• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Would love to contribute more, but more contributors are needed as well.

I told Kotier you'd give in-depth feedback and you did, lol xD

Well, I was outplayed yesterday in my tourney and took my first loss. #2 in the tourney completely outplayed me. I'm going to post the video in the critique thread as soon as it comes out on YouTube so I can get some feedback on it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^We do :[ .

That's too bad. But being undefeated for as long as you were is still impressive ;) .

I try to critique and help other Links as much as possible :) . 2nd-ing Ganon helped.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good work Scabe :) .
I'm playing DK Country Returns. I started some time ago but dropped it. So far I'm at the Volcano and have beaten all but 1 Temple level. Very challenging but that's nice for a newer game :).

In Brawl my character tiers are (how good I am with them):
S
Link
A
Zelda, Ganon, Wolf, G&W
B
PT
C
Bowser, MK

The more I learn MK, the cheaper I think he is.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Shuttle Loop is the most broken move in the game imo.
I agree. His roll/Dair/Nair/Tornado/dash grab/Dsmash are top tier as well and many other moves not far under.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35khGy7wxLY&feature=plcp
After that I practiced gliding offline. My only glide character was Char and she can't shark or fly under stages safely so I never really learned. At first I held forward which makes gliders nosedive:scared:. I'm learning MK to better understand the MU and sharking/gliding/going far offstage/under the stage.

@ Scabe: Which path will you take for the love letter and Item Check subplots?
(spoilers)

I always delivered the letter but read the other course has eerie results.
The first play through I didn't break Patrice's heart but felt bad like I cheated on Zelda so on hero mode I did. But I never mislead Patrice and was always strait about my Link's feelings toward her. Lol I take that too seriously, probably because the girls who have stood me up irl :glare:. :ohwell:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
@Rizen: I won't even know what path to take for the love letter and Item Check subplots, since this is my first playthrough of the game >.<.

Ohhhh in other news I've been playing a lot of Project M whenever my friend comes over. He tried to set it up but for some reason it freezes on mine, I think I know why, so next time he comes over hopefully that'll get fixed.

I don't use Link in that game though, at the moment really liking Peach and Marth and a bit of Pika, I do try to use Link too.

Also I'm pretty free these days now that I'm holidays, so finally expect a clean up of the boards. God damnit Scabe

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Lol clean up all ten topics. Biiiig deal. :p

I was going to do the spooky Love Letter way on Hero Mode, but I was too tempted by having the opportunity to hook up two people again. Lol.

Well, my tier list for characters is
S Toon Link
A Wolf, Link
B Lucario
C Falco

I ALWAYS do better when I use Toon Link or Wolf, lol :s

Bomber7

Smash Hero
While we are listing our character tiers, here's mine:
S: No one
A: no one
B: no one
C: no one
D: no one
F: no one
crap: no one
****: no one
why the hell do I even play: Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Random, Link, everyone else

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Lol, nice gif :)
While we are listing our character tiers, here's mine:
S: No one
A: no one
B: no one
C: no one
D: no one
F: no one
crap: no one
****: no one
why the hell do I even play: Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Random, Link, everyone else
Maybe you need to find a character who fits your style and stay with him/her/it/? until playing them feels natural. Switching characters can really hurt one's game, especially on wifi. For characters you know work on maintaining their spacing/best positioning while pressuring the opponent aggressively. Some aggression is more passive like Link's, or baiting etc, but it's always a big part of high level play.

I'll wifi in Xat sometime. Yesterday I had this haunting feeling I tried to repress keep creeping up and started playing terrible. Mis-buffers, SDs, etc and I couldn't pull out of it even after a break and playing different people:urg:. It's still there so I might wait a few days. IDK.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Basically Rizen I listed the whole cast. Brawl just isn't my game because I have more aggro tendencies which Brawl punishes me every time for it, but it can be fun at times which is why I still stick around. As I've mentioned before, I'm more of a natural Link player (young and old) but they suck too bad to really take seriously. Right now I'm gambling on the idea that I'll become good at Link in Smash 64 and some of my habits will cross over to Brawl and I'll be much better than I am now. So far, my Link in Smash 64 is getting there.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm too aggro period. Doesn't matter who I play. I'm really not all too worried about Brawl right now because I'm really into 64.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Tragedy has struck.

Brawl broke my Wii. Dumb double-layered disk. Now I can't play anything on it besides Pokemon Rumble. (And, honestly, who wants to play that?)

It'll cost about $60 to get it fixed. But what with the Wii U coming out in seven days, I'm not sure getting my Wii fixed is worth the money. But then, if I don't get it fixed then I can't play Brawl with a gamecube controller anymore or play my Gamecube games... what a conundrum. :s

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tragedy has struck.

Brawl broke my Wii. Dumb double-layered disk. Now I can't play anything on it besides Pokemon Rumble. (And, honestly, who wants to play that?)

It'll cost about $60 to get it fixed. But what with the Wii U coming out in seven days, I'm not sure getting my Wii fixed is worth the money. But then, if I don't get it fixed then I can't play Brawl with a gamecube controller anymore or play my Gamecube games... what a conundrum. :s
:( that sucks. How'd it break it? I had to send my wii in to have the overheated motor replaced for $80 one time:glare:. The Pro controller has the left stick where GC controllers had it which made me feel a little better about the Wii U not using GC controllers.

@Bomber, if you want help with Brawl or Link I can help. If not that's fine too. I can't do much for N64/Melee Link though.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
But I can't use that to play Brawl.

Anyways, it just can't read discs right now. I think it was just the disc reader got worn out.

@Bomber: I can help with Melee Link. UpB. 'Nuff said.
Oh wait, I can't because I don't have a functioning Wii. Graaaa--

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I was just joking. Melee doesn't have WiFi. :p I was just talking about playing Melee at all, since all I have is a Wii, no GCN.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So I found out last night during a smash night how fun Link can be during doubles. Especially when my friend's were at a high enough percent to kill them with one of my bombs when they weren't paying attention to me (like everyone does in doubles, it's a fatal mistake). I also got to play a lot of random in my doubles matches too. I still have a lot of work to do with how I want to play, but I did focus in some of my matches and did well while still having fun. I consider that some progress.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I could live with the UpB if Link had any quick attacks. Jeez, he's helpless once you've gotten in on him. His recovery wouldn't be such a big problem if he had any options to defend himself with. Look at Falco--his recovery sucks but he is a great character because he has a ton of options. The best Link can hope for is stall with subpar projectiles until the opponent manages to work his way in.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I could live with the UpB if Link had any quick attacks. Jeez, he's helpless once you've gotten in on him. His recovery wouldn't be such a big problem if he had any options to defend himself with. Look at Falco--his recovery sucks but he is a great character because he has a ton of options. The best Link can hope for is stall with subpar projectiles until the opponent manages to work his way in.
Falco's recovery lacks distance but it's fast and has weird armor properties. And he can Fire Bird as a plan B. It's not great but doesn't suck, imo.
Yeah Links recovery sucks

But he can use bombs to double its length or more

Only if your lucky though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0PUIzTAp5Gw#t=162s
:urg:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Episode 2 of my Let's Play series of Skyward Sword: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Lf6C8PgxY&feature=youtu.be

I'm sorry Anonano for butchering your name when I tried to give you a shoutout.

Summoning Legan to help out on the panel. Who was that other really good Link player that's kinda popped out of nowhere? Xavier might be good to have on the panel. Huggles, Rizen and Anonano would be good too. Aero would be good.

Also Rizen I forgot to give you a shoutout ><

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
You gave me a shoutout in the movie? Darn, I need to go watch your movies now. I haven't watched them because I'm at school from 5am-6pm every day and forget to bring headphones, ha ha.

As for the Link BBR, there's no way I'm in. I haven't been to a tourney in over 3 years. I've got a grand total of about five under my belt. And two of those I used TL, Wolf, or Falco. The best I could do is theorycraft, which is not the quality of discussion you want in a BBR, lol.

Although I personally don't feel I'm bad at theorycrafting. :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Yep, holding bombs is useful. You can momentum cancel after being launched sideways fast by throwing the bomb backwards>Bair to catch it (+ the standard FF, DI and projectile coverage) and keep it to help recover.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ironically, bomb recovery never works for me. And I'm always holding a bomb. It always goes off right as I'm about to die.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The bombing style really is a lot about luck. Also patience, awareness, and integrity. I lack a lot of patience which is why I fail so bad at it, but it does pay off from time to time and I pull off some sweet tricks.

Top Bottom