• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

IYM!

Smash Lord
Link dont have very much strenght, in fact he need more, but with a faster moveset,

His kill power will be decent,conciderating his buff in his speed, he would give more damage in less time.
With faster arieal movestet he would have a even better MC, that mean more time on stage, more chances to win.
More combos and deadly moves, also better priority.

The"priority" dont exist in smash, is just hitbox interactions, have a big hitbox is good, and have a fast move with a big hitbox is even better.

the recovery would still being a flaw, but the speed can compensate it a lot

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ryos, you have discovered the concept of Hammer Space. And thus, I argue Link should actually be a very fast-moving character in Brawl; his gear should not slow him down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_satchel
Lol, so true.
Link dont have very much strenght, in fact he need more, but with a faster moveset,

His kill power will be decent,conciderating his buff in his speed, he would give more damage in less time.
With faster arieal movestet he would have a even better MC, that mean more time on stage, more chances to win.
More combos and deadly moves, also better priority.
Link had good power but he doesn't have any 'broken' powerful moves like Kirby's Fsmash, Snake's Utilt, G&W's Usmash and so on except Dair. Link's power is more evenly divided among several moves.
The"priority" dont exist in smash, is just hitbox interactions, have a big hitbox is good, and have a fast move with a big hitbox is even better.
Priority does exist. For example, Link's bombs go through his Zair but his arrows and boomerang don't. Link's Dair>MK's UpB but G&W's longer Dair<MK's upB. Grabs>close combat attacks but sometimes the grabber will take damage if the moves clash. Things like those are based on move priority.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Ehh, Link doesn't seem bad, but he has a lot of glaring weaknesses that really do him in and make him pretty much bottom of the barrel.

Link's pretty heavy weight and great MC move considering how heavy he is means he lives forever, but this means he gets combo'd/CG'd much easier too. Outside of a couple of characters who have ways to work around the downsides of being heavy (Snake, Wario, D3), heavyweights seem to be stuck in the bottom tier time and again.

Link's projectile game is good, and he can mix it up well, but honestly it's just outclassed by other characters' projectile games, and it can be pretty much shut down by a player who's good at powershielding and grabbing items in the air. Link is good at midrange, but being merely good isn't enough to compensate for how bad he is at other things.

His biggest weakness is having no close range/OoS game at all. Give him a 3 frame jab, a normal grab, and make upB OoS like 6 frames startup with half the cooldown and that right there shoots Link up the tier list a solid amount. Link's pretty much a punching bag up close, and it really hurts him. You can tell how crippling it is when you have to play a character that makes Link approach/is so fast they can get in easy anyway.

His recovery sucks, and certain characters (coughMKcough) completely exploit it. But it's not his biggest flaw. Marth and Falco both manage to be top tier with mediocre recoveries. Snake's isn't the best either. In Brawl you can usually make it back with good DI. That said, Link's recovery is close to the bottom, and that's just not OK when he's already got so many other problems to have to work around.

Link just doesn't have a lot going for him and too much going against him, forcing him to rely on outsmarting the opponent. Most of the ATs he does have end up being gimmicks with not a whole lot of practicality. He just not a good enough character to succeed without being a better and smarter player than his opponent. (I think he should be tied with Captain Falcon for 5th worst ahead of Jiggz, Zelda and Ganon, and I don't really see him being better than anyone else).

So basically, Link sucks, if you wanna succeed with him you need to be a good player, work on being smart, don't waste time with the silly ATs, learn lots of characters to make you better in general/ help visualize the MU, get a secondary to cover his worst MUs.

/Linksucksanditmakesmesad:(

Ryos4

Smash Lord
How did this turn into a link pity party again?

Anyway, i honestly think if his movement speed, jump height, and attack speed were that of TL, he would be much better than he is now and probably better than TL is now. I've heard talk before that "Link is a spacing character who is incapable of spacing well..." Most likely from lack of speed. If he had that he would be a monster camper that would most likely out camp Pit. IMO TL and Link already have mid range advantage over Pit in terms of projectiles, if you combine TL speed and Links melee range it would out right own Pit and force Pit to approach close range or constantly run to long range. I don't see what would be wrong with making Link the best projectile user considering that's what he is built for. While Pit works generally works better in both projectile and melee.

It's funny i for one was upset when i thought they completely dropped young Link before SSBB's release. But now that i think about it. They should just make one good Link.

Also I really like Link's grab. I'm not sure why but everything about it to me is great (aside for the inability to grab airborne enemies at most points of the grab.) It has just enough range to catch opponents off guard and its not super long like Samus to make it take forever to reel in. If anything they should make a dash grab for Link like Samus. The only real problem for me is that they only do 7 damage per throw. 7 is fine for Dthrow but F and B throw should be around 8-10 and Uthrow should be like 11. And F or B throw should have more horizontal knock back that isnt so DIable. Its almost impossible to throw someone out of bounds even on walk off stages unless you are basically at the line.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Lol, so true.

Link had good power but he doesn't have any 'broken' powerful moves like Kirby's Fsmash, Snake's Utilt, G&W's Usmash and so on except Dair. Link's power is more evenly divided among several moves.
yes, Link dont have any broken move, his dair is very strong when you conect it with the sweetspot (can kill bowser at 98% in FD) but isnt so easy to land.

Link need one or two broken moves, i mean, Marth is fast and have his tip, Kirby have 5 jumps and good aerial gameplay and have 4 powerfull moves (Hamer, Fsmash, Usmash, Rock,) pikachu is fast as hell, and have that broken Down B.

Ehh, Link doesn't seem bad, but he has a lot of glaring weaknesses that really do him in and make him pretty much bottom of the barrel.

Link's pretty heavy weight and great MC move considering how heavy he is means he lives forever, but this means he gets combo'd/CG'd much easier too. Outside of a couple of characters who have ways to work around the downsides of being heavy (Snake, Wario, D3), heavyweights seem to be stuck in the bottom tier time and again.

Link's projectile game is good, and he can mix it up well, but honestly it's just outclassed by other characters' projectile games, and it can be pretty much shut down by a player who's good at powershielding and grabbing items in the air. Link is good at midrange, but being merely good isn't enough to compensate for how bad he is at other things.

His biggest weakness is having no close range/OoS game at all. Give him a 3 frame jab, a normal grab, and make upB OoS like 6 frames startup with half the cooldown and that right there shoots Link up the tier list a solid amount. Link's pretty much a punching bag up close, and it really hurts him. You can tell how crippling it is when you have to play a character that makes Link approach/is so fast they can get in easy anyway.

His recovery sucks, and certain characters (coughMKcough) completely exploit it. But it's not his biggest flaw. Marth and Falco both manage to be top tier with mediocre recoveries. Snake's isn't the best either. In Brawl you can usually make it back with good DI. That said, Link's recovery is close to the bottom, and that's just not OK when he's already got so many other problems to have to work around.

Link just doesn't have a lot going for him and too much going against him, forcing him to rely on outsmarting the opponent. Most of the ATs he does have end up being gimmicks with not a whole lot of practicality. He just not a good enough character to succeed without being a better and smarter player than his opponent. (I think he should be tied with Captain Falcon for 5th worst ahead of Jiggz, Zelda and Ganon, and I don't really see him being better than anyone else).

So basically, Link sucks, if you wanna succeed with him you need to be a good player, work on being smart, don't waste time with the silly ATs, learn lots of characters to make you better in general/ help visualize the MU, get a secondary to cover his worst MUs.

/Linksucksanditmakesmesad:(
i cant be more agree with you huggles

Rizen

Smash Legend
My opinion is Link's lag is his biggest flaw. Reducing the lag alone would make Link rise considerably but he'd still have killer MUs with characters like DDD and Falco because their CGs.
Like Negi said he needs a momentum boost. Better side-air movement would really help.
I like link's arrows over TL's because locks and they support SH spamming. He doesn't need TL's boomerang necessarily, it would help but I think the wind effect of the current one should pull shields and be buffed. Less projectile lag too.
Also I really like Link's grab. I'm not sure why but everything about it to me is great (aside for the inability to grab airborne enemies at most points of the grab.) It has just enough range to catch opponents off guard and its not super long like Samus to make it take forever to reel in. If anything they should make a dash grab for Link like Samus. The only real problem for me is that they only do 7 damage per throw. 7 is fine for Dthrow but F and B throw should be around 8-10 and Uthrow should be like 11. And F or B throw should have more horizontal knock back that isnt so DIable. Its almost impossible to throw someone out of bounds even on walk off stages unless you are basically at the line.
My problem with Link's grab is it's so laggy for both start-up and cool down.
Standing Grab:
Frame 11: Catch collisions out: 8 frame duration.
Frame 85: End of animation.

Running Grab:
Frame 13: Catch collisions out: 8 frame duration.
Frame 95: End of animation.

Pivot Grab:
Frame 14: Catch collisions out: 7 frame duration.
Frame 95: End of animation.

85 frames of animation is ridiculous:urg:. It should grab out of the air at the claw 'grab bubble' too.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
85 frames is only a second and a half. Samus or ZSS must have nearly twice that. And Yoshi's is almost as long as Links probably. IMO its pretty decent for the amount of range he gets compared to the speed it moves and the duration. Its much better then TLs grab which IMO is utter trash. Its both slow and has crap range.

Also i saw you on AIB today though you never answered...

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I dunno, 85 frames is pretty much an eternity in a fighting game. That's close to what a Warlock punch is; I wouldn't call the startup on that move "not bad." Good Yoshis run away > pivot grab which is much quicker. Samus doesn't usually want to be in a situation where grab is her best option. Gay just has better options OoS most of the time anyway, like nair or bair. Link's grab takes 11 frames for the hitbubble at his hand to come out, that's not how quick it extends. So unless you perfect shield something, the shield push from some attacks still makes them unpunishable with grab because by the time the grab box gets there the opponent will be able to move. Heck, it's not even that hard to just dodge on reaction either. Link would definitely be better off with just a typical 8 frame grab with, say, Marth's range and the 30 frame cooldown or whatever it is, haha.

I think Gay's arrows and boomerang are both >>> Link's. Gay's arrows are definitely better out of short hop, and his double arrow out of short hop is way better than Link's out of a full jump. Slower moving projectiles are more dangerous than fast ones too, since they're out there for you to have to avoid longer and are harder to powershield. Losing arrow locking isn't as big a deal since Link can usually just walk up and jab in those situations. A boomerang that hits on the way back is way better than a push or pull effect; it leads to combos and can stop them from occurring on you as well. The only thing Link's boomerang has over Gay's is the ability to set up a jab lock if it hits up close (outside of gimmicky Zelda Din's pushes and stuff).

The fact is Link sucks, there's nothing we can do about it, and talking about what would make Link better doesn't really do anything aside from stress just how much of a weakness it is in the first place, so take pride in being a Link main, milk as much of an advantage out of the "your opponent has no clue what the heck to do against Link" thing as you can.... and switch to your secondary when your opponent pulls out their pocket MK :troll:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Pertinent Side Tangent

I was recently watching History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi again and one of his techniques is an interesting explanation to a theory of controlling spacing in SSB.
Seikūken:
A defensive technique that involves controlling the entire radius within one's arm length, creating a spherical shield around oneself. Weapon users can extend the range to several feet around them with the additional length of their weapons, allowing them to defend even at mid-range. More experienced fighters can even extend the range with minimal lengths by using air pressure. However, a Seikuken with a larger radius is not necessarily better.
Maybe if someone has the time and resources. It might be helpful to some people to actually show Link's "Seikuken" with hit bubbles of all of his attacks (possibly different colors) on an idle image of Link (sort of like the projectile one that's always floating around). It could help people space better and help instinctively react to where the opponent is, with the appropriate attack.

Once you get good at that you can take it even a step further and use it while on the move. The only problem is that you only get as much coverage as the amount of moves you are able to access. Hmm another reason to refrain from dashing. lol.

For some reason writing this made me think of this post http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10555248&postcount=2
I wanna do something like that again.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tip of Link's attack spacing is a really good thing to know.
Also i saw you on AIB today though you never answered...
Was I in the wifi room? Sorry about that, I probably was playing vs someone.
Haha, I dunno, 85 frames is pretty much an eternity in a fighting game. That's close to what a Warlock punch is; I wouldn't call the startup on that move "not bad." Good Yoshis run away > pivot grab which is much quicker. Samus doesn't usually want to be in a situation where grab is her best option. Gay just has better options OoS most of the time anyway, like nair or bair. Link's grab takes 11 frames for the hitbubble at his hand to come out, that's not how quick it extends. So unless you perfect shield something, the shield push from some attacks still makes them unpunishable with grab because by the time the grab box gets there the opponent will be able to move. Heck, it's not even that hard to just dodge on reaction either. Link would definitely be better off with just a typical 8 frame grab with, say, Marth's range and the 30 frame cooldown or whatever it is, haha.
Completely agree. BTW, Marth's grab starts on frame 6 and ends on 29.
I still say Link's boomerang wind is underrated but too weak. Stronger wind could be really useful for spacing/gimping. I've gimped Marth/Mario/Sheik and others with wind; it's more than a gimmick vs that only works on a few characters.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I kinda view spacing as "area you want to be in because you're relatively safe, while you are either in a disadvantageous, or at least neutral position for your opponent." So basically, even though MK's longest range attack reaches a distance of, let's just assign the random number 7, you don't want to be within range of (again some random number just to demonstrate a concept) maybe 12 because of how quickly he can get within that range of 7 without you being able to reliably defend against/counter it. Perhaps the range of 12-15 is the range Link wants to be in because he can counter MK's options more easily or at least force a neutral positioning if MK sloppily tries something from within that distance, so even though Link has more range than MK in some aspects the range of 1-12 is not safe at all for Link, and beyond 15 Link can't realistically hit MK (maybe this is, say, trying to hit him with a fully charged arrow, so while you're "safe" from him, you're not applying any pressure on him so there are better areas on the stage to be). Likewise, against Falco, the range of say 8-infinity is very bad for Link, while a range of 1-7 is also terrible for Link; even though his sword is longer than Falco's legs, beak, etc., he doesn't really have a range to effectively fight against Falco safely considering the pressure applied and speed of the attacks that Falco can safely attack with.

So basically, with this definition, Link, despite outranging almost everyone else in the game, actually gets outspaced by a lot of characters who can easily get inside his range, and his lag means that despite his range, he is heavily "outspaced" within very close distances by most characters. The area you want to be in can change for different opponents, too.

Again, this is me kinda trying to put into words a kind of "gut feeling" of a concept, and I don't think I explained it very well. But my point is outranging and outspacing are entirely different things and spacing changes drastically depending on your opponent, so I'm not sure how much help a picture of Link's ranges helps in terms of proper spacing, haha. The more I play in tourneys, the more I feel like this game is less about solid facts and absolutes, and more abstract concepts and feel; it's not a static game, it's constantly changing. In short, it's about adaptation more than merely applying knowledge or picking the "single correct" choice in a situation.

I dunno if that made any sense at all, haha.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
I kinda view spacing as "area you want to be in because you're relatively safe, while you are either in a disadvantageous, or at least neutral position for your opponent." So basically, even though MK's longest range attack reaches a distance of, let's just assign the random number 7, you don't want to be within range of (again some random number just to demonstrate a concept) maybe 12 because of how quickly he can get within that range of 7 without you being able to reliably defend against/counter it. Perhaps the range of 12-15 is the range Link wants to be in because he can counter MK's options more easily or at least force a neutral positioning if MK sloppily tries something from within that distance, so even though Link has more range than MK in some aspects the range of 1-12 is not safe at all for Link, and beyond 15 Link can't realistically hit MK (maybe this is, say, trying to hit him with a fully charged arrow, so while you're "safe" from him, you're not applying any pressure on him so there are better areas on the stage to be). Likewise, against Falco, the range of say 8-infinity is very bad for Link, while a range of 1-7 is also terrible for Link; even though his sword is longer than Falco's legs, beak, etc., he doesn't really have a range to effectively fight against Falco safely considering the pressure applied and speed of the attacks that Falco can safely attack with.

So basically, with this definition, Link, despite outranging almost everyone else in the game, actually gets outspaced by a lot of characters who can easily get inside his range, and his lag means that despite his range, he is heavily "outspaced" within very close distances by most characters. The area you want to be in can change for different opponents, too.

Again, this is me kinda trying to put into words a kind of "gut feeling" of a concept, and I don't think I explained it very well. But my point is outranging and outspacing are entirely different things and spacing changes drastically depending on your opponent, so I'm not sure how much help a picture of Link's ranges helps in terms of proper spacing, haha. The more I play in tourneys, the more I feel like this game is less about solid facts and absolutes, and more abstract concepts and feel; it's not a static game, it's constantly changing. In short, it's about adaptation more than merely applying knowledge or picking the "single correct" choice in a situation.

I dunno if that made any sense at all, haha.
Exactly. Many people think that since Link outranges 7 out of 8 of the cast that he can easily space them. If you went by that logic then Ike should be a beast of a spacer. Link lack of speed hinders his spacing. In fact, speed is alot more important and useful for spacing than range.

Spacing and Zoning is really just staying within safe range while also staying close enough to punish an attack. Aggresive spacing is just throwing out attacks that are safe but they look like you can punish them. Crouch jabbing in street fighter is a great example of this. This method forces you to do something like attack back with a counter attack that the aggresive opponent can punish by prediction since his attack is safe and he waited on your reaction anyways. Watch justin wong play street fighter or mortal kombat if you want a visual image of this type of spacing and zoning. At times it looks like he just attacks mindlessly but he actually plans things out and conditions his oppoents by constant pressure. Link has a very hard time doing this since most of his attacks are not safe and his speed does not apply much pressure. Aggresive zoning is control the area around you and forceing your opponent in a bad position and out of your zone so they can't attack you. Marth does this alot with Fairs, Nairs, tipped attacks, and his speed to push his opponents in bad spots while he remains safe.

Spacing and zoning is pretty much "staying as close to fire as possible without getting burned". Staying within your opponents "sour spots" or areas they are weak in or cannot attack you in while remaining in the distance to punish them or attack them safely. Link's "sour spot" would be close range while his "sweet spot" would be mid range.

Stay within your opponent's sour spots and pressure them from there. Look to stay in your sweet spot as well and attack with safe attacks. I'm not sure if i explain this well but i hope you guys get what i am saying. Speed is much better for spacing since it allows you to step in and out of your opponent's range qiuckly to bait reactions. Range is good for allowing safer attacks and better, easier to obtain sweet spots. Link is missing the more important aspect of spacing while Marth and MK have both which is why they outspace and outrange him.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
It is weird to me that the word spacing is said to mean a bunch. Ive heard spacing mean:
1. The timing in terms of frames (An animation term that some brawlers actually use)
2. Controlling the immediate space around you in terms of range (What i was talking about)
3. The area between you and your opponent (Basically what you are talking about)

Yes what you are talking about is true. But what i was trying to get at is what to do when opponents get through your wall of projectiles. I've seen many Link players who just try to get out as quick as possible or swing wildly with smashes. Sure its good to get out and get back to a comfortable spacing but the opponent is going to get back in and you are in the same position. You could also just swing wildly with smashes to get them away, but a lot of good players will see it coming or even bait it.

I think one of the main things that holds many Link players back is not being able to deal with people in close range. It would probably help to explore it, even if only in theory. And maybe its not even help some of us who are already good at this sort of this from experience. But, it would definitely help people who are new to Link or want to pick him up.

But meh maybe this kind of stuff doesn't help most people. I hand drew one for Pit a long time ago and it drastically improved my play style with him. But then again with Link he does have a lot of overlapping coverage.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yes what you are talking about is true. But what i was trying to get at is what to do when opponents get through your wall of projectiles. I've seen many Link players who just try to get out as quick as possible or swing wildly with smashes. Sure its good to get out and get back to a comfortable spacing but the opponent is going to get back in and you are in the same position. You could also just swing wildly with smashes to get them away, but a lot of good players will see it coming or even bait it.

I think one of the main things that holds many Link players back is not being able to deal with people in close range. It would probably help to explore it, even if only in theory. And maybe its not even help some of us who are already good at this sort of this from experience. But, it would definitely help people who are new to Link or want to pick him up.
Link doesn't have a GTFO move, good OoS or the mobility to escape so he is in trouble up close.
Usmash is OoS and can be good vs SH attackers, it reaches farther backwards then forwards. Spin attacks start on frame 9 OoS and punishes spotdodgers. Jumping's a relatively good option espesially if you use Blubba Pinecone's footstool jump strategy immediately after (OoS jump>immediately hold the control stick towards the opponent and jump again), probably Link's best OoS action.

Link's spotdodge is good- it has less lag then shield dropping. Spot dodge starts frame 1, lasts 20 frames and has 5 ending lag frames as opposed to 7 shield drop frames. So spotdodge>Dsmash/jab starts on frame 11 (after regaining vulnerability). Jabs are safer, Dsmash has better shield pressure and punishes rollers. Utilt's slightly slower but works too.
Spotdodge> attack is as good as Link's OoS game.

Sometimes simply rolling away is the best option. And there's shield grabs and bomb tricks too.

Like Huggles said Link doesn't have good OoS, or close combat options: everything is punishable or too slow and situational. Patterning, reading the opponent and mix-ups are the best strategy.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Why are you quoting me? I wasn't saying anything about OoS or GTFO moves. Either way what you are talking about is the exact scenario i am trying to start a discussion around. Everyone knows that Link has no good OoS options. My point was to avoid having to resort to shielding, spot dodging, or rolling, by, well how Beat described it. Spacing and Zoning. (Some how he snuck his post in before mine without me knowing it. lol.)

Either way you can stick to saying negative stuff that everyone already knows or you try to find a way around his problems.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Either way you can stick to saying negative stuff that everyone already knows or you try to find a way around his problems.
You don't want to give up but you do need to know Link's limitations; trying to sugar coat it doesn't help, haha. Legan and Scabe are both very crafty in CQC. I recommend watching them for ideas of what you can do. Legan in particular has all sorts of crazy intricate traps he does up close. Scabe's Link up close has this very awkward, unpredictable feel to it. I don't think Link has anything absolute in CQC outside of using traps to startle and unnerve your opponent.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That does it.

Why are you quoting me?
^
Either way what you are talking about is the exact scenario i am trying to start a discussion around.
and
I've seen many Link players who just try to get out as quick as possibleor swing wildly with smashes. Sure its good to get out and get back to a comfortable spacing but the opponent is going to get back in and you are in the same position. You could also just swing wildly with smashes to get them away, but a lot of good players will see it coming or even bait it.
Usmash is OoS and can be good vs SH attackers, it reaches farther backwards then forwards. Spin attacks start on frame 9 OoS and punishes spotdodgers. Jumping's a relatively good option espesially if you use Blubba Pinecone's footstool jump strategy immediately after (OoS jump>immediately hold the control stick towards the opponent and jump again), probably Link's best OoS action.

Link's spotdodge is good- it has less lag then shield dropping. Spot dodge starts frame 1, lasts 20 frames and has 5 ending lag frames as opposed to 7 shield drop frames. So spotdodge>Dsmash/jab starts on frame 11 (after regaining vulnerability). Jabs are safer, Dsmash has better shield pressure and punishes rollers. Utilt's slightly slower but works too.
Spotdodge> attack is as good as Link's OoS game.
Everyone knows that Link has no good OoS options.
My point was to avoid having to resort to shielding, spot dodging, or rolling, by, well how Beat described it. Spacing and Zoning. (Some how he snuck his post in before mine without me knowing it. lol.)
Like Huggles said Link doesn't have good OoS, or close combat options: everything is punishable or too slow and situational. Patterning, reading the opponent and mix-ups are the best strategy.
Patterning, reading the opponent and mix-ups are the best strategy.
Did you even read my post?

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Well, considering how CQC is one of Link's biggest weaknesses, knowing his shield options is pretty much vital. Bombthrows and Jumping or footstooling is Link's absolute best Oos options. Shield drop jab, Shield drop Dsmash, Spotdodge or roll dodge, Oos spin attack or Usmash, grab are his other options. but most of them take a while to since they are laggy and they all are punishable if predictable. Being unpredictable with your options by mix up is literally the only way Link can survive a CQC battle like Arizen said.

I personally try to use a Bomb in hand type defensive spacing to keep opponents from just stepping within my sour spot comfortably. Bomb ZAC Bair and Fair, bomb Zair, Invincibombs, Zdrops, cooked bomb throws, bombshielding, bombslides, bomb dash attack and Usmash, and bombpulling manuevers that Kirin does like FH bombpull then z drop and catch with DAC or FH bombpull to z drop then fastfall and SH RAR bair catch it. These are moves i use to employ this tactic. If i get caught without a bomb, I revert back to the Legan style and play the guessing game with them.

But yeah, you got to do crazy stuff in CQC to stand a chance. Maybe even just standing in your opponent's face and then powershield or spotdodge their move. Link has to do off the wall stuff like that sometimes to overcome this sour spot range.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Negi,
Sorry for losing my temper. It feels like you've been fishing for things that are wrong with my posts/playstyle for sometime.

So say what you need and lets start over.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Arizen has a really distinct art style, and I like it.

A few proportions are off a bit, but the style is just really great to look at.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The sad state of these boards makes me almost want to play vBrawl again. I just might. Such nostalgia in these boards, it's kinda sad to see them like this :(

I'll probably attempt to start playing vBrawl again tomorrow. If his game is now more based on reading and punishing, hell, it'll be good practice. And I need to relearn DI. Because I can't do it anymore.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Ironically the blue ring gives Link a lavender tunic in the first LoZ.
LoL LoL LoL LoL :laugh:

yeah!!! Lavander Link rules!!!!!!!! after the green link of course, and the red Link is good too

any way, i will say something off ot topic ...

i want give you the thanks to all here, today i have exactly one year since i joined here to SWF.

thanks for all Link SSBB Boards!!!!!! youi really are nice people, i learned very much about Smash and English :)

I really hope have many more years here in SWF

I cannot say that you should be precisely my friends, but you are the persons with I talk and coexist in the forum, like that that wanted to thank them for being very good persons.

Viva SWF M****a!!!!!!!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
We're glad to have you here IYM! .
You're English has improved as well.

links24

Smash Ace
In this world you've got to be strong
You've got to fight to keep your spirit alive
And you might feel like there is
nothing left to go for and fight for
But it's the fight that keeps us ready and on guard

Even I can feel feel the power
When I think of him
I see no fear, feel no pain

Forever he will be my hero
(Better believe he knows the way)
And not just only for tonight

And now that I'm not just a dreamer
(And I know I got what he's got)
And not just only for tonight

back to invisible status XD

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Ironically the blue ring gives Link a lavender tunic in the first LoZ.
I suppose I've developed a big connection with the blue tunic because of the Water Temple. As I work through OoT once more, I wear the Zora Tunic all the time. Reminds me of the hardship.

IYM!

Smash Lord
We're glad to have you here IYM! .
You're English has improved as well.
thanks you Rizen, this place is very nice, i meant, in another forums or threats, are people very anoying, they dont respect the other persons.

Here is diferent :p

I'm having a bad sleep phase :( . The Link boards are the only ones I care about enough to check regularly.
/thinking out loud.
Well, i droped Brawl, i play it, but alone, i get back to Melee. but i stll come here for all you and because Link is da best :awesome:

lately, the Project M threat and The Legend of Zelda threat are my favorite places.

but i have an special feeling about this boards, because here had the first contact and itroductions with the rules.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

Rizen

Smash Legend

Rizen

Smash Legend

^Will E3 never come?!:crazy:
(This looks like an official Nintendo project for the Wii 2 but could be a faked screen shot.)

Top Bottom