• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Talk About Being Good: A Rant

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. If by sandbaggin me you are saying not wobbling or planking me, umm, I would not complain about that. If you read my posts I don't like or have much respect for those tactics, so I'm not going to feel cheated out of a real match if the player opts not to use those strats against me. I'd also like to make it clear that I fully respect the rules and would never even ask them NOT to use the tactics because they have the right to do it. The point is that it is their choice whether or not they do it, and I withold the right to respect people more for playing the game with what I consider more dignity - again, just my opinion.
no im fine with that. some techniques are really gay and can suck the fun out of smash. I tend to agree with your sentiments. playing gay is gay lol, but winning is important. honorable is like when kage held back on his cg vs that sheik (idr who) even while getting cg.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rob, you're my favorite player ever. <3

Threads like this, and your IRL rants at tournaments are enough to make any nerd-raging smasher feel happy inside.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
no im fine with that. some techniques are really gay and can suck the fun out of smash. I tend to agree with your sentiments. playing gay is gay lol, but winning is important. honorable is like when kage held back on his cg vs that sheik (idr who) even while getting cg.
That's 'cuz Kage plays Ganon, and Ganon is Captain Falcon's clone in this game; therefore Ganon must be a gentleman as well.

Pi

Smash Hero
i lol'd hard and stopped reading at "real skill"

anyone else?
lol@read

I have my whole post thought up by the time I finish reading thread titles.

Thank god they have that post reply button at the top, scrolling down through all those blocks of texts I ignore would be really cumbersome.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It was a crock in the first place, you obviously know his bringing up of the term was spawned from something I said, don't you? With that in mind you should at least know more about the subject.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The meaning behind true skill and real skill and the content that came from it are one in the same so I don't know where you're coming from Mr Reaper.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
his title has been that for a little while.

I thought he dropped "the phoenix"
Yeah, that's what happened. And I miss the blue dude he had as his avatar. :( I was quite fond of it. And if you guys want to talk about being the ones making up names, I used "blobbling" first AHAHAHA >:] link

Though I think it's a conspiracy and SWF doesn't want people to think the first person to use the word was some random '10 nub with 215 posts; I tried searching and seeing if I was the first, but they leave me out of the searches. :(

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Believe it or not...we live in America. In America...usually the best players are hated. (With a few exceptions)

Wobbles post was pretty on point. Sometimes "hating" on a player is the "cool" thing to do. "aka Jusin Wong" hate that he gets in America. The hate that most tournament players (The top or close to) get from non-tournament goers. Heck...the Ken hate, xD.

Sometimes the hate can stem from attitude, but when a person is mad chill.....it's just on the fact that they stick to what wins....that's not right. =/

JPOBS

Smash Hero
wow, how quickly people forget

everyone hated M2k when he first started winning. Same with mango, when he first beat m2k, east coast HATED him for like a year lol, and m2k suddenly became the lovable underdog.

Ken, LOL, prolly the most hated smasher of all time.

I'd say P.C Chris is the only one to be pretty much unanimously loved
edit, and isai lol

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
everybody loves mango
That's a terrible show.

People love PC because he's the comeback kid.

People love Isai because ..... this needs no justification.

People that win a lot, well they're good. Those that don't win as much, well they aren't as good. Guys that lose a lot, they aren't good.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Why's that "m" bold? lol. Wait, WHY IS THAT "G" BOLD?

And Azen plays Falcon; there's no way he can play gay

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
none of you guys posting werent around for this, but people definitely liked and respected m2k a lot more after he got good than before it

that kid got **** like you wouldnt believe when he was bad at this game

null55

Smash Master
Sheiks the only gay character in the game.

yes and what a gay ****ing ***** she is.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
ive always been all about the top players. except when mango beat m2k. i was pretty sour about that. m2k's my hero.

also how does azen play gay? ive played him before. he seems to just have perfect spacing... nothing gay about that.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Lets pretend two ninjas from two different schools were trying to kill each other.They see each other! Ninja "a" jumps thru the air as he unsheaths his sword. Ninja "b" looks at ninja "a" and prepares himself for the oncoming attack hesitantly.Then out of nowhere ninja "a" does three black flips and dives towards to ninja "b" swiping his sword at a rate of 5000 swipes per minute! Ninja "b" says #$#% this and pulls out a shotgun and shoots ninja "a" in the head...

Was ninja "b" gay or just smarter then ninja "a"?Was he less honorable or did he properly represent his school and did them proud? The object of a ninja is to kill and kill efficiently or to use a sword because he is a ninja?

Sometimes I think that when people scream gay tactics what there really saying is "**** that guy was smart". lol..

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
idk but if ninja "a" won, he would have been a ******. Like Melee, the ones who play with **** are revered as such: ****. But people who play sans **** are gay. In either case, the winner wins, lol.

Top Bottom