• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
OoT felt really weird at 1st. I ended up liking it but it's not the same as ALttP.

OoA/OoS were fun. My only complaint is collecting 8 essences is the most forced, pointless goal ever. I used the 'secret' system to connect.
A LttP is one of my favourite games of all time. I loved OoT and both made up part of my childhood but LttP was just amazing...

OoS and OoA were games where I loved the landscape. It didn't feel like Hyrule but it was still magical and wonderful, skimming across lakes and going in to forests, climbing up mountains and up trees. :p

So good!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
for me, oot link felt like a betrayal because he was in 3d.

The zelda series is loz/lttp/la/oos/ooa/mc. There are no other zelda games.

I played through oot/mm/sailing adventure, couldn't do it again i have tried.
BETRAYALLLL

I love how talking graphics about LoZ can lead into a 30 post discussion in about four days when we haven't had that many posts in over a month.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hai there link mains! how is everyone doing ;D?
Hi:bee:! I'm hanging in there with Link but CO has close to no smash events:urg:. Mostly I play [FONT=&quot]wifi[/FONT]:ohwell:. Link will always be my main but my Zelda, Wolf, G&W, Ganon, and PT are getting good too.
It's hard to keep track of Link mains these days but many have come back too:).

Are you still dominating the Europe tourneys;)?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
LTTP is the best non-megaman game ever imho.

I haven't touched Link in a while, mostly because I don't play brawl. But I miss back when my Link was able to beat MetaKnight because no one knew the matchup LOL.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^this.

Hi NeeBee :)

It's nice to see the forums active. Deva made a comeback getting 2nd at Pax, all Link.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Hi:bee:! I'm hanging in there with Link but CO has close to no smash events:urg:. Mostly I play [FONT=&quot]wifi[/FONT]:ohwell:. Link will always be my main but my Zelda, Wolf, G&W, Ganon, and PT are getting good too.
It's hard to keep track of Link mains thoese days but many have come back too:).

Are you still dominating the Europe tourneys;)?
Haha I know that feel bro, almost no tourneys in holland either :(

and haven't lost a tourney here for about 1.5 years I think, but theres a big tourney this weekend so that might change. I still play alot of link in money matches, I can post a list of people I've played in mm's in the states if anyone is interested :p

:phone:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Never said I had any matches haha just a list of the people I played against ( these are all mm's )

1-0( set count ) vs tyrants snake
1-0 vs tyrants ic
0-1 vs tyrants marth ( did take a game though :p )
1-1 vs vinnies peach
2-1 vs wills' marth
2-1 vs keitaros diddy

and ALOT more that I don't remember xD

inb4 namesearch- hai vinnie, I know you namesearch everyday you *****

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Except for Legend of Zelda.

Oh, wait.

So guys, we're going to get individual matches from mah round-robin, item-wielding tourney online (individual matches, too!). :o
So you'll get to see me in all my Mr. Saturn-wielding glory sometime this week. :)
Disclaimer: I never wielded a Mr. Saturn this week.

Rizen

Smash Legend
We could. I'd like to see more competitive wifi from the Link boards too. Several boards have wifi challenges (Yoshi/Kirby/Zelda/Sonic) where they have mini-tourneys with only their character aloud. We could have different characters in side events too.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Sounds like a great idea. I'd be in for a tourney like that. I'd help organize if you guys wanted.
Mr. R: You should post the matches anyways. Sheer awesomeness does not require mere recording equipment to be shown to all the world. :p

So...
Do you want to see ANONANO IN ACTION?!

The highlights reel for the Oct 4th matches in my tourney have been posted.
Request from me: Do not post any negative or offensive comments. Last night I sat by a guy who raged about competitive playing and it was highly unpleasant. He'd been ticked off because of the attitude he'd met with some competitive players in the past. Not that most people rage about competitive playing or that most competitive players are snobs, but I hope that the competitive community can reach out and support those who don't take Smash quite as seriously. :)

You can watch my epic moves at 2:56, 8:12 and 8:23.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLH06Qtw43A&feature=g-all-u
LOL I just walk around in all of the clips xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
LOL I was like "Wait he only said a list" so I kinda saw that coming -_-

:phone:

@Luco

NOP, S tier ;). He suffered for too damn long
So has Ness, but they think Ness should be A, B or C tier so as not to have people thinking he's stupid. >_>

:D

I mean, Link is disrespected now because he's LT. It shouldn't be the same yet opposite problem! D:

:awesome:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
This week's item wielding, teammate killing tourney's results for me can be summarized like so:

Code:
   Name        Win - Loss
1  Anonano    10.0 - 0.0
2  Ben        10.0 - 0.0
3  Ninja       8.0 - 2.0
4  P-cubed     8.0 - 2.0
5  Caysyka     7.0 - 3.0
Ananono and Ben went undefeated once more but Ben could not overtake the Overvoweled One. Thus Anonano is the one we need to get. Though Ben is really close to him on that list.

The biggest risers this week were Shifty and Namboto who rased their rank 8 slots each. Wow! That's a full quartile up! Nice!

Kill to Death ratio
Code:
   Name     K:D
1  Anonano 2.14
2  Ninja   1.81
3  Ben     1.68
Anonano is now the only player with a 2.00+ K/D ratio. I don't think he can keep it up but... well... we'll see.

Damage Given to Damage Received Ratio
Code:
   Name    DG/DR
1  Anonano 1.92
2  Ben     1.53
3  Shifty  1.52
4  Ninja   1.32
5  Caysyka 1.25
Anonano tops this list too and it's not even close right now.

Damage Received per Death
Code:
   Name      DR/D
1  Warrior  165.44
2  Ninja    163.88
3  Anonano  163.83
4  Ben      161.09
5  Lykos    157.58
Warrior still held onto his top spot but now he's really got Ninja and Anonano breathing down his neck. This is only going to get tighter if you ask me!

Lifespan in minutes
Code:
   Name     Lifespan
1  Anonano  1.88
2  Caysyka  1.74
3  Ninja    1.72
4  Ben      1.48
Oh look, Anonano is on top of this as well... did I mention we need to get him?

Statistical Smasher Success
Code:
   Name     S3
1  Anonano 88.8
2  Ben     85.0
3  Ninja   84.7
4  Kronos  82.1
5  Shifty  81.5
Ananano, with his thorough statistical dominance, is on top and has a bit of daylight between himself and Ben & Ninja. Also, I finally climbed up to #10. Yay! Still, the stats right now really look like a top shelf of Anonano, Ben, Ninja, Kronos, Shifty, Caysyka, and misaki.
I went all Link this time. Vids of the matches shall be posted on YT.
After the matches were finished a guy came in and sat down next to me and started venting to the host about how stuck-up competitive smashers are.
After seeing Splice's reaction and this guy's talk I am feeling guilty and am considering using Ness or Lucas next round to be more fair (since I can't recover with them). :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
This week's item wielding, teammate killing tourney's results for me can be summarized like so:

I went all Link this time. Vids of the matches shall be posted on YT.
After the matches were finished a guy came in and sat down next to me and started venting to the host about how stuck-up competitive smashers are.
After seeing Splice's reaction and this guy's talk I am feeling guilty and am considering using Ness or Lucas next round to be more fair (since I can't recover with them). :p
Timing and muscle memory and you've got it covered.

It's also way more awesome when you make an insane recovery because the chance to fail is so much bigger and everyone goes 'WOOAAHHHHH!!!!'

I love my mains so much. <3

I versed a link the other day and got destroyed actually, found him rather hard to approach and kept getting knocked back by bombs. :/

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So, I'm winning my tourney. Only undefeated player, took out the third best player this week.

...So how many of you want to see my teammate and I spam a thunderjolt/aura sphere combo? xD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Great work Blu and Ano :)! Was team attack on for the jolt/aura combo?

I only play normal Brawl. There's a local tourney next Saturday; I hope I can get enough sleep for it.

Edit @ 4:20AM the sleep part's off to a great start:glare:.
We need more activity!

Realistic Zelda Games FTW!

Rizen

Smash Legend
So, i herd u liek mudkipz?

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and post my last match from last week from the local tourney. Please no flaming or negative comments. It's not standard tourney rules and is mostly just for fun (and is BBrawl not vBrawl): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFhm-8mfR4&feature=g-all-u
Enjoy the lolz :)
Nice. You almost had that heart container, lol. On Spear Pillar, Link's Uair from the lower level can poke an opponent's foot from anywhere except the very center if you time it so the attack starts as Link rises into the ceiling of the tunnel.

I'll check in Xat often today/tonight.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Nice work X :)

^^It was a 'Summit', the first (relatively:urg:) big CO tourney in 5 months. I know I could have taken at least 4th all Link and maybe 1st with my secondary characters too.

Insomnia's why I never enter tourney doubles:(.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
While browsing pictures of how to draw Lucario I came across this. Looks pretty sweet, so I'm using it as my avi right now.
Lucario is one of my secondaries as well. (I lurk the Luc boards occasionally lol)

Plus, I can't break my tradition of having a wolf-related avi :)

Top Bottom