• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

legacy of rufus, Kenosha WI, June 30th 07

Quaz

Smash Master
Smash Singles and Teams.. and LOW TIER! (i'll be sure to have enough time)

Time: people may start arriving @ 10:00 and we'll start teams at Noon
Price: $10 for singles, $5 each for teams, and $5 for low tier, pot split 60/30/10

Rules:
- matches best 2/3, each match 8:00 min, 4 stock, No Items
- Random Stages: Final D, DL64, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi Story, Pkmn Staduim
- Counterpick Stages: Final D, DL64, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi Story, Pkmn Staduim, Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64,
Brinstar, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes.
- Ban Stage: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser
- Mute City and Fountain of dreams are banned in teams
- No Stage may be used twice in a set
- Bring your own controller!
- Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
- Wobbling with ice climbers is banned
- Team Attack will be on
- Life stealing allowed

Venue stuff
- No drinking allowed and smoking is done outside
- One down about the venue is that there isn't any food availabe walking distance, you'll have to drive atleast 4/5 miles to get some
- when coming from AH onto 223rd Avenue, do NOT turn on 86th Place, wait until the next road comes and turn on 86th STREET... NOT PLACE!
- Try to keep Cussing to a minimum please! =) my parents would greatly appreciate it

Quaz

Smash Master
edits dont bump threads

so the current date is set to June 30th... 2 weeks before FC... I think thats good enough =)

I think I'll also do pools for this tourney unless people vote swiss seeding

Quaz

Smash Master
since rick and drew are thinking about hosting their tourney the same day as this, I very well might change the date... I don't WANT to change the date but I wont have a choice since IL players will go to that one by default anyways

..discuss! what if I made this june 23rd? or July 7th? if none work I might just wait til late july

Xtra

Smash Ace
since rick and drew are thinking about hosting their tourney the same day as this, I very well might change the date... I don't WANT to change the date but I wont have a choice since IL players will go to that one by default anyways

..discuss! what if I made this june 23rd? or July 7th? if none work I might just wait til late july
i say the earlier the better....but for no real reason.

Quaz

Smash Master
a list of people maybe coming

me
andrew
nate
jazzness
zig-zag
eighteen spikes
james sparrow
tapion
crash mccloud
xtra

thats 10 people i know all have a GOOD chance of coming.. even if its only 10.. its still a good start for a tourney thats a month away! =)

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well I think that I can make it (if im not camping) ill be there reppin for the low tiers I guess. Ill bring N00k too and a setup if you need it.

Quaz

Smash Master
Okay

since there isn't a fastfoot place to go to right off the bat away from the venue, who's up for ordering some food such as pizza? If people want pizza they can order their own with their own money and then no one will have to drive 5 miles away just for food

Zicore

Smash Champion
Perhaps myself and KSSB will show...don't know about the rest of the clan though. Probebly Milum and Chronosquare

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I might go to this, since it's only 45 min away. If I go, hopefully, there'll 1-4 more people with me. Chi-burb Smashers rule. Oh, and I vote for low tier.

So is the date set in stone?

Puffinator

Smash Ace
I may come to this, sry it's just a maybe, but it matters if caleb will take me, if parents arent lame, etc.

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
I will be in Boston if this is going to be on June 30th.

Bing bing, why must you do this to me.... I want to see you again :(

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
bump for great justice

Why hasn't anybody asked this: What in the sweet sassy molassy is the Legacy of Rufus?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
hey spikes think i can get a rid?!?!?!?!

Rufus is Quaz's bird which he sat on. The name of the tournament was my idea, to honor the passing of our beloved feathered friend.

Quaz

Smash Master
actually the bird I sat on was no rufus, and that happened along time ago

rufus was a bird that died this year of a heart attack or something, sad... but he was awesome, so I put his name on my tourney

Top Bottom