• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
we like all our straight friendly people lol. at least i do.

Yay. :3
such a romantic. youd probably also fatten her up with chocolate daily lol. some people feel sex is overated others don't it varies from person to person.
Yeah, I would hug alot too, cuz I love hugs. Although.... even so.. (I love that song btw)...I'm..
I'm a horny devil... so I dunno. HAHAHA

Dedu

Smash Lord
lolz at the spooning reference.
Made my day.

And Kirbykaze had no idea all that time XD.

I liek hugs too. I may pass of as being a bit shy but when i'm in the mood, I'm not shy at all.
Hugs are good, spooning is good if hugging is great with the person you like to be with. Forking makes it all the better.

But i disgress at times, depending on who I'm with.

hmmm...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, hugs are the best, just don't get enough of them.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I looked spooning up in wikipedia.
Americans or whatever you are take it too srsly. I used to do that with my friend in Japan.

He coulda been gay tho.

Shoot!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome. ;3 Oh, I voted NO for the marriege thing. I despise those double negatives they use, I was like "I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing". Basically, no to just man and woman. :3 Yay.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My moms got married today. They were worried that Prop 8 will pass and that the only time was now as the grandfather clause would protect them as a legit marriage, which it does.

So, legally have two parents again, and guess what, they're BOTH women! :)

bored

Smash Ace
I don't care about same-sex marriage. I can be just as happy without a ring on my finger. If prop 8 doesn't pass; cool! If it does pass, it will probably get overturned by the Supreme Court.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't care about same-sex marriage. I can be just as happy without a ring on my finger.
Lets see what you say when you're denied visitation rights to a hospital and you can't adopt a child.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My moms got married today. They were worried that Prop 8 will pass and that the only time was now as the grandfather clause would protect them as a legit marriage, which it does.
Haven't heard this clause. Whats it do?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's a rule that lets an old rule apply to some situations while a newer rule will apply to all new ones. This is whats expected to protect pre-existing gay marriages, in the event that our country is still messed up enough to actually vote yes to prop 8.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Good for them. Btw, when did they adopt you?
Long story short, I have a biological dad along with two biological brothers (one older one younger), but he/I can't visit us/him without a court approved chaperoned appointment. This was my mom's SECOND husband, the first left her after my half-sister was born, which is an EVEN more complex history to it. Both refuse to pay for us as settled during the divorces. I like my mom be-excuse me, MOMS better.

Haven't heard this clause. Whats it do?
When a law changes, people who were already protected by that law are still protected under the new law. Example, in Washington, the legal age for drinking used to be eighteen but the law changed it to twenty-one. People who were eighteen, nineteen, and twenty when the original law was in effect, although technically under-age because of the new law, can still drink legally.

So, people who are already "married" and are gay's "marriages" will still be protected by the government if Prop 8 passes, although any people who want to get "married" will not.

Amide

Smash Lord
I saw some yes for prop 8 things, and they said that gays will have all the rights they currently have, and that people that like gays should still vote yes. A yes vote is still a vote to respect others lifestyle "choices", but to not agree with them. (I hate the "choices" part) You can check the argument here.

bored

Smash Ace
Lets see what you say when you're denied visitation rights to a hospital and you can't adopt a child.
I was referring to the whole marriage ceremony. But whatever.

Adoption doesn't phase me much.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The whole King and King thing is bull****.

Teacher: So, that's everything about marriage. Oh, yeah, the White Catholic America isn't the only culture to have marriage too! Different religions have different marriages that are different from our own.
Parents: It's good that my children can learn more about other cultures like this at an early age. I mean, it's not like they're one day going to be forced to do this or anything. It's good to teach them to be tolerant.
School: Oh yeah, gays can get married, too.
Parents: How DARE you teach our children this FILTH! This is unacceptable, how dare you FORCE them to learn this, against THEIR will!?

Makes sense, I suppose O_o?

I think that marriages, often seen as religious ceremonies, should not be recognized by the government as partnership, but I suppose "Separation of Church and State" can only go SO far.

I think it's funny that the higher the age is, the higher the percentage for "Yes" votes are.

Geez, Switzerland is looking more and more appealing.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I detest people who think that "separate but equal" actually works. Dometic Partnerships are no different than segregated schools as far as THAT is concerned.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
Hmm sucks to hear that prop 8(No) is behind...hopefully it will change

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Any news on what happened with prop 8? I haven't been keeping up with this election stuff nor anything related lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I still don't think they have all the votes counted yet... but it's currently passing 51.9 to 48.1... YIPES!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The Great American Tall-Tales
Johnny Appleseed
George Washington and the Cherry Tree
Pecos Bill
Separation Between Church and State
The "Separate but Equal Doctrine" is truly gotten rid of
Paul Bunyan
Ben and Me

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh don't be so bitter. The government is supposed to represent its people. if it's people have values they demand represented, they should be. If the values happen to come from religion so be it. The separation of church and state is about the most AWFUL argument you could possibly make about proposition 8 because it's been put in the hands of the PEOPLE! To ignore the people's will would be to say that religion DOES tie to the government, but in a negative way. The government can't just ignore the will of the people because that will has religious roots. That would be to say that the government HAS decided to embrace a belief system: atheism.

you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want the government to listen to the people, regardless of their religious beliefs, you have to accept it when the people vote to support religious doctrines aw well as when they oppose them.

I'm sorry. I'll be pissed if proposition 8 passes too. But blaming separation of church and state is asanine.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't care that it's the majority, and that its the vote, it's still un-American to take such a bold step forward, then to take it back 6 months later.

I've never been more ashamed of being an American. There have been a lot more serious, and shameful moments in America's history-- but this one takes the cake in my lifetime.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I'm ashamed of being an american too
i can't believe prop8 passed 3 for 3-in all 3 states it was presented in.
I can't believe my own state voted to pass it. I don't know who's voting, but everyone I know voted no on it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Trust me, I voted no on it as well. I don't know about my dad though. ~_^ I'll ask him.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/individual/#CAI01

According to here, voters between the ages of 18-29 (which is a disappointing 20%), voted NO, 61% to 39%. The other agegroups voted YES. Basically, it's as we all feared. Old people afraid of change.

At least I can sleep soundly, knowing that we'll take over the world in at least 10 years. 12, if you wanna go by election periods. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm 18, and my father is around his 50's. Not that I know how he really stands with politics. : /

Yeah, old people are old fashioned, what can you do, eh?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
oh don't be so bitter. The government is supposed to represent its people. if it's people have values they demand represented, they should be. If the values happen to come from religion so be it. The separation of church and state is about the most AWFUL argument you could possibly make about proposition 8 because it's been put in the hands of the PEOPLE! To ignore the people's will would be to say that religion DOES tie to the government, but in a negative way. The government can't just ignore the will of the people because that will has religious roots. That would be to say that the government HAS decided to embrace a belief system: atheism.

you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want the government to listen to the people, regardless of their religious beliefs, you have to accept it when the people vote to support religious doctrines aw well as when they oppose them.

I'm sorry. I'll be pissed if proposition 8 passes too. But blaming separation of church and state is asanine.
The government is also supposed to protect minorities from the tyranny of the majority. The rationale behind prop 8 is a religious one; it attempts to legislate a religious viewpoint into law. There's no justification for banning gay marriage outside of a religious/moral framework. Your advocacy of this style of democracy means that you'd have to be ok with segregation in the South because "the people" demanded it.

Prop 8 is ****ing unconstitutional as per the 14th amendment. Seriously, I don't know how these measures get on teh ballot when they're blatanly unconstitutional.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So I made a big huge drunken rant in the Back Room last night. It's nothing but a *****fest, and it attacks Christianity on no grounds by my own opinions, but I figure if anyone wants to join in on my *****fest, it'd be you guys.

Xsyven's Gay BRoom Post on Prop 8 Passing

Prop 8 passing is total bull****. America just took a huge step backwards. Do you know how messed up it is that gay people have to have a civil union? It's the same thing as colored drinking fountains.

Christians everywhere believe that homosexuals are attacking marriage, they think homosexuals are attacking Christianity, they think homosexuals attacking god. Sit back and take a look at what we're ACTUALLY doing. Nothing. You're attacking our rights, you're attacking our freedom from religion, and you're attacking our unbelief of god. We just want to be with someone we love. But apparently, that's too much to ask. So in celebration, please, accept my formal "**** you". You're all invited to my wedding in fifty years once its legalized. I'm sure you'll all be divorced.

To those of you that voted yes, eighteen thousand couples-- thats thirty six thousand individuals-- are now listed as single Americans. And they hate you. For those of you that are interested, stats show that "Parents, churchgoers and voters who never attended college said they voted for the gay marriage ban, while college-educated and nonreligious voters opposed it." Makes you think, doesn't it?

Jesus wins prop 8, Satan wins president. Fair trade this time around, I guess.

And yeah, I'm being mean. But I really don't care. I'm sure you would be just as angry if they just re-illegalized your right to marry, ripped up your marriage certificate, and took back your rights as an American citizen no more than 6 months after it was just legalized. I've never been more proud of being gay. I've in fact never been proud of it. I've always been embarrassed. I'm sick of being a secondclass citizen, and I'm sick of being the blame of Christianity's downfall. I did nothing but accept God, and he pushed me away. He had his chance to love me for how he made me, but apparently, my ex-church was too busy paying 20 million dollars, coming from my own family's tithing money, to prevent me from being happy.

That doesn't even make sense. I don't care.

Great job, LDS religion. You've never lost more respect.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The government is also supposed to protect minorities from the tyranny of the majority. The rationale behind prop 8 is a religious one; it attempts to legislate a religious viewpoint into law. There's no justification for banning gay marriage outside of a religious/moral framework. Your advocacy of this style of democracy means that you'd have to be ok with segregation in the South because "the people" demanded it.

Prop 8 is ****ing unconstitutional as per the 14th amendment. Seriously, I don't know how these measures get on teh ballot when they're blatanly unconstitutional.
Oh I disagree with it and I think it's wrong. however, it's not separation of church and state to blame. or the government at all really: it's hateful, discriminatory people... especially old people.

at lwast when I'm ready to marry it's more likely it will be legal.

And I'm religious... but I can understand your hate Xyven. I ask you to blame the stupid people who make up the religion... not God himself. But that's your decision. I'd just hate to see your personal relationship with God crumple because of the fault of mortals.

*offers Xyven a big hug* it sucks... I know. for all of us. if Cali can't keep us free, what hope is there for those of us in other states.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Old people's rights to vote should be taken away if thats the case.

WERE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE OUR OWN DECISIONS GRANMA!!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
people over 65: only voting demographic that McCain won.

hmmmmm.... curiouser and curiouser.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
*sigh* I don't get people at all... sometimes I wonder if there really is any hope for our nation.

One could say it is Obama, but he isn't even in yet... so we'll have to wait and see.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, your right, its up to the house and senate now.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Obama opposes gay marriage anyway. but at least he has promised not to stand in it's way. he just won't go out of his way to support it. He's switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom