• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LFM/LFC somebody set us up the gong, MK is not a dirty word

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
jambo one of act's mario pro's might be coming to teds tourney with me.
in case it isnt clear, he mains mario, and is a pro.
so if any crew needs another player I'm sure he'd love to fill in for you.
I reckon the gong get first preference, also stero I have that crazy ring thing of yours so I'll bring that to give to you at teds.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
jambo one of act's mario pro's might be coming to teds tourney with me.
in case it isnt clear, he mains mario, and is a pro.
so if any crew needs another player I'm sure he'd love to fill in for you.
I reckon the gong get first preference, also stero I have that crazy ring thing of yours so I'll bring that to give to you at teds.
yeah that would be great, that ring is like my trademark;)

Also, jamus is like 50/50 about whether he can come to teddy's so jambo is more than welcome if it comes to that, might almost make up for us loosing our best player.....:urg:

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i'll drive but my car is **** and can only take one person, if there's more than that i might just train with you guys, however driving saves probably 1.5 hours

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Just lettin everyone know my new place doesn't have internet connection so i will only be sporadically contactable until teddys
i trust that any Q's can be answered by other people on these boards tho
and i will only have limited change at the tourney for crew mofos so it'll help to bring some exact moneyz plz
K?
peace out

tkls

Smash Apprentice
look, i dont mean to be selfish, but there is no way i'll be able to bring a tv, and i think less pressure should be put on everyone bringing a tv, and more on locals bringing tvs. if i was closer, i would, but carrying a 51cm tv on a bus trip, 2 train trips and another bus trip that it will take me to get to this tourney is not my idea of fun. will donate wii and maybe gamecube, but anyone who lives in sydney has no excuse not to bring wii tbh. so, do you want a gc?

Toby.

Smash Master
Yah crews were dissapointing. They are really hard to organise. Next time methinks we need to set aside speicific times for each crew battle so that people aren't waiting ages for singles matches to finish, only for another one to start afterwards.

S.D

Smash Master
I think it would be unreasonable to believe all crew battles would be completed on the day. It will take a few tournaments and a bit of extra time set aside specifically. Simply running it in conjunction with everything else is very time consuming and impractical it would seem.

Also I can give you my moneyz Tim.

Edit: Maybe we need to consider perhaps allocating a draw of some kind. Whereby crews play 2 other crews per monthly, then the responsibility is on those crews to complete their matches. I suggest two because that was all anyone seemed to have time for.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, being halfway through a crew match and having the next person to play in the middle of pools was somewhere between mildly irritating and blood boilingly infuriating. Probably closer to the former. But frustrations at organisation aside, I had a lot of fun playing crews, only wish that we'd gotten to play The **** as well.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
That was your choice, Ilag. We were up against metaknights and you backed out of fighting luke's snake as our first player.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats cause in my first ever crew match I took 10 stocks so whenever we do crews now I get pumped up and growl at people, snake is a monster.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
what the FTS?

although u didnt get through all the crews...what was the result?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
scar as in i killed mufasa scar plays brawl and plays metaknight?

ur not scar

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the **** pwned and the metaknights pwned but they never played each other, such a letdown...

S.D

Smash Master
There's always next time guys!

I think we need a little brainstorm on how things can be done more efficiently next time. Also money should be paid with registration. 5 crew battles encompassing melee and brawl was always going to be too much to fit into an already packed schedule.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
mmm I think it'd be good if there was a tourney solely focused on crews, if theres spare time you can always have friendlys, maybe you could hold a crews tourney sometime soon ted? I'd be willingly to hold one here in act but like I have said before many people wont be able to make it out here.

I LAG

Smash Lord
maybe i should change the sig to fake scar instead of scar.
i dont even use the name scar anymore when i brawl but
everyone still calls me it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Real Scar, MM me Falcon vs. Peach/Melee MLG rules best of 3 $10 or $20. At Genesis :grin:

Fake Scar, :mad::mad::mad:

I LAG

Smash Lord
i would accept that money match
if all matches were on FD
and you couldn't use wolfs blaster
or d-smash

:)

Top Bottom