• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

legacy of rufus, Kenosha WI, June 30th 07

Quaz

Smash Master
UPDATE

teams will be starting at NOON, not 11... perhaps 11 is too early for some, so Its gonna be noon!

just a reminder, remember NOT to turn on 86th Place!! Turn on 86th Street! watch for them and don't be fooled too easily! (86th Place is the street RIGHT before 86th Street!)

see you all Saturday!

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, it's lookin' like I'll be able to make it after all, and NIJA and Kanai should be coming with me.

By the way, Kanai will likely need a partner for teams. I know he plays Marth, but I'm not sure about any other mains off the top of my head.

Quaz, I'm lookin' foreward to kickin' your Peach's butt this time around! :D
I want to get a friendly in with ya if we don't play each other in the tournament.
(btw thanks for emphasizing that 86th Street, I probably would have turned at the wrong one)

I'm game for friendlies with anyone who wants one. I'm sure I'll be asking for some myself if there seems to be time.

I should be able to bring a full setup as well.

I think that's everything I need to say here, so catch ya all at the tourney!

Quaz

Smash Master
results

teams
1st fighting mongooses (tapion and zig zag)
2nd Liquid ******l beads, now in liquid form! (eighteenspikes and james sparow)
3rd team tapion (Tapdatass and ion storm)
4th Team Mundungwolf-doodle-doo!!!!
5th team jason (quaz and tempest)
5th team haus of bzzl (haus and bzzl)
7th best tag team ever (Crash mcCloud and Andrew)
7th Team Final Fantasy (Robert and Yuna)

1st tap
2nd ion storm
3rd james sparrow
4th eighteen spikes
5th zig zag
5th tap dat ***
7th mundunguu
7th cwolf
9th quaz
9th haus
9th bzzl
9th tempest
13th crash mccloud
13th andrew

Low tier
1st ZigZag
2nd Tapion
3rd James Sparrow
4th eighteen spikes
5th haus
5th type
7th Crash McCloud
7th Bzzl

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Tapion - You used a gameshark to make your DK have a better grab than mine. I need to learn my combos better against medium fallers, will you help me out on thurdsay?

ion storm - You did really well for never playing this game before. I look forward to having more spam wars with you in the future.

eighteen spikes - chocolate a.ss boobs and taypeeon likes booBIES, and you owe me a snake.

zig zag - you made my DK look like **** :( you're too good, too fast, etc. I had fun playing with you. looking forward to seeing you at other tournies.

tap dat *** - I can bring my extra large sleeping bag to FC, maybe we could both fit?

mundungu - more ganon

cwolf - you're underrated

quaz - just be peach

haus - your zelda is harder than your doc. :p seeya friday.

bzzl - OH BZZL

Sync - Bracket ***** again. :'( better luck next time.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll shout out some people...

Sync: God ****it, another Fox in WI better than me. You have some very sick potential if you can become a little less aggressive with the flashy stuff.

Sparrow: Good friendlies. Nice to actually get to play you this time.

Quaz: Good tournament. I still don't quite get why you chose to use paper instead of your laptop to run the tournament, though.

Mundungu: Good playing in teams. 8 stock FTW! We almost had Sparrow and Spikes.

Tapion: Good Roy dittos. Not precisely the games I expected to play against you, but meh, a game's a game.

Haus: We had some solid friendlies and etc. Good low tier battles.

Bzzl: It took me a while to figure Ness out but it finally happened. First Ness main I've seen and the only one who seems to know what he's doing with Ness.

To the scrub who called not letting someone get back from the ledge cheap: Play to win, baby!

Spikes: Once again, we didn't get to play any friendlies, but the teams matches were really close and quite entertaining.

Zig-Zag: Good friendlies and tourney matches. Did you really come up from St. Louis just for this?

Sauce and Crashman: GGs. Random Samus = :(

To anyone of significance that I forgot, GGs, see you next time.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Sweet games, everyone! Not a bad tournament, with the exception of a little slack in the organization in the low-tier. But you kept on it and it looked like you got it taken care of somehow, so nice job Quaz.

Man oh man my rankings were pathetic, but most of the matches were crazy fun this time. Every tournament my Ness gets a little faster - he'll be walking high one day :)

Tapion: dangit, I was hoping that when he had to re-randomize the brackets I'd get away from you, but nice games, as always. If your Roy is that far ahead, I've got that much farther to catch up to your Fox >.<

Haus: DANGIT you had to pick that time to beat me with Zelda >.<

JS: Ohhhhh BZZL! I forget, have I played your DK in a 1-on-1 yet? Might have at CC5, but I just can't remember...

Spikes: Holy crap we got a friendly in! We're playing so much smash this fall that studies shall suffer.

CWolf: Nice to get a chance to play you. You're definitely catching on to Ness, but I was surprised at how many characters you've got a good grasp on. BTW, your Roy doesn't suck in the least - it's too bad you couldn't stick around for the low-tier.

CrashMcCloud: Dunno if you're on the forums, but yeah, first tournaments can be pretty intimidating. Maybe come to the next few and just play friendlies, so you can learn from the good pool of players without losing money. It takes getting owned a LOT to get anywhere in this game.

Mundungu: Those were some fun 1v1's we had goin :D Let's get some more in at the tourney at Chimera's this Friday if you can make it.

Rob: Nice to meet ya, I hope we'll see more of you. (my apologies that I can't remember the name of the girl you were with!)

zigzag: I saw a little of your Pikachu - all I can say is holy SH*T. I'd like to get in a friendly next time I run into you.

Sync: Fun matches, for a Ness vs a Fox, anyway :p
I'm always game for getting my face planted into the dirt though.

Alright... I'm tired and my memory's gettin' fuzzy now, so 'sorry' to anyone who I forgot - yell at me and I'll edit you in here.
See ya all at Take It! I hope. Later~

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Tapion: Grats on your 543982th WI win in a row. Falcon lives!!

Ion Storm: Clutch fox killer. You just need to deal with tiers of your own size...

JS: Nice job on 3rd! Those team matches were too goood.

Spikes: Fun matches, your doc grab combos are too much.

Zig Zag: Edge guard massa! Good to see you at some WI tournaments. Youve got some crazy combos on fast fallers.

Tap Dat A$$: Thanks for the ride. Your mewtwo has gotten too goood.

Cwolf: Told ya we would get 7th! Teams was really fun, I think the fox/ganon works pretty well. We just made too many mistakes. We'll do better next weekend.

Quaz: Didnt really get to play you, thats gotta be a first. The brackets must have been screwed up if we didn't play each other! Good job with the tournament.

Haus: You've got a pretty good defensive doc for not being at many tournaments. Didnt get to play you in singles.

Bzzl: Man your ness gets so much better every time. I couldnt do anything with my ganon. Fun matches though.

Sync: Still haven't played you, we'll have to play next time. One of these times you'll get a better bracket.

Meza: Good to see you playing the game again! You were definately rusty, but that'll happen. Enter singles next time!!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
JS: Ohhhhh BZZL! I forget, have I played your DK in a 1-on-1 yet? Might have at CC5, but I just can't remember...
We played some friendlies at lone's "biweekly" and you beat it. I think I have matchup johns though, I'd probably go pichu against you :p.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Aha! Now I'm really gonna have to take it to Haus for not letting me play you :p

I do remember your Pichu though. Weren't you the one in teams who had everyone pinned on pokemon stadium in the tree when Nija came in and got a triple-rest-kill? :D

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Shouts:

Zig-zag: Don't worry about the low-tier man, you do what ya gotta do to win. I wasn't saying "I can't believe you play like this" because it's cheap or anything, I just couldn't believe anyone had the patience or even wanted to play like that. Good job in teams though, we really pulled through in the losers bracket.

Spikes: You really got me nervous there for a while. When you took me to jungle japes I was thinking hard on what character to be but not because I was scared, I just had so many options. That level takes away almost everything good doc has on any character. Anyone he can spam can spam better or easily avoid the pills. Don't pick that anymore please.

J_S Your falco really has gotten extremely technical. I underestimated it in the friendlies and made sure not to do the same thing in singles. Your DK does need a little bit of work though. We'll go over what you should do different on thursday.

Mundungu: Thanks for the congrats. second tournie in a row though we didn't get any friendlies. wtf?

CWolf: If you wanted some other friendlies we coulda done that, all ya had to do was ask. I thought those roy dittos were fun though. GG's, and we'll have to play some others another time. Maybe I'll teach ya the secret to being consistent at waveshining with fox (Here's the big secret, timing >>>>>>> speed. When you hit the character it lags you, wait a bit longer to waveshine.)

BZZL: Still got a sick ness. That bat has such amazing range!!!! good stuff though. We'll have to play some more again.

Sauce/Crashman: Sorry you still can't beat me. Maybe one of these days ;) I had to bring back the falcon too. You're too good against fox. I'll show you how to beat pikachu though ;)

Quaz: ... I think I said enough to you at the tourney.

Sync: ...crapped out of every single bracket I've ever seen... maybe you'll get a luckier one at Take It!

Andrew: I love your attiude toward the game. Keep it up and keep havin fun!

CrashMcCloud: You played the best of wisconsin all in one sitting. I hope you didn't get discouraged at all because wisconsin loves getting more smashers, but also realize you can't get good without getting beat. Hope you choose to improve.

Rob: Sorry we didn't get to play. You'll have to show me that new naruto game you got the next time I head down there.

I'm pretty sure I got everyone. Good tourney, and hope to see most if not all at some others!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
CrashMcCloud: You played the best of wisconsin all in one sitting. I hope you didn't get discouraged at all because wisconsin loves getting more smashers, but also realize you can't get good without getting beat. Hope you choose to improve.
Quoted for truth...

You should have seen the videos of me playing the guy i just quoted from White 3 which was my first tournament.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
We'll have to play some more again.
Absolutely. I'd like to play your high-tiers next time, too. Thanks for the compliment, of course, but if I'm gonna get any further than our local tournaments, I know I'll need to be able to overcome bad matchups. :D

Tyrone565

Smash Cadet
Haus's Shouts:

Tapion: Once again we didn't get to play. Hopefully on Friday. I want to play you with my Zelda. Congrats on consistently staying on top.

Zig-zag: I didn't get to play you, but what I saw of your Pikachu was amazing. I would love to play you sometime. Congrats on teams and low-tier.

Spikes: Finally we got to play each other in tourney play and friendlies. I am hoping to learn a lot from you and plan on giving you some more Zelda rematches. I have learned a lot from you and always look forward to playing you.

JS: What can I say? Zelda is one of my favorite characters and I am glad I got to play you as much as I did. Hopefully Steve will get many opportunities to play against me and teach my doc well. Good low-tier matches, some of the funnest I played.

Mundungu: Good team matches. I enjoyed them and look forward to playing you again, hopefully more 1 v 1 next time.

CWolf: We had some good matches. I need much practice against fox and you sure showed me that. Thanks for the matches and look forward to playing you again.

Bzzl: Because Zelda is the goddess of the world and a lil' boy can't do a **** thing. We were a lil' off on teams and I can take the blame. We will rock on Friday though. Always good going to these with you.

Sauce: I don't think I have ever played you. What gives? Looking forward to it soon.

Quaz: For it being at your house, you did a pretty good job as host. We didn't get to play much but I can see us playing a lot since I am not far this summer. Nice tourney and hopefully see you Friday.

Sync: Your fox is the bane of my existence. Nice matches man and even though it doesn't seem like it, you taught me some things.

Andrew: Excellent attitude towards smash. Keep up at it and you will get there. We had some fun matches and look forward to more.

McCloud: I am glad you kept your head high and hope that you choose to remain coming to these and competing. We had some good friendlies and more to come.

Rob: We need to play some smash sometime. You need to compete more because you get better by playing better.

Nija: Glad you played some friendlies but you need to play others more often. I hope you join the tournies next time because you will learn a lot.

Kanai/Type: Good job on the low tiers. The more you go to these, the better you get. I hope you learned some and hope you can come more to these. Thanks for letting us use your house the night before and can't wait till Friday.

I apologize for missing somebody if I missed them. Looking forward to Friday and hope to see you all there.

Quaz

Smash Master
I'll do my shouts

Tap: I hope someone else in WI beats you someday, no offense, but you've been getting 1st at WI tourneys for too long. someone else needs to step up and take the cake, or you'll get fat from too much of it! (I can see your double chin...) thanks for helping me out with the tourney though, next time (if there is one) I'll do much better than I did before

Ion Storm: almost had your samus, but when you pulled your fox out on me it showed the difference between us, I gotta work on fighting fox better, good games

JS: nice job leaving your TV here lol, we didnt get to play much, but thats fine because you would have whooped me anyways, you're getting very good now, nice job beating tapdatass and nice job beating zig in a game with pichu LOL

18 spikes: the 1st 2 matches were only close because they were peach levels, Final D was a good choice to finish me off... but I still liked our matches! good games

zig zag: as I expected a nice pikachu indeed, you too did your best to help me with the tourney, sorry I couldnt get more than 14 to enter singles :dizzy: but perhaps it didnt matter to you anyways because you didn't win any money in singles

tapdatass: you play this game very odd... you were giving me a hard time in friendlies (except for the suicides you kept making lol). Hope to play you and ion storm again... someday

mundunguu: sorry about the brackets and you being taken out by ion storm twice, but sh*t like that happens. We barely got to play and for sure we will play this friday

cwolf: I was def doing better against you than I was last time at white water when I played you, perhaps jason's techy fox helped me fight the less technical ones ^^

Tempest: **** you and I sucked it up this time, in teams and singles.. next time we'll do better if we ever team again, your techy fox was whooping me. I better learn some ways to whoop it in return... I must do so!

Haus: we'll play more this summer for sure hopefully! I need to play more people so I can improve! you're one to give me a major boost! thank you for coming to my tourney

Bzzl: we didn't play, but I heard your ness got faster... Next time!

Crash: like tapion said, you played the best of WI in one setting, dont be discouraged.. not a lot of people have got over 1,000 undefeated wins! be willing to take a loss, and dont get cocky... I had to learn the hard way too... =\

andrew: I understand how you feel about not wanting to entering tourneys anymore, you pay $10 to go down and out everytime, I dunno how you do it man! live with all those losses on your back, it makes you the coolest guy to play smash with ^^ but hopefully you will still be up for playing friendlies.. sometimes I feel liek you dont want to play the game at all because you spend 90% of the time standing there and watching, maybe you like watching though.. so its fine with me! as long as its fine with you :ohwell:

everyone else: you all should have entered! but its okay, thanks for coming and making the tourney meanwhile, even if you're not entering its still fun to socialize with you all!

Rufus is happy now guys.. and loves everyone even more!!! (except for me, and we all know why ;) ... ) maybe next time I hold a tourney I'll call it legacy of Tapion since he wont be able to handle the heat next time we play!! ...god dammit I ****ing wish =(

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Haus: Yeah, we'll definitely get some friendlies in at Take It! I'll be pretty open this time since I will have played quaz, lone, spikes, and sparrow all a bunch the last couple, so I'm freeing myself up much more for you, mundungu, marth101, etc.

Quaz: I've been waiting for the same thing, I just don't know why it hasn't happened yet.

Top Bottom