• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le THieN's Match-Up Newsflash: Marth vs. Diddy is Even

Player-1

Smash Legend
LOL, I wasn't kidding when I said I would come out for a tourney in GA and visit two of my best friends. Jay kay about winning though. When's the next big tournament?
Next big tournament is Impact Clash IV on April 25 & 25th

player 1..telling thein to go to GA for his ATL south win..YOU have to go to a GA tourney. you didnt come to impact clash II nor III and it made me very sad
None of our parents wanted to drive an hour away to get there >=(, but the next Impact Clash will be at WABA and that's a 30 minute drive so I'll be going to that one.

Metaknights are dead even on neutral stages pretty much except for some reason I believe he has a slight advantage on bf. This is mk country, what I just said came from experience! D3 is 60-40 in his favor but definitely not impossible, d3's are just really hard. Luigi will always be something to worry about but luckily mk exists so there will never be any high amount of luigi players... GDX you should be used to people knowing how to handle bananas now, it's never a problem for me anymore. If they just get control you should be able to get it back fast unless it's a metaknight whoring you with attacks.
Today 05:13 AM
I don't get why it's in D3s favor, it's in Diddy's IMO. Elaborate.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i can handle any other character taking control of bananas except D3. hes just a character that i currently cant handle.

I can kill him at low percentages. I dunno, i just get frustrated that i get CGed all around the stage.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Next big tournament is Impact Clash IV on April 25 & 25th

None of our parents wanted to drive an hour away to get there >=(, but the next Impact Clash will be at WABA and that's a 30 minute drive so I'll be going to that one.

I don't get why it's in D3s favor, it's in Diddy's IMO. Elaborate.
D3 lives to 160 AT LEAST every stock even with an undecayed dsmash at the edge he does not die. Early gimps are very hard to get, gimping ability, grabs destroy diddy and give d3 instant control. Waddle dees set up as a temporary protection. There is alot of things, but there are no good d3s in georgia and on wifi the d3s are not good (at least on wifi) so you probabyl wouldn't have experienced it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
undecayed fsmash kills d3 at 110-120 at the edge of the stage. thats your only chance for early kills on him :laugh:

florida is like the state of D3s now. C018, seibrik, hungrybox...theyre like cockroaches

Esca

Smash Champion
I dunno. I think it all depends on how you play the match-up, tbh. But of course, you could say that about any match-up. The main goal in this matchup is to get d3 off the stage. After you do that, spikes are super easy to get. You have to make sure your bananas hit him before you can run in to combo, because if they miss, you can just get shield-grabbed. Overall though, I think it's perfectly even, if you play smart and patient, rather than aggro.

Player-1

Smash Legend
D3 lives to 160 AT LEAST every stock even with an undecayed dsmash at the edge he does not die. Early gimps are very hard to get, gimping ability, grabs destroy diddy and give d3 instant control. Waddle dees set up as a temporary protection. There is alot of things, but there are no good d3s in georgia and on wifi the d3s are not good (at least on wifi) so you probabyl wouldn't have experienced it.

Lol, have you ever been to GA? No, so you wouldn't know. Atomsk and Co18 are the 2 D3s I've played on wifi recently and all the matches that we both won were close. D3 doesn't have to live to 160...GDX is right, grab pummeling works wonders when restoring your smashes. You can combo D3 easily, and it's not hard to spike D3 out of his Up-B at all. Die b grabs work great when they expect you to dash attack or side b kick into your shields, Waddle dees are easy to get off the field, but still annoying. Popgun gets him on the ground when they try to camp the air. Oh, I also played Rain's D3 on wifi yesterday in friendlies, and, although I lost, I was destroying him until I found out that D3's dair gimps Diddy's barrels really well so I'll give him that.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I'm working on D3 gimping guys. Basically, if you do (at the ledge) shorthop dthrow banana then dair immediately offstage it'll kill at good percents.

If not, then just combo him to 200%. lulz

ADHD

Smash Hero
All of those d3 players suck on wifi, except rain, he is better on it lol. When you play atomsk he will not die even from an undecayed smash at the edge and I'm not exaggerating. He DI's most of my fsmashes, leaving them unable to kill all time. D3's grab range destroys diddy's approaches besides the side b, which gets unreliable and predictable. Diddy cannot grab d3 if he is in standing position because his grab range is far better and you will get grabbed beforehand. Sure, diddy can combo the hell out of d3, but when d3 has six stocks and you have three, he has alot of opportunities to make up for it with grabs and and gimps. You shouldn't be spiking d3s out of there up bs more than once a match unless they suck.. Georgia has no good d3s, please tell me otherwise. Wifi d3s don't count, they are far better offline (except for rain.)

le thien just do diddy stuff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Chrome, have you tried slightly charging Fsmash to throw off his SDI timing? I've done that to a few people and it makes Diddy kill a bit better. Obviously they can still SDI it, but it's a lot harder trying to SDI something when you aren't 100% sure when it will hit.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
All of those d3 players suck on wifi, except rain, he is better on it lol. When you play atomsk he will not die even from an undecayed smash at the edge and I'm not exaggerating. He DI's most of my fsmashes, leaving them unable to kill all time. D3's grab range destroys diddy's approaches besides the side b, which gets unreliable and predictable. Diddy cannot grab d3 if he is in standing position because his grab range is far better and you will get grabbed beforehand. Sure, diddy can combo the hell out of d3, but when d3 has six stocks and you have three, he has alot of opportunities to make up for it with grabs and and gimps. You shouldn't be spiking d3s out of there up bs more than once a match unless they suck.. Georgia has no good d3s, please tell me otherwise. Wifi d3s don't count, they are far better offline (except for rain.)

While I still think you overstate D3's advantages over Diddy Kong, I am with you in that the margin of favor oscillates more in the direction of D3's margin than it does for Diddy. I have seen how perfect smash- and tap-DI combined with proper momentum-canceling can preserve heavier characters well after 120%, even after being hit by Diddy's fresh F- or D-smashes.

LOL @ "easily spiking D3 once you get him off the stage."

But seriously, ADHD? Do Diddy stuff? Aren't you supposed to be one of the best or something? =)

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Aren't you supposed to be one of the best or something? =)
I think you could be a Top Diddy Player in the U.S. if you would just stop rolling, air dodging, spot dodging, ect... Every time you do that stuff I shake my head because its obvious that you have potential. Then again what do I know, I don't even play Brawl :p

-lee-

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
One more neg comment from u thein and were mm dittos! Lol i jumped right on that *** whoopin. I bet ill beat ally b4 u will. Just like m2ks house how i got the win b4 u i shall do it again! Gtfo!

Thein is one of the best diddys hands down!

Ah being one of the best. Those were the days...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I think you could be a Top Diddy Player in the U.S. if you would just stop rolling, air dodging, spot dodging, ect... Every time you do that stuff I shake my head because its obvious that you have potential. Then again what do I know, I don't even play Brawl :p

-lee-
LOL...thanks? =) But yeah, Brawl's defensive options suck and often lead to punishment.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ok thien i will critique them just for you!

go on aim, i don't feel like typing everything here

Player-1

Smash Legend

Well I'm going to stop commenting about this since Thien told us not to, but Georgia has 1 or 2 good D3s. I would like to see videos of you and Atomsk playing eachother and you hitting Atomsk at 130% with a fresh dsmash/fsmash at the edge and him surviving.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Thein is one of the best diddys hands down!

Ah being one of the best. Those were the days...
I still AM one of the best, and I don't even really play lolz.

LOL...thanks? =) But yeah, Brawl's defensive options suck and often lead to punishment.
That was a compliment, I rarely give compliments out to Diddy players, sorry its just that there are very few good ones. Just for the record Brawls defensive options are WAAAAY 2 GOOD.

-lee-

ADHD

Smash Hero
I still AM one of the best, and I don't even really play lolz.

That was a compliment, I rarely give compliments out to Diddy players, sorry its just that there are very few good ones. Just for the record Brawls defensive options are WAAAAY 2 GOOD.

-lee-
advent all you needed was to keep playing, you were a beast you just needed little technical combos to add and matchup stuffs.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
yeah i donno why you quit anyways, if you quit why do you stil come to the boards btw? and how you gonna quit after i spent my time drawing that pic.....rude...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yeah i donno why you quit anyways, if you quit why do you stil come to the boards btw? and how you gonna quit after i spent my time drawing that pic.....rude...
wont even draw me a pic

thats ****ed up

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
advent all you needed was to keep playing, you were a beast you just needed little technical combos to add and matchup stuffs.

I was extremely technical, I even made up like 20% of Diddy's techs on my own, but your right about me not knowing match ups. D3, Snake and Falco were the only real match ups I knew, I free styled everything else...

Does everyone still think MK is the best and did NinjaLink or any other Diddy players wreck M2k again yet? LoLz.

-lee-

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I dont really have any comments about your playstyle/skill
IMO your good
It looks like youve mastered most of diddy's techniques if not all
What i do have to say though is that it seems to me that you start of slow and then play better and faster as the match progresses. A really good example of this is your first match (I think it was the first one) on Battlefield with T-Rex.
I dont know why but i think if you played as good in the beginning of a match as you do in the end, you would probably win more matches.
Anyways, hope I could help

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
I liked all those matches^.^

It was very entertaining to watch. The ALLY ones gave me butterflies.

-Thiens grammar is Top Tier

pastaboy

Smash Champion
who all is going to genisis. i would love to have friendlies with all of you guys. even if im not into brawl by then. cant pass up an opportunity that big.

ADHD

Smash Hero
thien, i have alot to say, but you won't go on aim so i guess you'll just have to stay where you're at now :urg:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
What i do have to say though is that it seems to me that you start of slow and then play better and faster as the match progresses. A really good example of this is your first match (I think it was the first one) on Battlefield with T-Rex.
I dont know why but i think if you played as good in the beginning of a match as you do in the end, you would probably win more matches.
Anyways, hope I could help
Actually, that's a good point. I tend to start sets pretty slow against players or characters with foreign play-styles, but I adapt fairly well by the second and third matches. That's been true for a lot of my set-determining first matches recently (T-Rex, Santi, Espy, etc.). I guess I just have to think harder and play smarter.

And a lot less rolling.

-Thiens grammar is Top Tier
Holla.

Count

Smash Champion
I think rolling is something we all need to think about. I know that I do it wayyyy too much. I've seen other diddy players do it, even top diddy players like thien and AZ. I never really see any other characters do it, just us. Why do we roll so much? This almost needs its own thread.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I think rolling is something we all need to think about. I know that I do it wayyyy too much. I've seen other diddy players do it, even top diddy players like thien and AZ. I never really see any other characters do it, just us. Why do we roll so much? This almost needs its own thread.
I roll a lot because I genuinely suck.

To elaborate further:

I sometimes get excited or over-anticipate actions, or think too fast for my fingers, and my command input precision deteriorates. Somehow, one of the above factors always manages to force me into bad decision-making, and if I feel cornered and don't know what to do, I will roll. Simple as that.

This is real talk: I roll randomly at weird points of some matches because I genuinely don't know what to do. I even do it when I have banana peels. It's not like I have wave-dashing like I did back in Melee, where I could at least do that over and over again to re-space myself and still have frame and positional advantage. Sometimes, I even roll on accident because I ****ed up a simple glide-toss. Sometimes, I even roll on accident because I was trying to F-air or B-air out of shield! That's how bad my controller precision can be on occasion.

I am not as good as I have mind-gamed most of you into thinking.

This is the primary critical flaw in my game-play, and the road to correcting this is long and hard.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I roll a lot because I genuinely suck.

To elaborate further:

I sometimes get excited or over-anticipate actions, or think too fast for my fingers, and my command input precision deteriorates. Somehow, one of the above factors always manages to force me into bad decision-making, and if I feel cornered and don't know what to do, I will roll. Simple as that.

This is real talk: I roll randomly at weird points of some matches because I genuinely don't know what to do. I even do it when I have banana peels. It's not like I have wave-dashing like I did back in Melee, where I could at least do that over and over again to re-space myself and still have frame and positional advantage. Sometimes, I even roll on accident because I ****ed up a simple glide-toss. Sometimes, I even roll on accident because I was trying to F-air or B-air out of shield! That's how bad my controller precision can be on occasion.

I am not as good as I have mind-gamed most of you into thinking.

This is the primary critical flaw in my game-play, and the road to correcting this is long and hard.
or you can just accept that you are TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol come to hobo 14 plz

Top Bottom