• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
WELL DAYUM!
Like I said man, they range from innocent to not so innocent.

Not so innocent being the ones with fetishes that will scar you, bend you over, and raaaaaaaaaape your childhood.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's the other 'f' word, I see:scared:.
Ahh no problem man~! Just giving credit wear credit is due. Never new CO had a link player~!
Yeah, I'm just a wifi player. Everything's so d*** far and I don't have a car. Insomnia doesn't help either. I like the CO smash scene except it's spread so thin. Although I am thinking of trying to attend smash fests/tourneys again.
I might post in the regional thread when it cools down, lol.

('thinking of trying' <how's that for noncommittal?)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Huggles may have had multiple shots of Captain Morgan's tonight, and reserves the right to take back anything he says in the morning.

Also, he may have been watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000 which involved a Catfish-Man-Monster with a very Ganondorfish appearance and a lot of body hair.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Huggles may have had multiple shots of Captain Morgan's tonight, and reserves the right to take back anything he says in the morning.

Also, he may have been watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000 which involved a Catfish-Man-Monster with a very Ganondorfish appearance and a lot of body hair.
That explains it. And lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Do you guys ever have any tournaments?
Not really. Just small smashfests at people's houses or wifi events hosted elsewhere.:urg:

You may have also heard of Delicious Dave, Meno Underwater, and Fishbait (currently 17th on AiB's single ladder) too. They're from CO.

Still awake...

eveningninja

Smash Apprentice
Do any of you map your "attack" to the R button? Izaw said he does, and I'm not really sure why. I'd ask him but he seems busy so I don't wanna spam him or anything XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Do any of you map your "attack" to the R button? Izaw said he does, and I'm not really sure why. I'd ask him but he seems busy so I don't wanna spam him or anything XD
I do.

The reason is I can pull a bomb and hold 'R' then use 'C' with my thumb forward to bombFsmash.

eveningninja

Smash Apprentice
Oh sweet. Any other re-mappings you do? I personally switch Z and Y, so Z is my jump and Y is my grab.

And does this R-attack button come in handy for any other characters?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I hold my controller all weird. It would take forever to explain it. Suffice it to say if I was forced to play like a normal person using X for jump, Z for grab, and with tap jump on, I would not be able to play the game at any level at all.

So I went to go see Harry Potter 7 part 2. The best part of the movie: Voldemort kills Harry using the "UHVUHDUH KUHDUVRUH!!!!!!" curse.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I take tap jump off, change R to attack, and Y to special.

R as Attack makes bomb smashing and DAC infinitely easier.

Y as Special makes jumping specials faster and easier to pull off

Tap jump doesn't help Link or Samus much.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Oldmanondorf is definitely a pedo, haha. Plus Ganon is a pig monster more often than not, or turns into one at some point.

The Master Sword helps Link's rabbit problem. And can't he eventually travel through the Twilight too?

Haha, maybe I did have one too many that night. Probably a mix of that weird Mystery Science Theatre show and an Anchorman quote (what an amazing movie, haha).

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I think I'ma try for the Write With Your Power contest. Wish me luck...
Good luck!

<><><><>
There are no good new games out right now :(.

______

I've found in doubles the best thing for Link to do is space away from his partner unless they're in trouble.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Good luck!

I've found in doubles the best thing for Link to do is space away from his partner unless they're in trouble.
Yes but i usually don't pick Link in doubles regardless. He just kinda gets his game messed up there. No real space to work with. I could just be bad at doubles but i don't like Link in dubz for sure. He doesn't serve much of a purpose and usually needs babysitting thus becoming an annoyance to the teammate. Plus, if there is an MK on the opposing team against Link, Link's team is not winning, ever. Link is just a walking meat sack to serve as three free stocks for MK because Link's main game plan against MK is to keep him away and that becomes impossible in dubz. The match pretty much becomes a two on one. This is a very frequent problem since MK is like wildfire in dubz since he wins all the dubz nationals and like 50% of dubz players use him. I'm training Sheik for dubz instead.

Low tier doubles is another story as i think Link can actually serve a purpose there. I don't know who Link matchs up well with in low tier, tho.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link can be good in teams but he remains a low tier. Low tiers don't compare :( . Link/Samus IS an awesome team. I played with a stranger in wifi doubles as Link and him/her Samus and even with no training together we rocked, ...friendlies. It's in the video thread somewhere.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I sometimes play Link in regular doubles, he's really good at dealing damage and KILLING imo, but once he's off stage, just one time, he's dead unless you have a good partner/MK teammate.

Basically I just throw bombs/rang and mash f-smash/dair the entire match and hope they hit.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^:awesome: cute <3

Zair can be great in doubles for stirring chaos and breaking setups.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^What's he saying?

It's so cute <3

Rizen

Smash Legend
My Link is getting good. ...on wifi. My secondaries are coming along nicely too.
/gloat

How should I transition from wifi to offline?

PS
This post only exists to add traffic to the forums; they're so dead :(

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
My Link is getting good. ...on wifi. My secondaries are coming along nicely too.
/gloat

How should I transition from wifi to offline?

PS
This post only exists to add traffic to the forums; they're so dead :(
Going to tournies is the absolute best way to make this transition. Get as many friendlies as possible cause you wil soon learn that offline is a completely different experience as i have learned quickly even tho i've never played online much. Reading, mindgames, etc are more important and harder to do offline since now they have actual reaction time instead of delayed reaction.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Hey there.

At the Link AiB boards, a discussion came up about what will happen when Smash 4 comes out. Odds are by that time a lot of the Link players who held a grudge will either be gone, or will get over it, so its likely most of the community will move back here. Perhaps one of you guys can make a thread prepping for Smash 4 and what the boards need to establish. I can make said thread if you guys don't mind.

Of course we're thinking well in advance, who knows what they have in plan for the Smash series. The topic will be brought up again as the time of release approaches.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ There is a SSB4 thread that says all other threads with that theme will be locked:c.
I can't find the link. But you could make a 'Next Gen Link' thread or something like that.

Edit:
Potentially good news about SSB4,
http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html
"A big discussion point amongst IGN staff, as well as readers, is the balance of characters. Some, like Meta Knight, seem incredibly overpowered compared to others. Sakurai noted in his discussion with Iwata that in the past he has done all of the balancing personally. He plans to involve his staff much more for these future installments.

The foundation of the 3DS and Wii U Smash Bros. titles has yet to be established. Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there."
So hopefully with more people and using Brawl as a stepping stone, the balance of characters will be better than previous SSBs games. And Link only has one direction he can move: up.

For anyone a long time OoT & FE fan, I have made an observation.
mages in FE for the longest time have had funky long pointy hats. Link for the longest time has had a long and funky pointy hat. I propose that all FE mages are link wannabes.

Also Ryu, I expect to play you someday. Maybe soon if you come to the Madison tourney in September.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played offline vs people for the first time in a few years:bee:. Man, Link has to work so hard to win it's ridiculous:mad:! I did well but didn't save any replays because they were friendlies. Link is better on wifi.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also Ryu, I expect to play you someday. Maybe soon if you come to the Madison tourney in September.
If I can get out there, sure.

Also Rizen, Link is hard, and wifi is easier than offline people online aren't as good as people at tournaments, or at least this is how it is for me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also Rizen, Link is hard, and wifi is easier than offline people online aren't as good as people at tournaments, or at least this is how it is for me.
There are some great people online but I don't think it's about skill. On Wifi it's harder to shield and shielding kills Link's game so he does better against most opponents (except ones like Ike:glare:). Everything seems slower too so Link doesn't have to access the situation as quickly either.
That's my take on it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah, be like Deva then they won't wanna play you.
Seriously, am i the only one who thinks Deva spam Dair waaaaaayyyy too much when he used to play?
I think he said that himself too.

Dair is a great anti-planking/edge guarding attack. Link has the best Dair in the game;).

Top Bottom