• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LFM/LFC somebody set us up the gong, MK is not a dirty word

unreon

Smash Ace
How about we all just keep on topic instead. None of this "can't we all just get along and stop hating", etc. (Yes Zaidou I'm talking to you too) This is a thread for forming crews and seeking crew members.

People dislike/hate you "I LAG", suck it up, move on, and/or do something to earn other people's respect if you really care, this isn't really helping nor is your "liek zomg ill never totally forgive you unless gomgomgogg" you seriously sound like one of those kids who say to their "friends" "I won't be your friend if you don't do this, don't do that".

You want to be in someone's crew correct? Well at this rate I don't think you're leaving a good impression. I rarely get involved in this sort of irrelevant stuff, nor do I care about it either, but I actually want this league established by Tim to happen.
Holy WOW *bowbowbow*

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
We Like Ike! We Like Ike! We Like Ike!

... dang, beat me to it also :(... by almost 2 hours.

'everyone please forgive me'... 'if you don't give me a second chance and forgive me, i hate you and will never forgive you'. Best.

Seriously now:
I also have no intention of joining/forming a crew, coz my Lucario is still cut up and bruised from versing Tedeth's wolf. but really, I don't think i'd be able to make all the meets and wouldn't wanna let down the team/crew that i'd join. Also no counter picking makes me sad.

Isorropia afaik is also not looking for a crew cause he wouldn't be able to make all the meets/ doesn't want the obligation of having to. (my take on what he said).

So if anyone was wondering (all 5 of you who know who we are, haha :p)... that ^^^.

S.D

Smash Master
How about we all just keep on topic instead. None of this "can't we all just get along and stop hating", etc. (Yes Zaidou I'm talking to you too) This is a thread for forming crews and seeking crew members.

People dislike/hate you "I LAG", suck it up, move on, and/or do something to earn other people's respect if you really care, this isn't really helping nor is your "liek zomg ill never totally forgive you unless gomgomgogg" you seriously sound like one of those kids who say to their "friends" "I won't be your friend if you don't do this, don't do that".

You want to be in someone's crew correct? Well at this rate I don't think you're leaving a good impression. I rarely get involved in this sort of irrelevant stuff, nor do I care about it either, but I actually want this league established by Tim to happen.

[/end facepalm]

Now, let's keep those crews coming! A couple of crews are almost complete ^^
:bee: Look out Bjay in the HOUSE yo, I <3 you Chii! (I second everything you said)

As you rightly say back on topic. Those people who would like to be part of this but are unsure about crews just put your name down and see if you can't form a crew with others who are in the same boat. No need to write it off because you don't have a crew in mind.

Ps: Wollongong find a 4th, Tim - find a 3rd and 4th - Pat/Simon sign up k thx

REMEMBER 6 IS THE MINIMUM WE WANT MOARRRRRRR

I LAG

Smash Lord
I am serious if u hate me for something so small i dont like u. and is there anyone looking for a crew?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I am serious if u hate me for something so small i dont like u.
Nobody ****ing cares. You can hate them all you want, they don't give a ****, they're not going to lose any sleep over it. Enjoy not liking us while we completely ignore you. Seriously, what do you hope to achieve by "not liking us because we hate you?" Are you a ****ing 5 year old?

And yes there are people looking for a crew, check the first post. Oh, and the thread title. >.>

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
No, We're Not Looking For A Crew. Not With You Anyway.

Crew "benchers":
Zaidou
Enigmalik

Is That It? This Can Be The Crew For People Who Can't Always Make It. I Know F T S Is Doing Hsc So If He's Not In A Crew Yey I'm Sure He'd Be Interested In This. Btw The Name Is Only Temporary.

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
HSC FTW!!! haha... i hate year 12...

and Lag thinking like that would only make it worse.. imo when u post look over what u posted and see if it makes ur position much worse than saying nothing at all.

if i was to be in a crew, when im not playing... 4U maths book comes out Ftw

isthattim?

Smash Ace

@scar: shut up and GTFO of my thread if you're gonna be a spoilt brat

@EA and SD: I love you, dont ever change

@enigmalik and zaidou: seriously? you can't make it to one meet a month?

@isorropia: obligation? to go to smash meets? you should want to go to as many as possible

@anyone who thinks they're not good enough to join a crew: more meets makes you more better, it costs $30 total over 3 months, you get a chance to play all the best brawlers and melee'ers in the state.

have you never been part of any team? start a crew and it wont be an unpleasant obligation to not let them down, you'll feel obliged to do your best and turn up to every meet cos your crew needs you and you want to win/ do your best. if you don't want to be a part of something like that then why are you part of the community? What better way to make friends than to strive together towards a common goal and improve yourself and each other along the way?

The whole point of this league and the massive cash prize is to encourage people to go to more tournaments

More crews=more money=more people wanting to go=more crews=more money=better quality smashers wanting to go=being able to play the best smashers around=get better=more chances of winning money (which there is more of if there are more crews).

isthattim?

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of adding another section for free agents who can act as substitutes for any crew and will only have to pay $5 per monthly

CAN I ASSUME: Admiral comrade, zaidou, enigmalik, FTS will be placed in this category?

Edit: SD's UAI 97or98 i cant recall

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
We Haven't Had The Ok From Fts. And, Good Points You Made There. I Think A Lot Of Us Were Simply Afraid Of Being The Weakest Link. I Know I Was.

S.D

Smash Master
We Haven't Had The Ok From Fts. And, Good Points You Made There. I Think A Lot Of Us Were Simply Afraid Of Being The Weakest Link. I Know I Was.
Yeah dw about things like that, it's unlikely that would be the case and even if it was your crewmates will still <3 you nonetheless. It's all about team spirit and having fun! At DC crews was the main event and everyone had a good time, even in losing.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Tim: awww, I <3 you too. :3

That free agents idea is pro, it'd be great to not have to stress so much over whether your whole team can make it to every single event. That works in reverse too or those who want to crew but can't for whatever reason. I say go for it.

At DC crews was the main event and everyone had a good time, even in losing.
*gets completely annihilated by Jelly*
YEEEAH I GOT ONE STOCK OFF HIM.

Good times. :3

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Tim i think you misread the attitude of my post before when i was talking about obligations, it wasn't implied to be a negative thing, just that it was a 'duty' to drive/travel x amount of hours to a location that would be set a few weeks in advance, and by not doing this, you'd be letting down 3 people, no-matter how good/bad your reason for not being able to make it was. Imbetween work, uni/school/studies, weekend sport/events and church it's another responsibility that some people might not have time for, thus... 'an obligation they might not want'.

Is money really the incentive that attracts better/more smashers? (serious question to all those people who attend a lot of tournaments and travel ages to go to them).

Name for crew that can't always make it should be "4 ****ing benchers" imo.

isthattim said:
if you don't want to be a part of something like that then why are you part of the community?
lol, thats pretty harsh.

isthattim said:
What better way to make friends than to strive together towards a common goal and improve yourself and each other along the way?
Like all those Disney movies have taught us. *nod*

Well, in crew battles, because your relying on your team-mates to do well, this can cause quite a-lot of friction and resentment, especially with newcomers who only actually meet/play with their team-mates at the tournaments. And because of the nature of crew battles, a very large aspect of normal tournaments is removed (counterpicking), which can really hinder peoples understanding and appreciation of the game.

isthattim said:
The whole point of this league and the massive cash prize is to encourage people to go to more tournaments
Combining points from melee and brawl will rule out the slim chance a few crews of had of winning the pot, had it of only been one of the games. So, if you have no chance of winning the pot, i doubt that the massive cash prize is the incentive to come. Large cash prizes are usually incentives to attract out of staters who attempt to cover their travel bills with money they hope to win from the tournament, or see it as an investment/excuse to go see a new place, but because these are a collection of tournaments scattered around NSW every month, i doubt that it's worth it for anyone who lives outside the close proximity.

Conclusively: I'm not sure how the whole 'crew' +'league' concept gives incentive or motivation more so than singles and doubles events would. Forcing new people to find 3 other people, else be shafted, as well as forcing them to commit to monthly tournaments could be quite off-putting. The people who are most attracted/affected by cash prizes are the veterans, who already go to most of the tournaments, and who have a very likely shot at winning. The main 'clincher' for people is how close the tournament is usually.

Also

Pft, weakest link, i stay up late every-night practicing my johns, then eat a whole bowl of Mr.Saturns' for breakfast. I'm made of tournament material.

NOTE: I'm not boycotting this idea or anything, i'm not trying to be difficult or critical, just calmly responding to tim's post and givin my opinion.

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
Is money really the incentive that attracts better/more smashers? (serious question to all those people who attend a lot of tournaments and travel ages to go to them).

Also

Pft, weakest link, i stay up late every-night practicing my johns, then eat a whole bowl of Mr.Saturns' for breakfast. I'm made of tournament material.
No.

That is amazing.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Summary of this thread
Tim: I've got a great idea to get more people to come to tournaments/ get people to travel further to come to tournaments. I'm gonna organise everything basically by myself and put in $300 of my own money This is gonna be great.

Other people: Great idea sign me up/i wish i had a crew i'll make one!

Enigmalik: i can't find a crew/dont like travelling/dont like responsibilty/think its some sort of job. I'll try and ruin tim's idea. I dont like tourneys/people and would prefer to play by myself at home.

@enigmalik: please edit your post out of thread kthanks

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
I Agree With Enigmalik On These Fields:

-a Massive Cash Prize Is Not Neccesary, I For Example Am Doing This For The Fame Of "best Ike".
-a Sngles Or Doubles Event Would Indeed Attract The Same Numbers.
-it Can Be Distressing Knowing That In Order For Three Other People To At Least Play And Enjoy Themselves, You Need To Be There.
- Loss Of Counterpick Does Hurt Serious Smash.

I Disagree Here:

- Not Everyone Is A Victory Obsessed Elitist. I Know That If I Were To Blow Say, Sd's Chances Of 1000$, He'd Shrug It Off And Give Me A Quick Run Over Of My Game. Obviously This Doesn't Apply To Everyone, But With The Time I've Spent In This Community, It Sure Applies To Most.
- Even Though I've Acknowledged That Being A Part Of A Crew Is An Obligation, That Isn't Neccesarily A Bad Thing. Think Of The Upsides; Say You Win The Big One, And The Feeling Of Having Achieved It Together. Yes It's Very Disney But The Truth Of It Is It's Not All Bad. To Attract Smashers, The Crew League Will Be About As Effective As The Next Tournament. To Bring The Community Closer Together- That's Different. That's Where The Crews Can Help.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Tim i'm sorry, i didn't mean to discredit you or your idea or all the effort that you have put into putting it into action. You've shown awesome initiative and i'm sure you will achieve all the goals you intended to.

I didn't really appreciate the flame, i feel as though you've misconstrued my posts. I intend to go to all of the tournaments i can, and even if i don't actually enter the crew matches, i'd love to contribute to the pot, and watch everyone else play.

Really sorry, didn't mean to cause any strife.

EDIT: @ Zaidou, i didn't mean 'obligation' in a bad way, lol, never did :(.

I LAG

Smash Lord
is this thing going to happen are you going to be able to get 6crews? and they r going to have to can doubles in tournaments because crews will take up to much time. and i am not going in a left over crew if there ends up being 4people left i will not join the leftovers crew. and sorry everyone for being such a baby

tedeth

Smash Master
Anyone who has never played in a crew cannot comment on what it's like. It seems that the only people who have ANYTHING negative to say about crews are those who have not done it before, while everyone who HAS played crews has nothing bad to say.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
i lag,
i am not going in a left over crew if there ends up being 4people left i will not join the leftovers crew.
thats is just stupid.

Crews are full of win. so much better than singles or teams. honestly, i think it is the most fun way to play. so much more fun.

and if anyone wants to join the wollongong crew, pm me. we are still one short

edit: after reading the last couple of pages, i have decided that i lag is an immature idiot, who should gtfo the whole scene unless he can grow up and learn to get along with people. anyone can tell the sorts of comments that are going to piss people off. so keep them to yourself.

most people in the community are nice guys. ilag, you are an idiot, spreading hate everywhere and pissing everyone off. if you can grow up, and stop saying dumb things, people may consider you for crews. otherwise, dont bother. noone will crew with an idiot who doesnt know how to interact with people. anyone who has stuck up for you, you have proceeded to be a **** to. grow up, or **** off.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
@enigmalik: Oh, Well Alright Then.

@tkls: I Only Stuck Up For Him Because I Thought He'd Changed. Obviously I Was Wrong.

So What's The Offical Name Of Me+enigmalik's Crew?

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
what are the dates for this thing? without that knowledge i dont kno if i can join... but hey i like the idea of the extras.

@zaidou: sorry i cant join your crew. Being a member of the metaknights means always being a member of the metaknights, through thick and thin. MTR, Tedeth, Toby....i miss brawling you guys....HSC RAGE

@ilag (and all other anti crew) crews are absolutely amazing dont diss it until you experience it. Teamwork is awesome. also there are some very intense moments....more is on the line if you dont want to let your teamates down....*cough* *cough* my snake vs d3 *cough* *cough*

AND ILAG. Leftover crews are fine.....its how you meet new people and make new friends in the smash community....dont think that youre 2 good for them...because you're not

tkls

Smash Apprentice
one suggestion for the stage list, get rid of shadow moses. for the simple reason that it is impossible to kill yourself. i had to kill the other person which sucked cos of stale moves. ban the level in crews to make it fair

S.D

Smash Master
There seems to be a lot of talk about the decreased level of strategy involved in crews, however there is actually another added layer of strategy involved. Consider that you know the 4 players opposing you, and their character. You have to devise the best way to eliminate their characters with those at your disposal. Selecting the right player/character for the right matchup is integral in winning. As is sending in the right person at the right time to take out a x number of stock from y player, in a way that keeps you from losing the character/matchup advantage. It can be far more strategic than doubles/singles in my experience. Also one or two crew battles doesn't take all that long so it shouldn't impede on the event in question.

Also this is something added onto other tournaments, remember that it isn't a separate league, and a large portion of the community is already present. So questions over the obligation of coming shouldn't raise a huge issue to the 'regulars' yet I appreciate how joining might not be a feasible option for some.

As for the prize money I think that it certainly adds another dimension to it and when the stakes are higher often there is more interest. That being said the money isn't be all end all, it's just nice when the community can have a decent prize pool for a change. Obviously most people aren't in this community to win cash prizes, the main objective is to have funsies :)

planetstereo

Smash Ace
@lag, I have sat back and watched every post you make and others make about you. I feel that i am in such a position to comment unbiased way.
Im not going to call you names or make inferences about who you are or what you lack as a person. But I will say that you have obviously created a bad reputation for yourself evidently through past actions.
More importantly, in the world of smash, you are not the God among insects but the insect among gods, an insect that must soon learn a little respect or be crushed underfoot without a second thought. (that is not a threat but a warning, please take it as so)
what happends now is completely up to you, HOWEVER, if you next post does not read something like "Can I PLEASE be in x crew...." then your making a mistake.

PS Dont say sorry online, its too hard for you to sound sincere. What you need to do is keep your posts strictly on topic and if you ever go to a meet, say sorry in person, TOO EVERYONE.

hope this stops all this stupid crap once and for all

planetstereo

Smash Ace
one suggestion for the stage list, get rid of shadow moses. for the simple reason that it is impossible to kill yourself. i had to kill the other person which sucked cos of stale moves. ban the level in crews to make it fair
Stage selection is like DC right? so each player has one stage cancel with all the counterpicks included....not so bad you can stage cancel if you get SM...

Besides, there are other stages which are just as bad (cough* cough* Skyworld)

EDIT: dang sorry guys, im honestly not trying to spam, tried to change above post and it created a whole new one, sorry for three in a row....

Top Bottom