• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So, I had my second lost last week to the #3 on the rankings.
Tonight's final match was #1(Me) & #4 vs #2 & #3 (both of whom are the ones to whom I lost).

Smashed 'em. :) Can't wait for the lolbalancedbrawlwithitems(on Smashville though!) video to come out.

Scabe

Successful Businessman

Rizen

Smash Legend
I remember that; that was awesome Scabe :)
Pretty sure it only works with DK though

:phone:
DK (or Bowser) is probably the easiest. If your character's not hit they can footstool another character's UpB action and it neither will be interrupted, like what Scabe did on DK. It's also possible to footstool off shields as a mix up.

Edit:
I found a $5 bill today, which is probably more money than I found in loose change the entire decade before.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Today was my early day out of school

But three hours later I'm still here doing homework

School suuuuuuuuuuucks

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
If A = B and A = C, then B = C.

Unnecessary post by Bomber is unnecessary.

Rizen

Smash Legend
...So anyone get a wii U? I can't transfer my Wii data because it says something like 'memory card was not intended for that wii U' :[ . It really needs a high def TV for games like Darksiders2; maybe I can find a used one cheap.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You could pick up an HDTV for 80-120 dollars next week if you are okay with 22-32 inches and random brands/quality.

Browny

Smash Hater
Hay guise, thought I'd show this off :D

http://i48.tinypic.com/2e2o4e1.jpg

I bought it yesterday. Its full size, weighs a lot and has warnings about using it in public and facing criminal charges lol.

I was planning on doing a Link Cosplay (and I mean full on, with a navi, clawshots and other gadgets) however I cant carry the sword in public :( I might be able to use the shield though. Its very cool :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sooooo I found out tonight how more comfortable Link is for me in Brawl now that I've been playing 64 a lot more (which I main Link in that game). I felt so fluid with all my motions and my spacing which for some reason I can't do with TL. It felt pretty cool, granted my Link still isn't good, but I'm definitely going to try him in my next tournament. ^_^

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That's hard to say. Bair is best to momentum cancel and good for quick spacing, Fair can punish movement with it's 2nd delayed strike and works as a forward launching KO move. Both landing cancel. If you don't count recovering, Fair is a little better IMO.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I like Bair, but that's my personal preference. I haven't seen the full potential of fair yet so my support goes with bair since I've used it more and gotten good results.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'm having a really hard time answering that question. My first thought is that my preference is bair and that I use it a lot, but after thinking about it a lot I really don't use either fair or bair as much as I thought. Both are good for midair interceptions, especially for fastfalling into an opponent. Bair is great for momentum cancelling, fair is a better kill move, but bair can be used to more effectively stagespike.

In any case, neither is a terribly great move, and zair generally does the jobs that bair and fair do and does it better. But out of the two, I'd say bair. It comes out slightly faster, making it a good move to knock opponents away who are in your face.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Landing canceling make Fair/Bair/Nair great for spacing.
Fair is like a smash with no end land http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Bp10oqCh5Ag#t=153s (watch until 2:57) and it walls off where characters are moving. Fair is great and better than Zair vs Wario and characters with bad disjoint who get in your face. I space with Fair a lot in this match vs a good Marth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAltBANMEVE&feature=player_detailpage#t=32s .

Bair's Link's fastest attack (besides stuff with a bomb already out) which makes it good for quick spacing. And as Ano mentioned, it can stage spike and is quick/safe for offstage intercepting along with Nair. (lots of Bair in this one) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7b4UGeIADhc#t=165s

Link has good uses for all his attacks except maybe Dtilt (:().
PS
The hitbubble pics vanished from my guide http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325062 and the AiB thread :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
i was going to edit my post with the fact that fair is also great to use from the ledge, whether quick jump just below the stage to knock someone back and give you space to get on the stage or to actually jump onto the stage itself while attacking, but I was lazy.

But now that Rizen has written a whole second post with VIDEO EVIDENCE OF EVERYTHING, I think I will post this information, thank you very much.

Your welcome.

But anyways, I'd say bair is definitely more useful for onstage defending against ledgeguarders (can reverse bair spam or run off the edge and stagespike, also quick and easy to react to whatever their trying to do to get on stage) while fair is better for stuff while hanging from the ledge.

Also, you were spamming fair too much in that match vs marth Rizen. :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also, you were spamming fair too much in that match vs marth Rizen. :p
Maybe, but how many times did I land Fair and how many times was I punished for it :smirk:?
Fair's better on wifi than offline. If I have time to start Fair then it's higher payoff than Bair. Zair can't be FFed if started while rising and Marth was aggressive. Marth's sword eats boomerang/arrows and I was pressured too close. Link's Fair did keep Marth spaced safely for the most part.
Bair is better for fast attacks and offstage, I agree.

Everything has its uses ('cept Dtilt sorta) so comparing Link's moves is an apples/oranges thing. :ohwell:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ahh, now the reason comes out, you like it because it's hard to punish on WiFi! I see. ;)

I should practice those retreating fairs, ALSM does them too and they seem to be very effective for spacing. Definitely a nice mixup for zair. It is also definitely great for characters like Marth, I agree with you. Any character with good air mobility/range is a character to use fair on.

Bair is definitely a better "Get off me" move though. Even though, by most characters standards, it's still not a very good one. :c

EDIT: Oh hey everyone by the way I'm a guy.

<----

Rizen

Smash Legend
Nair is good for breaking juggles. When in doubt Link should reset the situation and pull a bomb.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sometimes I watch gameplay and cutscene videos of games I'll never play because they're on the wrong system or something.

Like Portal (Spoiler Alert) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teLDBp9YK_k
The dialog is hilarious :bee:, GLaDOS has some freewill and knowledge of running the factory but almost no 'life' experience. 'She' ends up sounding like a 4 year old who has read an engineering dictionary trying to use psychology to demoralize the player. She also sings the credits song.

Edit: I can't believe you can show your gender on Smashboards now.
This sounds wrong, lol.

I transferred my Wii data onto my Wii U and no Pikmin were left behind. I'm use the old wii for SSBB because the GC controllers but all my data was moved. So I have a new FC and need to play through subspace to unlock the characters again.
Edit: FC changed. <-This is my new one.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Not to complain, but to complain, technically, every move is situational. So the debate would be which move has more situations where it is useful, and the effectiveness of that move for dealing with those situations.

But not to complain or anything. xD

Addendum: I'm glad we're getting some discussion going here.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Way back when I was actually good and I still played Melee, I'd face my scrub friends and all I would do was pull bombs and throw them until I killed them. This usually involved suicide bombing. :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy Thanks Giving! Time to
go mooch food
see my family
...I'm going to be tired again.

Top Bottom