• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le THieN's Match-Up Newsflash: Marth vs. Diddy is Even

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just becareful how you fair, it can be punished if you don't protect yourself, and you can kiss using SH fair against metaknight or olimar goodbye because they are too small for it to hit them.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
You can learn Diddy ATs somewhat quickly, but learning when to do what and how to space in different situations is only learnable via experience and trying stuff out.

white peachy

Smash Ace
I watched like half the vids.... Holy crap that peach is nasty. I like the short hop dair---second hop float dair---uair combos. Too gootz. I still feel gross comlementing a peach in the diddy boards but wow, that was awesome.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
stupid turtle. Why'd u announce to the whole world I was money matching any diddy kong. Now you've given ADHD some time to prepare while I haven't played all week!!!

Btw ADHD, u shouldn't have trouble finding me since I'm riding to Apex with fatal. I'll have recording gear too.

ALso, diddy is my favorite match-up because its the most fun to play against as wolf. Has nothing to do with matchup difficulty

**Edit**

Wuddup Thien! long time no talk. I hate the peach match up too =P COME TO APEX!!!

rvkevin

Smash Lord
stupid turtle. Why'd u announce to the whole world I was money matching any diddy kong. Now you've given ADHD some time to prepare while I haven't played all week!!!

Also, diddy is my favorite match-up because its the most fun to play against as wolf. Has nothing to do with matchup difficulty
Just trying to hype you up...

How would he prepare, there's no one that plays Wolf like you...so it would all be theory, something I've come up dry with recently. And its not like all your stuff is on youtube, your playstyle changed drastically in the last week or so.

Yeah, I suppose Diddy is more fun than getting CGed across FD with DDD...Another reason I like the Peach matchup is that I can steal Mr. Saturn and hear the noise it makes when it hits someone :) Where are you? I want to play Diddy v. Wolf, D3 is too boring...

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Man Adhd is da coolest dood eva!All of texas talkin this trash to em and he still played well against kos mos. All of texas = razer + dphat.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I wanna play KOS-MOS. I think my style is different, so I would like to test it out with someone who is supposedly good against diddy.

-ELE-

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I wanna play KOS-MOS. I think my style is different, so I would like to test it out with someone who is supposedly good against diddy.

-ELE-
LOL, you gotta learn to beat MKs first before you beat KM. =) Besides, I've already endured three pages of people who supposedly "know" the Peach match-up better than me trying to tell me that Peach is cake. KM's exhibition performance last night against two of the best Diddys in the country has pretty much completely convinced me that Peach can emerge as both a hard counter and Diddy's worst match-up in the game.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
KM plays Peach?? I don't know anything about that match up LoLz.

I think that everyone has me figured out wrong about MK. I do feel like its my personal worst match up, but I don't lose to MK's unless they are very good/the best. Who cares, he's gonna get banned anyways lolz.

Any ways, get on AIM, I need to ask you something.

-L-

Player-1

Smash Legend
LOL, you gotta learn to beat MKs first before you beat KM. =) Besides, I've already endured three pages of people who supposedly "know" the Peach match-up better than me trying to tell me that Peach is cake. KM's exhibition performance last night against two of the best Diddys in the country has pretty much completely convinced me that Peach can emerge as both a hard counter and Diddy's worst match-up in the game.
I didn't say that Peach is 'cake', IMO Peach is top 4 Diddy's hardest matchups, top 5 worst matchups I think is Luigi, Peach, Marth, Falco, and Olimar, not in any particular order. I play Rowan in [wifi] friendlies somewhat often, and, to me, it didn't look like you knew the matchup.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Stop hypin him! He's obviously the best peach or is really high up there. It's definitely possible and i've well... beaten him in a friendly if you want to count that lol. I'm not 0-4 against him, like 1-5 XD. It's just I'd need alot of tries before I can win a set, unless I figure out some revolutionary thing. Btw I beat JJ 3-0 :confused: and dojo 2-0 in an MM. He won all the previous friendlys except for one.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Stop hypin him! He's obviously the best peach or is really high up there. It's definitely possible and i've well... beaten him in a friendly if you want to count that lol. I'm not 0-4 against him, like 1-5 XD. It's just I'd need alot of tries before I can win a set, unless I figure out some revolutionary thing. Btw I beat JJ 3-0 :confused: and dojo 2-0 in an MM. He won all the previous friendlys except for one.
Peach hard-counters Diddy. End of story. =)

Valiant effort at Apex today though, Wyatt. Very impressive, as always.

How 'bout that Ally guy? He did all right.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Peach hard-counters Diddy. End of story. =)

Valiant effort at Apex today though, Wyatt. Very impressive, as always.

How 'bout that Ally guy? He did all right.
if by hard counter you mean 6:4...then yeah, but the matchup isn't worse than that.

Count

Smash Champion
I don't get you can say its no worse than 6:4 p1.

We took probably our two best players.

Versus their best player.

And we were a combined 2-9? or something like that.

Are you saying Kos Mos, as a player, is THAT much better than ADHD and NL. And you can't say NL doesn't know the matchup, he plays dark pch all the time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't get you can say its no worse than 6:4 p1.

We took probably our two best players.

Versus their best player.

And we were a combined 2-9? or something like that.

Are you saying Kos Mos, as a player, is THAT much better than ADHD and NL. And you can't say NL doesn't know the matchup, he plays dark pch all the time.
I'm saying that tournament matches are different. Also, what do you mean by 'that much better than adhd and nl' 6:4 is still a pretty good advantage, especially for Diddy because most of our matchups are neutral or close to it.

Count

Smash Champion
If the advantage is 6:4, then wyatt/NL should've been winning 40% of the matches. They won 2 out of 9, or something like that. That's not 40 percent.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If the advantage is 6:4, then wyatt/NL should've been winning 40% of the matches. They won 2 out of 9, or something like that. That's not 40 percent.
lol, i said it's friendlies to, tournament matches are a lot different from friendlies, kos mos said himself that he doesn't play as aggressively in serious matches. ADHD said that dojo/jj? beat him in all friendlies but when it came to the MM it was different.

did NL play kos mos? i didn't hear anything about that.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I played a Luigi the other week, and it was my first time really, I knew it was bad, but I really, really hated it. I think I hated the Marth match-up so much because of how often I play it in Kansas. I've realized that I get almost no Falco, Luigi, or Peach practice and it's seriously hurting my game. With that being said, I don't really know what to say about Diddy's hardest match-up, but Peach might rise to take that position.

@Thien: I was talking to Nate earlier and he said you guys were coming Wednesday? Sars said you guys weren't though. :\

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
@ 4RCE: We might have to postpone 'til next week since Chris doesn't get back from Jersey until Tuesday, and he may be burned out by traveling by then. Also, I spent way too much money at the bars Saturday night for one of my buddies' birthdays, so I'll probably just go into reserve mode this week so that I'm clear to travel by next week. By then, exams at the university will be over, so hopefully we can bring up some more guys as well.

@ pastaboy: That's what Meta Knight is for. =) I've got something else in mind, actually, but I won't be able to decide on what to do until Genesis is said done.

Since it got overlooked the first time I mentioned it, I'll say it again: playing it cautiously against Peach's dual ground/air zoning and getting mostly ***** for my mistakes has dramatically improved my game against Marth. KM was routinely 2-stocking me for a few months with his Marth, but I have actually been going comfortably even with it in the last few series we've had. I want to experiment with these new ideas and tactics some more to see if they are actually "anti-Marth" or if it's just a matter of time before smart players like KM or Roy_R figure out ways around it, but you guys are free to view our most recent rounds in my YouTube channel 'til I get them linked.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's not peach so much thien >_< IT's just kosmos is way better than me, and he has a slight matchup advantage. He didn't make it out of pools because everyone ran away from him lmao. That's what I would do next time XD

Player-1

Smash Legend
So is Kosmos really switching to MK, that's what the commentators were saying over the live stream, but didn't know if it was true.

Gnes

Smash Master
It's not peach so much thien >_< IT's just kosmos is way better than me, and he has a slight matchup advantage. He didn't make it out of pools because everyone ran away from him lmao. That's what I would do next time XD
LOL KosMos told me about this...east coast too good :)

I dont think the matchup is over 60-40. I've been able to consistenly 2 stock every other peach i've played other than KosMos. Its just him Hanson. Hes too **** good.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I think KM just knows the Diddy matchup really well.

Eventually you will figure out how to win close to half the matches, Thien. That's my prediction anyway.

ADHD vs Ally were great matches.. both came down to last stock high %. ADHD busted his *** for those comebacks.. too bad Ally is too clutch

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
ADHD dont give in to kos mos. Ill show you guys how its done. Sux i didnt get to go to the tourney. was it any fun?

Le thien, Maybe ill just try to gather a few guys to go to okc on weds for the day. That might work out a lil better if you can get every one together for a ict vs okc smsh gathering. Also we may start doing monthly mini tourneys for power rankings in our area, you guys should come as well.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Keith & Wyatt,

If we're not looking at the top players of each specific character when we're evaluating these "match-up ratios" (or at least deciding how hard a match-up is), then what's the point? I haven't lost to a Meta Knight in tournament since September of last year, but I base my ultimate stance on the Meta Knight match-up on friendlies that I subsequently had with Lee Martin, Infinity, M2K, and Dojo. Similarly, I've trucked through at least one, maybe two Marths a tournament since the game has been out, yet I've only ever dropped a set against Roy_R.

Now we have KOS-MOS, who needs no introduction.

If you mow down five no-name Peach players in brackets but then meet up with KOS-MOS in Winner's Finals and get two-stocked every match, could it not also be possible that Chris is playing the match-up effectively because he is so good?

Those are the lens through which I look at these things; it makes no sense to throw out top players when evaluating these things just because they are "too good." They are my barometers in gauging these type of things as accurately as possible. Once these guys raise the bar, that's that – anyone else that plays the same character but is unable to rise to the occasion to match the wits and talents of Too Pro Player X is, to me, just not playing the match-up correctly.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
@ 4RCE: We might have to postpone 'til next week since Chris doesn't get back from Jersey until Tuesday, and he may be burned out by traveling by then. Also, I spent way too much money at the bars Saturday night for one of my buddies' birthdays, so I'll probably just go into reserve mode this week so that I'm clear to travel by next week. By then, exams at the university will be over, so hopefully we can bring up some more guys as well.
Ahhh. Mmk, that makes sense.

Le thien, Maybe ill just try to gather a few guys to go to okc on weds for the day. That might work out a lil better if you can get every one together for a ict vs okc smsh gathering. Also we may start doing monthly mini tourneys for power rankings in our area, you guys should come as well.
Uhhh...but I'm in high school...if there's a time frame I might be able to make it?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I didn't say that Peach is 'cake', IMO Peach is top 4 Diddy's hardest matchups, top 5 worst matchups I think is Luigi, Peach, Marth, Falco, and Olimar, not in any particular order. I play Rowan in [wifi] friendlies somewhat often, and, to me, it didn't look like you knew the matchup.
when I played boss, I almost beat em on BF because I would dtilt his down b recovery and then hug the stage cause luigi with just up b sucks. I also had a dtilt to spike on em. 3rd game on castle siege was close..but i choked and lost.

Back to ADHD (why you call em wyatt when you don't even know em in real life, it's dumb), Kos mos had like 2 bombs in about 10 pulls, and like 5 altogether in those games, tellin you what kind of games they were. ADHD i dont think kos mos is that much better than you, he just know the diddy matchup better than you know the peach matchup. If you learn the matchup you will win more games, but the matchup is still gonna be in peach's favor.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Back to ADHD (why you call em wyatt when you don't even know em in real life, it's dumb)
I come from a generation of players where calling people by their gamer tags was awkward, especially if he or she named him- or herself something as horribly clunky as yoshididdy. If you know me, my first follow-up question after you tell me your super-awesome internet handle is always, "Cool, so what's your name?"

I find it more personable and it gets people's attentions more quickly than if you're just randomly shouting random adjective/noun compounds in a giant room full of gamers. Plus, it's a sign that I like you.

The friends and acquaintances I have made in my Smash career are typically ones I want to keep long after I quit playing. But I can't fault you for wanting to put yourself in awkward social situations by calling out to a ChromePirate or a Mew2King in the middle of a restaurant; that's just the way you little kids are raised.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
as much as i wuld hate to face kos mos becuz id get wrecked, convince him to stey peach because he just has to do wut he does for the diddy match up to liek every character, he has a tun of potential.

Gnes

Smash Master
as much as i wuld hate to face kos mos becuz id get wrecked, convince him to stey peach because he just has to do wut he does for the diddy match up to liek every character, he has a tun of potential.
Not if everyone makes a active effort to runaway from u. Peach is very slow in actuality, as a person who has been stalled many times, i feel his pain.

Top Bottom