• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Don't worry I hate DDD as well. No matter who I am playing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

------------
Only having wifi's not so bad, it's fun and ladders are competitive enough. I see why Kirin says the Marth MU is 45/55 Marth. Link and G&W make up for the other's bad MUs.

---------

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Even with insurance, my mom's stuck with a $1,100 hospital bill for determining that she didn't have a heart attack. ...
This past Valentines Day my dad got something called Transient Global Amnesia. It happens suddenly, and basically you lose all your short term memory and memory back to several years. He forgot that I had graduated high school and moved away (that was 5 years ago), he forgot that it was Valentine's Day and told my mom "oh, happy Valentine's Day! Did I get you a gift?" every five minutes for the rest of the day, when he was asked who was President he guessed George Bush Sr., and when he was in the hospital, he kept asking why he was in there and if he was going to be alright (about every five minutes). They were afraid he had a Transient Ischemic Attack (a mini-stroke basically). Long story short, he ended up paying several thousand dollars (after insurance) in medical bills to find out he lost his short term memory for the day and was perfectly fine. Medical bills are no fun :/

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This past Valentines Day my dad got something called Transient Global Amnesia. It happens suddenly, and basically you lose all your short term memory and memory back to several years. He forgot that I had graduated high school and moved away (that was 5 years ago), he forgot that it was Valentine's Day and told my mom "oh, happy Valentine's Day! Did I get you a gift?" every five minutes for the rest of the day, when he was asked who was President he guessed George Bush Sr., and when he was in the hospital, he kept asking why he was in there and if he was going to be alright (about every five minutes). They were afraid he had a Transient Ischemic Attack (a mini-stroke basically). Long story short, he ended up paying several thousand dollars (after insurance) in medical bills to find out he lost his short term memory for the day and was perfectly fine. Medical bills are no fun :/
I would play Price is Right lose music, but that would be pretty rude.

That really does suck.

Also Marth vs Link is fine, it's not that bad.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
^^ Sorry, that sucks. My mom has fibromyalgia, is in a lot of pain and has mental 'blips' so I can sort of relate. Most of the time she's thinking clearly but occasionally she'll do things like go strait from a turn lane or leave oven burners on.
I know a couple people from my church who have fibromyalgia and a couple more who thought they had it but actually have Lyme's Disease from all the ticks around here, so I know how your mom feels :(

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, that, apparently, in this way, has not been asked yet.

I read everywhere that BAir is Links best option for (horizontal) momentum canceling (and I do it myself too). But according to this data wouldn't be NAir his best momentum canceling?
Because if I understood that correct, NAir ends 8 frames earlier than BAir, so I would have 8 frames more time to jump or whatever...

And the japanese Link-player "Smasher" also cancels with NAir.

Did we or did just I misunderstood this? =/

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I have a question, that, apparently, in this way, has not been asked yet.

I read everywhere that BAir is Links best option for (horizontal) momentum canceling (and I do it myself too). But according to this data wouldn't be NAir his best momentum canceling?
Because if I understood that correct, NAir ends 8 frames earlier than BAir, so I would have 8 frames more time to jump or whatever...

And the japanese Link-player "Smasher" also cancels with NAir.

Did we or did just I misunderstood this? =/
Uhhh, that thread is ancient and wrong.

Bair

* Start-up 1-5
* Hit-on 6-9, 18-23 Quickest aerial
* Cool-down 24-31
* IASA 31 Shortest aerial; best for momentum cancelling

Nair

* Start-up 1-6
* Hit-on 7-27 Sex Kick: Strong hit frames 7-8
* Cool-down 28-40
* IASA 40
This thread is more accurate. Bair ends before Nair (IASA) so it's best for momentum cancelling.
Actually, I'm not sure why this thread isn't stickied. I'll go ahead and bump it so someone can sticky it.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Wassup Link's, I'm still around just mega lurking now + Addicted to Starcraft. Sorry about that! I'll make a comeback soon!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Scabe....

That picture is terrifying. What the heck did you do to it?

I haven't played Starcraft in like 4 months, haha. I've been too busy playing Mario Galaxy 2 and not practicing for G6 which is this coming weekend.

Scabe

Successful Businessman

DZLE photoshopped it for me haha, I love it! ;D

Is G6 another tourney? Reminds me of that "Fly like a G6" song.

I've pretty much almost played 800 games of Starcraft, I'm in Platinum league. I'm so addicted!

Rizen

Smash Legend
He should have used the darken screen on the potato(?) over the Link pic to eliminate the white. Man, just when you think a pic can't be more unsettling...

Anyway, good to hear from you Scabe :) . Monster Hunter has gotten boring, I'm helping lower ranked players occasionally. Lost in Shadow is very fun and original all the way up the tower. It's not 1 or 2 puzzle theam variations repeating. I'm doing great in free play but bad on the Brawl ladder. I need to learn Ike and Diddy MUs better. 'Got some good replays.

Skyward Sword is launching (hopefully:sadeyes:) in April for the USA!!!!!!!!!!

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
I'm a lurker to this forum too since Link is my co-main with Ike (as shown in my sig).

So when hit up, does dair momentum cancel better than bair?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm a lurker to this forum too since Link is my co-main with Ike (as shown in my sig).

So when hit up, does dair momentum cancel better than bair?
Yes because Dair instantly triggers fast falling game mechanics, even if it's not actually falling, and with Bair you have to wait until the move ends to start fast falling.

----------------------
Welcome to posting on the Link boards:).

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Yes because Dair instantly triggers fast falling game mechanics, even if it's not actually falling, and with Bair you have to wait until the move ends to start fast falling.

----------------------
Welcome to posting on the Link boards:).
I thought this was the case, but just needed some confirmation. Thanks for the welcome btw.

Another question about momentum canceling. When hit to the top right or top left corner of the stage, should you bair and fast fall immediately or Dair or what? The biggest problem I come across is DIing.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
rizen, where did you get the info about skyward sword! I need to see that!!!

*.*

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Quite a few new faces I see around here :D

So Skyward Sword is coming out in April aye? That's the month of my birthday, is this is a sign?

By the way, I'm probably bad now at Smash, but I sorta want to get back into it, try WiFi again and play more.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I thought this was the case, but just needed some confirmation. Thanks for the welcome btw.

Another question about momentum canceling. When hit to the top right or top left corner of the stage, should you bair and fast fall immediately or Dair or what? The biggest problem I come across is DIing.
Use whatever comes 'instinctively'. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the launch angle will be more vertical or horizontal in these cases I use Bair because it's faster but at the corner Dair and Bair both work. Focus on DIing ASAP.
rizen, where did you get the info about skyward sword! I need to see that!!!

*.*
A person at Game Stop told me that. Here's more info (scroll down a little):
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/tag/skyward-sword-release-date/

-----------------------
I think the Gale boomerang wind push is underrated, at least for wifi. I've KOed Ness, Lucas, Zelda, Sheik (when charging needles), Snake (on RC he fell doing and air attack instead of ground attack), Mario, Olimar, Link, Toon Link, and Marth this way. Especially with wifi lag the wind push is great for edge guarding and surprise gimps.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Lol...the Link boards. :awesome:
I'm thinking of taking up Link as one of my secondaries (or co-main). So i'll be lurking for a bit longer here xP

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good TLink, even though the MK wasn't great. We should wifi sometime.
I thought you played Peach?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
@Shane
the link boards are so awesome!
low tier tourney today guys and im going to own!
just have to bulldoze past ike's and yoshi's ;)
btw i main link
who is this "toon link" you speak of?????????

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ good luck.

<><><><><>
I don't think the wind push tactic got enough credit. I've used it many times on wifi and it's good.

Olimar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqx1FUQ3nOI

Marth 2:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0e-Wm4j1A

Snake 1:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXtre1Fmzgg

Mario 1:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3ddvgQV00

Lucas 0:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXJ8GQgFKXg

Link 2:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhsi-5NvanU

Plus I gimped Sheik when charging needles, Ness, Zelda, and a few others that I haven't uploaded for some reason. Notice it works on characters like Mario, Marth, and Snake. Probably best for wifi.

Some of those are old.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
can anyone give me quick advice on yoshi and/or ike??
i know about the grab release an stuff but i still fall for it most the time :ohwell:
should i focus my game around always having a bomb in hand??

Rizen

Smash Legend
can anyone give me quick advice on yoshi and/or ike??
i know about the grab release an stuff but i still fall for it most the time :ohwell:
should i focus my game around always having a bomb in hand??
Yoshi has a CG that's a real pain. Have bombs out, Zair goes through 'his' eggs. Yoshi's air movement is great, instead of trying to hit him out of the air I find it's better to cross to the other side of the stage and spam back when he jump/SH approaches. Use Link's better reach and Zair. Yoshi's dash grab is deceptively long.

Yoshi has the same good stages as Link, Brinstar probably helps Link more. Avoid walk-offs and big flat stages that Yoshi can CG Link across.

----

Ike's jabs start on frame 2, he has lots of options with jab canceling and grabs. His Fair is as long as Link's Zair. Have bombs out and spam until he approaches, which won't take long, then focus on spacing and shield/dodge and counter his lag. Beware, his jabs have good reach and give Ike a big close combat advantage.

Jungle Japes or RC might be good vs Ike.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
..So I was supposed to go to G6, a pretty large tourney in NC, today, but I spent the night at my parents' since it's closer (and because I was gonna stay here for the extended weekend, haha), but I had to share a room with my sick brother, who was snoring because he's all stuffed up, and the cat was in his bedroom and kept clawing at me throughout the night. So I ended up oversleeping/ would have been too exhausted to effectively play if I had made it, since I would have had to get up at 7:30. Oops, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
My main advice about yoshi is to watch out for his Aerial pressure. Bair for approaching, Nair comes out quick, Fair can spike, and Dair does huge damage, and Uair is usual kill choice. Combine it with Yoshi's great air speed and he can be really dangerous. Never let Yoshi too close to you, his tilts all come out fast and have descent range and his jabs are fast too. Also watch out for Egg toss to dash grab, it connects really well for some odd reason. Also avoid stages with slants if at all possible, or at least be aware that he can cancel his Dspecial by sliding off stage on a slant. As for stage choices i would suggest no walk offs, and platforms so you can avoid the egg toss to grab easily.

Rizen

Smash Legend
..So I was supposed to go to G6, a pretty large tourney in NC, today, but I spent the night at my parents' since it's closer (and because I was gonna stay here for the extended weekend, haha), but I had to share a room with my sick brother, who was snoring because he's all stuffed up, and the cat was in his bedroom and kept clawing at me throughout the night. So I ended up oversleeping/ would have been too exhausted to effectively play if I had made it, since I would have had to get up at 7:30. Oops, haha.
That sucks. Insomnia's a big factor in me not being an offline Link:(. I miss ledgestalls, OoS, and directions (like C up instead of C right) when I'm tiered. And the characters move in fast motion. Lol, that's why I don't let my cat in my room at night.

Top Bottom