• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sorry, Xsyven...

And nice title, btw. Very funny, if a bit darkly sarcastic.

I do have something to tell you all, so this'll be fun.

I just got outed, thanks to me leaving my browser open when I went to work last night. My parents found it and went utterly ballistic. I left the house of my own free will (I do have money saved up for these things) and went to my friend's house (the one with the uber-liberal mother). I usually have a great emotional facade, but I started crying every drop of moisture out of my body. She said that she couldn't keep me there for now, but she did know a fellow teacher over at UWM (university of wisconsin; milwaukee). She was on the phone with this guy for maybe 10 minutes, then told me that I would be staying at his house (close to campus). I got in, thanked the guy, and his son came down to help me get my things upstairs into the guest bedroom. The guy's son? He's the kid at school who I had been crushing on since forever.

Crazy world, man.
Awesome. :)

Not to sound insensitive, but my mom found out and confronted me too. So yeah, it wasn't my choice to let her know when it happened. It only made me stronger, and I'm sure it'll do the same with you. Have fun, dude. You're free.

Smash Master
No more gays + government, please. =/
Forgive my impudence, but I'm kind of lost on the point of this thread. My first impression was that this is a support thread for LBGTs facing discrimination. If we aren't allowed to talk about these issues, how can we support each other? You struck down religion, too, remember?

Edit: just read the first post: Is it rally just sbout helping people about to come out of the closet? If so, then I think most of s have been doing it wrong.

I think we need a support thread for LBGTs facing discrimination, though. Seriously, its hard for people to deal with alone.

bored

Smash Ace
Sorry, Xsyven...

I just got outed, thanks to me leaving my browser open when I went to work last night. My parents found it and went utterly ballistic. I left the house of my own free will (I do have money saved up for these things) and went to my friend's house (the one with the uber-liberal mother). I usually have a great emotional facade, but I started crying every drop of moisture out of my body. She said that she couldn't keep me there for now, but she did know a fellow teacher over at UWM (university of wisconsin; milwaukee). She was on the phone with this guy for maybe 10 minutes, then told me that I would be staying at his house (close to campus). I got in, thanked the guy, and his son came down to help me get my things upstairs into the guest bedroom. The guy's son? He's the kid at school who I had been crushing on since forever.

Crazy world, man.
Oh, dude thats crazy. I make sure everything is clear from my browser before I do anything. Oh well, at least the hard part is over. :)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

Not to sound insensitive, but my mom found out and confronted me too. So yeah, it wasn't my choice to let her know when it happened. It only made me stronger, and I'm sure it'll do the same with you. Have fun, dude. You're free.
Why can't something like this happen to me...

We had therapy again today. I swear, I can't take this anymore, Xsy, I'm going to lose it...

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Sorry, Xsyven...

Crazy world, man.
wow, im sorry but at the same time like what's been said you are free!! we are here for you!!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Forgive my impudence, but I'm kind of lost on the point of this thread. My first impression was that this is a support thread for LBGTs facing discrimination. If we aren't allowed to talk about these issues, how can we support each other? You struck down religion, too, remember?

Edit: just read the first post: Is it rally just sbout helping people about to come out of the closet? If so, then I think most of s have been doing it wrong.

I think we need a support thread for LBGTs facing discrimination, though. Seriously, its hard for people to deal with alone.
The point of this thread is to help each other out. All political debates, for or against, are meant for the debate hall. Religion is just a sensitive subject that no one will ever agree on, and its not worth talking about. Ever.

If you don't like the fact that I generally like a peaceful thread, please forgive me.

Why can't something like this happen to me...

We had therapy again today. I swear, I can't take this anymore, Xsy, I'm going to lose it...
It sucks, but you'll get through it. You're still in the main swing of things-- once it cools off, you'll have a better understanding of the world. Trust me. You're young. Things will slow down.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
more like the shrink needs to be fired.[/
This is precisely the reason why I 'fired' my therapist.

My mother was a liar and a shrew. She's not going to let me tell my side of the story if it happened to make her look like that.
It made my home life even worse, because now there was a witness!

Fortunately, we found out that it wasn't just menopause making her crazy and now she's on medication.

Would've been nice to know when I was growing up, though.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

Crazy world, man.
Strangely that situation doesn't sound that bad, I'd be quite pleased if that happened to me. How do you feel about it though?

I always thought he was like 16, then again I'm 19 and look like a 12 year old :ohwell:
You're 19?!?

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I'm 14. And the situation isn't necessarily dream-come-true. I have decided to not pursue him, mostly because he's straight (i think), but also because any sort of relationship drama would totally eff up my current living arrangements. But he makes great waffles. Like every morning. So it's not totally bad.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice

I know!! It's great!! and sorry about the double post... whoopsies!!

But freedom feels good. I don't have to worry about impressing anyone aside from my new parents, and they really don't care about me so long as I don't make a mess, cook dinner at least once a week (my new 'dad' is culinarily challenged), and do my homework/other stuff. It's like a normal family, but better, because it's not my family.

-menounderwater-
"Wow. I'm sorry but congratulations...? I'm not sure what to say. It wasn't this thread was it?"

It was, sorry to say. But whatever. I'd rather I'd not been found out, but guess what?? I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE!!! It feels so good, honestly.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Holy crap, 14? Now I just feel awkward.

Not saying its a bad thing, its just that it changed everything. When you said "campus", I automatically assumed college.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I'm LIVING by a college campus, not going there. And sorry I'm a tad pedantic and such, but it makes most 10 year olds on every other forum not talk to me. It hurts their brains.

But yes, Ich bin vierzehn jahre alt.

Sorry if it didn't seem that way.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
What, a 14 can't have family drama?

And besides, physical age is bull. It should be about mental age (like intelligence).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
more about emotional age and how developed you are in maturity. Intelligent people can still be children and dumb people adults.

physical age and intelligence may tend to follow suit there, but they aren't absolute markers

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You crazy *******s aren't supposed to come out of the closet until you're 19 like the rest of us. :mad:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's by far the stupidest thing I ever heard in this thread.

Take them, Ethan.
I was thirsty so I bought a monkey with tonail clippings and named him ooooglefooglejungledorf because he smelled like a symphony

^now that's the stupidest hing you've heard in this thread.

*shurgs* In pharmacy, I see antidepressents being highly overprescribed, but if you are clinically depressed, they work. just make sure you take them regularly. those need to be taken on a regualr schedule gaps in treatment are not a good idea when you are having your brain messed with.

just, be sure people are keeping an eye on you for mood shifts.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
everyone should just post their age so we can stop assuming >_>
17. :bee:
Birthday in May.

It was, sorry to say. But whatever. I'd rather I'd not been found out, but guess what?? I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE!!! It feels so good, honestly.
I'm glad you're at least getting something positive out of this so soon. Enjoy the waffles. :bee:

They gave me anti-depressants.

Cymbalta or something.
How assertive would you say you are Ethan?

By this time, and if I were in your position, I would be throwing things. It sounds like your surrounded by idiots...

OH! Throw Cymbalta at them!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've had thoughts of suicide. That's why I have a therapist.
Do you guys have any other reason as to why he should throw away his antidepressants? Put your ****in' MD's away. He's clearly depressed, and he clearly needs them.

I know you're just trying to be nice, but telling him to throw away his mental health is no way of doing that.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
That's by far the stupidest thing I ever heard in this thread.

Take them, Ethan.
sarcasm ftw on my part. you do realize i was only joking about tossing them correct?:bee:

I was thirsty so I bought a monkey with tonail clippings and named him ooooglefooglejungledorf because he smelled like a symphony

^now that's the stupidest hing you've heard in this thread.
wins stupidest thing

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Do you guys have any other reason as to why he should throw away his antidepressants? Put your ****in' MD's away. He's clearly depressed, and he clearly needs them.

I know you're just trying to be nice, but telling him to throw away his mental health is no way of doing that.
in all honesty I had thoughts of suicide back when. luckily I made it through without help because I didn't have a physical problem causing such thoughts, just what I interpereted as a depressing situation to be stuck in.

Honestly though, none of you have had ethan in therapy. It's possible antidepressents aren't the right answer and an even smaller chance they may be harmful, but the therapist HAS talked to ethan and has ethan's best interests at heart.

I'm sure ethan's family is aware about what it means to take antidepressents and will monitor and keep track of his emotional status so that if the drugs aren't working for him then they'll take him off.

oh and that's another thing, some antidepressents don't even kick in for months, so don't get disheartened if they don't work right away chum. if it's the right answer it's the right answer. listen to those who know you better, not online buddies

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

I told him to throw them at them. Not away. He could still take them after he flings them.

But I suppose you're right, we are in no place to tell him whether or not to take them. But I don't feel right, after hearing what's been going on, to "Yes, do exactly what the nice people tell you." :ohwell:

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I haven't been keeping up on this thread(I pop in to read from time to time), but I had to make comment about taking anti-depressants, as I've known someone who has taken them before. My ex used to, because he was bipolar. He took them for a good portion of our relationship, but stopped(for reasons I've never known. Maybe he didn't want to rely on them). Let me just say the difference was not good, and was part of the reason our relationship ended. The pills made a huge, positive difference.

If you trust your psychologist, Ethan, and you yourself feel like pills may help, then take them.

PS. Joking to someone who's depressed and telling them to toss their pills is a bad idea. You can't always tell what's a joke online, and even if you can tell, it can still have an influence. Taking anti-depressants is a really difficult thing for some people to do.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
PS. Joking to someone who's depressed and telling them to toss their pills is a bad idea. You can't always tell what's a joke online, and even if you can tell, it can still have an influence. Taking anti-depressants is a really difficult thing for some people to do.
yes yes i know. im sorry ethan, i hope you didnt take that post seriously. the point was to make him laugh i really didn't want to cause any harm. *puts joking persona back in box*

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Guys, stop arguing.

Okay, Xsy, I will...but can I talk to you when...I feel "down"? I always feel down.

And guys, don't think I'm crazy or something, I'm not...

I'm just scared. I don't want my brain messed with and affecting my actions...and the side effects...I'm really ****ing freaked.

My mom still won't accept me, my dad doesn't contact me anymore, I'm failing 4 classes in school due to ADHD...I guess. I have the symptoms. Ann said that. (She's my medi-therapist.) My grandma is dying, my family thinks I'm sick, kids at school have TORTURED ME since KINDERGARDEN. I'm serious. I used to fear going to school.

I am really suprised at my perserverance to live.

Smash Master
Okay, I know everyone hates when I post, but:

You should seriously consider having your brain messed with. You're already feeling about as low as it gets. The antidepressants can only make you happier. Even if the person you become doesn't have the same attributes, that person is still happier than you would have been, correct? Isn't your goal to be happy.

Your mom isn't going to change. I hope you don't love her. I hope you're angry that she bestowed half of her worthless genes onto you and made you work so hard to fix the habits they produced. I hope you wear white to her funeral. Trying to get her to change will make you miserable. She won't. It's better to laugh at her intolerant anguish.

You don't have ADHD. You're failing because you are miserable and school is the last thing on your mind. My therapist told me the same thing. It happens all the time. On the one hand; it isn't a big deal. You can make up the lost years. On the other hand, people who go through more schooling tend to have higher incomes, and it's usually better to start working early, especially in your case since I wouldn't expect too much support. If money means a lot to you, then you need to use that as motivation. I know it isn't fair, and your life is much worse than all the other straight people, but its worth it. Besides, if you "make it" then you can flaunt your money at your mom when she's old while putting her in the crappiest, most abusive retirement home you can find.

That sucks about your dad. Do you know how he feels about it? Sounds like you need a heart to heart with him. Life will be easier to deal with if you have at least one ally who can feed and shelter you.

How old is your grandma? I know death is sad, but if she's had a fulfulling life, then you should be content with her passing. Nobody wants to live forever.

What do you mean by sick? If you mean abnormal, then I hate to tell ya', but we're all sick here (even ZeroFox :)) If you mean diseased, that's preposterous. If you mean mentally ill, have the therapist convince your mom it isn't a choice. I'm sure she's seen a number of cases. I guess we're in the same boat there. I'll never understand why people think being gay imposes negative externalities on others, or, if they acknowledge that it doesn't, why they have a problem with it, but I guess our logic falls on deaf ears.

I'm a fat gay atheist who liked yu-gi-oh; I know all about being tortured and teased at school. Make it to college. All the teasing and picking fights went away after that for me.

Keep it up; you need to live because I can tell you aren't worthless, and even though you won't reproduce, you will make the world a better place by existing, and trust me, I don't say that about everyone. Actually I'd say that only applies to about 1/3 of the people I know.

Wow, that's the longest post I've ever made.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Okay, I know everyone hates when I post, but:
I didn't but now I do

You should seriously consider having your brain messed with. You're already feeling about as low as it gets. The antidepressants can only make you happier. Even if the person you become doesn't have the same attributes, that person is still happier than you would have been, correct? Isn't your goal to be happy.
you obviously don't understand the pharmocology if antidepressents. I'm not saying whether it's a good or a bad idea to take them because I don't know enough about his case, but the side effects are very real fears and the pills DON'T always make you feel better. especially if your depression is situational and not clinical.

Your mom isn't going to change. I hope you don't love her. I hope you're angry that she bestowed half of her worthless genes onto you and made you work so hard to fix the habits they produced. I hope you wear white to her funeral. Trying to get her to change will make you miserable. She won't. It's better to laugh at her intolerant anguish.
responding to intolerance and ignorance with hatred and bitterness is bad. Read a children's book once in a while and tell me where the moral is "hate those who don't understand you" His mother is ultimately still his mother. I hope he finds a way to keep loving her and she finds a way to accept him for who he is. somehow that seems infinitely preferable to dancing on her grave.

You don't have ADHD. You're failing because you are miserable and school is the last thing on your mind. My therapist told me the same thing. It happens all the time. On the one hand; it isn't a big deal. You can make up the lost years. On the other hand, people who go through more schooling tend to have higher incomes, and it's usually better to start working early, especially in your case since I wouldn't expect too much support. If money means a lot to you, then you need to use that as motivation. I know it isn't fair, and your life is much worse than all the other straight people, but its worth it. Besides, if you "make it" then you can flaunt your money at your mom when she's old while putting her in the crappiest, most abusive retirement home you can find.
please show me your PhD. oh wait. you don't have one? well are you at least in school to become a doctor? oh... not that either? well then you must at least have some strong base in medicine. oh wait? still a no? then keep your mouth shut. ADHD is a now heavily overdiagnosed disease so maybe Ethan doesn't really have it. but how the hell would you know? do you know him personally on a level satisfactory for such a diagnosis? no. And then you are supporting that he fail or drop out so he can flaunt it because he's risen through diversity? Are you serious? Ethan ignore everything this rockhead is saying. do what you think you need to to make it in this world., you need an advocate who understands you. I hope your therapist is that person.

I don't come onto SWF wanting to physically beat sense into a fat homosexual atheist who enjoys yu-gi-oh. but OMFG Ethan is in a vulnerable state and you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. it's not just that you aren't being helpful. it's that you are being harmful. following your advice will lead to bad outcomes and can't possibly cheer him up. I'm not claiming any of us really fully appreciate his circumstances, but you seem to be giving advice that an emotionally ******** (can't think of any other way to express the faillure of emotional growth even though I'm well aware people instantly associate *********** with mental ***********) 6th grader would be giving. you are not the sort of person who should be giving advice. we'll just leave that there.

Ethan. as for the drugs listen, I don't know your case so I can't tell you more than general information about them. They do stuff. I know that sounds quite elementary but it's the best way I can say what I want. they do things. unless you have a strange genetic mutation, which isn't impossible, which renders you immune to the drug, taking it WILL alter your mental self. By the drug's very design it will very likely eliminate the chemical source of your depression if that's where the depression is coming from. and you'll be a slightly different person. I know my best friend just soldiered through his depression because he was afraid of becoming someone he wasn't because of drugs, but I know some adults whom I respect who swear that if it weren't for lexapro, prozac, st. john's wort, etc. they wouldn't be able to function in society. The drugs have amazing effects and most of the time those effects are good. I definitely don't want you jumping into this ethan. Take time to consider it with the people you trust most. and don't take the words of any of us too seriously. you don't know who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom