser open when I went to work last night. My parents found it and went utterly ballistic. I left the house of my own free will (I do have money saved up for these things) and went to my friend's house (the one with the uber-liberal mother). I usually have a great emotional facade, but I started crying every drop of moisture out of my body. She said that she couldn't keep me there for now, but she did know a fellow teacher over at UWM (university of wisconsin; milwaukee). She was on the phone with this guy for maybe 10 minutes, then told me that I would be staying at his house (close to campus). I got in, thanked the guy, and his son came down to help me get my things upstairs into the guest bedroom. The guy's son? He's the kid at school who I had been crushing on since forever.

Crazy world, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom