• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
K, so like...

I made a cruddy makeshift teaser for Project Link II since I had some new orchestral scores. I'll make a new thread for PJL2 once Rwan and I finish the trailer. Butyeahhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFFzTnGkLdI
We don't need a new thread. The Introduction/FAQ/Rules includes important links, so just shoot me the link when it's finished and I'll put it in there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1. M2K
2. Judge
3. Shugo
4. Arty
5. Boom Boom Bagel (Hunger)
5. MN Moe
7. Kain
7. Nappy
9. Quik
9. TripleR
9. Akashi
9. Ook
13. YoshQ
13. Fatboy
13. Revenge of the Sniffers (Sago)
13. Scythe
17. Goup Fister 1000 (Grimace)
17. DLA
17. Swani /
17. Loki /
17. Ankoku /
17. Kennispam
17. MagicJosh
17. Meneil
25. LesGoldrock
25. Dragmire /
25. Folk
25. Corms
25. RedRyu /
25. Gladiel_VaStar /
25. Kouse
25. Tony /

*Bracket: http://yfrog.com/9emasbrawlsinglesbracketg *

Did not make it out of pools

33. Alex
33. Dietz
33. Breezy
33. Mimeman
33. Zwarm
33. SpongeJordan
33. Frank
33. Leroy
41. Moozle
41. Shawreck
41. Thug
41. Se-kert

Well I tried, sad to say I didn't get much in terms of victories with Link. :/

Rizen

Smash Legend
Better luck next time.:bee:

I just learned that only moves that connect with a hurt box of some kind decay or 'freshen'. I've been Bairing to renew moves for no reason.:urg:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ohai thar peepz.

GJ Ryu, making out of pools (while losing with your bottom tier character) is pretty good nonetheless. I recommend going one tourney using only Marth (Link as a CP as needed) to see how far you can go, then work on both characters together to bring them up to that standard as a team.

EDIT: So I got SoulSilver (if you have a problem with a college kid playing pokemanz, click here: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-032910.php

I discovered that a level 10 Togepi, combined with a Raticate of any level, can fully dispose of the Ghost Gym. Alone.
This amused me to no end.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
M2K ***** me pretty hard, but I still feel like I could have done better than dual 3 stocks. :/

Marth? maybe I like how Lucario helps me out a bit more, that and I main him with Link, lol.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Does anyone actually have homebrew+infinite replays at these tournaments?

I try to always play on hacked Wii's, I bring my own SD card and save all my matches that I have. You should try get into the habit :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My wii does and some other wii's did, but I played on a few that didn't have it at all.

Not to mention people needed to hit the replay button and most skipped past their matches.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Aight peeps.

My location says it all. June 23rd is when I leave. I'll try to visit still in the meantime.

Love you all, but I'm going to tropical paradise for the next two years.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Aight peeps.

My location says it all. June 23rd is when I leave. I'll try to visit still in the meantime.

Love you all, but I'm going to tropical paradise for the next two years.
Enjoy your stay at the "tropical paradise".

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Tropics... Sun... Not my thing... I was playing some friendlies against my cousin yesterday; we had some sick games. I need some SERIOUS help with DI. I understand it, but I can't seem to work it into my game. It doesn't seem at all practical to decide what move you're getting hit with, think about the trajectory at which it will send you, and mash two sticks in the perpendicular direction to the trajectory all in a split second. NOT TO MENTION, generally, you won't be getting hit with a lethal move unless you're not expecting it. Ugh. DI.

Anyway. I notice that some of you haven't introduced yourself yet! We'd love to hear a little bit about you all! If you ever get a chance, just drop by this thread and type up a short biography.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Thunder of Zeus:
DI isn't really something that you think about. The more and more you use it the more of a reflex it becomes; I do it without even thinking about it. I started with only using the Control stick to get the idea of it, then I gradually incorporated the C-stick; maybe that'll help? In general I usually DI up and toward the stage at high percents, up and away at low percents, and rarely down-> hookshot from a semispike, although super fast moves like MK's or Pikachu's nair do get me occasionally. Meh, you probably know all of this better than I do.

And is that thread for everyone? I thought it was for the mods to introduce themselves? ...or am I thinking of another thread?

And see you Anoano! Have fun!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Guys I'll be out for a few days, going to a big tourney. I'm having bad feelings as always. I don't think I'll do as well as I did previously since this time there'll be much more better players coming to the tourney and I've been on a major losing streak. :cry:

So yeah, see you guys in a couple days! Keep these boards clean and constructive while I'm away! :p

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Save that second jump man!

He was relying almost entirely on baiting your character-based habits, like airdodging to avoid the gimp, dairs, and fsmashes. Work on maximizing the effectiveness of the timing of when you do those things. If that makes sense.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Back from the tourney! Out of like 43 entrants I came like 13th when I made it in the bracket.

1: tibs (Diddy)
2: Shaya (Marth)
3: Amaterasu (MK)
4: Earla (MK)
5: tedeth (Wario)
5: swordsaintscoot (Falco)
7: Nanda (MK)
7: Liam (MK)
9: C-Dog (Kirby)
9: Silfa (DK)
9: luke_atyeo (Snake)
9: Meteor (?)
13: Scabe (Link)
13: Attila (Snake, Falco)
13: J-Birds (Snake)
13: S.D (Diddy?)
17: Bjay (Wario)
17: Hotdogs (Kirby)
17: Zero_ (ZSS)
17: Nicks (Wario)
17: KEITA (Diddy)
17: ViVa (Mario)
17: Zxv (?)
17: SCAR1 (MK)

I'm proud on myself for being one out of the 2 people who used a low tier and got that far but I'm disappointed at some of the things I did. Our team Hyrule Kings of Swing failed so much. We kept getting put up against and gayed with teams that had MK in it.

Anyways all the results and bracket are here:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9094

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I find it interesting that I managed to get votes without even being around... but aside from that I got 2nd place in a 20 man tourney.

A Marth two stocked me on FD so I CP'd brinstar and three stocked him. Good times.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Oh, Marth =)

The news just keeps getting better.

I think I might have a potential Brawling partner. He goes to my school. He seems to be pretty competitive- not well known, but he knows his stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to establish some kind of friendship with him.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I like it vs Marth, but half of the Marth's switch to MK when I CP it. :/

Also I am officially twenty.
Eww. The Marth boards have a hatred for MK, yet one-by-one everyone seems to be picking him up as a secondary.

Twenty? How old is that in detective dog years?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I gave you a happy bday notice, but you didn't reply. D:

Also, alert everyone:

-LOST-
THREAD OWNER

Have you seen this man?

ANONANO may also masquerade as

OR EVEN

HE MUST BE FOUND!

IN CASE OF TOTAL LOSS,

LINK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD NEEDS NEW OWNER:

!!!APPLY AT FRONT DESK NOW!!!**

*Limited spots are available
**Some restrictions may apply

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I wouldn't mind someone starting a new general discussion thread only because that Poll is bothering me :p

Not even mods/smods/senators can take it off. :mad088: I asked an admin yet though.

Crow!

Smash Lord
(continuing Anonano's post)
***Offer void in Utah and where prohibited by law.
****If not satisfied by this thread, return unread portion for a full refund.

Rizen

Smash Legend
(continuing Anonano's post)
***Offer void in Utah and where prohibited by law.
****If not satisfied by this thread, return unread portion for a full refund.
(The catch is it's fee to begin with)

Top Bottom