• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
i just watch the first few videos and i just have to laugh at ur unlucky streak. No one should have to suffer by finding the same pokemon over and over.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
i just watch the first few videos and i just have to laugh at ur unlucky streak. No one should have to suffer by finding the same pokemon over and over.
I know. :c
One would think that this being my first Nuzlocke ever, the Nuzlocke Lords would smile upon my quest. But to no avail. It gets better, though.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
If it wasnt for my HG having around 405 pokemon i would probably want to restart and try this out but really its not worth it. HG has the stuff like the event pokemon, pokewalker and traded pokemon from pearl so i really cant restart it. And well pearl is pearl. It sucks. lol.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
If it wasnt for my HG having around 405 pokemon i would probably want to restart and try this out but really its not worth it. HG has the stuff like the event pokemon, pokewalker and traded pokemon from pearl so i really cant restart it. And well pearl is pearl. It sucks. lol.
Haha, at first I wasn't gonna do this Nuzlocke run for the exact same reason (although I don't think I had quite as much, and the other two guys who were doing it were like "but what all of that can you not get back? And what's the point if you haven't even played it at all in several months anyway?" And I gotta say, they were right.
New party:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
well im still sorta playing it. Every so often i grind up a few more evolutions. And theres tons of things i couldnt get again. Picked up Jirachi, Mew, Palkia the 3 psychic pokemon from D/P and I got the enigma stone for latios. Not to mention all the pearl exclusive pokemon that took forever to transfer over to HG and the 214 hours spent playing and grinding stupid. lol. '

I would Dl the rom but i could get some serious crap if i get caught by the ITS or w/e guys who actually have been cracking down on that sort of stuff. Stupid school net....

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm completely lost about the last 2 pages.

'Borrowed a PS3 (big pain to hook up and synk everything) so I've been playing FFXIII. It combines elements from, and is like a refined ensemble of the, later FFs. Lightning=Ashe+Squall, Sphere grid, FFX-2+FFXII battle system, FFII summons but on a battle screen, voice actors, several look-alikes, (can't forget) Cid and Chocobos, etc. Slow to start but a great game so far.

Nice work cleaning up the boards Scabe.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I couldn't find that team Link thread, so I'll post my q in here even though I really should go to Q&A but Anaky's is going on OK so here it is:

Since Ike is now technically high tier, who is Link's best low tier partner? Std. ruleset? I personally thought it'd be Samus or Captain Falcon for their superior mobility and damage racking while Link could come in and keep throwing out KO moves.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Yeah i stopped updating the team thread. Sry... Im too busy to keep up with it.

E: Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
F: Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
G: Ganondorf

But IMO its either Zelda, Mario, or Lucas.

Zelda and Link are team camp. Zelda can save Link fairly well.

Mario and Link would be decent. Mario would be good against anyone slow. He can get in close range and own people. But he really cant save Link well. His fireball approach owns low tiers. Plus mario is the Gimp master. Only one he would have trouble gimping with cape or fludd is Jiggly.

Lucas and Link would have 2 of the best jab lock people in the game. Link has tons of set ups as we all know. Lucas has a few reliable ones. And once he you land a jab lock lucas can run in and Usmash them. And if you really wanted to, Link could hop over and go for a Dair after the Usmash for super death lol. Lucas can also recover really well and possible save Link with PK thunder. PK Freeze would also save Link as it gives him added height after frozen and breaking free.

CF might be an okay partner as he can save Link and recover at the same time. But i cant imagine CF being a good doubles character.

Teams to probably stay away from are Link and Samus. Projectile interference all over. Bowser might be too big and slow to avoid Links projectiles. Ganon and Link are pretty double fail. But in a low tier tournament. They might do okay.

Yoshi shouldnt even be on the low tier, he should switch with PT. Yoshi can really outclass most of the low tiers. Though his grab, pummel animation makes it really hard for teammates to double team someone. Either way Yoshi can basically a better Mario without fireballs or ability to gimp easily. But to make up for it. Yoshi got a Uair to save Link, aerial superiority over most of the low tiers.

Hmm yeah.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Yaaaaay I beat the Elite Four without losing anybody!
* Li’l Porkchop Dragon Danced three times and swept Will without incident.
* Firefox swept Koga with Flamethrower and Extrasensory. Muk required Confuse Ray/Will o’ Wisping due to Minimize, but went down without too much threat due to being weakened by burn.
* Bruce took on Bruno and Flew the Hitmontop to death. Swapped out Captain Falcon into Onix’s Earthquake and Sandstorm, but a Falcon Punch took him down. Swapped Bruce back into Hitmonlee’s Hi Jump Kick for negligible damage and Flew Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan to kill them. Forgot about No Guard and got hit with Rock Slide against Machamp, but Fly managed to take him down before Machamp could finish Bruce.
* Captain Falcon demanded that Karen show him her moves (X Speed and X Attack) and proceeded to Falcon Punch/Payback everything. Leapt at Black Shadow Houndoom with a Falcon Punch to the face, and finished the sweep.
* Li’l Porkchop Dragon Danced 6 times and Ice Fang/Waterfall/Strength’d everything into oblivion.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Now you have to deal with Red. Or was that the first elite 4 and now you have to go to Kanto?

So what are the rules about intractable pokemon. Can you catch the legendaries?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
There was no rule specifically about whether or not legendaries were forbidden; it was a matter of personal choice. I don't think any of us are going to use legendaries though. I for one took down Lugia, since I'm not using legendaries. And yeah, that was the first time through the Elite Four, so I have to take on the Kanto gym leaders now.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
They should either make the wild pokemon in kanto stronger or make all the gym leaders there weaker so you can basically start a new journey there with a whole new team.

Hmm you know what. Screw it ima play Pearl and be a follower and do a nuzlocke.

Cept im still probably going to catch every pokemon. But have a set box for first caught/usable pokemon. Idk im kind of OCD about pokemon. I must have them ALL!!!!.

Also whoever is here. Chatroom now!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wut, I haven't even started. Well I have but so far I haven't posted it :urg:
Oh, I thought the outdated threads were gone.
I couldn't find that team Link thread, so I'll post my q in here even though I really should go to Q&A but Anaky's is going on OK so here it is:

Since Ike is now technically high tier, who is Link's best low tier partner? Std. ruleset? I personally thought it'd be Samus or Captain Falcon for their superior mobility and damage racking while Link could come in and keep throwing out KO moves.
Samus+Link is the best low tier team.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Now you have to deal with Red. Or was that the first elite 4 and now you have to go to Kanto?

So what are the rules about intractable pokemon. Can you catch the legendaries?
Legendariesare typically forbidden since they're so powerful in-game and can easily ride you through the Elite Four / goal.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
So many Pokemon lost.

Shall we have a moment of silence for them?
A moment of silence and a eulogy for those Pokemanz who have fallen in battle. Those brave souls who ventured forth knowing not when their demise would come, but strove forward all the same.

A moment of respect for those Pokemanz, as they were felled by a superior opponent, or a mistake unforeseen.

We hope that when they reach Pokeheaven, they'll find PokeGod waiting for them with the words every Pokemanz wants to hear, and the sight every Pokemanz wants to see:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh, I thought the outdated threads were gone.

Samus+Link is the best low tier team.
I think most of you guys have the Display Option set to like "From The" "Last 2 Months" or something.

Again I must apologize about not making that thread where we clean up the boards together. It's done but just needs a little refinement and pretty colours :p

I've just been swamped recently with work, I was supposed to be on a two week break because they gave that to me as a punishment for sleeping in! :awesome:

But they only gave one week and thought it was already two weeks. :mad088:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Super lame. 4 geodude in a row... I guess i could level them all up and selfdestruct my way to victory in a gym.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Yeah... Missed onix zubat and machop because of it. I could have also traded the machop for an abra. Also found another geodude in route 207. Soo yeah. This game hates me. But thats okay i hate this game too. lol.

So far i can only see myself keeping TuxedoMask around. Maybe Woodstock. But really Bidoof, Shinx, and Geodude are a total waste of a slot. This is why pearl sucks. I also should have started with Chimchar or Turtwig. I just decided to handicap myself more by picking the worst starter. Bad idea. lol.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, hey, my initial team was Totodile and 4 Rattatas. I got so frustrated I actually named the fourth one "FUUUUU-"

I never played Pearl, but my Graveler has served me very well. Just make sure you don't have it fight anything it's quadruple weak to, haha. It makes a good physical wall and packs a nasty punch too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol @ Quirky's post.
FFXIII elements are beginning to enter my dreams. I keep calling Lightning Ashe from FFXII.

Life sucks.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Man i've gone down in activity. I've taken up Melee as another generous pastime, and school caught up to me somewhat. Link still sits high in placings with me, but only in friendlies and such.

IYM!

Smash Lord
i was tired with pokemon, no with the game, but the tv series... man all the chapters except the fight with GYM boss or stadium battles, had the same enthing, the team roket was defeated once again. (i dont know how is his phrase in English)

in Spanish is El equipo Roket ha sido vencido otra vez ...... Wobofet!

i am tired for this, but i play PKM stadium sometimes

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsEU0aKRJE

Help me pick a new game to Let's Play!
Final Fantasy 6 is one of my favorites, play that!

Honestly, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon either. I've never played R/S/E or D/P/P, and honestly, don't particularly care to. A lot of it is the nostalgia that Fire Red and Soul Silver gave me from when I was in middle school that got me to buy them. And the Nuzlocke Run was the idea of some friends of mine, and I figured if I had a game lying around I wasn't playing I could get some enjoyment out of it playing with some fun rules (and it's been tons of fun, haha).

And IYM!, I got tired of the Pokemon show really early; before he'd even collected the fourth badge I think.

Top Bottom