• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Semi-consistently if I'm playing on the ladder. I don't know how it works but would be happy to put a link my channel or have one from other Link players' channels.

I beat that Falco 2-1, BF and Japes are good Falco CPs if they ban Brinstar.

--------------------------
Edit:
1 of the comments on the ladder was:
"why am I losing to this garbage link" and I was playing like garbage. Does anyone else start to slack when they play someone with obvious habits or weaknesses? I play best against really good people if the connection's good.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
"why am I losing to this garbage link" and I was playing like garbage. Does anyone else start to slack when they play someone with obvious habits or weaknesses? I play best against really good people if the connection's good.
I play my best against good people. Actually, it concerns me a lot because I almost lost to people in my tournament I had no business even being in a position to possibly lose to. I see it as a major flaw in my game. I need to be more consistent. Not to mention I need to just get better in general, haha. I'm really seeing where my trapping and mindgaming need to improve (although I've been working on the bomblock combo; pretty sick stuff).

Falco sucks for us. I always knew it was awful, but I'm starting to agree with Sasook that if Falco really wants to be super gay it's near 0-100 for Link, especially on FD. BF really helps us out a lot (I've never played on Japes before against a serious opponent).

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh man, the other day when I played against someone who gave me a challenge, that made me play so much better. I wish I had that kind of exposure like I use to.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People's playstyles can make them better against you than others, even if overall you are better or worse than them.

I lose to Ike because my playstyle is terrible against him, but I don't have any really issues with Falco.

I think Falco on FD is bad for Link, he need some platform help on this MU. Bf is better for that one.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont mind falco so much either. I have more problems against DK and his super armor.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ike/Zelda/Ganon/Sonic/Pika/Pit all are harder on wifi. Wifi Ikes are scary.
-----------------------------------------
Falco on FD, if they're good, cheap, and know what to do, is Link's hardest MU. If Link can use platforms, catch Falco and not be CG>spiked through bombs, damage, stage saves, Falco's not too bad. That's a big if up there^.
Link has a few 'murder MUs' like DDD, MK, Falco, Wario, Olimar, and slightly less-so DK, Fox, ICs, and Kirby. Although winnable, if you CP a stage and the opponent CPs a good character for it, (FD-Falco, Brin-DK/Wario, RC-MK/Kirby, etc) Link has one h*ll of a challenge, the MUs get worse to like 20-80 or even 90-10.

I do okay vs Diddys, maybe I need to play more of them.

Link has no all around good CP stages except Norfair, which is usually banned. The over-all best legal stage for Link in my opinion is PS1, because it's the right size for stage control, supports approaching and camping, has platforms, and terrain. It's at least feasible to fight any character there. Some stages are better if you know the opponent but they might have a pocket DK or whoever for CPs.
CGers I take to Brinstar, Battlefield, maybe Lylat, and J Japes because the water saves you if you're CGed to the right (not vs ICs).
When out camping characters: FD, Picto, PS1, Halberd, Japes.
When Approaching: Brinstar, BF, maybe PS1/SV.
When out maneuvering: RC, PS1, maybe Delfino.

--------------
Frigate is a bad stage for Link but unless it's vs certain characters like ROB or MK, it's better than people assume. Link can space well and moving camp. The only bad element is the right side of the starting stage 'phase'.
-------------------
Someone said Link is bad because he can't be cheap. It's true, lol.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Oh I'm pretty sure Link can be cheap against the right characters or players. Also if you have trouble playing brawl might i suggest characters like TL and Kirby. IMO i think they are the easiest characters to pickup and play. Or basically just play more, experiment, and i'm sure you will get better. Brawl is one of those games where you can play pretty much however you want and still be decent.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Oh I'm pretty sure Link can be cheap against the right characters or players. Also if you have trouble playing brawl might i suggest characters like TL and Kirby. IMO i think they are the easiest characters to pickup and play. Or basically just play more, experiment, and i'm sure you will get better. Brawl is one of those games where you can play pretty much however you want and still be decent.
Also if you have trouble playing brawl might i suggest characters like TL and Kirby.
might i suggest characters like TL
Ryos, I'm pretty sure you made a typo there. I'm pretty sure you meant to say "anyone but TL." THIS IS THE LINK BOARDS, WE DO NOT TL.

Link doesn't have any especially easy or reliable ways to be cheap. DDD can infinite I think it's six characters and you don't really have to know DDD especially well. MK can gimp characters to heck. Basically, Link doesn't have anything he can use to abuse other characters' flaws as readily as other characters. Hence, why Link loses to pretty much every character in the game, haha.

Ganon is hella fun to play as, btw. Having ultra-murder powers makes you feel like a man.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ryos, I'm pretty sure you made a typo there. I'm pretty sure you meant to say "anyone but TL." THIS IS THE LINK BOARDS, WE DO NOT TL.
Excuse me? TL TL TL!!!!

Anyway i dont understand the hate for TL. IMO Link owns TL. The only time i may choose TL over Link is Vs Diddy and his bananas. Even in that case i would use Pit before TL. Link is overall better then TL and only mentioned because he is easier to play.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll ask King Kong when I have the chance what he thinks about Z-Air being concentrated gay.

If I actually remember to do so, I'll let you guys know what he says.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
IDK Link has more Range, Priority, Survivability, and Power the TL. All TL has is speed and a better vertical recovery. I have never lost to a TL as Link and i hardly consider myself the best Link player.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I don't think the MU is that bad for Link, maybe 40-60 or even 45-55 TL's favor, but TL is a better character than Link overall by a long shot. Not having a terrible recovery, being small and quick, and not having lag everywhere really helps out TL.

Maybe one day Link will be in the top half of the cast of a SSB game...

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll ask King Kong when I have the chance what he thinks about Z-Air being concentrated gay.

If I actually remember to do so, I'll let you guys know what he says.
It was in a Bowser/Link MU discussion.
I don't think the MU is that bad for Link, maybe 40-60 or even 45-55 TL's favor, but TL is a better character than Link overall by a long shot. Not having a terrible recovery, being small and quick, and not having lag everywhere really helps out TL.

Maybe one day Link will be in the top half of the cast of a SSB game...
TL's mobility gives him the advantage. Link/TL's lag for specials/grabs and ground attacks are similar; Link has a faster ground game.

I suck at Link dittos :urg:.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont think TL's kill moves are much safer then Link's. He has Usmash, Uair, and Fair, i guess his Dsmash and Fsmash are kind of kill moves. I just think TL might be able to set up kills easier then Link can, i dont think he has safer kill moves.
His Uair and Usmash are obviously better then Links at killing. His Fsmash and Dsmash are worse for killing then Links. Fsmash even has trouble landing its second hit on certain characters. His Fair is rather slow and his other aerials lack kill potential. TLs only move that is really safer and a better kill move is possibly Usmash.

If TL is up against a heavy character he is going to have trouble landing a killing blow since most of his killing moves launch vertically.

Link's rang is also much better IMO who needs the extra damage when it can lead to gimps, locks, and other good stuff. Not to mention its rather safe against reflectors.

Plus i would also like to mention TLs laughable Dtilt and Dash Attack.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If TL is up against a heavy character he is going to have trouble landing a killing blow since most of his killing moves launch vertically.

Link's rang is also much better IMO who needs the extra damage when it can lead to gimps, locks, and other good stuff. Not to mention its rather safe against reflectors.
But TL can air pressure>KOs and gimp more safely.
The different boomerangs are like apples and oranges: one's not necessarily better. TL's can stop CGs, covers a larger air section of the stage, and lasts longer. Link's has good gimps, setups, and anti-reflector aspects.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
TL's attributes are better in Brawl's engine.

Link's ground moves are indeed better, but that isn't saying much.

TL's aerials on the other hand are a lot better than Link's with the only exception being Zair and Link's Dair. Mobility is indeed a valuable aspect in Brawl, otherwise Sonic would suck.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ Agree.

I need to learn smart ways how to setup KOs with Link. That gives my lead away at the end a lot :( . I know arrow lock, bomb combos, jab cancel (I should use more), Zair combos, Uthrow and well spaced attacks. Maybe I'm too aggressive when trying to KO because that and off stage maneuvers are my weak game.

My ladder policy is don't turn down a challenge unless the lag is terrible. I've lost a lot of points to lower ranked players :( . But it's for fun, good experience and Link so :) .

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Being smart is definitely the next thing I need to learn. That's really the way to go; I've just been hurling projectiles and hoping my opponents either do stupid stuff or just try to rack up damage. I've been ignoring my case study of a severely dehydrated, underweight alcoholic on tubefeeding (lawl lazy) and watching Legan; it's ridiculous. Everything he does is a freaking trap. Every bomb throw has a follow up, every jab has him making a mindgame move trying to trap his opponent in a worse position.... it's ridiculous. Bouncing bombs off shields so he can jump in with an aerial and pick the bomb back up, utilt to pivot grab.... seriously. Watch his most recent vids and try to look at what he's thinking rather than just watching what he's doing. Brawl is deep, guys. Like chess or something.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah, Legan said he was gonna get a lot more serious with Link.

Something I should do myself, even if I main Lucario, I want my Link to be right behind him in terms of how good I can play him.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
It's all good, my laptop is back to normal.

HTC meet sounded horrible, so that's why I never went :p but yeah long time no see Foxy :)

I did play some Brawl today, it was WiFi and out of 20 matches I lost them all. The guy I was playing against was incredible, I don't blame WiFi Johns or anything. I wish I had fundamentals like he did. I just don't understand the game.

Top Bottom