• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
RAAAGE SCHOOL
RAAAGE MOVING A FRIEND TO ALABAMA
RAAAAAAAGE SAME FRIEND HITTING MY CAR WITH HIS F-150 WHILE IT WAS PARKED (seriously, wtf?)

Oh hai Link boards, I didn't see you there. How's it going?
:(

We <3 u Hugglez *hugz*

Bomber7

Smash Hero
RAAAGE SCHOOL
RAAAGE MOVING A FRIEND TO ALABAMA
RAAAAAAAGE SAME FRIEND HITTING MY CAR WITH HIS F-150 WHILE IT WAS PARKED (seriously, wtf?)

Oh hai Link boards, I didn't see you there. How's it going?
Lol. Sorry to hear. Your friend fails at driving.

Also, doing fine.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, it's ok. He paid for it all, and since my dad and I did all the labor we took it in to get painted, and we just paid the difference to get the whole car painted. So all in all I got a huge rust hole in my car fixed, my AC fixed, and my car painted for about 100 bucks (just a little bit of labor). Just means I've been crazy busy last month.

Pretty awesome we've got activity again.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Who here plays some wifi? I occasionally get time on the weekends to play. I can't play with my mains (PT/TL) so I use the characters I use for fun like Link and Ike or random, which mainly lands me yoshi and IC. ._.

basically, I have a poket random. Random for God tier.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^do you still have the HD TV that lags? :/
I bought HD cables and I found that helped some. Compared to before, my input time has improved. However at a tournament someone pointed out to me the TV lagged, even with the HD cables in sooooooooo I don't know what to think. I've had an easier time playing my friends online.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yeaaaaah Bomber we should totally play

Just not right now because I'm rediscovering OKAMIIIII

Maybe this weekend? I'm going to be crazy busy these next two days. Like, work from early morning to late night, only breaks for food kind of crazy. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeaaaaah Bomber we should totally play

Just not right now because I'm rediscovering OKAMIIIII

Maybe this weekend? I'm going to be crazy busy these next two days. Like, work from early morning to late night, only breaks for food kind of crazy. :(
Sounds good. I shouldn't be too busy this weekend. If anything I'll just post here to see if anyone is available. Also, I swear I see Tesh everywhere I post at one point or another....

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can platform cancel with regular aerials? Or are you confusing link's pathetic jump height with an actual PC?

This is what happened when I tried to even land on a platform with a full hop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFemMjg4tMQ .

I'm like 99% certain you can't platform cancel this way with aerials. Using Zair gives you a lagless rising hitbox, instead of just an empty jump.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You can platform cancel with regular aerials? Or are you confusing link's pathetic jump height with an actual PC?

This is what happened when I tried to even land on a platform with a full hop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFemMjg4tMQ .

I'm like 99% certain you can't platform cancel this way with aerials. Using Zair gives you a lagless rising hitbox, instead of just an empty jump.
I thought you meant extend his jump height with aeries; most of that movie wasn't platform canceling and the specific AT wasn't mentioned.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Yeah pretty sure you can't platform cancel with zair, though that'd be nice.

So I'm the only person in my Nuclear Pharmacy class on my particular campus (they broadcast classes across different campuses across the state). That means I get two huge HD TVs that the class is broadcast on and a brand new classroom all to myself for class. I feel like a champ :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Sweet! Bring popcorn and have them turn down the lights each class so it's like a theater!
(btw, can you prescribe any drug? *wink wink*) /jk

Rizen

Smash Legend
That is sooo thoughtful! All that fun and I don't even have to go through the unpleasantness of having a fungal infection:awesome:.
But as long as I'm going through that I was hoping for something more like a uranium rod to suck on and get x-ray vision or something. IDK what exactly but you see that sort of thing on TV all the time.

edit nvm

I made $40 photoshopping pics of a horse someone wants to sell, getting dirt off, making the background purdy. Technology has such awesome potential, how people use it is another thing. I hate advertising's imitation of life bs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqgdSsfqPs . Anyway, I gave the $ to my mom because she helped me when my computer crashed. It's good, rare, rare work :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Umm, about the text for the signature... Put "Anonano" and "Twilight Hero" on there. That'll be good. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Umm, about the text for the signature... Put "Anonano" and "Twilight Hero" on there. That'll be good. :)
Okay, I made 1 with a larger font than the other. Tell me if you want changes. If you like either of these just copy the image location and paste it in the coding brackets for your signature :) . I probably won't delete these but you might want to re-host the image to be safe. I'm fine with that.
[url]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2397/anosigepicsmallfont.jpg[/url]
[img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2397/anosigepicsmallfont.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8249/anosigepiclgfont.jpg

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
What are you guys opinion on Link in Brawl? Is he viable? Do you think a Link main can pull it off w/ hard work/dedication? How bad does Link lose to top tier matchups?

Rizen

Smash Legend
What are you guys opinion on Link in Brawl? Is he viable? Do you think a Link main can pull it off w/ hard work/dedication? How bad does Link lose to top tier matchups?
(copied and pasted)
*Many common strong disadvantage MUs. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316173 . Several matchups (MUs) are somewhat arguable but this gives the idea. Link will frequently have a large disadvantage. It isn’t merely 2 or 3 bad MUs that drag him down. Although a few are realistically unwinnable at high competitive levels.

*Link is simply a bad character. There’s not much to say here; higher characters outclass Link. He needs to be buffed with less lag, better power, mobility etc. Though Link has tools to deal with many situations, his stats suck, and he often is completely shutdown by the opponent (DDD’s CG, Falco’s laser camping, MK’s everything...).

Sad :( .

How these work to place Link where he is (004)

*If you go all Link
(which I’ve done for 4 live tournaments), there are a hundred ways the opponents can ‘counter’ what ever you do. If they have a pocket Falco or whoever it means your workable stage choices are about 1/4th what they would be if you knew they were sticking to one character. Generic stages like Pokemon Stadium 1 (PS1), Battlefield (BF), and maybe a few others are not going to help you but at least they won’t s**** you like Rainbow Cruise (RC) if the opponent counter picks R.O.B.
Even with that and -4 and -3 MUs set aside, Link will have to work harder, smarter and make fewer mistakes to win. Under the Unity Ruleset, sets are best of 3, so you can’t play super and win 1 game vs MK (whoever) to move up; you must win 1 more of the next 2. You have to ban 1 stage and play another game on their CP, which can easily be terrible for Link. If you lose you chose the next stage minus their ban then they chose what character to use. It’s a steep uphill climb no matter what.

*During a game Link’s bad traits work together against him.
Lag, bad OoS, risky grab, bad mobility, bad recovery, fast falling speed, slow sideways air speed, easy to grab, can be CGed by several characters, easy to gimp, easy to shield, and easy to damage/juggle are a horrible combination of cons. Say you’re fighting a bad MU like DDD: mistake in spacing>shield grabbed>CGed across the stage>thrown offstage>DDD Bair walls with his multiple jumps and gimps Link. That’s a very high price to pay for getting sloppy. DDD is one of Link’s worst MUs (with MK and Falco) so other fights will be a little more forgiving. Link still has to work insanely hard to stay ahead and he can lose a stock and the lead so easily there is little or no room for error.

*Link has his work cutout for him.
Link must use everything he’s got to win. Keep the opponent guessing with spam/attack mix-ups and mindgames, don’t let them catch their breath by constantly pressuring and using Link’s projectile in the most efficient way, make attacks flow together by combining projectiles, aerial and buffered ground attacks, use the best options for Link’s spacing, adapt as needed, read the opponent’s style and habits, enter the controls correctly, do not recklessly fish to land attacks and above all else know you will make mistakes/get grabbed etc and don’t lose your cool when things go wrong, instead reset the situation and make up for it.

*Link really does have good things going for him and can do really well. The problem is no mater how close a match is, a loss is a loss :/ . With that considered, Link is ranked the 3rd worst character and is there for a reason.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Sup gadiel.

Link can do decently well for himself in tournament but he has to many matchups that are free wins for the opponent to go solo IMO. MK on Rc or fo, falco, d3.... I think he needs to have a good second character to help him with his awful mu's to realistically make some noise in tournament.

:phone:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
But Deva on Norfair is a 40:60 MU against top tier players. Pretty good, huh?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I quit (all video games) for a few weeks to let my thumb heal, played wifi, offline, wifi again (all with a bandage on my thumb) and now I can't time or buffer/time anything right. It's frustrating; things just don't happen like I expect them to.
To make it worse all my characters have to be readjusted again.

There's no point in trying this late. Tiredness always makes everything even worse.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My internet is back. Hurricanes suck, especially when they camp outside your house and take your precious internet away but keep your electricity on just to torment you.

Edit: this deserves an :mad088:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My internet is back. Hurricanes suck, especially when they camp outside your house and take your precious internet away but keep your electricity on just to torment you.

Edit: this deserves an :mad088:
Sorry about your internet. I hope no one and nothing got hurt:(.

My game's back, btw.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Sorry about your internet. I hope no one and nothing got hurt:(.

My game's back, btw.
AFTER I'm back in school and work. :mad:
We still need to play btw if you never saw my private message to you.

EDIT: And everybody look at my awesome new sig YEAYUZ
(Am definitely not brown nosing Rizen to play me)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I didn't get the message; it must have not sent right or something :/ .

I'll Brawl sometime and thanks. I like the smaller text sig better too ;)

Top Bottom