• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I like to JC shine from shield against Falco usually after a dair => shine.

Umm...edgeguarding Marth if he tries to up B into you just shield and JC shine.

What's the best way to get back after a ledgetech? Lately I've been instant walljumping to over-B but characters like Marth can usually edgeguard you anyway. Maybe just tech to airdodge onto stage?

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Well, after a tech most likely you can just Over-B directly into the ledge before the lag from his attack ends. Or you can continuously do it until they or you mess up. Against Falco, the matchup isn't horrible, since he can't pillar you, he can't DThrow you, and you also have a lot of good combos from throws. Also, you have the all-purpose shine to gimp him with. If he tries to pillar, you can Nair him, or shine.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
After you ledge tech jump sweetspotted illusion is pretty good , probably the best .
what i sometimes do is bair immediately ( you have to be a bit fast so that the bair hits
the edgeguarder) but this is only a bit showing off
quite risky indeed.. however the opponent will most likely be unable to shield/crouch because of the lag on the move he used that made you tech. The best possibilities when teching are IMO either normal tech + illusion at the edge or techjump + illusion on the stage/ Firefox at the edge.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Sweetspotting marth= Edgehog to edgeroll

Nonsweetspotting marth=as Shai said, cc to shine if you are low enough damage, it works decent enough.

As for most marths saving their second jump till the last second, its mostly true..so fox needs to be abit crazy as far as hitting him when hes returning unless you want to wait till the last second.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
What's the best way to get back after a ledgetech? Lately I've been instant walljumping to over-B but characters like Marth can usually edgeguard you anyway. Maybe just tech to airdodge onto stage?
Or you can be really tricky and aim for the ledge with Fox's over-B instead of over the stage trying to hit your opponent just to mix it up and be less predictable.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
not really. If you over-B to the stage, next time you walltech jump, they'll expect you to go towards the center of the stage. It's just a mindgame.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
The hard part is timing the waveland in accordance to how far you jump after the tech. For all you know, you wouldn't be able to clear the edge's height because of where you teched and just die. I don't think its really worth the risk, however flashy/effective it might be.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
the wall jump sends you really horizonally, and i don't think it's possible to make a nice waveland onto the stage horizontally, i'm pretty sure you can only do a really crappy one from above the stage. Maybe if you wall jumped from way below the edge you could do it, but not from an edgetech unfortunately. Unless i'm just really bad at it.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
the wall jump sends you really horizonally, and i don't think it's possible to make a nice waveland onto the stage horizontally, i'm pretty sure you can only do a really crappy one from above the stage. Maybe if you wall jumped from way below the edge you could do it, but not from an edgetech unfortunately. Unless i'm just really bad at it.
I think you can cancel wall jumps into special moves and air dodges. This means as soon as you wall jump, immediately air dodge.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you can cancel the walljump with an air dodge, it's just that it sends you really horizontally first (putting you way out before you're high enough to waveland). Like I said, maybe it is possible, and i'm just really bad at it. All it looks like to me is that you can get a really crappy one from well above the stage, which is all i can get it to do.

You usually only can get a crappy one. But if you get the WD animation in the end at least a little bit, it's still good. :p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I s'pose.

I still S'D on attempt so...yea theres no real point in fighting it. A multiplicity of other, safer, methods await my interest =D

D

Deleted member

Wall jump tech, then waveland onto the stage from it and shine or something. It's hard.
cape came up w/ that in 2005 w/ mario's up B wall jump glitch in there, which is harder but also mario's WD is easier.

I don't think he had much success with it.

Brookman

Smash Hero
When you CC make sure that you are holding towards the edge and down, otherwise you may be pushed out of range. etc?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Just shield and then shine from shield. This is better than CCing since you won't take damage.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
new idea i came up with today (didn't get a chance to see if it works). Fox cannot light shield edgehog fox/ falco since he can't get to the edge fast enough, but he might be able to light shield as if he were going to edge hog, but immediately shine once you leave the stage, causing a shine spike. Dunno if it works yet, but it'd be pretty cool.

new idea i came up with today (didn't get a chance to see if it works). Fox cannot light shield edgehog fox/ falco since he can't get to the edge fast enough, but he might be able to light shield as if he were going to edge hog, but immediately shine once you leave the stage, causing a shine spike. Dunno if it works yet, but it'd be pretty cool.
You'd be tumbling if you fell of the stage, scotu.

You could power shield then shine immediately. :p

Or if a marth doesnt sweet spot, and youre dashing towards the stage, you could sheild his up b and let go of the shield before you fall off, but still fall off because of the momentum (unless you hold the shield too long) and then shine him, since the up-b already hit your shield and cant hit twice. too situational for its worth.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Or if a marth doesnt sweet spot, and youre dashing towards the stage, you could sheild his up b and let go of the shield before you fall off, but still fall off because of the momentum (unless you hold the shield too long) and then shine him, since the up-b already hit your shield and cant hit twice. too situational for its worth.
Wouldn't it be easier if you just did a full hop nair so you avoid getting hit and come down with a nair?

takieddine

Smash Master
fastest move+ invincible frame give you infinite priority...

CC shine is best if you can't time it right...

or WD back into JC shine. but this requires more timing than you'd need.

Brookman

Smash Hero
This works on mario, and probably a few other characters.

What you do is this:

Use a dash grab or dash attack and hold z so that you end up on the very edge while facing outward from the stage, make sure you're holding away like you're doing a normal light shield hog. If mario doesn't perfectly sweet spot you will be pulled off the stage, and, for the first frame you are out of your shield you are invincible. In this frame you can shine, which will flat out kill mario.

This shouldn't be used in tournaments though, but it's a funny/cool trick >_>

Also, you can light shield edge hog fox on fox. PC has done it to kdj, they just have to up b parallel to the edge, and go straight to the edge.

Powershield to upsmash for the ****ing win.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I think you can do anymove out of the powershield but I'm not sure if you need to JC it or not

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
This works on mario, and probably a few other characters.

What you do is this:

Use a dash grab or dash attack and hold z so that you end up on the very edge while facing outward from the stage, make sure you're holding away like you're doing a normal light shield hog. If mario doesn't perfectly sweet spot you will be pulled off the stage, and, for the first frame you are out of your shield you are invincible. In this frame you can shine, which will flat out kill mario.

This shouldn't be used in tournaments though, but it's a funny/cool trick >_>

Also, you can light shield edge hog fox on fox. PC has done it to kdj, they just have to up b parallel to the edge, and go straight to the edge.

Powershield to upsmash for the ****ing win.

Thats alot of really useful information. Man, I love this ****ing thread.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I remember that on one of the post brookman made when he was starting this thread he said that this isn't an advice/question thread or something(or am I wrong?)

Top Bottom