• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Les Enfants Terribles- Snakes for Hire *Requesting Stick*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
"Les Enfants Terribles"

It's Showtime

Deadlypudding said:
he exudes an air of badassery that no one can deny.
________________​

May 2nd Edit:
-Slight update to Roster

-Any mods lerking in this thread, I would like to ask for a sticky. If only for the FC list, but also as a suppliment to a catalog to prevent reposts.

April 17th Edit:
-Added more publications to the list:
--Into the Fray: Snake Survival Guide
--Mortar Slide Dissertation
--Stage Control Guide

-Slight update to the roster. I'm starting to be skeptical of adding some people since it seems they just wanna have a code added and just ignore helping others.

________________​

Been planning this out for a while, but with Brawl out I feel it's time we opened Special Ops for the brave souls planning to take up the tactical prowess of Snake. Being the versatile mercenary he is, there have been many threads with information regarding his gameplay and will be listed near the end of the thread. With the sheer amount of players as well, this thread could also be used for strategy discussion, code exchanges for practices and possible discoveries amongst his wide variety of moves.

While I have named this a "guild" one can't really consider a mercenary like Snake a team player. Although if you wish to be regarded as a member of Special Ops it's relatively easy:

1.) Main Snake (DHURR)
2.) Help contribute relevant info around the Snake discussion board
3.) Fill out this info sheet ITT for wifi/interaction purposes
-----Aliases (names and gamer tag)
-----Brawl Friend Code
-----Location (At least state/country for wifi purposes)
-----Reason why you wish to main Snake (Optional)

Information Database​

Since the key purpose of this thread is Intelligence, we now come to the list of important threads containing key Snake information. These threads will be the main source of Snake Info in an effort to prevent repeat threads from appearing and so people can access the information faster.

Weekly Character Discussion- Snake
-Official tier discussion on the practicality of Snake for tournament play! A must see!

Solid Snake Discussion Thread
-Snake's Moveset and Applications Thread

The Snake Compendium
-Basic Discussion about Snake in Brawl

Grenade & Nikita thread
-Advanced tactics for the grenade and Nikita, two of Snake's special moves

C4 Sticky Strategies
-Be a cunning jerk, learn how to plant C4 on random suckers here

The Solid Slide
-Also known as the Crom-slide, learn one of Snake's unique and highly valuable defensive advanced technique

Snake Pressuring Guide
-Snake's a tactical genius, you can be too by reading this guide

Beating Intense Boss Rush with Snake guide
-Feel like testing your Snake expertise with Intense Boss Mode? Check up on tips here!

Into the Fray: Surviving with Snake
-Published by our own boy Rusty, learn the tricks behind Snake's moves to gain an edge in combat!

A Dissertation on the Mortar Slide
-More key facts on the mortar slide to gain precise handling on Snake's most popular tech.

Stage Control Guide for Snake
-Sure you know Snake's tricks and your opponent, but do you know how to control your surroundings?

Snake's NAir and DAir Guide
-Tired of messing up these aerial moves? Click here for a guide on how to land em.

Snake Depreciation Values
-Random numerical values for Snake's moves...Mei Ling should handle this kinda stuff

Snake Video Archive
-Archive of Brawl videos featuring Snake in combat from various players

English Codec Videos
-Hilarious vids of Snake consulting with the Colonel, Mei Ling and Otakon about the Brawl opponents

Metal Gear Names (Not a Thread)
-Get a spiffy MGS-Themed nickname!
Mercenaries for Hire​

Psycho ******- Resident Snake expert
Jeff Highwind- "Bandit Dragon" - FC: 0430-7966-5087 (Cali)
Saud- FC: 0688-4900-7337
Solidus51- FC: 1805-1834-5908 (Virgina, May cull due to lack of interest)
bman in 2288 - FC: 5198-2098-2390
Ahrezmendi / Mike / Raz - FC: 5370-0083-5528 (Cali)
abit_rusty - RJE - FC: 1032-0910-0994 (Michigan)
Snaaaaake!- FC: 4167-4169-7282
KJC2004- FC: 2062-8830-6176 (Cali)
g-regulate- FC: 4725 7587 1215
TSL- やおい- FC: 4596-9054-7072 (Seattle)
Greedful- FC: 4382-1728-6896 (Indiana)
Ruckus- FC: 3566-1220-9206 (Cali)
Hypeman- FC: 3394-3262-4835 (Texas)
LukeWarmHoliday- FC: 3308-4242-5069 (Indiana)
Sinz- FC: 0860-3082-6546
Snack- FC: 0989-1430-0795 (Massachusetts)
Deadlypudding- "RevDP"- FC: 5284-1093-9817 (Contact him before adding him)
Samus Syndrome- FC: 3995-6166-8865 (California)
ZeronX- YoY0- FC: 2664 1795 7245 (Canada eh?)
RyNo- FC: 0473-5740-5320 (California)
Da N- FC: 0473-5740-5320 (California) [AIM: drewcrew914]
BloodyPuppy- FC: 0344-9019-5398 (Maryland)
DonkeyPirate- FC: 3265 4808 7722 (Tehax)
Cho- FC: 0602 6263 7935 (Georgia)
sw0rd- FC: 1332-7435-9518 (Cali)
mr_kennedy44- FC: 4682-8220-0253(Canada)
Squall Leonheart- FC: 3351-4530-2971 (Canada)

(More to Come)

Special Ops Tag​
A free tag for those in the group who want to use it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Jeff_highwind/SnakeTag3.jpg

Hope you Enjoy​

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
This is looking pretty sweet, I like how you organized it.

You probably shouldn't be calling me a snake expert or anything yet because the game basically just came out. Although I'll be working on earning a title along those lines lol.

saud

Smash Lord
The Snake expert goes to Crom. He invented everything that has to do with Snake.

1) Snake is my main. I keep trying to improve by him, sadly I'm better with Wolf although I don't practice by him :/

2) If there's anything I can contribute, I will.

3) My real name is Saud, and is also my nick in the forum since I didn't think of one back then (I was a kid and this was the first forum I registered to :p) and is also my nick in SSBB (since it only fits 5 characters,) my nick elsewhere is smashfanDS. Friend code, Wii code, Location listed under my avatar.

4) Love the guy Solid Snake, was playign by him as a secondary character in the Japanese version (his Japanese voice only suits Old Snake imo.) But after hearing the awesome voice of David Hayter in the English release, I wasn't able to resist maining Snake (and my bro and cousins want me to main him too since his announcement :p)

Need a lot of practice, I still can't purposely perfect shield, and when I do, I end up not utilizing it. Need a lot more practice to perfect shield + C4 awesoem combo.

saud

Smash Lord
yeah, was member #2,000 something :p

Joined the forum a while before SSBM was released (used to only visit smashbrosmelee.com for info before that.)

Was fun, growing up with this forum :)

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping that the Snake collective would be called Foxhound, Outer Heaven or something else directly Metal Gear related. Special Ops is cool though....

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I was hoping that the Snake collective would be called Foxhound, Outer Heaven or something else directly Metal Gear related. Special Ops is cool though....
well you know... Ocelot does call it, "Special Operations FOXHOUND"

I think that he might have implied it in Spec Ops

If not he always can say he did hahaha

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice

.....but Special Ops is such a broad term.
What's the point of implying Foxhound, when you can just name it Foxhound? Or even Philanthrophy, since that's Snake's current affiliation. Philanthrophy is a group dedicated to getting rid of all Metal Gear units in the name of helping mankind. The Snake Guild's purpose is to help everyone who is interested in becoming a better player. That's a perfect fit in my humble opinion. Foxhound just sounds so much cooler than Philanthropy though.....

Damax

Smash Lord
oh? I thought it was les enfants terribles? ah whatever. expect me lying 'round here. Snake's my main together with Sonic. If I wasn't in S.S.S I'd be with ya guys. My roomate plays metaknight and Sonic/metaknight miss some firepower.. erm I mean killing moves yeah!

*subscribe*

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea the title is the one thing I had trouble with. I'm still working on a few small things such as thread banner and the title so in the meantime I'll be keeping a running tally on people's thought for a title.

Hanbot

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a pretty awesome group. Snake is definitely my favourite character in brawl, and i'll love to try and contribute as much as I can. I know this is my first post, and I definitely don't have a lot of say around here, but the Outer Heaven title for this group that was brought up by The Enemy would suit this group pretty well IMO.

GuMz

Smash Apprentice
ummm why not FOXHOUND? obviously someone needs to study up on there metal gear...

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. Nice. I'd like to join.

BTW, I have my Brawl friend code in my profile, under my name. Just look there. And I think I may have a little bit of Snake info to share, but I doubt this is the place to do it, so meh.

Hanbot

Smash Rookie
Foxhound can work too, but seeing that he left that division, anything Metal Gear related can pretty much be used

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Updated member list. Also:

ummm why not FOXHOUND? obviously someone needs to study up on there metal gear...
If you had a brain stem and lurked more you would've realized that Foxhound is not only the most familiar name but there are also other names people wished to use. First off, this post before yours:

.....but Special Ops is such a broad term.
What's the point of implying Foxhound, when you can just name it Foxhound? Or even Philanthrophy, since that's Snake's current affiliation. Philanthrophy is a group dedicated to getting rid of all Metal Gear units in the name of helping mankind. The Snake Guild's purpose is to help everyone who is interested in becoming a better player. That's a perfect fit in my humble opinion. Foxhound just sounds so much cooler than Philanthropy though.....
There was also the talk of naming it Les Enfantes Terribles (which was another important theme to the MGS Series) which I personally like very much. Since the title is up for debate though I just left it at Spec Ops until further review.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
There was also the talk of naming it Les Enfantes Terribles (which was another important theme to the MGS Series) which I personally like very much. Since the title is up for debate though I just left it at Spec Ops until further review.[/QUOTE]

The Terrible Children...yeah sounds good and it fits.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hm..why not lol...right away it felt perfect using Snake...so count me in :)

I usually go by RJ in tourneys and my gamer tag is RJE.
All my wii/brawl code and location info are right under my avatar over there on the left.

Why I picked snake?
1. He's pretty manly like my old main CF, hence I gravitated towards Snake when I first heard he was going to be in brawl.

2. Psychomidget inspired me when I first looked for snake vids. P.M. you're my snake hero! No sucking-up intended :p

3. Snake's got mine-gamez. 'Nuff said.

kevc

Smash Cadet
hey guys first time comin round here, i figured out some of the techniques here in the brawl practice stage in wi fi but willl be lookin to learn more from you snake players here

fc - 4897 5595 2972 and i go by KevC

lets give em hell boys

edit: lol gues i dont know as much as i thought just looked at some of the threads u posted, whats powershielding and does Down B move stick onto people or soemthing? i dont understand that thread about powersticking too well

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
edit: lol gues i dont know as much as i thought just looked at some of the threads u posted, whats powershielding and does Down B move stick onto people or soemthing? i dont understand that thread about powersticking too well
Power-shielding is timing the activation of your shield to sort of remove the recoil from an attack. You just use shield right before an attack hits. You’ll hear a clang if you did it right. Properly-timed power shields will nullify your recovery time from a physical attack, meaning you can retaliate straight away while your opponent is still in the ending attack frames. So, for Snake, if you power shield you have just enough time to c4-stick your opponent in his lag. (Yes, if you're within touching distance Snake sticks the c4 onto the opponent automatically instead of the ground)

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
I think that we should call it the "Sticky Squad", named after his C4. Lol, just kidding. Im interested in joining, i havent gotten my friend code off my wii yet, so ill grab it when i get home from work.

I am probably best with Marth/Pit, but my two favorites to play as are ZSS and more recently, Snake. Hes so fun and it has been said many times before but, he has so many mind games.

Nicknames :Raisinbran, or Dagger. I got by Dagger on the Wii (Daggr)

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
I'm for naming it Los Enfant Terribles.

When I get home today, I think I'll go and get my information for joining, I can't remember it all offhand. My nickname is Colin. I'd make it Snake, but that would limit my options. I'd look silly playing as Ike with my nickname as Snake. Anyway, I play as Snake because he rules, and he is an interesting, yet powerful charecter, a thinking man's Ike. I've only played easy mode of one Metal Gear Solid game (Snake Eater) but I unlocked everything on it, from patriot to stealth camo to inifity facepaint to EZ gun..

Ahrezmendi

Smash Rookie
Mein Info:

Aliases - Ahrezmendi / Mike / Raz
Brawl Code - 5370-0083-5528
Location - San Francisco, CA, United Stated
Reason for maining Snake - Because I'm a huge MGS fan, and because I think Snake has potential for the best mix-ups in the game.

I'll contribute what I can around the boards. Tough competition though, particularly with what PM is doing in those tourneys.

If anybody has gmail, my address is:
maikurus@gmail.com

I'm always up for chatting over G-Chat, to work out practice sessions or what not.

EDIT: My AIM is ahrezmendi11, that's probably better than GChat since I used Jabber.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Added the new members and updated the info list with a DAir and Nair guide to connecting all four hits. If you arent listed, list your friends code plox. ;)

dumpsterdiver

Smash Rookie
This sounds like a good idea. I'm in. I'm not really great yet, but who is, right?

I usually use dumpster diver, but my 5 char is DERP, and occasionally Boss

Brawl Friend Code: 4210-3710-8146

By the way, I'd like to submit my vote for Les Enfants Terribles.

I'll be playing around with Snake a lot, hope to find Snake some new moves (not that he needs any).

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Hey guys I just discovered a pretty awesome technique (or at least I think I'm the first because I've never seen anything remotely close to it done in any video) it's hard to explain so I'll post a video of it with in the next few days, it should be up soon.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of FC, when are you going to be on, Jeff? I'm thinking of adding you, with your permission, of course.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I'm on AIM all day if you wanna add me, but for the next 9 days of my spring break i'm at a place with moderately weak wifi so I dunno how my lag's gonna be.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
I'd like to add you too. (and officially join the Les Enfantes Terribles guild.)

EDIT- Also, below your avatar, how do you get that little image of snake?

SIGH, SECOND EDIT- My freind code is 4167-4169-7282

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
It's crazy. I main Link in Melee, but I have to say that Snake is my favorite in Brawl. Maybe I just love explosives?

toodaloo

Smash Rookie
Jesus...
The only reason i got brawl was to play Snake.
name: toodaloo/skmyd
fc: 5198-2107-7745

i dont mind dueling you online, you northeastish?

(btw, psychomidget yer videos are awesome, whats this new technique about?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom