• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well the two days of the checking up on the store thing is finally over. Still got like an 8 hour shift tomorrow.

Who is that dog you always have in your avatar?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well the two days of the checking up on the store thing is finally over. Still got like an 8 hour shift tomorrow.

Who is that dog you always have in your avatar?
Sherlock Hound he's from an old Hayao Miyazaki anime I love.

Also if people are interested.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10807444#post10807444

Info from shmot hope this helps:

basically, you want to sdi towards the middle of the tornado (if you are on the left side you sdi right, if you are on the right side, you sdi left). remembering that the hitbox regenerates every 5 frames or so, you want to be the closest to where the hitbox begins, so then you have the most amount of time until the next hitbox appears. anyway, from there, most characters have enough time to airdodge through the nado, provided they get close enough to the centre. it definitely works with the ics, and i have got a grab out of this (pity nana never seems to follow you, but low % cgs are nice anyway). so i suppose in summary, i mash the joystick and cstick toward the centre of the nado, and mash 'r' to airdodge. you dont wanna jump cause you dont have enough time to airdodge after, and youd do too high up.
If this works, it would help every character learn how to get out of MK's tornado.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My icon is Link. Who wants to go nuts?

Maining Gold color now, and i remember a while back when i was actually winning vs MKs(Which i feel is a 85-15 MK) , i don't think i'm as good as i used to be :(
I don't make as many flaws, but since i started back offline, i haven't been doing too well with Link.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
What? You've switched to Link?

Well, I suppose Link is kinda similar to Link. Oh, wait.... :D

Link is really hard to use successfully, especially against characters that are super fast (Fox, MK) or are great at edgeguarding (ROB, MK), or can chaingrab (Falco, Dedede).

MK is hard for Link, it's true; merely playing without flaws may not be enough. You'll need to start reading opponents and predicting them and spacing just right. Also, yeah, Link's pretty different from most other characters and has unique ATs so it can take a while to switch from Link to another character (although I feel like playing bad characters in general forces you to get better to keep up with other players' characters).

Just stick with it. Link takes tons of practice. You'll figure it out!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk i find Meta a little easier to fight then some of the really fast characters. Hes much easier to space and so light a dsmash/dair could kill him in the 80s or something.

Though i dont agree that Link is hard to change into. Lots of people say that but idk why. He doesnt actually need to use ATs to be good. The only ATs i actually make use of is his pivot boosting, which he has in common with a lot of the cast. The only thing that is really something you need to get use to with Link is his spacing. Hes alot easier to play then let say Ganon.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What? You've switched to Link?
Yes, i have, and thanks for the advice!

Idk i find Meta a little easier to fight then some of the really fast characters. Hes much easier to space and so light a dsmash/dair could kill him in the 80s or something.

Though i dont agree that Link is hard to change into. Lots of people say that but idk why. He doesnt actually need to use ATs to be good. The only ATs i actually make use of is his pivot boosting, which he has in common with a lot of the cast. The only thing that is really something you need to get use to with Link is his spacing. Hes alot easier to play then let say Ganon.
I know, i only find MK hard once i go offstage. Other than that, it's just predicting Fair and Dsmash.
I do tend to use Zair a lot with Link, and Bombs are like, the only things i bring out besides an occasional Arrow or Boomerang. I switch up my moves a lot, but when i'm playing good opponents, they are indubitably hard to read.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nice stuff Ryu, can you confirm that this works for Link?
From what I understand it works for everyone, but what you can do after tornado when you do get out is the only thing that changes how useful it is for people.

Like can Link get a free hit off of MK if he gets out.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I didn't get the point of 'pranking' somebody. What, just a pink title and 'PRANKED!'? Or does it actually make SWF say something like 'SWF thought (your character) sucked so bad we decided to boot you from our forums. Please make a new account and pick a new character."?

:D

Scabe

Successful Businessman
You've been pranked for quite some time now. Has it been over a month?

I can't believe I'm almost up to 3000 posts. What have I done with my life?!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've got 3000+.
I don't see why i type in this color, without being pranked....
Lame LP is lame...

Was going through the SWF Staff, found some interesting things...
Not going to mention unless asked, though :x

Rizen

Smash Legend
Not LP :(
I wanna be pranked...
I'd prank you if I knew how.
LOL
You've been pranked for quite some time now. Has it been over a month?

I can't believe I'm almost up to 3000 posts. What have I done with my life?!
There's is an Irish song 'Parting Glass' that the first two verses remind me of maining Link:

"The Parting Glass

O, all the money e'er I had,
I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that ever I've done,
alas it was to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit
to mem'ry now I can't recall;
So fill to me the parting glass,
Good night and joy be with you all.

O, all the comrades e'er I had,
They're sorry for my going away.
And all the sweethearts e'er I had,
They'd wished me one more day to stay.
But since it falls unto my lot,
That I should rise and you should not,
I gently rise and softly call,
Goodnight and joy be with you all."

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvKmX_wyjk

3:04
Someone please explain this.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I love playing ZSS. She's so easy (be quiet, pervs). Dash attack->jab->dash attack->offstage opponent->D-smash->Flip jump KO. Or at high percents, once you offstage opponent, D-smash->grab->D-throw->B-air.

It's amazingly simple!! Dash->jab! LOL ZSS mains read this and go "just stop, quirky". XD

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvKmX_wyjk

3:04
Someone please explain this.
Ha, if you start walking and then let the control stick go back to the center, Link's leg snaps back to where it is when he stands still, so if you start walking just a bit and then stop over and over it's like a taunt. Like this. This one's also good.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
¿por que nunca me dijiste que sabias hablar español?:confused:

but i have project 64 with kaillera, we can play smash bros 64 in galaxy or bucle (Chile server):p
No te dijo que hablo español porque mi español no es tan bueno. Comprendo un poco. :)

I had project 64 on my wii but I after the 3.4 update and 'reinstallation' of certain channels, I can't play ssb64 because it's not installed anymore. Installation would be a massive pain, so I won't do it. :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd re-download Project 64 but other than Super Smash Bros. and the Pokemon Stadiums I'm not really in the mood to play anything else at the moment.

I suppose that should be enough, though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ha, if you start walking and then let the control stick go back to the center, Link's leg snaps back to where it is when he stands still, so if you start walking just a bit and then stop over and over it's like a taunt. Like this. This one's also good.
It was too good XD
I gotta try that sometime, did Scabe do that purposely?

How would a computer with internet help...?
Well...
For starters....
You wouldn't have to ask that question...
Ever again...

IYM!

Smash Lord
How would a computer with internet help...?
ok... i will start again, maybe i dont say this in the correctly way

there are an nintendo 64 emulator called project 64 (pj64), is a great emukator than can emulate the games at 100%

well, also exist a version of that emulator with internet coneccion funtions (kaillera) we can play online the N64 games, and i use it to play with oyher players in all world, or at least with another city of Chile and sometimes with argentina.

I mentioned a computer with internet for the simple reason, is all you need to play with me, only download Project64k_0_13 and the Super Smash Bros. (E) [1] and done, the coputer don need to be a beast machine to emulate this Smash

if I am right, I think Smash boards has a server, called The Galaxy and that server is from New York
Also Chile have Kaillera Server Bucle

that was i try to say :)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah I do that taunt all the time. It's my fav, and everyone laughs at it when you do it :laugh:
Pretty nice, you have to teach me on that sometime :laugh:

Haha, I want to know why Link can have such fancy footwork like that and still be so slow a character.
This.

Anyone seen any of the new episodes of Futurama? I pretty much died from laughter watching them.
Haven't seen the new ones, but thanks for the heads up, lol

I've got my Pink now, that make me official? :V

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I currently like the stuff from K-on. But i think my overall favorite is God Knows by Aya Hirano. Mostly just for the guitar.

Top Bottom