• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lesbian, Gay, Bi, and Transgender Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
OMG, same here! Though the thing is I work retail, and I kind of force it to happen. I often get those soccer moms who hit on me, then every so often I get their closeted husbands that come in five minutes later and do the same! The funny thing is my manager noticed this uses it to his advantage. See, we're supposed to where these button-up shirts to work actually buttoned up, except in my case where he lets me wear it unbuttoned. The official excuse to corporate is I overheat too easily, the real reason is... sex sells! And it works, since I'm currently the top seller in my department on the west coast. And currently the most baited piece of meat to ever sell Wiis to desperate housewives (and husbands).

The whole situation is funny and depressing at the same time. I can't even go to work anymore without turning into a total s1ut. :(

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I wear a wifebeater under the button-up. I'm not that big of a skank. :p
...Win.
but yeah, question...what is a wifebeater?
sounds like a kind of drug...
>.<
Gah, I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY Too sheltered for mah own gewd...probably the reason I turned Bi...>.<'

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
A wife beater is a tanktop undershirt, which are stereotypically worn by men who would beat their wives-- like this man.

Anyway, I've got a curious question. How many of you considered yourselves gay before hitting puberty? Jes' wonderin'. I had crushes on girls all through elementary school, just because that's what little boys did. Then puberty kicked in, and everything changed.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
See kids, it's stuff like this that got the thread closed last time. And no, sugar coating your spam with hints of gayness doesn't mean it's okay. Stay on topic!
*rolls his eyes and grumbles* Never mind that one of your examples was talking about a Smash group... and last I checked, we were all Smash players.

Righto then. I demand to know what is considered on-topic here. Because I sure as hell don't know anymore, and if asking a collection of gay people what they think about topic X is off topic, then I'm just going to get the contact details of the people I like and shut my mouth here.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The idea of 'on-topic' for a thread like this is so **** broad that trying to define it so strictly is only going to strangle it. *grumbles* And yet, here I am, stirring up trouble again. Hopefully this'll be the last time, one way or another.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
*rolls his eyes and grumbles* Never mind that one of your examples was talking about a Smash group... and last I checked, we were all Smash players.
So homosexuals that don't play smash aren't allowed in here? No wonder Cashed never posts. (This part was a joke, by the way.)

Righto then. I demand to know what is considered on-topic here. Because I sure as hell don't know anymore, and if asking a collection of gay people what they think about topic X is off topic, then I'm just going to get the contact details of the people I like and shut my mouth here.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The idea of 'on-topic' for a thread like this is so **** broad that trying to define it so strictly is only going to strangle it. *grumbles* And yet, here I am, stirring up trouble again. Hopefully this'll be the last time, one way or another.
It wasn't so much the fact that it was smash related discussion, but the fact that it was totally random, blatant, shameless plugs for smash groups outside of this discussion. That, and the fact that advertising is against the rules as well.

As for the Sheik comments, what started as a joke turned into 5 posts of unnecessary banter about how Sheik's a crossdresser.

I don't know how you don't see it. The conversations I didn't quote were just fine, such as the stories of being hit on by older guys. It's not hard to notice what's off topic or not. It's not hard to tell what conversations are actually contributing, and which ones aren't.

Stop trying to make yourself look like a martyr, victim, or whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. (This part wasn't.)

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Believe me, if I was trying to make a martyr of myself, I'd be doing a much much better job of it. Nor am I portraying myself as a victim. I'm a confused, and slightly frustrated young man who is starting to wonder at the point of the thread.

Please. If it's so obvious, then I must simply be blind as a bloody bat, and I'd really appreciate the clarification. Treat me like an idiot. What is on-topic, and what is not? I want to know, so I know if this is a thread I want to continue to participate in.

If you're not going to tell me, then back yourself up and ease off, just a little. So far, you seem to be the only one complaining. You have a right to, of course, and I'm not going to try and tell you what to and what not to talk about. I just get a bit peeved when people tell me what I can and can't talk about, especially in a friendly group gathering as this thread is.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Please. If it's so obvious, then I must simply be blind as a bloody bat, and I'd really appreciate the clarification. Treat me like an idiot. What is on-topic, and what is not? I want to know, so I know if this is a thread I want to continue to participate in.
Gay stuff. :) Cute avatars, advertisements, and pointless gender banter can go to the LGBT Usergroup.

If you're not going to tell me, then back yourself up and ease off, just a little. So far, you seem to be the only one complaining. You have a right to, of course, and I'm not going to try and tell you what to and what not to talk about. I just get a bit peeved when people tell me what I can and can't talk about, especially in a friendly group gathering as this thread is.
I backed myself up in the original posts by quoting what was wrong within the last few pages. I'm the only one complaining, because I was the first one to get there. Meno and Blink agreed with me after my original post-- granted, they're a tad bit nicer than I am. ;) I just like this thread for what it was in the beginning. Great stories, thoughts and feelings that actually made me want to read the thread. Sadly, it's become a "HI GUUUUYS!" thread with no particular reason to pop in, other than to make fun of Blink's vest every once in a while.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Gay stuff. Sounds obvious enough, right? So, let's say, for example, a simple hypothetical.

There's this gay Aussie guy living in the U.S who's in this thread. Purely hypothetically, you understand. Anyway, he posts in this thread full of 'alternately sexually-minded' people, with a query as to whether or not they fit a common gay stereotype of being filled with... well, let's say 'creativity'. Now, would he, or would he NOT, be keeping on topic with that? After all, this hypothetical guy and his hypothetical conversation topic would be posed to gay people, about their creative endeavours, and the stereotype that surrounds them.

As I see it, by your simplified idea of on-topic as being discussion about 'gay' stuff, said hypothetical frustrated Australian gay smasher would be completely on-topic, as would those posting in response to his hypothetical query.

I adhere to forum rules, and I'm punished by forum mods when I do things on the forum I'm not supposed to do. So, with the last shred of politeness I have for the subject, I ask of you, please, do not tell me what I can and cannot talk about. I understand very well the rules, and the concept of on- or off-topic. I won't show similar restraint next time.

And people say sarcasm and frustration can't be properly expressed in simple text. Pshaw, I say. Pshaw.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think I've ever personally pointed you out for being off topic. Because like you said, you generally have a good idea as to what is, or isn't on topic. You just get mad whenever I tell someone else off.

IM me if you want to take this a bit further. ;)

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
*shrugs* Firstly, because it goes beyond me. I know of several other people who like having a little more leeway with their conversations here, have fun doing it, and still follow the on- and off-topic rules. Every reminder that we need to adhere to a strict, arbitrary idea of what's right and wrong to post is a slap in their face. I speak up, cause I can't keep my muzzle shut when something feels wrong to me.

Secondly, it was directed at me, by proxy. One of your examples of getting off-topic was a response to my creativity query, which we've established is a valid, on-topic discussion. To suggest that the response was off-topic would be to shut down the discussion, which traces back to the original query with the similar accusation. Perhaps accusation is the wrong word, but it's the only one that fits at present, and I don't have time to scan my mental thesaurus, heh heh...

I guess what I'm trying to say, is 'Chill out, man.' We don't need to be told so often that we're under threat of lock, or mod fire-death, or what-have-you. We're having a good time, casual conversation beetween friends about related topics... it's just such a frustrating killjoy when we're told that what we're doing, by doing that, is wrong.

I'd apologize for being outspoken... but I don't believe it's a bad thing in this case. Someone's got to sit up and take a stand when they feel something good, like this thread, is being stifled.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
All right, time to stop.

I really am no longer seeing the point of this topic anymore. Smash conversations go in the smash room, pictures and such go in their respective topic, then there is an LGBT Usergroup for general banter. So I really don't see the point in this anymore. I'll get a few more opinions before closing.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Getting back to Xsyven's question, yes, I knew I was gay right around 9 or 10ish. That was when the cooties went away and all the kids at my school needed to be in a "relationship". I just didn't see what the big deal with girls were. I didn't develop my first gay crush until I was 13, however. And my first gay experience was a hair shy of 16.

I usually have some funny anecdote whenever I post, but this time I don't. :( *creepy background music*

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
All right, time to stop.

I really am no longer seeing the point of this topic anymore. Smash conversations go in the smash room, pictures and such go in their respective topic, then there is an LGBT Usergroup for general banter. So I really don't see the point in this anymore. I'll get a few more opinions before closing.
This is what I was trying to prevent. As I said-- I know how these forums work.

We need to calm down, use the usergroup for any random talk, and preserve this for actual homosexual discussion.

Diabetic_Yoshi, the fact that you didn't see what the big deal was about girls means that you saw a big deal about boys? Or were you just not into relationships at all?

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Well like I said, I had kind of a two year gap that I wasn't interested in girls, but not yet fully interested in guys. Granted, I did "date" girls, but it was the middle school thing where you hold hands and leave it at that. Most of those girls I "dated" were just close friends.

Before puberty nobody really has any sexual urges. It wasn't until I hit puberty that I thought of guys in that way. But even before puberty I still felt more of a natural inclination to be with a guy, if that makes any sense. What I'm saying is I still somehow knew I was gay, even before I had a complete understanding of what it was.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Closing woul be a bad Idea Crimson King.

IMHO, this thread allows for networking. many homosexuals I know need, or at least would benifit heavily from a support net of sorts. really... a lot of them feel alone. I mean, joining the usergroup is ONE option but, not only is it not as accessable as the thread, but you also won't even see it unless you are actively searching.

The existence of a thread like this allows a smasher who is homosexual, bisexual or transexual to find others who share his or her problems and interests (not suggesting homosexuality is a "problem" but there are problems associated with it, such as ostracism) I dunno. I just think thatthis thread lets somone who feels all alone suddenly find a group of supportive friends where he or she can be completely open. So what if they don't talk about homosexuality the WHOLE time... it's still the only place in the entire SWF website where they can talk about it at all. And, sometimes, you don't NEED to talk about that... you need to talk about the other **** going on in your life and these are the only people you trust. to do so...

And, sure, you can talk to them via AIM... but you have to KNOW them first... and, where would you meet them if not here?

I mean... if you don;t want a thread that fulfills those objetives then, sure, close this thread... but no other thread can accomplish those goals... and, by it's very nature, this thread can't awlays be on topic... so I ask you, as long as it's relatively close to being on topic.. at least not filled with spam, then what's the harm in having it? Certainly less than the harm of NOT having it.

IMO, the pros of this thread far outweigh the cons. And, unless something occurs to ruin this, I'll stand by that oppinion.

I've said my peice.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I just think that infractions should actually be given out to those spamming, rather than making everyone else suffer. If the spammer gets enough infractions, they're banned, thus the thread gets cleaned up. :)

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Closing woul be a bad Idea Crimson King.

IMHO, this thread allows for networking. many homosexuals I know need, or at least would benifit heavily from a support net of sorts. really... a lot of them feel alone. I mean, joining the usergroup is ONE option but, not only is it not as accessable as the thread, but you also won't even see it unless you are actively searching.

The existence of a thread like this allows a smasher who is homosexual, bisexual or transexual to find others who share his or her problems and interests (not suggesting homosexuality is a "problem" but there are problems associated with it, such as ostracism) I dunno. I just think thatthis thread lets somone who feels all alone suddenly find a group of supportive friends where he or she can be completely open. So what if they don't talk about homosexuality the WHOLE time... it's still the only place in the entire SWF website where they can talk about it at all. And, sometimes, you don't NEED to talk about that... you need to talk about the other **** going on in your life and these are the only people you trust. to do so...
I think about the same.
Yes, their may be a Usergroup, but this here is much more open.
Even others can post here to tell their minds about that and to maybe learn how such people are.
Perhaps this can break down the one or other wall between LGBT and people who don't know anything about them.
Before this thread I hadn't ever talked to an LGBT or ever read about some of their storys.
It kinda brings everyone together, and thats what I think is important.
So, to me, closing this thread can't be a solution.
If you think its to "Off topic" and really have a problem with that, just perhaps
send out a word of warning to those who break the rules. (If it has to be that way)
But closing the thread won't be a solution.
Not at all.
With that you would also take away the option from LGBT to really talk open about problems ect.
A Usergroup may be nice but that again seperates LGBT's from other people.
I say it should be all open for everyone.
Therefore I think this thread is great and very helpful for a lot of people.

I hope you can understand that, Crimson King.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Honestly, I was too biased for this thread last time it was opened and I let way too much go. This topic is actually detrimental to any type of homosexual-straight bond that may be created by setting you above and beyond straight smashers, gay non-smashers, or anything else that this topic may violate.

Fact is we don't really allow topics about individual members or topics banning people from posting because it creates segregation. If it'd be up to me, it'd just be "Smashers" because whether you are black, white, straight, gay, or what, it doesn't matter to me.

If anyone has a problem with my closing this topic, I can be reached on AIM at: Xsyven2 (It was a joke when Xysven first got here that I became Xsyven2 and changed his profile to reflect it) or PM me. If you are not satisfied with that, please contact another mod for their stance on whether or not to close this.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom