• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
I think that new idea is kind of...weak. You could just melee the fake survivor. If they are immune, then just have the real one shoot the fake. 30 health means 1 hit kill from a pistol to the foot... Also most people have headsets, so you could just tell the real survivor in question to jump or taunt or shoot straiight up, and the first to do so is real.

I think the current zombie roster is fairly balanced. Rather than make new ones, make the old ones better that is. Boomer should get some fixing. No Vertical bile spread while explodingis kind of lame. Also, I've seen one regular zombie shield a survivor from bile, and seen a boomer barf from the ground and cover a survivor in the second story of a building. lame

I guess one idea for having new infected would be a "groove" method. At the a match, or perhaps even at the beginning of a chapter,each team picks a groove. For example, grooves A, B, and C.

A is classic groove, Hunter/Smoker/Boomer, with scattered witches and occasional, controllable tank.

B and C would be new grooves, consisting of various infected to replace typical playable infected, a special scattered (witch) and a super infected (tank)

Also also also, do you guys think there should be "preference" for infected, or some type of picking/trading of roles? Examples:

-You can edit the options for a specific account, saying that you prefer Hunter>Smoker>Boomer. (or whatever) It makes you more likely to spawn as them, assuming you have diversified teammates..

-When you are ready to spawn, there is a list of available infected (Example 1 hunter 1 smoker out on field, you can be either boomer or hunter) Don' tknow how this would work with the occasional 3x hunter 1x smoker setup though,.

-Trading. If you are a boomer in spawn mode, and your friend is hunter, you type some hotkey and there is a trade request "YOUR NAME HERE wants to trade roles! F1 to accept, F2 to deny"

I just hate getting boomer 4x in a row and my friend who loves boomer is like...bleh screw hunters.

EDIT: they should just replace tank with metaknight

Puddin

Smash Lord
Playing Versus more just makes me love every opportunity I get with any Special Infected. I really don't mind anymore, unless of course I was hoping for a different Infected in a certain situation that I could have performed better with that other Infected but usually I'm perfectly happy with whatever I get.

Oh yeah, hooray for my "All 4 Dead" achievement today, Tank+Car+Narrow No Mercy Alley= Dead Survivors.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Playing Versus more just makes me love every opportunity I get with any Special Infected. I really don't mind anymore, unless of course I was hoping for a different Infected in a certain situation that I could have performed better with that other Infected but usually I'm perfectly happy with whatever I get.

Oh yeah, hooray for my "All 4 Dead" achievement today, Tank+Car+Narrow No Mercy Alley= Dead Survivors.
Gratz for your achievement. That's actually how I got mine too, lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The "Survival" multiplayer mode, which is separate from Versus and the cooperative Campaign modes, will allow "up to four players set records for the longest time surviving hordes of zombies on over 12 maps," according to GameTrailers.

Whether that means segmented, bite-sized chunks of currently playable online campaigns remains to be seen. Our hope is that Valve has new zombie obstacle courses in the works for Left 4 Dead's "Survival Pack,"

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009...on_left_4_deads_new_survival_mode-2.html#more

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

This Survival Mode could either be really cool or pretty poor. What I'm imagining is pretty much a last-stand, Finale type deal where there's simply no rescue team that comes. This would be alright, but the thing that makes that difficult to begin with is either you're playing on Expert (which I'm assuming Survival can do as well) or you're on Vs mode.

I could see Survival Vs being a really cool thing....if they did it like that.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
So what do they plan to do with TF2?

Back on topic, I kinda hate the "keep fighting 'till you die" type games. It's just like being in a bull fight as a bull (in case you don't know, bull fights typically end with the bull being killed by the matador), and I don't really like them. If that's what survival is, then count me out (unless rescue does come).

Puddin

Smash Lord
So what do they plan to do with TF2?

Back on topic, I kinda hate the "keep fighting 'till you die" type games. It's just like being in a bull fight as a bull (in case you don't know, bull fights typically end with the bull being killed by the matador), and I don't really like them. If that's what survival is, then count me out (unless rescue does come).
Rescue does come. In the Finales.

In 12 maps? What exactly is that supposed to mean? Like Chapters of Campaigns or specially set up areas that are designed like Finales with cheap "Jesus" areas? If that's the case I'd love to see a map that's just an out in the open area, the survivors have no cheap place to hide and can only rely on each other to protect them, not the walls of a closest and a narrow doorway. Sort of like playing the Farmhouse Finale out in the Corn Field, without the Corn.

Sensai

Smash Master
The Scout is next for TF2. It's been announced.

And I'm pretty sure that there will be 12 completely new maps. I, for one, can't imagine playing Survival on No Mercy at all...it just would be no good.

I'm honestly thinking King of the Hill type thing here.

Sensai

Smash Master
And, in case you simply don't like clicking:
TF2 Official Blog said:
The next class pack will be the Scout. One of the main goals we're focusing on for him has been to provide tools that make him useful in maps like Dustbowl & Goldrush. If you have any ideas for what you think would work well, post them over on the Team Fortress 2 Forum and we'll take a look.
How did you never hear about this?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Console versions don't get updates so people with the console versions wouldn't know about them [although I think the DLC will be coming in one big pack pretty soon].

I hope Valve goes back to updating one class every 2 months, I got TF2 just after the Heavy update and looking back at the time between the other updates I noticed the trend was 1 update every 2 months until L4D got later into development with ended the updates for 08.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
So good news today on the DLC front. The Left 4 Dead DLC will be free on BOTH PC and 360!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172739

"Word came from Valve today that the previously announced expansion pack for Left 4 Dead will be free on both the PC and the Xbox 360. Most gamers expected that the PC version would include the content for free, but that the Xbox 360 would be saddled with a price tag like a certain other Valve shooter. But apparently the entire set will be available for both platforms without cost when the pack hits this spring.

The "Survival Pack" includes a new Survival game mode and two new Versus campaigns. If you haven't picked up the game yet, a new Critic's Choice Edition will be shipping this spring that includes the Survival Pack content. Luckily it's free, so if you have the game already it's not as if you're missing out on the special edition. "

Puddin

Smash Lord
So good news today on the DLC front. The Left 4 Dead DLC will be free on BOTH PC and 360!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172739

"Word came from Valve today that the previously announced expansion pack for Left 4 Dead will be free on both the PC and the Xbox 360. Most gamers expected that the PC version would include the content for free, but that the Xbox 360 would be saddled with a price tag like a certain other Valve shooter. But apparently the entire set will be available for both platforms without cost when the pack hits this spring.

The "Survival Pack" includes a new Survival game mode and two new Versus campaigns. If you haven't picked up the game yet, a new Critic's Choice Edition will be shipping this spring that includes the Survival Pack content. Luckily it's free, so if you have the game already it's not as if you're missing out on the special edition. "
Isn't this old new by like...two pages?

360 doesn't get the patch? BULL****!

Are you telling me that for the rest of my Versus Mode days I'm going to have to sit in an elevator because some douche bag on the other team thought it was FUNNY?

The only pro to this news of a Patchless 360 is my Double Melee.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Just find a pipe bomb. In that level, it's REALLY easy to find a pipe bomb or oxygen tank laying around somewhere.
Not when I play, apparently. It would be a lot easier if your items weren't reset every chapter in Versus.

Quick, Left 4 Dead Guilty Pleasures: Mine? Playing on easy so I can kill Common Infected with one shot from my Pistol, honestly just too satisfying.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Quick, Left 4 Dead Guilty Pleasures? Mine is when I'm a Boomer right above the survivors that are attempting to camp and I throw up on them every 30 seconds. :laugh:

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Telling my team to attack whoever is Zoey, and only Zoey, Then I say "Too bad Gay orgies won't repopulate the human race. INFECTED WIN" when she dies.

OR

The above, but only going for Louis and calling the other team racist for not protecting the black guy.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Telling my team to attack whoever is Zoey, and only Zoey, Then I say "Too bad Gay orgies won't repopulate the human race. INFECTED WIN" when she dies.

OR

The above, but only going for Louis and calling the other team racist for not protecting the black guy.
lol.

I haven't played much versus myself, still trying to get the expert achievement for Blood Harvest (which I should've gotten but didn't, grr).

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On an unrelated topic, I just decided to look up some stuff, and you'd be surprised at some of the voice overs...

Zoey is voiced by Jen Taylor. If you decided to Pay attention long enough, This is the same person to voice numerous other franchises, most notably, as Princess Peach.

If you played Team Fortress 2, wouldn't the Churchguy sound a bit familiar? he should, because his voice actor also voices the scout in TF2.

The scout isn't the only voice link in L4D, the boat owner in Death toll has the same voice Actor as the sniper.

Interestingly, both of these classes are the only ones I really consider using (if I ever get TF2).

smashbot226

Smash Master
^Only one I didn't know was that Zoey = Peach.

So where are her f*cking mushrooms?!?

Ah...

----------------

Louigi: GRABBING FEER FLOWAS!

*Turns white*

Francio: I hate Goombas. WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Zoey: *Gets kidnapped by Tankser*

Billio: MAMA MIA!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You knew that I was semi-interested in the scout and sniper?

But on another note, now we know that Peach knows profanities.

Sensai

Smash Master
Y'know, the person who voices Zoey also voices the main girl from the Halo series.

Dunno her name, don't play the games. Cortana? Something like that? But...jeah.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Y'know, the person who voices Zoey also voices the main girl from the Halo series.

Dunno her name, don't play the games. Cortana? Something like that? But...jeah.
Yeah, she's also the voice of Stokes in F.E.A.R. 2.

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
I have been following it for a while, it's one [among many] of the reasons I got a new PC as well. I wish I had friends to play it with [their PCs aren't as good and only one has a 360] but I suppose I can make do with the players online.

I heard they only have 4 campaigns but they plan to add more over time, similar to TF2 but more often. With that plus the user created content I can really see this game lasting a long time for me once the gameplay is good.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
It is heavily Co-op. The single player is more of valve showing of their AI than actual gameplay, and they sometimes have trouble with these things. On the plus side, AI survivors will go back for you and won't shoot anybody, so safety first is easier on single player than co-op.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
The game is discounted to 24.99 this weekend on Steam, so I purchased it. I was interested in playing it sooner, but I didn't know if it was going to be worth $50.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If you have 3 - 7 friends it will probably be a blast but playing it with random people or people you only know on the internet is not as fun. I would play more often if people I knew had it/played it.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was over at a friends house, and while he didn't have L4D, he had Halo which had a lot of the similar weaponry. For someone whose entire FPS experience was Metroid Prime, and Portal, I did remarkably well, especially with the sniper rifle. I'm definitely going to pick up the hunting rifle, no doubt about it.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I've finished 3 of the 4 campaigns at least once so far, and I've started playing versus mode for fun. But half the time I'm playing my teammates are just like "WHO IS THIS NOOB" referring to me because yeah I'm new at the game and not an expert.

Is there some secret to reviving 3 fallen teammates when you're being chased around by a tank? Because they sure seemed pissed that I wasn't clever enough to pull that off.

Spife

Smash Master
I've finished 3 of the 4 campaigns at least once so far, and I've started playing versus mode for fun. But half the time I'm playing my teammates are just like "WHO IS THIS NOOB" referring to me because yeah I'm new at the game and not an expert.

Is there some secret to reviving 3 fallen teammates when you're being chased around by a tank? Because they sure seemed pissed that I wasn't clever enough to pull that off.
Melee. Melee is the only thing you need. Melee the tank. Melee his *** into dust. Tiny muscular dust particles.
Actually, with how broken the melee is in that game I"m surprised it DOESN"T do that -_-
But it does make killing hunters with melee very satisfactory. I still want to see two acheivements though:
1) Obtained by only meleeing in a campaign. Something about being a super duper homo
2) Obtained by only using your medkit as a weapon. I want to do this acheivement or not.

ANyhoo, I got this game for christmas and have been trying to throw together a GB team ever since. I'll read through this thread later but if anyone is looking (and is competent in the fields of: having a mic, speaking and understanding english, and pressing the melee button, as well as thinking) for a team get at me. Preferably here, I'm not a fan of how XBOX does it's social networking. I have 4 but the more the better. WE also need a 5th/6th for the tourny (that ends registering tomorrow x_x)

M@v

Subarashii!
Just got to play this tonight. Its certainly fun, but its pretty much the same thing: Blast Zombies, repeat. There isn't much content honestly. Like 4-5 guns, Only a few levels. Only 4 zombie types you can be. I found it fun, but it got kind of boring after a couple hours.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Just got to play this tonight. Its certainly fun, but its pretty much the same thing: Blast Zombies, repeat. There isn't much content honestly. Like 4-5 guns, Only a few levels. Only 4 zombie types you can be. I found it fun, but it got kind of boring after a couple hours.
It's only boring if you play by yourself or if you play with really good people. If you play with bad people that are your friends, the game becomes a ****load of fun.

Top Bottom