• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lesbian, Gay, Bi, and Transgender Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Alright, here we go again. As Crimson King advised, the week of cooling down and reflection has passed and the thread has been opened again. After talking with some members who matter, I believe this can be something positive again.

Here's the first post from the old thread as I believe it the point of it still holds true.

I made this thread akin to the [not so] recent Married Smashers thread. The Smash World Forums is a place with a great and diverse community with many different kind of people, so maybe this could help bring together other LGBT people in Smash community. I'm not sure how this'll turn out or what will be discussed. (School life, home life, coming out, relationships, LGBT rights, etc.) [And hopefully this isn't flame-bait. Please be nice.]

As was said before, it's hard to come out in a environment like this; a bunch of high school to college-aged gamers, but personally I think it would be neat to find and chat with other people who share two similar important qualities; being LGBT and a love for Super Smash Bros. So yeah, I don't know if it'll be popular; if it isn't, it'll just get buried in the doldrums, but I'd thought I give it a try anyways.
And a word from our sponsors...

Crimson King said:
In the new thread, there will be some strict rules:

NOTHING off topic. Ie. Do not talk about your day, your favorite character, post pictures, etc.

NOTHING even remotely sexual. We can honestly get shut down for this, and I got into a ton of trouble when I allowed it with spoilers.

No flaming. Period.
So there you have it. No off-topic chatting. Let's just keep discussions going and tell relevant stories and all of that. And just to make it clear, everyone is more than welcome to post, no matter of your orientation or anything else. I called this "Gay Smashers" just because I like it better. It's encompassing. Later days.

Hiemie edit: And I changed it to LGBT smashers because it doesn't alienate the REST of the community. Keep it that way. I mean it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Diabetic Yoshi said:
On-topic:
-Anyone that posts an introduction of themselves,
-posts concerning adversity or discrimination one may have encountered,
-posts of general encouragement (usually accompanied by smilies),
-posts about relationships and dating and the like,
-posts regarding general gay items and issues (gay media or gay events),
-picture posts are ok, but keep in mind this isn't myspace,
-one final rule to keep in mind is that every post must have something relatable to the main topic, which brings us to...

Off-topic:
-Obviously hate posts and anything involving discrimination from others
-posts with little "how was your day" chatter, there's even a specific topic for that
-posts about movies, games, anime, music that isn't gay-related: one post may be fine so long as the following posts aren't all about the same thing
-back and forth posting between two or three people gets annoying to read and isolates others: if you're already half a page down and you see your name more than three times with someone else, consider PMing or AIMing
Just to remind people... anyone is welcome in this thread: Gays, Bi's, Lesbians, Transexuals... all of you... AND also the straights that support y'all.

Just no hatin' ;)

B.U.S.

Smash Cadet
Oh lawd; fix the misspelled title.

Uuuuhhmmmmmm... I'm 16, been with my boyfriend for almost a year, immensely pleased with the relationship, hope it's not too weird he just turned 20, got 5 brain cells, and doesn't afraid of anything.

I figure someone's gotta get this thread going.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Later days.
I hated that show.

Anyways, IT HATH RETURNED! I'm too incredibly glad this is back - in the meantime this thread had disappeared I had:
  • come out to my mom
  • come out to my uncle/father
  • and come out to my brother (as he found certain "content" on my computer)

This just leaves my real father to tell really. Though I don't know if I'm going to wait for a "good" moment or tell him as early as possible...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I'm too incredibly glad this is back - in the meantime this thread had disappeared I had:
  • come out to my mom
  • come out to my uncle/father
  • and come out to my brother (as he found certain "content" on my computer)

This just leaves my real father to tell really. Though I don't know if I'm going to wait for a "good" moment or tell him as early as possible...
Wow, quite the week for you. How did everyone take it?

A little recap on myself:
- first 'came out' on Smashboards around Christmas (I think?)
- came out to family/friends at the top of April (sorry jesus). Still don't know how much of my family even knows: I don't see them often and we haven't talked about it since I told my mother.
- had my first gay kiss a couple weeks ago. It was great, but now I've gotta let the guy down because I really don't want to pursue anything with him.
- falling for someone over the internet. I know it's stupid because of the distance and national borders, but ahhh... I just can't stop thinking about him.
- pictures here and here. New one here. I'm assuming, CK, that we're okay to link pictures in a post, so long as we're talking about other stuff?

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
So I know I didn't post much in this thread before... but I feel so happy about my recent situation that I have to let everybody know that although it's kind of early on to tell, I may have found.... someone very special, possibly the one ^_^

He found me on my myspace account... he is very beautiful and is a hardcore gamer, he has a wii and brawl, loves jpop and jrock, also loves making yugioh decks XD, and is overall a huge dork just like me. he lives about 4-5 hours away in kentucky, a state beneath mine, but he says he is ready to leave where he lives and that he can get a job wherever he wants once he gets his CCNA degree... he's just so much like me in so many ways and we both really find the other person adorable, and after being badly hurt with my first relationship a year ago i am so glad this is finallly happening... this person is vey financially secure right now and if they had that degree they could be making tons of money with it.. which means we could easily find a place together near where i live right now... i am just elated :)

i am planning on visiting him in a couple of months, and i really hope we connect strongly when i do ^_^

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Finally it's back. Also, just o alert anyone, you don't have to be gay to post in this thread. I'm a straight supporter of it . And congrats, Kyari. I hope it all goes well.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
haha, well i say that because it shows they have the means to move to where i live if we decided we were truly right for each other :p it's just a really really great thing to know :)

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Huzzah, jubilation, warm and fuzzy feelings for all, with a side of cupcakes.

I am one Faora Argus Meridian, healer and hydromancer of Renthani, graduate as Protector from the Syrina Magic Acadamy with honours... wait a second, that's not right. That's what you get for using as your internet alias the name of a story character of yours, isn't it?

Call me Fae, everyone! I'm a twenty-one year old Australian guy currently living in the States, after having moved there to be with a very nice guy. The relationship fell through but I'm still here (God only knows why...), and am hoping to remain for some time. I'm gay, through and through, and I've been open to it (to myself, at least) since I was seventeen.

Now, let's hear it for a Fae summary of gay events of his life, in super-speedymotion!

- Met a nice boy when seventeen. Was open-minded, and developed feelings for him.
- Was left by nice boy cause he said he wasn't good enough for him. D'oh.
- Engaged in *censored* activities with a bi friend because I was depressed and upset and didn't give a rat's arse. For the record, the second-most regretted thing I've ever done.
- Engaged in a long, LONG distance relationship with Current Roommate #1.
- Broke it off with Current Roommate #1 due to a number of issues, not least of all his want to sleep with every cute guy he ran across. Double d'oh.
- Hooked up with my first nice boy again, with some more experience under my belt.
- Was left by first nice boy again, for the same reason, with some family blackmail thrown in for good measure. Boo! Hiss!
- Stopped calling myself bi as a way to save face. What's the point, when you lie to yourself?
- Met an amazingly lovely and very cute (and tasty...) boy and hooked up with him.
- Was eventually left by Lovely, Cute and Tasty Boy (sounds like a superhero sidekick, don't it?) because of home stresses and the fact that I wasn't what he wanted, and wasn't good enough. Painful d'oh.
- Met... potentially someone who could have been the love of my life. Story withheld. C-1 Authorization required for file access. Enter Password: ____________
- Have ****, will travel. Moved to the U.S. for fun and profit. Oh, and to hook up with Current Roommate #2
- Broke up with Currrent Roommate #2 (twice) because he was being a ****, and not the fun kind. Still live with him though. And the other one, too. Very odd, that.

Lessee... oh! I've been ***** (unconventionally) on... five? Five seperate occassions now. While I'll continue to withhold information on the events until I really know someone (and only share if they REALLY wanna know), it's worth pointing out that there was no physical harm inflicted, and my mind's already buggered up something fierce from a hundred and one different other things, so I cope rather well.

Family? No family, just a bunch of ****ers I'm related to. *chuckles* Mother accepted and encouraged me to be who I was in private, while turning me into the butt of every joke she could make in public, ridiculing me at every turn... not surprising, if you were raised by her. Dad though was accepting, which is the nicest thing he's ever done for me, and I definitely appreciate it. He took it brilliantly, and said he didn't care who I loved as long as I loved, and that I was still his son. D'aaw. My extended family doesn't know unless mum told them, except my aunt, with whom my mother had a fifty buck bet going to see how gay I'd turn out. I still say I'm bi so my aunt gets the money. I like my mother slightly less than her.

About me? I'm a gamer (watching Microsoft's E3 Press Conference on live stream in a little over a half hour, heh) first and foremost, a procrastinator second, and for the most fun, I'm a writer third. Yes, I write! It's been a passion since I was ten, so... not going to abandon it after almost twelve years of writing. Currently writing a novel including my namesake character (not as lead, but support), with a view to publishing, private at least.

... I didn't break any rules, did I? Introduction post... or something. Yeah?

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
I think its great that such a thread exists here.
To trade experience about/with gay people.
So many people think really bad about gay people, and look down on them.
If they would have ever talk to one, they would notice how nice these people can be.
It's horrible to read what some people say(or do) about gays.
Like a man who was very into christ and stuff, said that gays are evil and should be "changed" to help them get off the "path to hell".
And that gods judgement would soon come upon them and all those who support them.

I told him, that if god really doesn't want gays, why did he let it happen in the first place?
And if it was an accident(But then again, where talking about god!), why couldn't he stop it right now?
I don't believe he's too powerless for that.
And I don't believe on such "accidents".
Which means to me: God supports gays.
I believe, that god loves and his children all the same.
Whether Gay, Bi or hetro, if white, black, red or yellow.....

After that he said that my case isn't hopeless and that he would pray for me(lol), that I find back on the "right" path.
We both are diffrent though.
He follows the path of the bibel.
I follow the that what my heart tells me.

At youtube someone said this once:
"This is exactly why Matthew Shepard got what he deserved when he was tied to a fence in Wyoming and beaten to death. ***gots today have no shame. They must be eradicated, or at least beaten so far into the closet that I don't have to see this ****. Why doesn't AIDS work faster?"

On some Youtube vids you see everyday these dicussions.

My answer towards this guy was: "I'm not gay and I've to tell you something.
Gay aren't human? Bull****, rather YOU'RE not human. Gays are human. They also have feelings and a heart and soul. Just because you don't like them it doesn't mean their lower that you. But that you say things like "Why doesn't AIDS work faster?" make you non-human."

That people say such things is sad in the first place.
It seems that many humans see the worthy of their existence when they can look down on someone."Hey! I'm not the lowest so I guess I'm pretty cool n' stuff."

How I can tell that?
Look around you.
When people talk bad about other people.

Examples:
- Gays
- "Emos"
- People who are from an other country.
And just everything that can be different than the own "group".

Many humans close their hearts and forget what actually matters.
Many say that it "Just fun" but that kind of "fun" is a poison that starts to spread fast.

What they don't understand is that it is about love, not (only) sex.
Or ist love determed by whats between legs? I don't think so.
Love comes from the heart.
And if someone says that he's gay, and takes pride for it, to me, thats a great person.
Great courage, intead of "following the wave" like other people do.

I'm sorry if this post is too long, I just wanted to make my personal statement for gays.
That I also support gay people. :)

EDIT:

Lessee... oh! I've been ***** (unconventionally) on... five? Five seperate occassions now. While I'll continue to withhold information on the events until I really know someone (and only share if they REALLY wanna know), it's worth pointing out that there was no physical harm inflicted, and my mind's already buggered up something fierce from a hundred and one different other things, so I cope rather well.
Oh no, I feel sorry for you.
How in the hell did that happen to you?
I hope that you have recovered from that.
Must have been horrible...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Aww.. *hugz* You poor guy. If you ever need to talk about it, I'm listening.

And thanks for the support post, Luxferre, for all that it was long and a little confusing at points ^^.

Once again, best of luck, Kyari. Wish I was financially secure enough to be whisked away :p.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
And thanks for the support post, Luxferre, for all that it was long and a little confusing at points ^^.
I'm sorry I kinda wrote without an correct order.
But as long as you have understand what I was trying to say, I guess its okay.^^
Sorry again for that.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
*shrugs and chuckles* I'm fine, don't worry about it. You learn to accept what you can't change and move on, and not let past events screw with you. I got off easier than a lot of people in similiar situations at least, so I can be thankful. For the record, four of the five events were me being taken advantage of while I slept, and the other was someone who refused to take no for an answer and wouldn't release me. I won't go into details.

Luxferre, welcome to the thread, and thank you for your support. Don't worry, it's obvious that english is not your native language, and you spoke very well.

Blink, the funny thing about me is that (at risk of sounding emo), I've learned how to look after myself alone. I find it very hard to talk about my issues with other people, though I often look to help other people with THEIR problems, especially in this kinda environment. I'm okay, and I get by, but I know a lot of people who aren't, and don't. I help me by helping them, if that makes sense.

Kyari, good luck to you with your guy! Long-distance things are very tough and I know that very very well, but at the same time, be cautious and wary of anyone online. *chuckles* I tell anyone I know online who wants to meet me to be completely sure of everything before starting those plans, and that's just to visit, not to hook up. So good luck, and I hope things go well for you!

Meno, wow. That's a whole lot of coming out to have to do in one week. Dare I ask how everything actually happened?

B.U.S, while a four year age gap isn't really all that big a deal later in life (five is my personal limit, in either direction), it can be considered something to wonder about, especially since you're still a teenager, well and truly. I know a couple people who pride themselves on getting younger guys and girls to fall for them, only so they can get a quick shag, or a consistant one. Still, you've been together for a year, so what do I know? Hope things are going well for you two.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm diabetic_yoshi, 19, in college, and gold-star-gay. I main Peach in Brawl, and dabble with Zelda and D3, or as I refer to them, "The Royal Trio of Kickassingness". I started posting in this topic right around March and was welcomed instantly.

As far as my "gay life" goes, I've never had a relationship that has lasted more than a month. Granted I've gone out with close to eight people, but none that I could consider "real" relationships. I'm really unlucky in love. :( I'm out to everyone but my immediate family. I'm just waiting for that special someone by my side to tell them.

Wow, one week and so much to talk about! It seems like everyone has been so busy, especially MenoUnderwater. I really hope the situation turns out okay in the end for ya man.

Lastly, huzzah to new topic! I just hope with a fresh start that more people will begin to post here. Hopefully nobody feels alienated and we can get more people to join the discussion. We are one of the closer-knit groups on the forum, but we always welcome new people with open arms (and an array of items and baked goods). I've got more stuff to post as well (pics and stories), but I've got work in a minute *sigh*.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Luxferre, welcome to the thread, and thank you for your support. Don't worry, it's obvious that english is not your native language, and you spoke very well.
Unfortually, it IS my native language.
I am a USA american, and lived til I was 8 in Michigan.
Then we came to Germany, since then I'm living here.
And the english here that you learn is for babies.
Most germans can't even produce a text on english,
Now I'm 17 and because of all that my english has suffered quite a bit.
Because I normally speak german.
But english is more important to me.
My main problem is that some words I have to look up so that I know how to write them.
Like "Unfortually".
Germans don't use these kind of words.
Sorry for my bad english writing.

Back to Topic:
No problem, I'm glad to support you guys, after all their are way enough that do the opposite.
I have one question, do you people here have experience with haters?
Like people who treated you guys bad because they didn't like what you where/are? (If I may ask you people that)

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll bite and post in here again.
My name's Maria Maxwell, aliased Lobelia Mk. IV. Say it with me like this: Loh-bell-ee-ah Mark Four. But most people call me Maria, Lobelia, or Lolo. One person calls me Queen Lololo. You know who you are. Anyone else who calls me Queen Lololo will be subjected to heavy fire from my Judicator. You have been warned.
I'm a lesbian transwoman, and I've been out since I was seventeen in both respects. My family is well aware of it, although the only one who takes it seriously and not as just "oh, he's going through a phase" is my mother, whom I dearly love despite all that's happened between us. I'm pre-op and have yet to undergo any hormone treatment. However, many people here will tell you that I pass very well. It's all in my hips. They always tell the truth...or....something.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The name's Heath, aka Xsyven. I'm 20 years old, and I've been out of the closet for about three months-- though I've had a boyfriend for about nine. :)

The first time I ever got drunk, I came out of the closet to my gay best friend, via make out session, followed by some hot rompin' nakedness. I won't go any further for the sake of the children. ;) Things've been history since then. We're still doing good, though things aren't going as seriously as I'd like them to be-- but hell, I'm not pressuring him. I'll just wait for the love to spread.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like this title better than "gay" smashers... because I really am not gay!

Anyways, as most of us know, I'm m2f transgendered... and not out to anybody except for my mom and best friend. My mom did not take it so well... She said she'll love me no matters what but that I'm just fooling myself, it's a phase, and I'm no feminine enough... This was based off of a crazy assumption she made on gender roles... Cooking and cleaning. Neither of which I've ever been big of. At the time that I came out to her and all of this was said my sister lived with us... She had a MESSY room and rarely ever cooked. -_-

Any "confrontation" we've had since has been pretty much the same way. Just a week or so ago I istarted "hinting" again, and it did;'t work... I know she won't accept me now... =(

But my friend, on the other hand is very accepting! She's the best friend ever! I came out to her mid-late May of this year... Unfortunately due to her new job my time of seeing her since I came out has been very little... We have a few classes together for next semester, though!

Beyond that, my "ultimate" chosen name is Emma. Ignore the "Sami" stuff I was talking about when I first came out here, that was before I came out to my friend, and basically an inside joke and hinting between us both... It's an long story... Emma is a version of the name I would have been given if I had been born right... and my friend decided it was the name she was going to call me! So I'm going to go with it... It's not a random name chosen because I like it... So you can call me Emma!

Otherwise, I'm 19 and a music major... as if my obsession with the bassoon hasn't given that away...

That's my "introduction", I wonder if anybody actually read it. XD

MojoMan

Smash Ace
oh, I forgot to introduce myself.
I'm 13, I'm a boy, and not gay, but I'm a huge supporter of this thread. I'm a total brawl and MTG fanatic, and my favorite animes are bleach and FMA.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Haha DoH, I forgot you changed your name to D'oh :p That's slightly funny.
Anywho, I used to post in the old thread back when it started. I completely support LGBT equality and rights, though I'm still trying to find a way to religiously justify why. Honestly, the concept of how certain Christians treat LGBT people really points out religious fallacies to me. But I don't want to delve too much into religion, since that causes conflict and flaming and messy argumentation. I suppose I'll apply to the debate forums for that.

Anyways, I really admire openly gay people, I think the coming out aspect takes so much guts.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
so... is that what forced the issue for ALL the people you told? or just him?
Well, just my brother. But it got me thinking to the point where I was ready to tell them if they asked. Instead what happened was I went out to go talk to this guy and got caught in a lie where I was supposed to be 10 minutes away from home - got there in 30...
So I decided it'd be better to just tell them then keep lying.

They've all taken it quite well btw - my brother especially.

I find this one really cute. :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, just my brother. But it got me thinking to the point where I was ready to tell them if they asked. Instead what happened was I went out to go talk to this guy and got caught in a lie where I was supposed to be 10 minutes away from home - got there in 30...
So I decided it'd be better to just tell them then keep lying.

They've all taken it quite well btw - my brother especially.
You're lucky then. A lot of people have FAR less smooth an experience. As long as it's in the past and all. congrats.

I find it incredibly dorky... but hilarious.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Hm...well...I finally found you! Haha, well, let me get started...I'm Heartless Prince Of Light, but my real name is Gary Ian Arnold Duran Garcia(LOOOOOOONG!), but just call me Gary, Ian, and please, don't call me Heartless Princess(You know who you are...xD), because I'm not heartless...unless you want me to be, then you got a Heartless Prince/Princess.
xD.

Hm....what can I say...I'm bisexual, came out in June, and loving it! When I found the original thread, I got sooooo happy and excited, and I made a LOT of friends whom I adore(you know who you are!), I've come out to everyone but my family,I'm not gonna go there until I leave the home! >.<, and yesh, I R RANDOM!

Hm...I've encountered those religious people who...tel people off in a rude and un-courteous manner...and I just flip my bangs out of the way and let my gray eye contacts do the talking, mainly by giving them "The Zelda Glare", as my very pervy friend calls it(Bless her perv-a-licious heart!),hm...I did fall for a straight guy...and he ended up being bi...and...If you want to know the rest(like some people already do) then...AIM me or PM me!

As for Brawl...I main Peach, and Zelda(my Princess Pummelers!) and I second with ZSS and Marth(HAWTNESS!)...I don't own Brawl yet...and I just sent my Wii to go get fixed...it was murdered...by an 11-year-old imp...(bless his heart too!)...and...I played it at Super-con(ROCK ON!), in which I went dressed up as Bridget from Guilty Gear in the first day, Princess Zelda on the second day, and Haruhi Suzumiya on the third day(OFF TOPIC MUCH?!), and I fel in love with it, so I can't wait until August so I can get the game so I can SHOOP DA WHOOP with mah PEACH BOMBERZ!

I am obsessed with The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya(SECOND SEASON, WOOT WOOT!), Smash Bros, and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni(Can't wait for teh third seezuns!), and I think Marth is the true meaning of sexyness(besides Blink, he's concentrated Sexyness, but Marth...*nosebleed/faints)

Also, on a more somber tone, I had read a couple of months ago about some minister that went so far as to blame gay people for the following tragedies:

"Gays were the cause for the India Tsunami and 9/11, and must be exterminated in the name of the Lord."

this was the cause of my friend's laptop being broken...she is Lesbian, and will soon be joining Smashboards!...yes, she actually pummeled her laptop in rage to the person and the laptop itself....

well...that's about it for me...anything else, feel free to AIM me or PM me!
my AIM name is Anatherius(since I don't have it in my profile...yet!)

and yeah, if you must know how I look like...This
Is
ME!!!!!!

Well, there you have it!
I hope I didn't get too off topic(PLEASE SPARE ME!!!)
>.<
TOO LONG FER AN INTREAUZDUCTIUN!!
CEILING CAT DOES NOT APPROVE!

Good luck to all of you!
*hugs everyone, gives candy and cookie bouquets and kisses in teh cheeks! to EVERYONE!*

Later Much!

Queen

Smash Apprentice
As for me, I only really browse and pop in if something catches my fancy. Since introductions seem to be the trend for the thread, I suppose I shall bestow mine upon you hapless readers.

I came out in a valedictorian speech during high school graduation. I got a lot of props for that and tiny bit of agitation, but nothing I couldn't deal with in some passive-aggressive way. I've never had a relationship and that doesn't bother me. That's pretty much it.

I love reading and writing (currently on the unabridged Count of Monte Cristo, which is ****ing amazing). I quote poetry when I'm tipsy... And I can only get people to play Smash with me when I'm intoxicated because that's when they feel they have the best chance at beating my Peach...(which isn't anything special...at all <_<).

Faora...you're hilarious, and congrats on dealing with your life!

Bassoonist...awesome.

Heartless Prince, I like you, but I've always enjoyed people filled with non-sequiturs and random.

Everyone else, I shall address at a later date when I don't have soup and Le Comte de Monte Cristo waiting for me.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I found the revived thread. I'm Lumberheartwood, but my real name is King. I'm a 16 year old young adult (going on 17 in November) who loves video games, talking & hanging out with my best friends from junior high who I love so much, enjoying what the world offers, and designing concepts, whether into literature or artwork. My parents goofed on my name when I started kindergarten. My dad thought it would be a cool name for me, since I was born with a Chinese name, not a Christian/English one, and he didn't think the Chinese one would suit me for my life here in the United States. I don't mind my name now but I used to get teased a lot in elementary for it. I got over it by the time I started junior high.

I moved to Australia to get away from my problems during my first semester of sophomore year in the United States. I found that year to be my worst of times, dealing with depression, apathy, and loneliness. I even tried, and I'm not proud of it but I'm glad I don't think about it anymore, suicide multiple times. I went to a high school different from where my best friends (from junior high) were going, because I made the mistake of listening to my parents about going to a brilliant school with an outstanding curriculars program. I advise those to not, for if you don't make friends there, life sucks completely. I didn't make any mates with the people since they already knew each other from their previous school and the people I did know from my junior high going to the same high school with me were vain, self-centered, and full of themselves. I blame myself as well for not being so open and being so shy to the nice people I met. Anyway, yeah, I hit my lowest point and I decided that I would rather much just do an independent study program for the time being. I needed to search for myself and reflect. If your more mature than the people you hang out, you seem to ponder on tons of things they wouldn't care or understand. My dad found the news with much grief and decided he would take a new shift with his company at Melbourne, Australia. I moved there and found much tranquility and serenity, not only in the places, but in myself as well. I coped and managed to find my inner center. I found my values and adjusted to my beliefs. That's also when I fully accepted I was a bisexual guy who had leanings towards guys. Please don't judge. I know you guys don't but still...

Anyway, my dad thought it was best we moved back to the States and here I am today. Beside being more honest with myself, I found my passions and discovered things I never knew if I had stayed a happy-go-round stupid teenager. So that's my introduction. I'm still dealing with depression but it's not horrid like before. It's more a feeling where I want to seek my curiosities and find out how to truly release my inhibitions once and for all. I don't know how to explain it; I'm sorry if I'm ranting.

Back to point, my parents have never been better seeing how grown up I've become in the last couple of years, and I'm still helping my brother adjust to life better, since he has Asperger's Syndrome. My parents thought he was just socially inept, but I know so much things they don't realize and while taking the time to search for myself, I went to find out what he might have. I researched books and the internet about psychological diseases, and from what I gathered, its led me to believe he has autism, at the smallest degree. It's not easy being an older brother with issues, but well yea, I'm surviving and this community means the world to me. I've been here since the beginning and its helped me dealt with so much. It's let me release my personal feelings and helped me gain more insight of the way the world revolves. I love listening to you people and your stories and personal lives, and I love to express what I feel back. I used to be a closed book, but after going through and surviving all of my ordeals, I feel so sane compared to the rest of the modern world, and so much liberal in what I do and what I truly believe is right.

Thank you everyone, I truly mean it. And to all of the people who posted so far and in the future, I hope your lives are happy and filled with gaiety. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I love listening and I always read everyone's posts here. Some were so mentally exhausting in the old thread, but that's just a grain of salt I take for a thread of such sweet delight. Again, I've never been so happy to be out to other people (for only a few friends of mine know and I have no plans to tell my parents/extended family; though I suspect my brother might know something since I had a trail of clues in my past and present such as watching Beautiful Thing and the BRAVO channel when I'm bored XP) and making friendships with those who understand or hear my history. Again, thank you everybody and I hope our community has become even stronger. (With the correct name now instead of just gay smashers. ;)

My AIM is: KingAsianPride (ignore it if it seems somewhat racial supreme; I made the name because my friend called me totally white-wash and ashamed of my Asian heritage when we were adolescents).

*O, this song is inspiring and the best way to word out how I feel about my life and about you guys and girls (minus the kiss, I've never kissed someone and I still need help/advice in that department):

I have climbed highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you, Only to be with you.
I have run
I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls, Only to be with you.

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing fingertips
It burned like a fire, this burning desire.

I have spoke with the tongues of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night; I was cold as a stone.

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I believe in the Kingdom Come
When all the colors will bleed into one.
Bleed into one; Well, yes I'm still running.

You broke the bonds
And you loosened the chains
Carried the cross
Of all my shame
All my shame; You know I believe it.

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...but I still haven't found what I'm looking for...but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Also, on a more somber tone, I had read a couple of months ago about some minister that went so far as to blame gay people for the following tragedies:

"Gays were the cause for the India Tsunami and 9/11, and must be exterminated in the name of the Lord."
Yeah, I know.
Again I have read something horrible what someone said about gays.
It was so bad it made me almost puke...
I don't think I should post it here..
It just sucks what people can say about gays..

I feel sorry for you guy that have to deal with these idiots...

Amide

Smash Lord

I'm pretty sure that's the guy that told everyone that Teletubbies spreads gay propaganda. Some people are real scary.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that's the guy that told everyone that Teletubbies spreads gay propaganda.
I'm hot for Tinky Winky. Love the purse.

But on the serious side, I've never had to deal with homophobic "idiots". I'm not flambouyant by any stretch of the imagination, and I doubt many people would know I was gay from a glance. Never done any public displays of affection or been to any gay rights events (bar Toronto's Pride, and that's so big it scares away most visible protestors).

As for what I read online.. Most immature comments I just ignore, while bible thumpers get the same reaction after a quick quiver of anger. The thing that gets me more than anything is when people ignorantly say that it's a "choice". That I find more offensive than just about anything.

MenoUnderwater said:
Thanks Meno ^^.

Sonic The Hedgedawg said:
I find it incredibly dorky... but hilarious.
<<;. You're too kind, lol.

Thanks for sharing your story, lumberheartwood (need a short form there.. I'd call ya' King, but that might get cunfuddled with Remo..). You've been through a lot for just 16-17 years and I have nothing but respect for that.

Queen: + another 10 points for reminding us about your pwn'age coming out. You rock.

Heartless Prince Of Light said:
and I think Marth is the true meaning of sexyness(besides Blink, he's concentrated Sexyness, but Marth...*nosebleed/faints)
*blushes* I've never been called "attractive" or anything like that before you guys on the forum. Not used to it.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Yay, I gotz me a new avatar! I've had that Yoshi doll since I was 8. BTW that's a girl scout cookie he's holding. :)

Which reminds me, if any of you are curious, a while ago I made a "Top Ten Reasons Why Yoshi Is the Gayest Videogame Character Eva!". It's harmless and I would post it, but I would like to PM it to a few of you guys first just to double-check. Lemme know if any of you interested. ;)

Oh and last but not least, pics of me!!!
This is the one from the last topic
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/bowls120/Picture005-1.jpg
Here's a new one that is actually older than that one
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/bowls120/Picture010.jpg
And yes, I do wear glasses. *gasp*

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Which reminds me, if any of you are curious, a while ago I made a "Top Ten Reasons Why Yoshi Is the Gayest Videogame Character Eva!". It's harmless and I would post it, but I would like to PM it to a few of you guys first just to double-check. Lemme know if any of you interested. ;)
Sure, why not?^^

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marth is not the pinnacle of sexiness. Heck, Ike's got him beat in all areas, hands down, except for "pretty boy". Being a pretty boy is not the same thing as being sexy. It's similar, but not the same thing.

It's like how "cute" isn't "handsome" either, though both are attractive.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Marth is not the pinnacle of sexiness. Heck, Ike's got him beat in all areas, hands down, except for "pretty boy". Being a pretty boy is not the same thing as being sexy. It's similar, but not the same thing.

I just think Marth is sexy because he looks like a girl. Ike doesn't look like a girl, therefore I don't find Ike attractive.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
lol, I love how you'll discuss symmantics even here :p. You rock.

Anyway, out of the Smash Bros cast... I'd do Link. Melee/SoulCaliburII Link though. Maybe Ike, if he'd keep his mouth shut.

And diabetic_yoshi: hawt pics.

EDIT: Xsyven, I've worn that thing all of like two times :p. Once for a film screening and once at Pride.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah yeah, we're all cute, and so are all the Nintendo characters. (Especially Mario.)

Now that we got that out of the way, anyone have any dates planned? I'm buying my boyfriend a sort of 'last supper' today, before he starts his work out routine, and can only eat protein bars and powder shiz.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*blushes* I've never been called "attractive" or anything like that before you guys on the forum. Not used to it.
I just died a little bit.

You're attractive. <3
<_< must destroy this usurper to the throne of sexy.

Hey bud I'M THE HAWT ONE.... ME ME!!!!! people just.... don't see it yet... yeah that's it. They just aren;t ready for the pinacle of human smexy that is "Sonic the Hedgedawg"

(hmm... let me know if anyone bought this)

.... *grudgingly sighs* I guess you aren't totally hideous probably.
Xyven said:
Dude, you often times wear a vest.
Shut yo mouth foo.... vests are win. Wish I had more occasions to wear them, but they're kinda a dressy thing for me.
Lobelia Mk IV said:
I just think Marth is sexy because he looks like a girl. Ike doesn't look like a girl, therefore I don't find Ike attractive.
what part of the phrase "marth is the prettiest girl in brawl" do people not understand :chuckle:

And... just so this post isn't TOTALLY off topic, yeah I have only one gay friend in real life who I'd actually call a close friend and, while he dresses stylishly, has incredibly gay interests and is, in fact, gay.... I'd have never guessed it had he not told me. I dunno... I guess that homosexuality is just a small enough percentage of the population that rarely do I ASSUME someone is gay upon meething them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom