• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hype!!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Well, this may not be anything mind-blowing or new to what we've already heard before, but I figured I'd post it here since it's still the most recent thing Aonoma has said publicly, anyway:

Eiji Aonuma - "Since we’re talking about open worlds, let’s state upfront that we don’t plan to have an open world in the same way other companies have been doing in recent years."

With the brief presence Aonuma gave of TLoZ for Wii U at this years E3, he had stated (as well as Miyamoto elsewhere) that although they do not prefer the term "open world", Zelda Wii U will in fact be very open and vast within itself. I believe a comment of the link I gave expresses how I myself basically view what they mean / how the game will operate (comment below in the spoiler tag):
"He means that they're taking inspiration from Zelda 1 rather than modern open-world games. In other words, it's probably not going to be a quest-driven (Elder Scrolls) or mission-driven (GTA) game.Progression in the game will feel more organic,much like it did in Zelda 1.(Where by the end of the game you had a bunch of different items and used them anyway you could to progress, rather than item stuck to dungeon format + sparing use in the future format we have now.You had to think about what you were capable of doing with what you had and figure out how to move forward)."
^^ That's more-or-less what I've been concluding myself at this point in time, though of course I do believe we will be seeing new game-play options and mechanics such as daily activities to collect items / complete small side-quests (just as an example, perhaps things such as farming and what-have you? Also in addition to having more expansive side-quests as well), an expanded equipment upgrade system, etc. I, as I'm sure the majority of others just feel that there will be a lot to do in this game and world. . . Main story aside (which is a good thing as long as it's not botched, and I don't believe it will be). I have a strong feeling that this game is going to be special.

Edit # 1:
I also have a good feeling that Monolith Soft is helping develop a part of this game as well (which really only comes off as a good thing). They've proven their team is elite with their experience, and needless to say, we all know what Xenoblade Chronicles was able to do on a under-powered console such as the Wii. The over-world and amount of content was massive, and the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles X has just recently been confirmed to be over 5x the size of the original Xenoblade Chronicles (which is exciting! XCX is my most wanted game after TLoZ Wii U, as XC became one of my favorite games of all time!), they really are Nintendo's team to go to if any for advice / help on creating a vast open-world environment.

Edit # 2:
Further information from the brief Edge magazine interview of Aonuma. His quote(s) below in the spoiler tag (also, for anyone interested, Miyamoto's diminishing thoughts on the "casual" gaming audience, and how he believes and see's Nintendo taking its game developing strategies / direction to their "core" audience):

Eiji Aonuma - "In the original Legend of Zelda, there was no clear way to lead the main character to his goal. It was something that we entrusted to the players to find by themselves. As the game later expanded into a franchise, the structure of the game worlds became more and more complex – especially with the introduction of 3D – making it necessary for us to point the player in the right direction. Consequently, progression in the games became more linear."

"To recreate a similar experience to the original, we have to give the game world a simple structure that players can understand intuitively. In doing so, it’s very important that we make every aspect of the world feel real and physically connected, so that it’s doesn't look fake. We can achieve this thanks to the hardware features of Wii U, but to truly get a deep understanding of the game world, we also need a real map that depicts the world as it is. The GamePad is very effective for displaying this, and thus also [for] providing players with a constant hint on where to head to. I think we can safely say that the innovations in this new game are only possible thanks to the Wii U hardware."

Edit # 3 (September 5th, 2014):
Aonuma has been monitoring fan-feedback and impressions on Hyrule Warriors from places such as Miiverse, and has noticed the positive reception towards the well-done cut scenes within the game (with some people saying things such as “Oh wow, I really love the cutscenes in this game! This is better than the stuff Nintendo does!”. Aonuma stated himself that he feels "a little conflicted" about this, and now looks for Zelda Wii U to hold its own in that aspect to Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
I am incredibly hyped for this, and it is the game that will inevitably make me buy a wii U somewhere down the line. I devour every last little piece of news I get regarding it, especially since it's Aonuma doing all the talking and I adore the guy.

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
That zelda footage at the game awards was incredible. It is so awesome that the world is that large and has such a great variety in terrain. The map looks awesome on the game pad and the waypoint system seems great. The game is simply gorgeous, and it is great to see living things throughout the world like the horses, especially since it is still clearly an early build. It is clear that a lot of detail is being put into it. The mounted combat and the jumping off the horse bullet time was so cool, but I wish we could see a bit more ground combat, but I can't complain. They showed quite a bit, but there is still a lot kept in secret, like the title or any plot. My hype for this game was already so high and this just raised it above and beyond

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IT'S WIND WAKER ON STEROIDS AND ON LAND

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
"Real horses don't run into tree's very often." ~ Eiji Aonuma

Hue hue. . . Aonuma-san is so silly. ;w;
Anyway, this was a pleasant surprise to pretty much everyone, I would imagine! The game, needless to say, looks absolutely beautiful. The world (which we haven't yet seen to its extent) is extremely vast and well-constructed; The grass looks beautiful (how it was brushing to the side and flattening as 'Epona' would run through it), the tree's, and really all of the shown environment. The mounted slow-motion jump off of the horse was awesome, and although brief and not extremely clear in visuals, I admired the design of the enemies they were showing the archery combat off on (presumably the Moblins / Bokoblins of this game). The Gamepad usage of the map is suffices for myself, and the beacon placement will be a feature that will come to be handy, I'm sure. What I believe made this game really stand out at the Awards (aside from it clearly being saved as and planned as the closing act) was the fact that it was blooming with gorgeous visuals and detail, and not just very one-dimensional, dark color palettes of the other big games (Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 come to mind). That, and on top of the fact that it was live-feed gameplay, and none of that scripted pre-rendered nonsense. I'm very proud of the direction Nintendo has chose for this upcoming TLoZ title (I feel the art-direction is prefect for the series, and it helps that I am a of Japanese animation to begin with, not to mention my favorite movie, "Princess Mononoke", which the game is very much reminding me of), and in general, them not succumbing to the general trend of 'realism' that plagues the rest of the industry today (to be clear, I'm not opposed to a more realistic style of game. . . There are just way too many mainstream in my opinion, and I'd prefer to see more game developers really try to make something inspiring and new).

Some things to take note of:

- I am hearing from some naysayers that the game looks a little barren, but keep in mind that Aonuma was not going out of his way to specifically explore, nor is the game even complete. I'm not personally worried. I feel the world will have more content than Wind Wakers "Great Sea", and I didn't complain about that much anyways.

- I couldn't help but take to mind that Aonuma said you can pick the Apples off of a tree and eat them. . . Naturally, I came to the conclusion that you would regain health, but perhaps they can also go towards being a collectible item for some kind of bartering / material, farming, etc?

- There was a Magic Meter below the heart gauge! Now, as this may only be the early beta / alpha stages of the game, things are subject to change (Twilight Princess prior to release had shown a magic meter too, as I recall), but I do hope that the magic meter (not the stamina meter from ALBW), and magic in general returns in some capacity.

- A lot of people are being reminded of Skyward Sword from the "Sail Cloth" item (naturally, sharing the same name), but it kind of reminds me a little more of the gliding with the "Deku Leaf" from the Wind Waker. . . A combination of the two, I suppose. Ha.

Last edited:

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
Ya I don't know why people are complaining about it looking "barren", I'm sure they didn't want to spoil the look of the villages, structures and NPCs in the world. There were clear cuts in the gameplay shown probably cutting from these parts, at least I'm hoping. Also this is clearly an early build so it will look different and more detailed at release. I really do hope we see the return of the magic gauge.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just to elaborate on what I said earlier, it does seem really clear as to why they gave Wind Waker a HD remaster now. They were getting us ready for Zelda Wii U.

-The open world that emphasises horse travel is much like the Great Sea that required the King of Red Lions in Wind Waker, only instead of a mostly flat sea with outposts in between the islands (which served as towns and dungeons in Wind Waker, for the most part), it's now a vast landscape with depth and topography.

-The "auto-pilot" mechanic for Epona is an extension of how the GamePad was used to enhance Wind Waker. In the original Wind Waker, you couldn't actually do much else while sailing. In the HD version, you could use the GamePad to organise items or check your map and such while sailing in real time. Coupled with the Fast Sail and the other elements of sailing that exist in Wind Waker, such as shooting things with your cannon, Wind Waker HD made the sailing feel like part of the game's natural flow, and I always felt occupied and it never took too long to get to places.

Now Zelda Wii U is taking it to the next level, by adding a custom way point system and allowing us to still perform sword combat and archery on the move with Epona, without having to worry about bumping into walls or anything like that.

-The use of the Sail Cloth is basically the Deku Leaf only on steroids. The Deku Leaf in Wind Waker was only used for specific puzzles or as a quick shortcut mechanic in some of the game's areas (and that latter use is more of a player invented thing), where you would use it to get to other areas from a higher altitude. In Zelda Wii U, it looks like we will be using the Sail Cloth quite regularly, and it might be taking us across extremely long stretches of land and small mountains.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
This game must have fully voiced cutscenes and dialogue. Playing Hyrule Warriors is a good preview of how ridiculous HD-level gaming is with characters grunting and gasping their lines.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
What the heck when was this gameplay revealed!?! Curse the rock I live under!
Also they never did make it to that tower...sigh...they get sidetracked so easily.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
GameXplain has finally uploaded their new TLoZ for Wii U analysis. . . Definitely I am appreciative of the interesting and hard-to-notice things they specify and elude to, whether it is just spitballing or not. Anyway, watch it, and be further enveloped into this games world!

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Definitely the game I'm most hyped for going into next year. Love me some open world Zelda.

Also, in the Japanese version of the Game Award footage (no English voice overs) you can hear a little bit of the game's fight music and Link's voice. Check it out.

finalark

SNORLAX
I really don't know why people are against voice acting in the LoZ series.

Like, ****. It's 2014. They should have had this back in Twilight Princess.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I really don't know why people are against voice acting in the LoZ series.

Like, ****. It's 2014. They should have had this back in Twilight Princess.
Same reason I'd rather read a book than listen to it. Inner voice infinitely > random voice over.

Zelda is art. Not generic Call of Duty blockbuster trash.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Same reason I'd rather read a book than listen to it. Inner voice infinitely > random voice over.

Zelda is art. Not generic Call of Duty blockbuster trash.
That's a really poor argument. You mean to suggest that voice acting has never added to the artistic quality of a game, ever?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
That's a really poor argument. You mean to suggest that voice acting has never added to the artistic quality of a game, ever?
Yeah, it was beautiful in Super Mario Sunshine.

Some games just don't deserve it. Zelda has always expressed character and personality through animation, character art and dialog. That's part of what makes the franchise. There's a billion and 1 ways to feel how a character would talk and how they sound.... 1 random person recording their voice the way they think a character should sound is utter meh.

Zelda hasn't rolled that way for a reason. Sounds to me like people are lazy and want voice acting.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
The main reason I don't want voice acting in Zelda games is because there's always a lot of text dialogue, at least in the more recent 3D titles. There's always a great deal of information to get through when the characters are speaking. I fear that if voice acting is implemented, they might have to cut down on the amount of dialogue the characters have in the cutscenes. The games might lose something if they have to start cutting things the characters say out because of it.

(Skyward Sword Spoilers) Think about the long cutscene in the middle of Skyward Sword when Link is finally able to meet up with Zelda. The point where she explains everything that is going on, forges the Master Sword, and goes into her long state of rest while Link is left to finish his quest. That was about a fifteen to twenty minute part of the story, and there was a lot of information to get across. If that entire scene was voice acted, I certainly wouldn't want to sit there listening to it for fifteen minutes. I'd much rather read it at my own pace. If that scene was voice acted, I imagine that the developers would have shortened up the writing to make sure people didn't get tired of listening to Zelda go on and on. I wouldn't want that to happen.

So does the Zelda franchise need voice acting? I would say absolutely not. The games have been able to stand on their own without the use of voice acting, and people still regard them as some of the best games of all time. If they decided to go with voice acting from here on out, the developers might start writing the stories with voice acting in mind instead of just writing what they feel works best for the story. I wouldn't want the story of each game from here on out to possibly take a mediocre turn just because voice acting was put in the games to appease a few fans. That's just my opinion. I'm not saying they couldn't make it work, but to me it's not necessary.

finalark

SNORLAX
The main reason I don't want voice acting in Zelda games is because there's always a lot of text dialogue, at least in the more recent 3D titles. There's always a great deal of information to get through when the characters are speaking. I fear that if voice acting is implemented, they might have to cut down on the amount of dialogue the characters have in the cutscenes. The games might lose something if they have to start cutting things the characters say out because of it.

I'm pretty sure this game has twice the amount of dialog and information than every given Zelda game, and all of it is voice acted. I could understand that argument if it was the 90s and we had things like disk space to worry about but that's not really an issue any more.

Some games just don't deserve it. Zelda has always expressed character and personality through animation, character art and dialog. That's part of what makes the franchise. There's a billion and 1 ways to feel how a character would talk and how they sound.... 1 random person recording their voice the way they think a character should sound is utter meh.
So no book should ever be adapted to film because the characters might sound different than what you were expecting?

Zelda hasn't rolled that way for a reason. Sounds to me like people are lazy and want voice acting.
It's not about laziness, I have no problem with reading dialog. Hell, I grew up on PS1 RPGs, that's not a problem. We're just at a point where it's really starting to get jarring and detracts from the experience. IMO nothing was stranger than playing Hyrule warriors and seeing these absolutely beautiful visuals and animation only for the characters to all be completely mute. I actually took me right out of the experience and I'm getting the feeling that there might be a similar issue with Zelda U.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

I'm pretty sure this game has twice the amount of dialog and information than every given Zelda game, and all of it is voice acted. I could understand that argument if it was the 90s and we had things like disk space to worry about but that's not really an issue any more.

So no book should ever be adapted to film because the characters might sound different than what you were expecting?

It's not about laziness, I have no problem with reading dialog. Hell, I grew up on PS1 RPGs, that's not a problem. We're just at a point where it's really starting to get jarring and detracts from the experience. IMO nothing was stranger than playing Hyrule warriors and seeing these absolutely beautiful visuals and animation only for the characters to all be completely mute. I actually took me right out of the experience and I'm getting the feeling that there might be a similar issue with Zelda U.
How beautiful a game looks has no relation to whether it should have voice acting or not. No matter how you put it, it's still going to look like a video game. Comparing Mass Effect to Zelda... my head :facepalm: Yeah ME still feels more like a movie than a game. It was mostly ALL ABOUT dialog. Must I mention that Shepard's voice is very unappealing? And the book to film idea is funny because you're still talking about film. Zelda > interactive generic sci-fi blockbuster movie. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm right.

finalark

SNORLAX
How beautiful a game looks has no relation to whether it should have voice acting or not. No matter how you put it, it's still going to look like a video game.
Graphics do mater. At this point cut scenes don't look like a bunch of polygon dolls putting on a play, but instead they're closer to CG movies. And that's why the lack of voice acting is ridiculous. Could you imagine watching Toy Story with all of the music and sound effects but no voice acting with only subtitles? It's just goofy and would be hard to take seriously.

Comparing Mass Effect to Zelda... my head :facepalm: Yeah ME still feels more like a movie than a game. It was mostly ALL ABOUT dialog. Must I mention that Shepard's voice is very unappealing? And the book to film idea is funny because you're still talking about film. Zelda > interactive generic sci-fi blockbuster movie.
I was using Mass Effect as an example for why they wouldn't have to cut down on the amount of dialog in the game. Nothing more. Sorry for being rude, but nothing in this paragraph is very well thought out and reeks of knee-jerk reaction.

And even if this discussion was comparing LoZ to ME you really can't act like LoZ is somehow elevated above it. Yes, ME is very generic but the whole point of the game is that you get to be the hero of a sci-fi novel. Frankly, LoZ is pretty much the same thing just replace "sci-fi" with fantasy.

Maybe I'm biased, but I'm right.
And with that you'e made yourself completely insufferable. I'm fine with people having different opinions than me, and I'm fine with civilly discussing those opinions. But if you're going to be a butthurt fanboy about it then I'm just going to drop this.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
You're talking about movies again :rolleyes:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Here's the definitive reason why voice acting detracts from Zelda.
It takes away from the music. You aren't able to hear the music and take it to heart like you could with voice acting.
Imagine the scene in SS where Link and Zelda were flying together. Romance in the sky would not have as great of an effect as it would with voice acting if only they kissed.
Also there is their subconscious use of color within their games. So few games do this that it makes it unique within Zelda. It emphasizes important words within text providing subtle foreshadowing. Consider Ghirahim's use of the word Master:
The only way I would want voice acting would if it was soft hylian, like with Midna and Fi. If they did that the whole game, it wouldn't break the immersion like you said, and it would still makes what Zelda is.... Zelda.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The new footage looks fantastic! An open-world approach to Zelda is a great idea.

I personally don't foresee this new mysterious Hyrule suffering from Ubisoft Syndrome. This is Nintendo we're talking about, the people who gave us The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker way back in 2003, and it was a fantastic game with each island housing either a unique puzzle, a key clue to completing the game, or simple rewards that complimented your exploration. Imagine what they have in store for this one? The possibilities are endless. We may get some form of fishing again alongside the harvesting of apples, and I'm sure that there are other fruit that grow in other regions of Hyrule, an example of this would be citrus fruit being available in the outskirts or oasis of the Lanayru Desert region (if it's still called that in this Zelda). There is also the possibility of having numerous side-quests like Majora's Mask had, which would be great.

Anyway, now I'm just speculating and ranting, but needless to say, I can't wait to see more (not too much more though) and play it hopefully sooner than later this year.

EDIT: Well, apparently...

http://gamingbolt.com/there-will-be-a-lot-of-sidequests-in-the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u

Last edited:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It's been briefly touched upon in this thread before (no pun intended), but I want to bring up the issue of controls for this game. A friend and I were making a wish-list of things we want in the new Zelda game, and here's one of the things I wrote:

Standard Controls- I finally get the WiiU Pad in theory, but in practice it's an awful controller. It's not that comfortable (especially after extended play), and the touch screen has offered exactly zero improvements over standard controllers in the games that I've played. I'm so glad Sony and Microsoft backed away from motion and exotic controls as a mainstay of their systems, instead making them features of otherwise normal controllers. Nintendo doubled down on reinventing the wheel again, and the results are not good. The motion controls for SS were serviceable, but it's kind of unacceptable that I have to hope that my controller responds to my commands. Even worse though, the emphasis on motion controls led to some really contrived and downright silly gameplay decisions and monster designs in SS. I can only imagine what kind of half-baked nonsense would be in the next game if they focus on making the Gamepad's functionality the centerpiece for the game in the same way that they made motion controls the centerpiece for SS. So I say leave the Gamepad off to the side entirely, and let me play the game with a Pro controller. The gaming interface is supposed to seamlessly connect you with the game, not become a barrier to your interaction with and enjoyment of the game.
What do you guys think? What kind of control scheme do you want in the next Zelda?

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Tbh, I'm not all that excited for this game. I'm afraid this game might be a bigger disaster than SS in terms of gameplay & long drawn out cutscenes. The overworld looks even more barren than the previous games (I hope this isn't the case) and that spells bad for me.

Also, the graphics look way too ugly because the only color I ever see from the E3 trailer & the Game Awards footage is brown (you know, like what every other game has). I'm sorry, but this game doesn't interest me at all. I was once excited for this game, but I'm not anymore because I see Nintendo as a bad company now.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Tbh, I'm not all that excited for this game. I'm afraid this game might be a bigger disaster than SS in terms of gameplay & long drawn out cutscenes. The overworld looks even more barren than the previous games (I hope this isn't the case) and that spells bad for me.

Also, the graphics look way too ugly because the only color I ever see from the E3 trailer & the Game Awards footage is brown (you know, like what every other game has). I'm sorry, but this game doesn't interest me at all. I was once excited for this game, but I'm not anymore because I see Nintendo as a bad company now.
1. This game isn't even finished yet, and we have heard from countless interviews of how much there is to do in the world.
2. Are you colorblind and need help?

I see very little brown there. The GA Footage is absolutely no way to tell the graphics of the game as it is blurred because it being offscreen.
This trailer was gameplay as stated by Aonuma and proven by the GA footage. So the game is going to look as good as this, and most likely better.
Since when is Nintendo a bad company?

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know why the whole "empty over world" has become a major point of contention with the LoZ series. When you get down to it, LoZ hasn't been about exploration since Zelda 1, aside from A Link Between Worlds. Which was more exploration oriented than ALTTP ever was.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't know why the whole "empty over world" has become a major point of contention with the LoZ series. When you get down to it, LoZ hasn't been about exploration since Zelda 1, aside from A Link Between Worlds. Which was more exploration oriented than ALTTP ever was.
People just want to find reasons to degrade / complain about games of this caliber (these days, Nintendo in particular). . . They always do. I never once believed the land would be desolate in the final game. The Game Awards gameplay was obviously not a finished product, was off-screen gameplay, and really, not once did they ever go out of their way to show off anything akin to a side quest, etc. The intention really was to just run around and to speak over the gameplay. That, and upon the numerous interviews we've been getting that have continuously stated that there will be much side quests and other things to do in the over-world / in-between dungeons and temples. . . I'm not concerned. Rather, I'm just excited to see more. If not before, E3 is going to be great.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a huge fan of sand box/open world games, I'm very exciter effort this game and its something I've been wanting to see LoZ try at least once. I don't think it'll be 100% open world but it'll be close to that. Now to get Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Metroid on board, too.

Hipersonicc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hipersonicc
3DS FC
1375-7739-0314
This games looks so cool that makes me want to have a wiiu now!

I'm literally dying to play it at least one time.

About that thing of voice acting... so what? We will have a great game with or without the voice acting, maybe this game will make a step into the voice acting? I personally think that it's not going to have voiced cutscenes (or maybe just a few), because it something that wasn't in the main saga before (Don't mention Cdi or HW please).

Graphically looks like WW and SS together.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750

Just a little hype trailer I made to remind us of all the good times we had with past 3D Zelda games :D

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
How beautiful a game looks has no relation to whether it should have voice acting or not. No matter how you put it, it's still going to look like a video game. Comparing Mass Effect to Zelda... my head :facepalm: Yeah ME still feels more like a movie than a game. It was mostly ALL ABOUT dialog. Must I mention that Shepard's voice is very unappealing? And the book to film idea is funny because you're still talking about film. Zelda > interactive generic sci-fi blockbuster movie. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm right.
I want to agree with you so bad but your argument is so poor.
You can't just "Zelda > {Insert name of thing here}" and think you're right. As a huge Zelda fan I love the series more than any movie I saw and more than any movie I will see. And I personally wouldn't mind If Zelda and some other characters were voiced in cut scenes. Link however should not be voiced.

You can't just make Zelda the god of everything. "Zelda is better than Call Of Duty blockbuster trash" "Comparing Mass Effect to Zelda?" "Zelda > Interactive generic sci-fi blockbuster"
Just don't.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I want to agree with you so bad but your argument is so poor.
You can't just "Zelda > {Insert name of thing here}" and think you're right. As a huge Zelda fan I love the series more than any movie I saw and more than any movie I will see. And I personally wouldn't mind If Zelda and some other characters were voiced in cut scenes. Link however should not be voiced.

You can't just make Zelda the god of everything. "Zelda is better than Call Of Duty blockbuster trash" "Comparing Mass Effect to Zelda?" "Zelda > Interactive generic sci-fi blockbuster"
Just don't.
I didn't make Zelda the god of everything. It was already god. And I am right. And you have bad taste. And voice acting in Zelda will kill a special element.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I didn't make Zelda the god of everything. It was already god. And I am right. And you have bad taste. And voice acting in Zelda will kill a special element.
No your just a self entitled little guy who thinks hes always right.
Well guess what?
You're wrong. Zelda's prone to change and you need to accept that.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'd rather have voice acting too, but if it's not done well then uhh....uh-oh.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@ Hayzie Hayzie and @ Supersmashbrothers. Supersmashbrothers. :

By all means keep debate going, but keep personal attacks out of it. If you have legitimate arguments to put forward regarding voice acting go for it, but if there's such a fundamental disagreement that all you can do is throw insults and say the other person is wrong you're not accomplishing anything. Tone down the hostility.

Top Bottom