• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I might be able to wifi tomorrow. I get off work at 3, I don't think I'll have much of anything to do after. We shall see.

at least I can use Link online, he's my wifi masta.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Switching from wifi to offline and vice versa is hard at first. I could NOT time/space anything the earlier games of a smashfest, lol.
adjusting (techs/shield/spacing :facepalm:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fm2Vpk1iWM&feature=plcp
better later on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xBLPpv95e8&feature=plcp
^my guide mentions I have a minor hand tremor; the ending is a good example, that was meant to be a boomerang.

I went to 2 live smashfests for the first time in a few years. One had 15+ people. They were fun:bee:.

Reminder: Post your replays in the video thread;). Ask for critiques if you want them but don't give critiques unless someone asks. (That's a pet peeve of mine, critiquer: "you missed the ledge, upB and try to sweet spot it", Me thinking: 'duh, a not-too-bright brick could find the mistakes in that game.')

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Welcome. Although you joined SWF in 08 so welcome back is a better thing to say.
Yeah, Link mains are few and far between. We have a video thread, wifi meetup with Xat, Q&A, Guides:cool:, list of ATs and of course this social thread. Hopefully the forums will get their life back with activity.

-Icy-

Smash Cadet
Thanks. I was more active on AiB than here, then Brawl and I had a fallout for a good while. Now I just have one night stands with it whenever I participate in tournies at Anime Cons or whatever get together with friends. It seems like I'm gonna be sucked back in again so I might as well start getting myself settled in on Smashboards.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm here because I hate watching these boards flounder helplessly but can't bring myself to actually play good old Barlw.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
@Rizen: Well, he doesn't talk, that's for sure.
I'm just here because they bribed me with cookies.
Hey, me too! I got some chocolate chunk ones.. mmmm...

This is obviously a conspiracy put on by Rizen himself to reactivate the boards...

Glexarn

Smash Rookie
Hi, Link forums.

An acquaintance I met at college re-introduced me to Smash (I registered in 2010, yeah, but never actually got into the game), and I'm fairly sure I'll be maining Link.

He told me I should say hello and introduce myself on the Link social thread, so, uh - greetings.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey Glexarn!

Well, SOME of us have work+college, but we are united by cookies.

Err, I mean, Link.

You should come visit at the live chat page I set up: www.xat.com/brawlersofhyrule. I'd love to get on it myself and chat with y'all but my computer is being technologically challenged right now.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And the best word of advice I can give you is:

Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B Down+B

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
though its 2012 and next to no one uses low tier anymore, who is the best link player in the usa?

Rizen

Smash Legend
though its 2012 and next to no one uses low tier anymore, who is the best link player in the usa?
Why does this keep coming up? :glare:
It's hard to say since very few people use Link in tourneys and are scattered all across the country and most are so-so active at best. There's no good evaluation and I hate these black and white questions. Scizor, X, KirinBlaze, Legan, come to mind but IDK who's active with Link anymore.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If I started using Link in tournies, would I be considered active? Or does it not count I actively use him in friendlies?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Tourney results are an easy way to judge when people are good but anytime you use Link more than a little you're active. I meant tourney active in my last post. I haven't used Link in an offline tourney in a few years but am active on wifi, the forums and recently in CO local smashfests :) .

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Scabe, very nice! You thought and planed those out well :) .
I can sing, alright ( :/ ), and write lyrics but never was any good with the rest. Interesting Devil's waltz story to accompany the music. Nice build up too. Seriously good stuff!

@'Big X' good work! All Link, I assume.
I recently have attended a few friendly live events myself :) . But missed the last because insomnia :(. Live beats the **** out of wifail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEu29QF2ejM&list=PLDC7F8FD99C40C4DB&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Whoa Rizen, the first few seconds of you getting Bowser to 63 percent looked so good. Man lots of good teamwork later on too!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
"And then everybody died, even including Blubba and KotierWolf, who had heartattacks as they afk'ed on the xat chat...
And they rejoiced."

No lol.

Anyways Rizen, good going in those matches. You were clearly undermatched even when you were playing high tiers (and I don't think you went above midtier in any of those games). I hope to see some vids of you playing even better players! :)

Nice going, Xavier! Middle of the board results are great for Link, especially against the top players of the tourney.

I'm going to a college club activity for SSBB tonight. We'll be having a tournament over the semester, although the peeps in charge don't like how competitive the online community is. The tourney will be less competitive because it'll be "flat stages" unless a tie breaker, your teammate will switch around every week (so you get a chance to play with everybody and against everybody; team attack will be ON) and items will be on medium (with no smashball). The overall leader at the end of semester will be the winner. So, not too competitive, but I don't mind playing for real competitive stuff (like these boards) and for a mix of fun and friendly competition.
Wish me luck! :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Whoa Rizen, the first few seconds of you getting Bowser to 63 percent looked so good. Man lots of good teamwork later on too!
Thanks, those were friendlies.
Anyways Rizen, good going in those matches. You were clearly undermatched even when you were playing high tiers (and I don't think you went above midtier in any of those games). I hope to see some vids of you playing even better players! :)

I'm going to a college club activity for SSBB tonight. We'll be having a tournament over the semester, although the peeps in charge don't like how competitive the online community is. The tourney will be less competitive because it'll be "flat stages" unless a tie breaker, your teammate will switch around every week (so you get a chance to play with everybody and against everybody; team attack will be ON) and items will be on medium (with no smashball). The overall leader at the end of semester will be the winner. So, not too competitive, but I don't mind playing for real competitive stuff (like these boards) and for a mix of fun and friendly competition.
Wish me luck! :)
Thanks, my highest are borderline tiers.

...and after the nice tourney you can all sit in a circle and have cookies and juice while the teacher reads a story book:embarrass:.

/jk, good luck. Sometimes it's fun to play non-competitive smash. I played Subspace and other 1 player modes earlier for fun and techskill practice.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Edit:
Gamestop's taking reservations on Wii Us, I got mine:smirk:. Probably other stores too. Hurry and reserve one if you're wanting and able!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
...and after the nice tourney you can all sit in a circle and have cookies and juice while the teacher reads a story book:embarrass:.

/jk, good luck. Sometimes it's fun to play non-competitive smash. I played Subspace and other 1 player modes earlier for fun and techskill practice.

Edit:
Gamestop's taking reservations on Wii Us, I got mine:smirk:. Probably other stores too. Hurry and reserve one if you're wanting and able!
I'm not going to reserve a wii u (at least not yet).
Well, I won both mah matches today :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
LOL look at me go in a item-using round robin tourney xD.
It's definitely still fun though as I don't attend any serious smash tourneys right now.

So anyways Kotier and I are setting up a time to play on Saturday. Anybody else interested in having a couple of games then? If anybody is, then I'll make sure to post what times I'll be available so we can set something up. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm interested but never know when I'll be able to :/ . I'll drop in Xat when possible.

This was made from old screenshots.

My real work is soooo neglected.

Top Bottom