• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le THieN's Match-Up Newsflash: Marth vs. Diddy is Even

Dojo

Smash Champion
I come from a generation of players where calling people by their gamer tags was awkward, especially if he or she named him- or herself something as horribly clunky as yoshididdy. If you know me, my first follow-up question after you tell me your super-awesome internet handle is always, "Cool, so what's your name?"

I find it more personable and it gets people's attentions more quickly than if you're just randomly shouting random adjective/noun compounds in a giant room full of gamers. Plus, it's a sign that I like you.

The friends and acquaintances I have made in my Smash career are typically ones I want to keep long after I quit playing. But I can't fault you for wanting to put yourself in awkward social situations by calling out to a ChromePirate or a Mew2King in the middle of a restaurant; that's just the way you little kids are raised.
Lmao, wrecked.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Your point was odd Hanson :)

You said kosmos was good at the matchup because he was so good. That doesn't really prove anything, it doesn't even make sense.

Gnes

Smash Master
Back to ADHD (why you call em wyatt when you don't even know em in real life, it's dumb), Kos mos had like 2 bombs in about 10 pulls, and like 5 altogether in those games, tellin you what kind of games they were.
Wait...hold on...or u johning for Wyatt...that makes me:(

On the topic of smasher names, i hate calling people by their gamer names. Makes me feel icky inside.

I sort of understand what u mean Hanson its just that better players are able to shift matchups. Yes KosMos is a awesome player, better than me, u, and according to chrome him too. With that said it makes me think that when beating us he is exploiting our individual weaknesses as players rather than the weakness of the character that we're playing.

Though im just speculating. Honestly i do believe peach has the possibility to be diddy's hardest matchup.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
kosmos is so goooooood. lol

wait, born's name is also Keith? (my name is keith)

and i usually call someone by their real name while with them in person

plus some peoples gamertags are annoying to say over and over (sorry but adhd is alot more annoying to say than wyatt)

Gnes

Smash Master

plus some peoples gamertags are annoying to say over and over (sorry but adhd is alot more annoying to say than wyatt)
Gnes's name is also keith, and that's who sexy name Hanson was referring to.

10nobodyknowsmyname

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero

BoRn is Nathan, or Nate. I'm actually the opposite, I make sure I know their real names but almost always refer to them by their gamer tag. Like, I call Steven "Affinity" or Nate "Nynja" a lot more than I refer to them by their real names. It's the same for probably anyone though, I call Cameron "Inferno", Dominique "Domo", Kyle "KY". It's probably just me though.

xD

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I think he means they camped him and KM couldnt get through, Peachs pretty slow so it was probably hard for him to maneuver and actually put pressure on the snake. But maybe Im wrong; it just seems like a campy Snake would give Peach a lot of problems to me.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I think he means they camped him and KM couldnt get through, Peachs pretty slow so it was probably hard for him to maneuver and actually put pressure on the snake. But maybe Im wrong; it just seems like a campy Snake would give Peach a lot of problems to me.
Exactly. All of the matches I had against those snake players went to time. I was a little bummed out after facing the third snake x_x.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Your point was odd Hanson :)

You said kosmos was good at the matchup because he was so good. That doesn't really prove anything, it doesn't even make sense.
LOL. Long story short: I look to each character's best players whenever I evaluate how hard a match-up is. End of story.

IM RIGHT UR WRONG + I STILL BAG ALL THE BABES

wyatt has swine flu

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
KOS-Mos is beast. I got videos on my part where we played on my wii, he won 2 matches and I won 2 matches. And these matches were pretty inanse that are on my wii. have those up by friday.
lol i want to see those matches, post them here when there up? your peaches are too good

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lol i want to see those matches, post them here when there up? your peaches are too good
Ok, i'll post them here when they are up. But I'll take my leave so this thread wont be spammed. Kos-mos is indeed the diddy slayer. I can not beat NL diddy at all and Kos-mos beat it over and over. And ran circles on ADHD. He has to show me how to do this crap.

Oh and me and Kos-mos have the same birthday (Marth 17 1988) We ****, done.

*Leaves thread with glory*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh ****.....

That character haunts my soul. I hate Marth so much.......can't stand that match up, so much damm hell.

Gnes

Smash Master
Ummm. You say peach is a hard counter but marth even? I call bull ****.
I actually after playing more with Roy_R, learning to stop silly personal tendencies, and after talking to Hanson more actually am thinking this might be true.

Love to see your reasoning later on Hanson.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I actually after playing more with Roy_R, learning to stop silly personal tendencies, and after talking to Hanson more actually am thinking this might be true.

Love to see your reasoning later on Hanson.
That's just roy r and biased, i want you guys to both play pierce/neo. It's a difference in playstyles but I'm not completely shutting your opinion down I'm curious to what would happen.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
LOL, I knew it would rile you up, Wyatt. Considering you lost to KM in an inordinate number of friendlies at Apex, I don't think "hard counter" is really too far-fetched of a claim. Also, I always listen to your arguments intently whenever you make bold statements like this, even if I initially disagree. Given that, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to ask you to hear out my logic tonight and give me a chance. I'm not exactly the type of guy to say things like this unless I have strong evidence to validate my claims, and I would hope you would bless me with the same benefit of the doubt that I have afforded most of everyone else in the past.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's not even, but at least someone on the Diddy boards with a brain smart enough not to think it's his 'worst matchup' =)

Gnes

Smash Master
That's just roy r and biased, i want you guys to both play pierce/neo. It's a difference in playstyles but I'm not completely shutting your opinion down I'm curious to what would happen.
Ah sorry, i came to my conclusion after playing Roy but ive been thinking this after HOBO 16 where i beat this Camptastic marth named Dphat. Considering roy plays aggressively and the other marths i play are defensive, my new playstyle in that matchup has work consistently well despite the changes. Not to say I wouldn't have trouble with Neo/Pierce, but to say that there's only so much u can do with a character.

Esca

Smash Champion
Luigi isn't too bad for Diddy. I can handle Luigi to an extent, you just can't do grab combos from nanerz. You have to run further forward and tech chase to do that.

I think Zelda is Diddy's worst matchup. After playing Mocha...WOW.

Other than that, I agree with Hanson. Diddy/Marth seems even, considering I play with a Marth CONSTANT.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
i can't wait to hear our evidence on this matchup lol, you convinced how bad of a matchup peach can be.

Top Bottom