• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
haikus for football
wow, we have too much free time
I have to go now

Edit:
That sounded more negative than I intended. I really was rushed at the time :/

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I did well with Link on Saturday. Might pick him back up for dabbling. Jeez, it's been a while, lol. How's everyone holding up?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
The sad part is that you're so right. Seriously though, I can't not like Clemson. "Auburn with a lake."
Haha, hey, if I were you, I'd be fine with a down year or two; you guys did just win the National Title :D And yeah, my old roommates went to the Auburn-Clemson game last year, they said it was awesome (even if we lost) and that Auburn was basically the same as Clemson. They said all the Auburn fans were really classy too, haha. What can you expect from fellow Tigers?

Also, holy crap, guys. In my Fantasy Football Draft, I got Philip Rivers, Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson, Vernon Davis, and Percy Harvin. Think of a crew match, and I have M2K, Ally, ESAM, and then Kismet and Verm as my backups on a team. Seriously, I will be disappoint if I don't storm through this league on a flaming chariot of **** and win.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I got Pmanning/Vick/Shaub/rookies, SJAX/Wells/matthews/hightower/lynch/helu/tate (for when foster goes down), Fitz/Manningham/SSmith, Pettigrew. ATL/Seattle, Josh Brown, Jerod Mayo and Lawrence Timmons.

Keeper league.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So, uh.... my flaming chariot of **** caught fire.... and burned to the ground.

(Philip Rivers had an okay game, Adrian Peterson and Larry Fitzgerald did nothing, haha).

Rizen

Smash Legend

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Mega Man = awesome.
Megaman 9 = da bess.
Megaman X6 and on = a myth. They never existed. It was all just a horrible, horrible dream.
Mega Man X3 and Mega Man 5 = should be higher on that list.
Mega Man X2 = a little too high but probably still in Tango tier.
Rob's brother in pharmacy school = a really cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything (I'm in pharmacy school too).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dude Mega man X2 is the best game ever made in the 90's, even slightly better than Link to the past, which is my 3rd favorite game of all time tbh probably if I forget about other mega man games.

I have updated the list based on your suggestions.

Tier
Mega Man 9
Mega Man X2
Mega Man 3

Tier
Mega Man X
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 2
Mega Man

Tier
Mega Man 4
Mega Man X4
Mega Man 5

Tier
Mega Man 6
Mega Man X3

This is the current version, which is slightly different. MM1 is my *****.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
X

X2
X4

X3
1 (take away Ice Man's obnoxious music and stupid platforms and this goes up some)

4 (I hate this game with a burning rage that cannot be quenched. )

MM 2 and 3 = my childhood. 9 is MM 9, nuff said. 6 was just boring imo. I liked 5 and all of the Megaman X games (5 was okay and it was the last one to be released). I just don't like 4. I can't give you a reason. I just play it and don't have fun.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Explain to me why you think X is better than X2.

Mega Man X has better music, Storm Eagles level and the more difficult final form of Sigma. Up until SUPER recent developments in the speed running of the game, X was the more technical game to speed run due to a few tricks here and there, but now it is known that you can jump twice in the air by abusing a glitch that I don't even know how to do (using the charger upgrade and midair dash at the same time but with more inputs than that), but I have seen the X nerds run it on live stream. Literally everything else about X2 is better, Mid Air-dash, 2 shot buster upgrade AND especially the fact that you don't have to DIE a billion times to get Shoryuken unlike the haduken. Mega Man X2 has overall better level design, more impressive bosses in terms of non-buster strategy and ingenuity and difficulty (crystal snail is the most fun boss ever, just nerd around for a while, you'll see...). X2 also has the counterhunters who are super bosses that are incredibly difficult especially on the first run through if you accidentally run into one. If you beat all 3 of them, you get all of zeros body parts. If you don't fight them, you later have to fight Zero. So it has 2 different endings and final/3extra sub bosses. For speed running purposes, X has the impossible Ice jumps and the Vile/Zero scene skip, but X2 flows better especially with no deaths for a 100% run and the secret energy farm on Bubble Crabs level. It also has a lot of neat little tech jumps that only Boomer Kwanger's level can compare to, however they are all over the game. The water based Sigma Stage is nearly impossible to run perfect, but if you do, you can skip like 1 minute of waiting :0 X doesn't really have anything like this other than on the intro level.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I will say I approve of you choosing 9 and 3 as the best, but X/X2 are clearly superior to MM1/2/4-8/10 and the Zero series and gameboy/gamegear games. The battlenetwork series is garbage and I didn't really play the starforce/ZX series.

Rizen

Smash Legend
X2 is my favorite MMX game. The energy farms made filling the sub tanks a breeze; that was nice.
I've beaten X1-6.

I woke up with E-Bow the Letter playing in my head, which I hardly ever listen to. Weird.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
clearly superior to ... the Zero series and gameboy/gamegear games. The battlenetwork series is garbage and I didn't really play the starforce/ZX series.
I agree with this, haha.

I didn't realize this was a list of tech skill ability stuff, ha. I really liked Mega Man 2; Metal Blades were pretty much the best Mega Man weapon EVER; I can't even think of one that comes close. It was my first Mega Man game, so I when I look at other Mega Man games, it's usually through the lens of "in comparison to Mega Man 2."

Like you said, I don't think there's really any argument about 3 and 9 being the best. I liked the tight controls, loved the gameplay, the bosses, everything. Top notch games. I've made it to Dr. Wily without getting hit (sooo close to Mr. Perfect), I have every other achievement in 9 except for beat the game 5 times in one day.

Probably, the reason I like X better than X2 was I didn't have X2 growing up. We rented it from the rental store (remember those things?) so we only got to play through it once or twice before having to return it, while X we owned, so we could play and explore as often as we wanted. Unfair or not, I had much more time to enjoy X than I did X2.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
X2 is my favorite MMX game. The energy farms made filling the sub tanks a breeze; that was nice.
I've beaten X1-6.
I'm sorry you had to play X6, no one should have. At least you were smart and quit before X7 (like me). Why no classic series?

I didn't realize this was a list of tech skill ability stuff, ha. I really liked Mega Man 2; Metal Blades were pretty much the best Mega Man weapon EVER; I can't even think of one that comes close. It was my first Mega Man game, so I when I look at other Mega Man games, it's usually through the lens of "in comparison to Mega Man 2."

Like you said, I don't think there's really any argument about 3 and 9 being the best. I liked the tight controls, loved the gameplay, the bosses, everything. Top notch games. I've made it to Dr. Wily without getting hit (sooo close to Mr. Perfect), I have every other achievement in 9 except for beat the game 5 times in one day.

Probably, the reason I like X better than X2 was I didn't have X2 growing up. We rented it from the rental store (remember those things?) so we only got to play through it once or twice before having to return it, while X we owned, so we could play and explore as often as we wanted. Unfair or not, I had much more time to enjoy X than I did X2.
My name is MegarobMan, and it isn't because I play :rob:, it's because I'm a damn nerd, technical things matter way when discussing games, so does level design, replay value and difficulty and music, though music DOESN'T matter really, IMO.

Better weapons than Metal Blades.

MM1-Fire Shield is the best weapon in the series (seriously) based on potential.
MM2-Quick Boomerang (difficult mode only, though this is a tough argument)
MM3-Rush Jet
MM4-*nothing, but Pharaoh Shot is close
MM5-Super Arrow
MM6-Centaur Flash (potentially)
MM9-Black Hole Bomb is the 2nd best weapon in the series, Jewel Shield is 3rd in the 8-bit series, *if Tornado Blow had more than 3 shots it would be on this list
MM10-Nothing.

IMO
#1-MM3 Rush Jet IS

#2-Fire Shield
#3-Super Arrow
#4-Black Hole Bomb
#5-Jewel Shield
#6 Metal blades is tied for 6-8th with the other nominees.

I was in the same shoes as you for the owning of MMX and not X2, but the first time I played X2 I was like "Wow, this is amazing" and I felt it was probably the best made game I had ever played back when I was like 12 or however old I was, and I feel very few other games, not even X or 3, are on the level of awesomeness.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I didn't include Rush Jet or Super Arrow since I kinda don't see them as "weapons" in the sense that they're a boss' powers, but yeah, they're better (Rush Jet in MM3 was ridiculous). Black Hole Bomb is also absurdly good, but I felt like Metal Blades had more utility, especially with the energy used. Pharaoh Shot was really good in MM4.

Haven't played 1 or 6 in a long time, so I don't really remember those weapons.

Jewel Shield? What the heck did Jewel Shield do? Guess I never even gave it a second look outside of fighting Plug Man since it's a ******** shield weapon, which historically are kinda made of fail.

You forgot Thunder Wool in Megaman 10 :awesome:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Jewel Shield is stupid good, best defensive shield in the series. It beats 1-2 damage enemies AND it doesn't go away. Making it the n00biest weapon since metal blades.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
I love it. :cool:

RR/Tery, you'll be seeing that picture again as soon as I find a way to work it into a mafia game.
I'll do it first. But I need to figure out text first for it.

~

Megaman X6 is the worst in the series no contest.

X4 is my favorite of the bunch. +1 to Metal blades being easy as all hell to use and busted.

Top Bottom