• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
playing hard to get varies i think depending on if your willing to work/play along with that person to get them.

in other news:

there was this guy at my job and i thought he was so cute XD. anywho since he was working next to me whenever the people coming through died down i tired to talk to him, but, it was like talkling to a mirror. everytime i asked something i got a straight forward blunt reply D:

it had me thinking one of 3 things:
1. this is how i appear to people, yet, i actually keep conversation a bit longer anyway.
2. he was so like "i have no intrest in you"
3.i was so giving off the gay vibe and he didn't want to be near me. D:

thats my daily story.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
So after dating about 4 crazies I decided I was done with women, though I still like to look at them.

Not in a sexual way, but the same way I admire fine art.

Anyone do the same?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
playing hard to get varies i think depending on if your willing to work/play along with that person to get them.

in other news:

there was this guy at my job and i thought he was so cute XD. anywho since he was working next to me whenever the people coming through died down i tired to talk to him, but, it was like talkling to a mirror. everytime i asked something i got a straight forward blunt reply D:

it had me thinking one of 3 things:
1. this is how i appear to people, yet, i actually keep conversation a bit longer anyway.
2. he was so like "i have no intrest in you"
3.i was so giving off the gay vibe and he didn't want to be near me. D:

thats my daily story.
I guess I'm not the type who is willing to play along =P

Plus I get easily discouraged. It's pretty sad. If a girl doesn't seem to take interest in me, I don't ask her out. If a girl seems to like another guy, I don't ask her out. If another guy seems to like the girl, I probably don't ask her out (On the basis of "well what could possibly make her like me more than that other guy?).

And when I see a girl talking to other guys and being friendly with them, I also get discouraged. Because I think...what can I do to be in that position? What can I do to obtain a closer friendship with this girl? What's stopping this girl from choosing any one of those guys over me?? Then I realize it's too difficult for me. Somehow I get nervous around any girl I like, even though I'm fine around other girls.

So for a girl to play hard to get, it just really really discourages me. And it's not like I can get over the girl either. I continue liking her even while discouraged, which just causes more of a broken heart for me.

I just can't deal with that game you know?

If in were in your shoes, and I were talking to that guy, and he didn't respond to me, then yeah...instant discouragement.

I guess the only way I'll ever find a girlfriend is if a girl comes up to me and tells me she likes me. And hopefully I'll like her too. Even then, there isn't a 100% chance I'll ask her out, but it's better than nothing.

To be quite honest, I don't know why people play these games at all. If I ignore someone, it's not because I want them to want me. It's because I just don't like them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True bro, and should love be all about mind games? Really, and all girls I see are probaly already taken, so I probaly wouldn't have a chance anyways. Although I am a weird guy, so that may be it (I don't even do well with conversation, I'm just random and annoying, and maybe funny and goofy).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I saw the most awesome shirt today for us Californians. I mentioned Prop 8 earlier in this thread (which the voting happens on Tuesday), the shirt was as follows:

"Don't be a ***, vote No on Prop 8"

I'm still loling at it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, if you don't like the guy THAT MUCH.... I mean, if you think about it, you'd be spending 150 to go on a date with him.

Maybe you can use this to your advantage! Go to the tournament, but totally lead him on after denying him. Play hard to get, or something, you now?
oh come on that's awful...

If he really IS the perfect guy, he won't want to come between you and the tourny...maybe he'll even go WITH you and then go on the date right afterwards as celebration!

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
True bro, and should love be all about mind games? Really, and all girls I see are probaly already taken, so I probaly wouldn't have a chance anyways. Although I am a weird guy, so that may be it (I don't even do well with conversation, I'm just random and annoying, and maybe funny and goofy).
Unfortunately it's that very mindset (all girls are probably taken, I probably don't have a chance) that prevents you from taking any action. I know for a fact that I have a similar mindset, and that it really prevents me from finding someone to be in a long relationship with.

And as for you being weird, I don't know. That could be what you think of yourself. Maybe you are weird, maybe you're not.

To be honest though, a lot of girls think I'm really sweet, nice, caring, etc. I've had some girls tell me that I'm a really good listener. People think I'm funny. They think I'm loyal, they think I'm smart, etc etc. And a lot of girls have liked me in the past, so I guess I'm not that bad looking either.

You'd think that those qualities would make any girl want you right? Well apparently not. I've been single my entire life. The farthest I've ever gotten with a girl is a hug, or maybe a friendly kiss on the cheek. I guess not all girls are looking for a single set of qualities in a guy you know what I mean? Maybe they like random and funny. Maybe they like goofy. And maybe they interpret you being not so good in conversation as you being shy. Maybe some girls like that. I don't know. Just because you think that your characteristic traits may make girls like or not like you, doesn't mean that its true.

On another note: TBQH, I think Smash is the only thing that should involve mindgames. Keep that **** out of love and relationships.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
oh come on that's awful...

If he really IS the perfect guy, he won't want to come between you and the tourny...maybe he'll even go WITH you and then go on the date right afterwards as celebration!
He didn't say he was the perfect guy. If he was the perfect guy, Desu would have absolutely no problem dropping the tournament for him.

All you little homos are such hopeless romantics. :p

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I was walking around an old dorm on campus today and they have these little rainbow triangle signs placed near certain doors that say "UA Safe Zone". My guess is that they're an...I don't want to say asylum or refuge, but in some places of the South those are necessary. Anyhow, I couldn't help but notice that one I walked by in this dorm looked remarkably like a closet door. I'm thinking "is this a psychological thing, poor judgment, or just apathy?", but in any event it was very odd.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
He didn't say he was the perfect guy. If he was the perfect guy, Desu would have absolutely no problem dropping the tournament for him.

Lol. I'm not exactly a "homo," but I sure am a hopeless romantic. I get that a lot.

I was walking around an old dorm on campus today and they have these little rainbow triangle signs placed near certain doors that say "UA Safe Zone". My guess is that they're an...I don't want to say asylum or refuge, but in some places of the South those are necessary. Anyhow, I couldn't help but notice that one I walked by in this dorm looked remarkably like a closet door. I'm thinking "is this a psychological thing, poor judgment, or just apathy?", but in any event it was very odd.
Could you fill me in as to what UA actually stands for? I feel dumb for not knowing.

Also: I've realized that I go off on random tangents quite often, and sometimes post long and elaborate messages to reply to something that could just as easily be replied to in a much shorter fashion. Sorry about that =P

I just have a lot to say I guess, especially about the topic of relationships/love XD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

I would be hopeless if I DIDN'T believe there was a perfect guy for me. But since I do, I have hope.

heck... maybe I've already found him. if you're reading this, you know who you are... are you my perfect guy?

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Zero Fox, I have almost the same dilemma except I've no experience in love. I too am a hopeless romantic. Although I can't imagine a girl liking me. I'm a very goofy person. I'm sorta popular for that. But I'm also one of the smartest kids in school.
Does being foreign help or not?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I guess I'm not the type who is willing to play along =P

Plus I get easily discouraged. It's pretty sad. If a girl doesn't seem to take interest in me, I don't ask her out. If a girl seems to like another guy, I don't ask her out. If another guy seems to like the girl, I probably don't ask her out (On the basis of "well what could possibly make her like me more than that other guy?).

And when I see a girl talking to other guys and being friendly with them, I also get discouraged. Because I think...what can I do to be in that position? What can I do to obtain a closer friendship with this girl? What's stopping this girl from choosing any one of those guys over me?? Then I realize it's too difficult for me. Somehow I get nervous around any girl I like, even though I'm fine around other girls.

So for a girl to play hard to get, it just really really discourages me. And it's not like I can get over the girl either. I continue liking her even while discouraged, which just causes more of a broken heart for me.

I just can't deal with that game you know?

If in were in your shoes, and I were talking to that guy, and he didn't respond to me, then yeah...instant discouragement.

I guess the only way I'll ever find a girlfriend is if a girl comes up to me and tells me she likes me. And hopefully I'll like her too. Even then, there isn't a 100% chance I'll ask her out, but it's better than nothing.

To be quite honest, I don't know why people play these games at all. If I ignore someone, it's not because I want them to want me. It's because I just don't like them.
wheres that tyra gif at when you need it......
anyway you kinda have to just jump in there and play along anyway for some people. some people even think their so **** good that everyone should work for thier attention, and at the end of the day it was all for naught. not all, but some do, and just don't show it.

people also don't want to do the approaching, thats why i get upset when i see people just sit there and others flock to them, but i do the same and no one does that to me.

i wasn't instant discouraged, just frustrated cause i couldn't find any common ground to talk to him at all. its not like i can walk up and say "i lieks pokmon do yus?" i even put on courage badge to talk to him XD.

the rest of the day didn't even go well cause i had to sit in an icechamber and the girl i had to change spots with never came back so i could go on my **** break :mad:
i hate lazy people who still get paid like they're working hard.:p

Unfortunately it's that very mindset (all girls are probably taken, I probably don't have a chance) that prevents you from taking any action. I know for a fact that I have a similar mindset, and that it really prevents me from finding someone to be in a long relationship with.
you should try to work away from that mindset, they aint't all taken obviously lol. you kinda have to search around on whos not taken. have broad view for relationship canidates. some people look great and you'd want them to be your gf/bf but they're just a trophy and are poor relationship people, not all, but some are.

To be honest though, a lot of girls think I'm really sweet, nice, caring, etc. I've had some girls tell me that I'm a really good listener. People think I'm funny. They think I'm loyal, they think I'm smart, etc etc. And a lot of girls have liked me in the past, so I guess I'm not that bad looking either.

You'd think that those qualities would make any girl want you right? Well apparently not.
only another romantic/idealist girl likes those qualities alot IMO. i have similar qualities and while in denial state that caused me to have some female friends, but nothing more than that. its nice to have em when a relationship starts, or to help start one, but you need ferocity these days.

I've been single my entire life.
join the club
10imsolonelies:p
lol

On another note: TBQH, I think Smash is the only thing that should involve mindgames. Keep that **** out of love and relationships.
i think they kinda are needed in relationships at some point, can't play a surprise W/O mindgames to keep it secret lol

He didn't say he was the perfect guy. All you little homos are such hopeless romantics. :p
lol. not me.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
you should try to work away from that mindset, they aint't all taken obviously lol. you kinda have to search around on whos not taken. have broad view for relationship canidates. some people look great and you'd want them to be your gf/bf but they're just a trophy and are poor relationship people, not all, but some are.
Yeah I know that. The thing is, I don't really look for "hot" girls or anything like that. But I'm really picky in terms of personality and I guess how a girl acts and thinks and stuff like that.

It would be very very hard for a girl to fit in with what I'd ideally like in terms of personality and stuff. But as for looks- well let's face it, physical appearances do matter to a certain extent. But I'm not looking for some crazy hot girl with massive bewbs and what not. I just want one who is pretty or cute, and that can be defined pretty loosely and is relative to a person. Beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Haaaay.
New photos.
They're a few months old, but WABA just posted them.

^
I'm on the left. :p

^
I have to carry my partner all the way through teams...
Then I have to carry him in our victory photo, too. XD

^
mmm jackson om nom noms
money

NOTE:
The other people in these photos are not gay.
They just act about 100x more 'gay' than I do.

.... Yeah...

The Executive

Smash Lord
Lol. I'm not exactly a "homo," but I sure am a hopeless romantic. I get that a lot.
Hopeless romantics FTW/L?

Could you fill me in as to what UA actually stands for? I feel dumb for not knowing.
University of Alabama. Don't feel bad, unless you follow college football you probably wouldn't have heard of them.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Hopeless romantics FTW/L?

University of Alabama. Don't feel bad, unless you follow college football you probably wouldn't have heard of them.
Ohhh, yeah I don't follow college football. Still, for some reason I thought UA safe zone had something to do with religion or homosexuality...

As in like, a safe zone for people of X religion...a zone to be safe from homosexuals?

The Executive

Smash Lord
I am assuming with the triangle symbol it's a "safe zone" for homosexuals. UA seems tolerant as far as religion goes; we have all the basic monotheistic religions covered as well as Buddhism, agnosticism, and atheism. It's superficially Christian, as is the South and ostensibly America, but there's a good mix.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm catholic, but I rarely go to church, heh. I'm also a hopeless romantic, haha. Well, not that I have experienced romance, maybe I'm a romance n00b.

Haha, nice pics Desu. ;3

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure of my religion. Guessing Buddhism because of the funerals.

I'm usually not a hopeless romantic. So this is about the first time I had to suffer from this.
I'll have to tell her I like her before April. I'll probably go insane by then.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It looks like you were going to try and eat the guy in that last picture, Desu.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
yeah it does doesn't it? lol
obviously mine doesn't look anything close to what i look like.:ohwell:
Mine does though, a lot. Right down to the fur and the ears.

=P

Oh, question to the general population on this board (at least those who are gay or lesbian, etc etc)...

What, was, or still is, the scariest thing about coming out? Just out of curiosity. And just trying to keep conversation going too I guess haha.

I'm straight...so I've never really had to do any of that coming out stuff =P.

But I have had friends who I knew were gay or lesbian or bi. And my college roommate said that for a time he wasn't a big fan of homosexuals, and then he found out his close friend turned out to be gay.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well for me i'd actually like to keep living in my house and just be ther other family member right now. so im guessing my scariest thing is i'll be kicked out of the house for coming out, i also suspect most of my family members don't like gays.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
well for me i'd actually like to keep living in my house and just be ther other family member right now. so im guessing my scariest thing is i'll be kicked out of the house for coming out, i also suspect most of my family members don't like gays.
That's pretty unfortunate =/

I mean, I can't say with 100% certainty that if I had a son or daughter and he or she came out to me, that I'd act if any specific way or manner.

Because of the fact that I don't see gays or lesbians as bad or scary, and think that they should be able to get married or what have you, I probably would be supportive. I'd like to think that I would be. But I also feel like as a father, you'd want your son or daughter to find a nice wife or husband to marry and raise a family, sort of like any other "family dream."

I certainly wouldn't kick my kid out of the house though...

I guess you can never tell how you'd act in a situation until you experience it first hand you know?

But I would hope that people don't get kicked out of the house or face any problems because they're coming out.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@zerofox
did i tell you were one of my favorite people already? :bee:

it does seem unfortunate but there is that possibility. some people don't understand that being gay is only 1 part of the person, and it shouldn't really affect how you percieve them by that much since its still the same **** person you've known before the coming out XD. and predominantly parents, especially the religious sort, are hoping for that "past dream" for thier children not the other taboo one.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
@zerofox
did i tell you were one of my favorite people already? :bee:

it does seem unfortunate but there is that possibility. some people don't understand that being gay is only 1 part of the person, and it shouldn't really affect how you percieve them by that much since its still the same **** person you've known before the coming out XD. and predominantly parents, especially the religious sort, are hoping for that "past dream" for thier children not the other taboo one.
You did tell me! It made me happy I must admit =) Thanks haha.

I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite threads on this entire site.

Yeah I'm a serious competitive Smasher and competitive gamer in general, and I love talking about tournaments and strategies and new techniques and all that good stuff. But to be honest, this is a lot more fun and satisfying. I enjoy these deep convos about whatever topic arises. Especially topics like love haha, I could go on and on about that stuff =P

It's nice to have someone to discuss these things with, without the risk of them being like "SHUT UP GO AWAY I DON'T CARE."

You guys are awesome XD

bored

Smash Ace
That's pretty unfortunate =/

I mean, I can't say with 100% certainty that if I had a son or daughter and he or she came out to me, that I'd act if any specific way or manner.

Because of the fact that I don't see gays or lesbians as bad or scary, and think that they should be able to get married or what have you, I probably would be supportive. I'd like to think that I would be. But I also feel like as a father, you'd want your son or daughter to find a nice wife or husband to marry and raise a family, sort of like any other "family dream."

I certainly wouldn't kick my kid out of the house though...

I guess you can never tell how you'd act in a situation until you experience it first hand you know?

But I would hope that people don't get kicked out of the house or face any problems because they're coming out.
You can still have a 'family dream' even if you are with the same sex.
I don't care how many times my parents keep telling me to marry a good woman and to have children. For one, I'm done with women, and two, I don't like children that much. So they can keep wishing their 'family dream' ideals on me. Its not what I prefer.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
You can still have a 'family dream' even if you are with the same sex.
I don't care how many times my parents keep telling me to marry a good woman and to have children. For one, I'm done with women, and two, I don't like children that much. So they can keep wishing their 'family dream' ideals on me. Its not what I prefer.
That's true, I guess what I'm trying to say is that most parents sort of envision their children's lives I guess, and when it turns out to be different than expected, the parents might be disappointed. Heck, some parents hope their kids will grow up and work in the same field of business as they do. When that doesn't happen, there could be disappointment as well.

Just saying from a general standpoint. I don't mean I for one would be disappointed.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
...still waiting for ZeroFox to come out of the closet.

It's been a pattern. We get a straight guy who's really nice, asks lots of questions, hopes the best for us all, then comes out of the closet. Me, Cashed, Hedgedawg.

If I'm wrong, I'm trying to offend you, Zero-- its just that we've all done what you're doing. So I'm pretty convinced you're just closeting right now.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
...still waiting for ZeroFox to come out of the closet.

It's been a pattern. We get a straight guy who's really nice, asks lots of questions, hopes the best for us all, then comes out of the closet. Me, Cashed, Hedgedawg.

If I'm wrong, I'm trying to offend you, Zero-- its just that we've all done what you're doing. So I'm pretty convinced you're just closeting right now.
Haha. I assure you, I'm 100% straight. True I've never had a girlfriend, but I've "fallen in love" and had crushes on many girls in the past. I don't find other males attractive and wouldn't ever think of getting into a relationship with them or anything.

I do think you guys are nice though, which is why I like talking with you. And as I've said before, I enjoy the conversations that are going on here =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom