• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, my old computer science roommate used to be a pro stalker. He found someone from an online forum after only being told what her mailbox looked like. I learned from the best.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Haha, my old computer science roommate used to be a pro stalker. He found someone from an online forum after only being told what her mailbox looked like. I learned from the best.
That's actually legitimately creepy. I am now worried.

Unless the girl was extremely cute or something. ;)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
That's actually legitimately creepy. I am now worried.

Unless the girl was extremely cute or something. ;)
Haha, excellent. I have succeeded in making my roommate look creepy.

It's okay, he only uses his stalker-powers for good, like helping out Batman. And he already has a girlfriend in Australia, haha, so that point is moot. He never shared any of the details with me aside from the fact that he succeeded.

IYM!

Smash Lord
too much fecebook here, jajajaja, i am some sick of that site, one day a completed a test for fun with friends. The test said "what are you kind of woman" and the result was a "mulata", i dont know how call that kind of woman in English, but they are big, very big, and brown skin, dont call me rasist or something like that, i am not rasist, after all i am Chilean, and the big part of the Chileant arent rasist, any way, that arent my kind of woman, well the point is my friends, They joked of my for one month, and did not need to say to the anyone since, thanks to the magic of facebook, THE WHOLE WORLD know it :glare::glare:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, but IYM!, everyone is on Facebook!

Alright guys, I've started practicing for this tourney on Saturday a little. I plan on getting some major hours tonight and the rest of the week (I have a lab practical in like 3 hours but then I'm free the rest of the week). I'm getting excited, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
a month isnt very long to make fun of someone for something, and people will always find something to make fun of you for. Also if it wasn't facebook it would be something else. So i dont think its fair to blame facebook for something that would have happened anyway.

IYM!

Smash Lord
a month isnt very long to make fun of someone for something, and people will always find something to make fun of you for. Also if it wasn't facebook it would be something else. So i dont think its fair to blame facebook for something that would have happened anyway.
:urg: you are right Ryos, but dont thing me wrong i still using facebook to comunicate with my friends, see videos and those kind of stuff :awesome: i cant die with out have 100 friends :cool:

You have an awesome first name, IYM!

Really? :awesome: thanks, jajaja, Ignacio is some common here in my country, but i guest there in your lands arent very common

my name mean "Amante latino" or in english Lating Lover :laugh:

With all this Facebook convertation desire entered me of looking for all of you to send a request, after everything, I speak with all of you every day, and i consider them as friends :)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Alright, I know fighting computers is a terrible way to get critiqued, but I have no people to play before the tournament, and I just spent the past couple days un-getting used to wifi, and I don't wanna have it mess up my timing. I have a few videos though that if you guys would like to look at real quick, that'd be great. Again, they're computers, and computers can make anyone look good, and are terrible for matchup specifics (I play Dedede comp differently because he doesn't use the chaingrab etc.). I'm looking more for any flaws and habits you guys can spot; am I doing X too often in Y situation? Is my spacing sloppy? Am I utilizing certain parts of the stage incorrectly? Things of that nature; anything y'all can give to help would be awesome.

vs. Weegee
vs. Diddy Kong
vs. Bowser
vs. Jigglypuff
vs. Dedede

I've watched a handful of videos of Link against his harder matchups;I plan on watching a few more (I'll probably hit up AiB or, say, the DDD or Falco boards) and then look at the power rankings for Georgia and watch those guys in case any of them are at the tourney; does this sound like good preparation to you guys?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ I'll look at those when I have time. Going from wifi to offline is weird; it's good you're practicing offline before the tourney. People will be great at shielding and more aggressive. My edge game if much better offline, that might just be me. More later.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Results of Dthrow Buffered Dash Usmash. Yes means Usmash away, No means they slide out of range or powershield it. Only tested chaingrabbable characters, doesn't work on the Unchainable Twelve.

YES USMASH
LUCARIO
BOWSER
LINK
GANON
DDD
CHARIZARD
IVYSAUR
NESS
SONIC

NO USMASH
MARIO
SNAKE
WOLF
LUIGI
PEACH
DK
DIDDY
YOSHI
WARIO
TOON LINK
SAMUS
PIT
SOPO
ROB
WOLF
CAPTAIN FALCON
MARTHA
IKE
LUCAS
Dang I hate DDD.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If they stale Dthrow, use it 5 or more times with attacks, it will stale and Link can Power Shield it.

So the magic number is 5, also you can break out of King DDD's pummels if your 120% or under, but you gotta mash really hard.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
The tournament is tomorrow. Looks like a lot of Georgia Power Ranked players are gonna be there. I have to say I'm pumped. Wish me luck guys! Gonna go all Link (well, maybe I'll play a round or two as the Oldmanondorf, haha).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The tournament is tomorrow. Looks like a lot of Georgia Power Ranked players are gonna be there. I have to say I'm pumped. Wish me luck guys! Gonna go all Link (well, maybe I'll play a round or two as the Oldmanondorf, haha).
Good luck Huggles! I'm sure you'll do well!

Terywj used Lucky Chant!

Redictus

Smash Rookie
I have a question!

About 3 months ago friends of mine wanted to go 'pro' in SSBB, telling me I should enter tourneys with my Link. Now I wasn't that good, we just regularly play amongst friends and I regularly played against the CPU.
So I thought: "OK, why not?" and I started looking up advanced techniques for Link.

Alas, about 3 weeks later I had a hand injury and I had to quit console gaming for a while.

Now that my hand is functioning swell again, I've been trying out some of those new advanced techniques. I've been looking around here for about a week I picked up some cool and pretty handy moves.

But now comes the problem. I can't execute all of them.
I've listed up two things that should work, but I can't execute them or I don't entirely understand them:

1) Link's edge hopping Fair?
Basically it's hanging from the edge, hitting my joystick away and double jump to then perform a Fair, landing 2 hits and landing on the platform again.
The problem I have with this is that I can't land that second hit. I hit my joystick, I 'fall', I try to double jump and if I'm lucky I'll be able to do a second hit, but that's a chance of 1/10. I can't make it 100%. If I try it the other way my Link will jump 300 feet up and the Fair won'tbe much use then.
How do I do this? I've already seen the video in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-EBQhe3yo and I do everything it says, but I can't get that second hit down.

2) Pivoting
Basically anything with pivotting. Every tutorial says something about it and it doesn't seem hard to do, but for some reason I do it wrong. According to tutorials here you can do pivotwalks and all that, but when I try to Pivotwalk I stop dead in my tracks and I create this huge lag where I'm pretty much vurnerable.
I can pivot around when I'm walking or running, though, but I see tons of people on Youtube/tourneys do it while dashing?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good luck!
But now comes the problem. I can't execute all of them.
I've listed up two things that should work, but I can't execute them or I don't entirely understand them:

1) Link's edge hopping Fair?
Everyone asks about ledgestall Fairs. From hanging on the edge: 1tap the control stick away, 2imediately tap the stick towards the stage and hold jump, 3 keep holding towards the stage and jump and press attack. With good timing Link will slash both hits before landing onstage.
Link can ledgestall every move he can use in the air except Zair, which becomes an edge tether. Steps 1 and 2^ are always the same.

In tourneys people will do annoying cheap stuff to get Link offstage and gimp him. My advice is don't worry about ATs you're not confident with. Focus on using the best option to hit with 'tip of attack' spacing, which is often a simple technique like jabs/jab canceling or Zair. Don't go closer than the tip of Link's jab and beware of grabs/shield grabs.
Most ATs are 95% useless. Spacing is the important thing.

Redictus

Smash Rookie
Everyone asks about ledgestall Fairs. From hanging on the edge: 1tap the control stick away, 2imediately tap the stick towards the stage and hold jump, 3 keep holding towards the stage and jump and press attack. With good timing Link will slash both hits before landing onstage.
Link can ledgestall every move he can use in the air except Zair, which becomes an edge tether. Steps 1 and 2^ are always the same.
No, you misunderstand.

I know how to execute it, but I can't land 2 Fair hits. It's always 1. I basically do the first slash but before I can do the second one I land on the platform.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
just have to be faster i think. Sliding your thumb from the jump to the attack button or just go faster.

Pivot while dashing? If you mean like a pivot grab press down before you turn around.

Pivot boosting, walking, w/e you wanna do really just relies on you tilting the directional stick as far as you can without going into the dash. It doesnt work too well with Fsmash but Ftilt, Utilt, and Dsmash slide pretty far.

To do basic one is just spot dodge hold back then forward around when spot dodge animation is ending. Or you could be lazy and just tilt the directional stick as far as you can without dashing and do an Ftilt or something. Either of these will cause you to slide.

If you are talking Dash Pivot Cancel. It requires you dash then somewhere during the pivot animation you throw in a Dsmash. Not all that useful since its just easier to do the second method above.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Successfully recorded the finales of my Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke and my Let's Play of Super Mario Bros. Crossover. All under 100 videos, too. :D
There'll be a channel update of sorts that will be put up sometime tomorrow(?) where I'll be asking you awesome viewer people about what two games you would like to see me Let's Play next. :3

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Alright! Went to the tournament, ended up 9th out of 19 people. Lost first round to TurtL, who ended up 3rd, and then again to Dark Neon, who ended up 5th. Went Link throughout the tourney. I got a lot of people cheering me on it seemed, too, haha

Here is the bracket for the tournament.
TurtL went Sheik first match and stomped me.
TurtL went Pokeymanz Trainer second match and I won. I CP'ed Norfair.
TurtL went Zamus the third match and won.

FEFan88 went solid Mario. I lost the first match but after that I figured him out pretty throroughly and won the last two matches pretty comfortably.

Usual Ranger went solid Falco. I won the first match pretty comfortably, lost the second on FD, and won on Battlefield on the third match after panicking and almost blowing my lead.

Dark Neon went Wario the first match. I was winning throughout the match but got had failDI on the last stock and got gimped and ended up losing.
Dark Neon went Toon Link the second match. It was an intense match, but in the end I ended up losing after playing with the lead most of the match after getting lazy off the edge and getting gimped.

In the end, I ended up winning the matches I was supposed to win (FEFan88 was Mario, Usual Ranger was Falco; I showed him, haha) and lost to the players I should have lost to who were better than me. I was kinda disappointed in some ways; I played my best when I was the underdog, but the matches I should have won I struggled more than I should. I felt like I played to the level of my opponent, haha.

Also got to play several friendlies with Big Lou; he's a cool guy. Those matches were a lot of fun. The guy is crazy good, haha.

I got two of the matches against TurtL saved; the rest of my matches weren't on hacked Wiis. Hopefully I can get those and get someone to upload them soon, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also I can mod here now. ;)
Congrats!
Alright! Went to the tournament, ended up 9th out of 19 people. Lost first round to TurtL, who ended up 3rd, and then again to Dark Neon, who ended up 5th. Went Link throughout the tourney. I got a lot of people cheering me on it seemed, too, haha

FEFan88 went solid Mario. I lost the first match but after that I figured him out pretty throroughly and won the last two matches pretty comfortably.

Usual Ranger went solid Falco. I won the first match pretty comfortably, lost the second on FD, and won on Battlefield on the third match after panicking and almost blowing my lead.
Good work, especially for your first tournament! I know the feeling, one tourney I was matched against the person who won then the person who got 5th out of over 30 people. I think a smart Falco on FD is Link's hardest match, bar none. He can laser/reflector camp>SH phantasm and repeat until he has an opening to CG to Dair spike or dash attack>upB combo or simple time you out.
You have Norfair, lucky.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Congrats!

Good work, especially for your first tournament! I know the feeling, one tourney I was matched against the person who won then the person who got 5th out of over 30 people. I think a smart Falco on FD is Link's hardest match, bar none. He can laser/reflector camp>SH phantasm and repeat until he has an opening to CG to Dair spike or dash attack>upB combo or simple time you out.
You have Norfair, lucky.
Haha, yeah, I friendlied a pretty good Falco (much better than the guy I played in the tournament itself) and got him the first 3 matches, but after he figured it out and we randomed FD (we randomed levels since they were just friendlies) he beat me. I kinda got through the laser spam okay, but up until about 50% each stock I got into an (obviously) losing spam battle against Falco to rack up damage safely since Link can take a hit and Falco isn't super strong so I wouldn't get CG'ed to death. I think Falco is really really hard for Link (I personally have a hard time against Olimar, regardless of who I play as).

I'm not really sure if Norfair was totally legal, but TurtL was a really nice guy. I asked him if it was legal since they didn't have a hard set level selection laid out, and he said that was okay. I think he knew that even if I got the win there he could pull out his Zamus (which I think was his main, he used Zamus against most of the other contestants) and probably beat me; he was definitely the better player, haha.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Links to my playlists are in my signature, Red Ryu.

And hooray Red Ryu is Moderated here now! Congratulations. :)
Oh...I'm blind lol.

Dark Neon went Wario the first match. I was winning throughout the match but got had failDI on the last stock and got gimped and ended up losing.
Dark Neon went Toon Link the second match. It was an intense match, but in the end I ended up losing after playing with the lead most of the match after getting lazy off the edge and getting gimped.

In the end, I ended up winning the matches I was supposed to win (FEFan88 was Mario, Usual Ranger was Falco; I showed him, haha) and lost to the players I should have lost to who were better than me. I was kinda disappointed in some ways; I played my best when I was the underdog, but the matches I should have won I struggled more than I should. I felt like I played to the level of my opponent, haha.

Also got to play several friendlies with Big Lou; he's a cool guy. Those matches were a lot of fun. The guy is crazy good, haha.

I got two of the matches against TurtL saved; the rest of my matches weren't on hacked Wiis. Hopefully I can get those and get someone to upload them soon, haha.
I have to say congratulations on this.

You did much much better that how I did at my first tournament. I got last place lol. Keep going to tournaments if you can, trust me it can be a great experience.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
congratulations on your first tourney huggles, mine was horrible so you're on the right way.

keep it up :D

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Man go Huggles that's so good all Link. I'm so proud. *Sniff*.

Anyways if you guys have an idea for a new thread title shoot some ideas.

Top Bottom