• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Les Enfants Terribles- Snakes for Hire *Requesting Stick*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yo, this is Sinz. I am maining Snake as well. I am getting all the internet play stuff tonight or tomorrow.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'd like to join.

I was active on this board during the month and a half period when only the Japanese version was out. I'm a veteran Melee player, and have been playing Brawl since the release of the Japanese version in January. I've been maining Snake for about a month.

I'm not on the boards too much lately, but I did contribute quite a lot back when I was on. If you look at some of the older threads, you can see my posts. You can also ask PsychoMidget or others who were around during that time. I try to follow the Smash community on at least a weekly basis, so I'll surely make contributions from time to time.

I'd categorize myself as "decent" with Snake. I'm proficient, and maybe some would call me good, but I really wouldn't call myself that. If you want to judge my skill, feel free to message me for a WiFi match any time. (PM me for my IM handle.) I'm also up for fun and games and all that good stuff. ^^

It's great to see the Snake community growing! Together, we can flesh this character out into the full BEAST he was meant to be. ^^

Forum Handle: TSL
Brawl ID and Player Name:
(Yaoi)
Wii: 7034 7254 7133 2963
Brawl: 4596-9054-7072

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
I'd like to join this group as well, Snake is my primary main I play as him the most. I'm not bad with Snake, I'm pretty decent with him. I don't have Wi-Fi but once I do I'll let ya know.

Greedful

Smash Rookie
I'm practically new to the forums, but I've been playing Smash competively since the first SSB was released.

1.) I've mained Snake, step one complete.
2.) Been doing everything I can to find techniques, so far they've all been discovered; guess I'll have to stick to telling irritating advantages Snake has.
3.)
Aliases: I only use Greedful, nothing else since it's been my handle for years.
Friend Code: 4382-1728-6896, I'll try to be on whenever, but my Wifi sucks.
Reason: I had mained Samus in Melee due to her horrid speed imbalance against other people. You couldn't just pick her up and instantly start winning games, you had to learn every little advance technique in the game. Between the Super Wave Dashes and the Grapple canceling I could honestly say I had a lot of fun with her. Now in Brawl, Zero-suit is the way to go since her power-suit is practically useless in comparison. My favorite character went from a challenge to a "Waa nerf please".

This is where Snake comes in. He's exactly if not similiar to Melee Samus in terms of speed, attacks, and mindgames. In fact his mind games are even better, which is exactly why I've chosen to main Snake.

I'll try to be online so I can prove any "Experience" I have if you'd wish to test me.

didimao

Smash Rookie
id like to join

loc: bayArea, CA
fc: 2921-8759-0344
aim: haloosinayeshun

im lookin for some serious snake skills out there!!

doC15

Smash Rookie
I am interested in joining the guild. I would love to contribute anything that I can to these forums. The main reason I want to main snake is because I have been playing the MGS series since it has came out on playstation. I have even played (and completed) VR Missions and the NES version oooooo!

My brawl code is 1805-1866-8119.

I will play anyone on WIFI anytime. I am dedicated to maining this guy and I want to learn as much as I can from all of you

Oh and my gamertag is simply doC, located in Portland, Oregon. I have already added all of you lol, so now you just gotta add me :D

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
I'll Brawl you. Do you have an AIM? Go to user CP and add it to your proile, we'll set up a time to brawl there. Also change it so your character is set to snake (under "Edit profile")

Ruckus

Smash Cadet
South San Francisco, California, United States, No
Hey guys ive been maining snake since i unlocked him
snake has to be the ultimate fighter in brawl
all his ground moves have priority over other, his nair is an amazing aproach move, his fair is killer, up air kills anyone over 120 per and is great for juggling, smashes when timed correctly kill(fsamsh anticipate the dodge then release it in the opposite direction) mine games ? enough said... mortar slide is crazy..... and snake rarely dies under 150 percent.. snake is a dangerous fighter up close and from afar, imo THE best fighter in brawl.
you gta add me brawl code in profile im lookin forward to fightin other snake mainers ill add all ur brawl codes ,ohyea im in cali later guys

tsl

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the add. I also JUST noticed that you linked to the "C4 Sticking" thread that I did a great deal of rambling on, so I guess I'm not unfamiliar to you, hah. I guess all that blabbing didn't go to waste ... (or did it?) XD

Looking forward to playing all of you on WiFi. My Internet connection is currently down (fcking Verizon) but it should be back within the next couple of days, if not today. ^^

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Just did some Snake dittos with dOC on Wifi...two significant things I noticed about your style dOC:

- You've got great Nikita mindgames/maneuvers. That first match where you caught me in my cypher and controlled the nikita well enough to rack me up to about 100% before letting me get grounded was pretty impressive.

- Interesting/wise use of the fsmash. Nailed me haha.

Wish our matches were not so laggy though, but it's bearable. You were the first Snake ditto I've played, and the matches were quite fun. I think I should make a good-sportsmanship taunt though...I felt kind of silly with all these derogatory ones and you with your gg >.> sry about that lol.

P.S. - the ROB at the end was my bro, he kept bugging me to play. Note his tag read "Mojo", not "RJE".

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... yo, rusty. Add me. I'd like to Snake ditto you as well. I live real close to Michigan, too, so I don't think the lag will be that bad.

Besides, I need the practice. My brothers hate playing me because I'm obscenely good (as far as they're concerned, anyways. They're just casual gamers, so I don't get much practice, anyways).

dontaxp

Smash Rookie
-----Aliases (names and gamer tag)
AIM:DoNtAxP619
Brawl: DJT
-----Brawl Friend Code
4038-5832-6559
-----Location (At least state/country for wifi purposes)
California
-----Reason why you wish to main Snake (Optional)
When I first saw Snake I thought he was a joke. Then I saw various techniques used with him such as C4 Plant + USmash and I was completely amazed.

Anywho I'd like to join and practice on Maining Snake. I know he's a beast because you actually have to think as you play and wisely smash and such.

Yep :D

and If my Wifi wasn't so laggy I would actually play

EDIT: Apparently from the site, my Metal Gear name is "Buckshot Hippopotamus"

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Sorry to double post but I added a few things:

-Info threads on:
--The Solid/Crom Slide
--Snake Depreciation Values
--Snake Pressure Tactics discussion

-Header Image task. Details are at the first post, so help is appreciated.

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
add me

Brawl friend code: 3394-3262-4835
Tag: bad

I played MGS: twin snakes on the Gamecube and instantly loved the series. Snake was one of the characters that appealed to me when I got brawl I like that you have to think and play strategically like as if you're Solid Snake himself to use him to his full potential. He is just fun as He** to play as.

Hope to play you guys online.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
Please add me. I'm not a very good Snake yet but I hope to be soon. See you guys online...I hope.

Jeff: I'll pm you a cool Snake banner/sig/image/thing I made. I think it looks pretty cool.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
-Info threads on:
--The Solid/Crom Slide
So why is this called the Solid/Crom Slide? People have simply been calling it the Mortar Slide, and I think its a much more fitting name. Unless it's some inside joke I'm unaware of ...

People have been doing this technique since day one of the Japanese release (okay, maybe not that early ... but you get the idea.) It was literally one of the first Snake advanced techniques to be discovered as it's ridiculously easy to do. Anyway, my point is that no one really has any naming credits on this technique. I discovered it on my own, as I'm sure many others have, and the information simply found its way onto these boards like it should have. Nearly everyone's been calling it the "Mortar Slide" and I think it should stay that way.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so this is my first post on the site. I actually registered partially due to this topic. So here goes.

1) BloodyPuppy, Puppy on Brawl. My real name is Matt (Or Matthew if you prefer. Whatever)
2) Brawl FC: 0344-9019-5398
3) Location: Maryland
4) Reason for maining: Well other than Snake's undeniable awesometasticness (It's a word. Look it up. It's in the dictionary of awesome.) I'm a huge MGS fan. I got into the series with a rental of MGS3 and was hooked. I then bought MGS1, and more recently MGA 1 and 2. I plan on buying Subsistence and Substance soon. Snake's unique playstyle also seems to be working for me so I'm happy playing as him.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
So why is this called the Solid/Crom Slide? People have simply been calling it the Mortar Slide, and I think its a much more fitting name. Unless it's some inside joke I'm unaware of ...

People have been doing this technique since day one of the Japanese release (okay, maybe not that early ... but you get the idea.) It was literally one of the first Snake advanced techniques to be discovered as it's ridiculously easy to do. Anyway, my point is that no one really has any naming credits on this technique. I discovered it on my own, as I'm sure many others have, and the information simply found its way onto these boards like it should have. Nearly everyone's been calling it the "Mortar Slide" and I think it should stay that way.
I've heard Solid Slide alot more often, and Crom-Slide is a bit of an inside joke seen when JP Brawl came out. Seems like a trivial edit but if more people bring this up then I'll edit it.

Ruckus

Smash Cadet
South San Francisco, California, United States, No
hey add me plsss this is my second request i need to test my battle skills against other snakes not trying to be an idiot , but i relly think i can take any body in one on one. ive only played good players that dont use snake
name: ruckus
fc: <<<<left srry wii internet cant copy paste

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Got you Ruck. Usually if I see someone on I just make a room and wait a few mins beating on sandbag to see if they come in >.> Just join if you see me.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
lol, someone get on soon. I'll be available for the next two hours, but then I'm done until tomorrow.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to add everyone in this room today.

Please tell me if you added me, I'll be on later. Like 8/9ish?

BTW: I'm SYND, Samus SYNDrome for the slightly slow...

tsl

Smash Apprentice
Aight b*tches,

Verizon finally stopped fcking up and I have Internet again. I will be on around 9PM Pacific tonight. I don't want my Friend Roster getting overloaded with people I never play, so I haven't added very many people from this thread - just the important characters like Highwind. If you've added me and my Mii and Japanese player ID aren't showing up, then it probably means I haven't added you. Just PM me if you want to play and I'll add you. (I'd prefer it if you included an IM handle in your PM as well.)

We should have a four-man Snake FFA. For Great Justice.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Jeff are going to be on tonight. I have a lot to learn about using snake properly and I want to learn by playing against you.
Yea but I am on a crusade to beat Boss Rush on Intense. I've been getting to Tabuu easy but he keeps taunting me with OHKOs.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Dylanbrooks (DYLAN or KAWAI)-----Aliases (names and gamer tag)
In My Sig -----Brawl Friend Code
Tennessee -----Location (At least state/country for wifi purposes)
Explosives ^_^-----Reason why you wish to main Snake (Optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom