• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Ha, well, Mornin' Wood was supposed to be based on "Spongebob's face when he found out Squidward like Krabby Patties."

And that was where that Link picture was based off. :cool:

I've almost finished the first part of getting this place clean. I don't really like how the way it's formatted though :urg:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
HYESZ!

I just caught a Machop, who is named Douglas, in honor of the great Douglas J. Falcon. I'm hoping he lives long enough to get Falc- I mean, Dynamic Punch, with that No Guard ability giving him perfect accuracy.

Scabe is an awesome mod. Fact.

Haha, I didn't know that that was where the Link raepface came from, Scabe, although it did always kinda reminded me of it.

EDIT: And my Clemson Tigers just tore up Georgia Tech. I have to say, it's been a good Saturday, haha.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Be careful of No Guard, you're also giving Spiritomb, one of Machamp's best switch-ins, a 100% accurate Will-o-Wisp / Hypnosis. You should opt to run Payback too. If you're worried about status, you can run Guts with Rest+Sleep Talk. But in almost any other scenario No Guard is much better for DynamicPunch, Stone Miss Edge, and etc.

Also, if this is for in-game, then disregard everything above.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hahaha, yeah, this is a Nuzlocke run, so I don't care a whole lot about all of the advanced strategies; just doing whatever it takes to keep him from fainting, because then he's dead forever, and I only get one Pokemon per area (the first one, so that's all up to chance too; I have about 7 Pokemon worth using, so my depth if anyone dies is perilously thin. Freaking Rattatas). Thanks for the advice though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hahaha, yeah, this is a Nuzlocke run, so I don't care a whole lot about all of the advanced strategies; just doing whatever it takes to keep him from fainting, because then he's dead forever, and I only get one Pokemon per area (the first one, so that's all up to chance too; I have about 7 Pokemon worth using, so my depth if anyone dies is perilously thin. Freaking Rattatas). Thanks for the advice though.
Nuzlockes! I'm still in my Emerald one (wanna help me spread the word? :3) and love watching others do the same. Are you going to be recording it?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Nuzlockes! I'm still in my Emerald one (wanna help me spread the word? :3) and love watching others do the same. Are you going to be recording it?
Well, I'm keeping a record of everything I'm doing, if that's what you mean, haha. I'm doing a SoulSilver run with a couple friends; we signed a contract and everything. We each chose a different starter; I was assigned Totodile, since he's the best of the three starters and it's my first Nuzlocke run. All of the Pokemon I've been drawing are the pokeymanz I've caught during the run; we're supposed to each make a comic after it's all said and done.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ahaha, yes, the Nuzlocke comics. Those always turn out amazing and hilarious. I'll anticipate yours, Huggles. :D

Be careful though. Which specific Nuzlocke rules laws are you following?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Statement of Terms and Contract
In undertaking this Nuzlocke Run, we the undersigned, agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1) After entering an area of the game world specified by name, only the first wild pokemon that appears may be caught. Furthermore, only one pokemon may be obtained in a particular area by any means.
a. Trading a pokemon with any human person other than those signed below is prohibited.
b. Trading a pokemon with yourself from another game cartridge is prohibited.
c. Trading a pokemon with an in-game character is permitted. However, it is subject to the above rule regarding the obtaining of pokemon.
d. Trading a pokemon with a person also under the terms of this contract is permitted and is exempt from the above rule regarding the obtaining of pokemon.
2) If a pokemon’s hit points are reduced to zero and the pokemon faints, that pokemon may not be revived through use of any item, and must be released from your party and computer storage. That pokemon shall, from that time forward, be considered “dead."
3) Pokemon, once obtained, must be given a nickname.
4) Important events encountered in the pursuit of this Nuzlocke Run should be recorded. This includes the following:
a. Name and location of pokemon caught
b. Name and location of pokemon obtained without being caught
c. Name and location of first pokemon encountered, but not caught in an area.
d. Name, location, and description of events surrounding a pokemon’s “death”.
e. Arrival at a new town
f. Description of defeat of Gym leaders
g. Description of defeat of Elite four trainers.
h. Other noteworthy battles (e.g. Rival Battles)
i. The end of the Nuzlocke Run due to defeat
j. The successful completion of the Nuzlocke Run; as defined by becoming Champion
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions for the duration of the Nuzlocke run shall indicate the offending party to be a godd*** F***ing noob b*****d.

This is the old contract for their previous run; there were additional rules added for things like Pokewalker (forbidden) and using the Daycare center (also forbidden). Pokemon are also put in a Graveyard box instead of released for record-keeping purposes, and a couple other rules. The penalty for cheating is quite severe, right?

This is my current party.
Here are most of my other Pokemon. I also have a Miltank, Girafarig, and Tentacool, but haven't gotten around to drawing them yet.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good stuff Huggs.
Lately I can't draw figures, it's irritating. Unless I have a basis to model them after. My centers of balance look very wrong.
Ha, well, Mornin' Wood was supposed to be based on "Spongebob's face when he found out Squidworth like Krabby Patties."
Fixed. (lol "you can't eat so many at once" "why because I'll explode?" "No, they'll go strait to your thighs. ...and then you'll explode").
I think part of it was the fact Thunder was hear longer and you are more level headed than I am.

Just look at my yelling at A2ZOMG recently about Bowser vs Link.

I'm also a bit immature, I can be mature but I cop out a lot to silly stuff.
Either way you've done a very good job being our active mod Scabe. :link2:
I think everyone on both sides of the MU felt like you did then.
Scabe is an awesome mod. Fact.
Too bad ToZ isn't active. He did a good job when he was. Scabe's a great mod, active in tourneys and on the boards, he knows his stuff, and is polite and fair.
Zeus was a bit stricter which made him and Scabe a good pair.

I highly recommend Red Ryu to be made a mod; especially because organizing MU exports is a big workload for one mod even if he is Scabe.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
"you can't eat so many at once" "why because I'll explode?" "No, they'll go strait to your thighs. ...and then you'll explode"
Haha, that is the best episode of Spongebob ever. I bought the 3rd season of Spongebob specifically for that episode, haha.
Too bad ToZ isn't active. He did a good job when he was. Scabe's a great mod, active in tourneys and on the boards, he knows his stuff, and is polite and fair.
Zeus was a bit stricter which made him and Scabe a good pair.
Agreed.
I highly recommend Red Ryu to be made a mod; especially because organizing MU exports is a big workload for one mod even if he is Scabe.
Also agreed.
@Huggles: Leveling up must be a pain, eh? Still, only 2 "dead". Nice work!
Well, I lost a lv. 4 Rattata at the very beginning of the game to a critical hit Vine Whip, but I already had three Rattatas, and it wasnt even my best one, so it didn't really hurt me. You do have to be careful leveling up though; that's how I lost Tesla. Stupid critical hits.
We don't.

But Huggles, that's awesome. Again, I'm in my Emerald Nuzlocke so I feel your difficulties and pains. We can do this together! XD
Haha, our Nuzlocke run ends when we beat Red/lose all of our Pokemon. So I've got a while to go, unfortunately, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
huggles ur pokemon team sure changes a lot. I usually only end up carrying the pokemon i like or might be important for the next gym. I think in the early game i tend to have like 3 pokemon.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wait. You only lose your Nuzlocke when ALL of your Pokemon are gone?

Please don't say yes to that. That's kinda lame. :p
Haha, no, if we lose all our Pokemon in our party that's game over too. I was just lazy in choosing my words.
i. The end of the Nuzlocke Run due to defeat
But if I get caught without a water Pokemon and no way to go across water for example, or no Pokemon that can move boulders, and no way to catch one, that's game over too.

And Ryos, yeah, normally my team doesnt change too too much, but in a Nuzlocke run, it's important to have extra Pokemon in case someone dies. Plus, I can't really be picky since I get so few, so I've been using Pokemon I normally don't, haha.

So I did the sketch for Machoke, and I have to say, he turned out REALLY well, hahaha.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
One question: can you swap out pokemon at your leisure?

Example: You swap out your Raepface with another poke that can use Rock Smash from the comp, break the rock and then swap Raepface back into your party?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
One question: can you swap out pokemon at your leisure?

Example: You swap out your Raepface with another poke that can use Rock Smash from the comp, break the rock and then swap Raepface back into your party?
That's perfectly fine. Most Nuzlockers run settings on "set" instead of "shift" so you don't get to advantageously switch Pokemon.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, you should draw ridiculous pictures of all your Pokemon, Terywj.

Also, I kinda feel like this is a silly thing to have as our GD topic.

And Quirky: nah, I just felt like a fire-type gave me better coverage than Zaxby, since Bruce already has flying type and was stronger and faster.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah, most of the times I can't come up with a title.

Organising Link boards will have to postpone, suddenly I have work all this week. Even though I'm not supposed to work this week. >_>

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Speaking of pokemon. I finally hit 400 caught in HG. and it only took me 214 hours...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Haha, you should draw ridiculous pictures of all your Pokemon, Terywj.

Also, I kinda feel like this is a silly thing to have as our GD topic.

And Quirky: nah, I just felt like a fire-type gave me better coverage than Zaxby, since Bruce already has flying type and was stronger and faster.
I'm already recording the entire Nuzlocke, so I think I'll pass for drawing ridiculous pictures, since I have no artistic talent what-so-ever.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's like a mixture of Ganon and Falcon. That's what I think :p
Brawl Ganon+C Falcon=melee Ganon. Why'd they have to mess up characters like Ganon and Link in brawl?
/whiny comment

I wonder what the inside of a pokeball is like.

@Quirky
My HR is 72 now. After about 60 it starts soaring. Having great luck skill gives a ton more items:grin:. I use my Gayarch hammer:smash: which has 3 fate gems in it, Jaggi mask and a fate+2/sense+10 talisman so I have great luck and other skills like evade distance (great for hammers) on all my armor sets except the ones for elderdragons and Djho.

How do you do the charging attack with a lance?

quirkynature

Smash Ace
@Quirky
My HR is 72 now.
EPIC! I crossed HR 100 yesterday, and topped off 101 today. I thought you'd dropped MH3. I never see you onilne. :(

The event quests "Poached Wyvern Eggs" is on right now, so go make some money if you're running short. I made me a bunch of armors and really shorted out. Lucky timing is lucky. Get it? Good luck, great luck, fate jewel...uhh...never mind.

I'd recommend using that charge attack with the lance only if the monster is limping away and you just want to stick it a bit more for pissing you off. Otherwise, it's good because its speed is faster than running. It's damage really sucks, so I'd say you avoid it. The shield doesn't defend when you're charging either, so be careful. For a Lance, though, whichever type you use (guard or evade), make sure you have all types at a good range (guard boost/evasion up, guard/evade +1/+2).

On the Wiimote, I use the minus button to charge. I use the minus to upswing with the axe but I don't remember what it corresponds to for hammers. It's the same button you use to start up Spirit Combo on the longsword. That should help.

Let's hunt again sometime!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
This comic is relevant to this conversation.

Also, I curse the lack of evolutionary stones in Soul Silver. Seriously, it's time for my Vulpix and Gloom to evolve.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
...Well, I am officially screwed. Raepface got criticaled and killed by HYDRO PUMP, and Sparky got criticaled by Hyper beam. Both of them were taken out in one hit when they had full health. Lost two Pokemon to Clair's Kingdra. It killed Jolteon when it had one health left.

EDIT: Well, turns out my Gyarados, Li'l Porkchop, with some training should be able to cover well, although Raepface is still a big loss. I looked at one of the IV calculators and he has almost max stats for everything (including absolute max HP and Attack and max Speed with a helpful nature) although he has absolutely rock bottom defense with a hindering nature, although Intimidate should help out a little. I don't have a whole lot to cover the loss of Jolteon; Electrode, maybe, but I'm probably gonna just put LOLwut back on my team and hope for the best.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Competitively, Altaria slouches out compared to the rest of the powerhouse Dragon-types like Salamence and Garchomp, and will fade even more with Generation V's batch of new Dragon-types. But Altaria has a great niche (or was going to have one anyway) for my Nuzlocke in that she resists a lot, meaning she could act like a pivot for the team, taking resisted hits while I for example would use Potions on weakened teammates. Altaria is also great through Natural Cure, meaning I can use Rest of her, switch out, and she'll be awake the next time she switches in. That preserves my healing items for the teammates who need it.

But she's gone now. :c

Top Bottom