• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Arcade

Smash Ace
Why is Wobbuffet in uber? I tried looking it up but I still don't quite understand.
He destroys the entire switch and counter system that is the cornerstone of balance in competitive Pokemon.

He comes in and just encores whatever move you do (or, if he knows your opponent's Pokemon is choiced, he doesn't even have to encore). Thanks to his crazy HP he'll survive the hit easily if it's an attacking move.

If it's an attacking move, he can choose to Counter or Mirror Move you to death. No prediction required.

If it's a setup move, Wobbs switches out to something that counters your Pokemon, then you have the choice of switching (giving your opponent a free hit on whatever comes in) or hoping Encore ends before you die (unlikely).

Countering it? Well... you can't phaze since those moves have negative priority, it's very hard to just KO it with sheer damage ... basically the only effective strategies I can think of are to Taunt it, use U-turn and send out a Ghost-type, or put it to sleep. And most Pokemon don't have one of those options.

This isn't even considering support from the team. Imagine if Wobb was benefitting from Reflect/Light Screen, or Trick Room with a set that has Destiny Bond or Charm... cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's now becoming clearer why Wobbuffet is broken. Thanks Arcade.
Yeah I didn't quite explain it that well, but whatever. Wynaut is banned for the same reason, although that is much more controversial.

This is also why Shandera is making such a big fuss for Smogon and the like.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I thought Wobbuffet was banned in Ruby and Sapphire because you could its ability to trap meant if 2 Wobbuffets were in and had leftovers or some method of healing, they couldn't kill each other since Struggle sucks? Haha, I know nothing about competitive Pokeymanz.

He destroys the entire switch and counter system that is the cornerstone of balance in competitive Pokemon.
Hmm, kinda sounds similar...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I thought Wobbuffet was banned in Ruby and Sapphire because you could its ability to trap meant if 2 Wobbuffets were in and had leftovers or some method of healing, they couldn't kill each other since Struggle sucks? Haha, I know nothing about competitive Pokeymanz.

Hmm, kinda sounds similar...
Trapping along with everything else (natural bulk, exact moves to do what it needs to do) is what makes it ridiculous.

The Shadow Tag // Shadow Tag issue wasn't the reason why it was banned, although that was an issue in R/S/E.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Rizen

Smash Legend
Arizen beat me on the AiB ladder. I fail at Link dittos, D=.
You probably would have won using Lucario from the start. Link dittos are like a non-turn based rock, paper, scissors. I have lots of practice.

Haha, I think Link dittos get old really fast. I can't play more than 4 or 5 in a row before I get bored and have to switch to another character.
Oh man, I hate dittos. When I wifi someone (in free play) they often switch to Link or Ganon after several matches, win or loose. Are they thinking "he plays Link so I'll try to beat him with a equal ditto or worse character"?

------
I entered that ladder for experience but also to have proof I'm not a scrub even though I haven't played offline for a long time. I'm currently 1257pts, 142nd place using only Link:).
--------
There's almost nothing for me on the forums; I've already dropped AiB's for the most part. MU discussions seem like same old, same old, and the only current experience I have is wifi. None of my ideas to improve traffic work, I don't play pokemon, nothing new will happen for Link- I've tried that and it's fail or useless, and forums eat too much time.
I'm focusing on playing the actual game and then friendlies and learning new characters when I'm not in a ladder. So I still want to wifi with everyone, the distance gap can be a pain but that's life, and will post occasionally. Sorry for not helping to revive the Link boards or run threads. It's a battle that goes on and on and isn't worth fighting anymore:urg:. I'm still going to rep Link.
Keep up the good work and leave a message or pm if you can wifi or want to talk ;).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only reason I might have won like game 2 with Lucario is because I don't think most Link's know the match up. Maybe that's just my thoughts on based on the Link's I've played.

The Link ditto, I'm so bad at it yet it probably is my favorite ditto in the game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy Holidays all around!

@Ryu
Will you help me learn the Lucario MU? I lost to someone on the ladder because I didn't know what to do. We could practice our PTs too.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I want to say...

merry christmas to everyone here in link boards

scabe, red ryu, huggles, rizen, tery, quirkinature, ryos, and all the others miselanius members here XD

mencion espaecial a : Mis compatriotas chilenos !!! Drigo toes y jeos , feliz navidad y que el viejo pascuero suba de tier a link xd xd jajajaja y arregle sus match ups :)

pasenlo bien, y recuerden, no tomen tanto, tomen tinto (mal chiste lo se XD)

happy holidays link boards

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Merry christmas Links, I wish you all happiness and other good things.

@Arizen: I can do that, I'll talk go you another time about it.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
jajajajja gracias IYM!, ojala algun dia nos digas quien eres o si quieres compartimos FC y msn para sus mochas en brawl

Feliz navidad y tambien ojala pases un Feliz año nuevo :D

also I wish everyone a happy new year! and hope that someday Link rise on the tier list as he deserves it

:)

IYM!

Smash Lord
@Jeos wena onda, yo te mando un mensaje privado aqui en SWF para darte mi correo, lo hare en unos dias, ahora voy a Santiago y no voy a tocar el PC en 2 dias.

acerca del FC, ... :( yo no tengo wii, juego el brawl en el PC con emulador dolphin, no es igual, pero no me quejo, al menos tengo el juego ;). Tengo un amigo que vive a solo dos calles de distancia, el tambien juega brawl en su PC pero le corre mas rapido casi casi pero casi igual que en una wii XD

si el destino es misericordioso, quisas nuestros Links puedan colosionar sus espadas en un combate XD

eso si... EL LINK VERDE ES MIO !!!!!! jajajajajaja porfa, o almenos dejame el rojo XD

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
jajaja wena, bkn tonces, uta yo = uso link verde, asi q por ultimo nos turnamos o ahi vemos, aunque no me molestaria usar el rojo.

ojala q sea pronto pa tener unos buenos dittos y ojala sin lag xD

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't either.

People who know multiple languages are awesome. I'm bad with foreign languages:c

IYM!

Smash Lord
i can speak english too, but is a little dificult for me have a fluid conversation, because, in the moment , the words that i know dont come to my mind

jeos, io cacho que mas tarde te mandare un mnsaje, ahora me voy a dormir, estoy muerto de sueño

Top Bottom