• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hype!!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So guys, should we trust this leak? I really want to know if I can trust it........ I really hope I can trust it too, because it sounds amazing. Sigh.....
Wait guys, I saw this leak a while back, but seeing it again.... It might be true. A lot of the information told was true.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u/68645629

Zelda Wii U will have a huge focus on exploration, the overworld and dungeons are made for the player to get lost, making the map more relevant.

Ganon will be the main villain but he will not be in his human form.

There are more items specifically designed for other types of exploration such as gloves that allow you to climb trees, mountains, and icy cliffs.

A mask system like the one in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask will return, but it will have unexpected twists.

The world is immersive, and extremely detailed, blades of grass are trampled by Link's boots, detailed footprints are made in the sand.

The bloom effect from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will be back, with gorgeous lighting found everywhere and the art style will be colorful and extremely detailed. You can see every stitch of Link's clothing, and it closely resembles a mix between Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.

Most items will be found in the overworld, some can be bought, others have to be found through exploration.

The story is mostly told through Non-Playable-Characters in towns and other areas, and there are over 50 side quests to do for various items, upgrades, and tools.

Offensive items are more powerful and useful, like in A Link Between Worlds. For example, the fire rod will have 3 times as more damage than the players first sword, and does even more against certain enemies.

Combat and control will be entirely be on the Wii U Gamepad, the only motion control will be gyroscopic, with some items such as the Hero's Bow.

Emotion in the game will be a darker tone like in Majoras Mask. There are deaths, and themes that are utterly creepy,

There is little hand-holding in the game, and for the most part, it is un-linear, there will be a hint system that is independent of regular gameplay.

Zelda Wii U will be harder than every other Zelda game, combat, and puzzles will provide a significant challenge.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
So guys, should we trust this leak? I really want to know if I can trust it........ I really hope I can trust it too, because it sounds amazing. Sigh.....

Zelda Wii U will have a huge focus on exploration, the overworld and dungeons are made for the player to get lost, making the map more relevant.

There are more items specifically designed for other types of exploration such as gloves that allow you to climb trees, mountains, and icy cliffs.

A mask system like the one in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask will return, but it will have unexpected twists.

The world is immersive, and extremely detailed, blades of grass are trampled by Link's boots, detailed footprints are made in the sand.

The bloom effect from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will be back, with gorgeous lighting found everywhere and the art style will be colorful and extremely detailed. You can see every stitch of Link's clothing, and it closely resembles a mix between Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.

Most items will be found in the overworld, some can be bought, others have to be found through exploration.

The story is mostly told through Non-Playable-Characters in towns and other areas, and there are over 50 side quests to do for various items, upgrades, and tools.

Offensive items are more powerful and useful, like in A Link Between Worlds. For example, the fire rod will have 3 times as more damage than the players first sword, and does even more against certain enemies.

Combat and control will be entirely be on the Wii U Gamepad, the only motion control will be gyroscopic, with some items such as the Hero's Bow.

Emotion in the game will be a darker tone like in Majoras Mask. There are deaths, and themes that are utterly creepy,

There is little hand-holding in the game, and for the most part, it is un-linear, there will be a hint system that is independent of regular gameplay.

Zelda Wii U will be harder than every other Zelda game, combat, and puzzles will provide a significant challenge.

Hhmm. . . Going with what the recent E3 trailer has given us and comparing it to some of the given things that were "leaked" here (the rest being information we just do not yet have), I do have to admit that there may be a possibility of this being real. The graphical approach and over-world descriptions seem more-or-less accurate, and what's left apart from those is certainly believable. That being said. . . I don't believe we can give a definitive "yes" or "no" answer as to whether this leak is real or fake. With some of the information being sound, or at least fairly close, I think we might just have to wait and see what Aonuma / Nintendo will reveal to us in the near-future (unless of course someone could contact this person to try to persuade him to reveal additional information through his own contact. . .).

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hhmm. . . Going with what the recent E3 trailer has given us and comparing it to some of the given things that were "leaked" here (the rest being information we just do not yet have), I do have to admit that there may be a possibility of this being real. The graphical approach and over-world descriptions seem more-or-less accurate, and what's left apart from those is certainly believable. That being said. . . I don't believe we can give a definitive "yes" or "no" answer as to whether this leak is real or fake. With some of the information being sound, or at least fairly close, I think we might just have to wait and see what Aonuma / Nintendo will reveal to us in the near-future (unless of course someone could contact this person to try to persuade him to reveal additional information through his own contact. . .).
Do you think we should spread the word? Maybe that could get him to release more information.

finalark

SNORLAX
Leaks are almost never true. Given that we only have a few seconds of vague footage to go off of you could say the game has some kind of time travel mechanic where you can travel to the distant future where Hyrule is a cyberpunk dystopia and it would technically be possible.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Leaks are almost never true. Given that we only have a few seconds of vague footage to go off of you could say the game has some kind of time travel mechanic where you can travel to the distant future where Hyrule is a cyberpunk dystopia and it would technically be possible.
I would believe you otherwise but isn't it scary how well that corresponds with the footage shown?
Confirmed true, that is part of the puzzle solving according to Aonuma. The only thing not confirmed in this statement is the map.

Not confirmed, but noting disproves it. Only time will tell.

It's half and half on this one. We don't know about any items, but we do know about the trees, mountains, and icy cliffs.

True, the world will be immerse, and we do see grass being affected by wind, and the monster.

Again very true. That explains the art style really well.

Again, we do not know. But it would make so much sense.

The story is mostly told through Non-Playable-Characters in towns and other areas, and there are over 50 side quests to do for various items, upgrades, and tools
We still don't know about this one, but again, it makes sense.

Offensive items are more powerful and useful, like in A Link Between Worlds. For example, the fire rod will have 3 times as more damage than the players first sword, and does even more against certain enemies.\
We don't know about this one either, but looking at the arrows.... They seem to pack quite a punch.

We don't explicitly know this one but this could be the reason the bow was emphasized.

Don't know about this one either. This one seems the least likely of coming true though.

Again no confirmation, but makes total sense if it takes reference of the original Zelda.

Again no confirmation but would also make sense.

This leak does a lot of things right, and nothing is dis-proven. It seems to fit everything Aonuma said about the game though. A lot of the things make sense with the game he is making. And mind you, this leak was made in February.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Just going to leave this here. . . Ha ha. Aonuma is a great person.

Edit: GIF below in the spoiler tag. @ D dimensionsword64
Edit # 2: Kotaku just recently posted this article up about Aonuma speaking of in-game tutorials. Aonuma is aware of these instances (Skyward Sword is used as the articles example), and will ". . . be careful not to do that." for the upcoming Zelda Wii U.

Last edited:

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
Zelda
would be a nice twist.
haha XD. That would be great.

I would have mixed feelings though if it turned out that Ganondorf was manipulating Zelda.

I think the new villain will have the same style as the enemy in the zelda wii u trailer; the new villain will look ancient, but also kind of look like it uses advanced futuritic technology.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
haha XD. That would be great.

I would have mixed feelings though if it turned out that Ganondorf was manipulating Zelda.

I think the new villain will have the same style as the enemy in the zelda wii u trailer; the new villain will look ancient, but also kind of look like it uses advanced futuritic technology.
I think we won't know who the enemy is for a long time in the game. It says Link will encounter new mysteries, but we could have these enemies all around and we will not know what it is.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Navi in OoT, Midna in TP, Fi in SS....I wonder whose next.
Aonuma said that he wants to hold back on heavy tutorials. So I would not be surprised if we didn't have a guide in Zelda Wii U. If we do have a guide, they will not be as intrusive as Fi and Navi, and will probably be more like Midna, The King of Red Lions, and Tatl

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Aonuma said that he wants to hold back on heavy tutorials. So I would not be surprised if we didn't have a guide in Zelda Wii U. If we do have a guide, they will not be as intrusive as Fi and Navi, and will probably be more like Midna, The King of Red Lions, and Tatl
What if Midna returns?! Lol jk.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What if Midna returns?! Lol jk.
Then I would die from the hype. It's enough that Midna is playable in Hyrule Warriors, but Zelda Wii U would just be impossibly hype. Though it will never happen. The era of twilight is tied up in a nice little bow, and even if Zelda Wii U took place in the child timeline the Twilight can't be involved. Though that enemy showed in the trailer looks really cool, and if most of the enemies took that style, it would work out very well. They just need to give us more information.... But I don't see Nintendo doing that until after Smash 4 Wii U comes out. They look like they are putting their efforts on Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Captain Toad.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
It seems like it will take place around that era, but we don't know for sure.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Well, I didn't imagine x_x.. ..Villian Zelda + Southern Twang = *claps-

Plus, I played SS :p. She didn't come to mind at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
But wait. I don't think Zelda can be the villian. She is the reincarnation of Hylia, she cannot be evil... Unless something turns Hylia evil, I don't see it happening

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
"Unless something turns Hylia Evil" stop right there, that's it. Zelda can be the new nemesis, working with Ganondork because he would've Brain-Washed her. I would love for this to happen.

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah, I kinda don't see her with a southern twang anyway, was just a thought.

As for Villian:

"Unless something turns Hylia Evil" stop right there, that's it. Zelda can be the new nemesis, working with Ganondork because he would've Brain-Washed her. I would love for this to happen.
Yeah, already happened briefly in TP.

That said, I don't see that either.

I want her to be blonde again though, I prefer OoT and SS Zelda to TP. Smash 4 Zelda is the first time I've ever liked the brunette design.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I would really like to see a greater force that Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link have to work together to save

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
@ R R0Y didn't Ganondorf...nvm. I love LozJam's idea though.

;;...........

Last edited by a moderator:

R0Y

Smash Master
@ R R0Y didn't Ganondorf...nvm. I love LozJam's idea though.
Yes, but you still had to fight her all the same.

I would really like to see a greater force that Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link have to work together to save
I like this idea as well.

;;...........
Just to warn you a little so you don't get a penalty, the mods generally don't like double posts, especially with no content.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yes, but you still had to fight her all the same.

I like this idea as well.

Just to warn you a little so you don't get a penalty, the mods generally don't like double posts, especially with no content.
Do you know what would be cool? If you the sages wanted to destroy the triforce, like in lorule, and Link, Zelda, and Ganon have to protect the triforce from the sages.

R0Y

Smash Master
Do you know what would be cool? If you the sages wanted to destroy the triforce, like in lorule, and Link, Zelda, and Ganon have to protect the triforce from the sages.
Yeah that would be. Also, interesting that you said Ganon. I wonder if we've seen the last of GanonDORF, at least for a while. teaming up with a scary-looking beast would amplify the impact imo.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yeah that would be. Also, interesting that you said Ganon. I wonder if we've seen the last of GanonDORF, at least for a while. teaming up with a scary-looking beast would amplify the impact imo.
I don't think we have truly seen pig Ganon in 3d yet. Sure there were a couple boss fights, but that doesn't really count. It would be an interesting change.

R0Y

Smash Master

Gamexplain Zelda U discussion! (featuring guy from ZeldaInformer) Over 40 minutes, lots of good points.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Gamexplain Zelda U discussion! (featuring guy from ZeldaInformer) Over 40 minutes, lots of good points.
I've been bugging Derrick for a very long time about this. I'm glad they finally did it.

Top Bottom