• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
DDD's hard and getting 2 stocked by a DDD on SV isn't bad for Link. I still have a similar verdict; the DDD was too passive and missed a lot of opportunities to shield grab, especially landings. When he started figuring out to pressure Link later in the game the DDD did much better.
I tend to judge Links harshly for spacing too close. ...because my own temptation to do so, lol.
He's not bad at all but IMO he's not a smart/safe player so much as a quick player in those. *shrug*

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Yeah Kent is pretty good, he plays a very high risk high reward type play style. Which as Rizen said isn't very safe for Link to do all the time.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Are there any, like, really good Link mains left from around 2008-2009? I remember Legan, Deva, and Izaw. Does those guys still play?

It's a shame these boards aren't what they used to be after the whole Buzz Saw drama. :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ALSM, KirinBlaze too. Legan still plays but mostly other characters, Deva's gone life hit him, don't know/care.
I noticed Bwill's been playing wifi lately. IDK about Europe, Catpukee, Afro, Mr.R etc. Elssar mentioned several Links have a facebook group but somebody else will have to fill you in. X, Scizor and Ninja Link(what's his name?) still hit tourneys with Link and ALSM is going all Link for the next big one. And Ano's back :)
Kent's in Japan.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
ALSM's big tourney just passed it was WHobo 4, he didn't place too well I am guessing cuz he been using MK to much could be a bit rusty with Link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326126

Deva vanished again, maybe for good this time?

Legan uses multiple characters, some link here and there from what I hear.

Izaw mains Sheik now I believe but also not too active as used to be.

Scizor is a pretty solid new Link main tho.

KirinBlaze still really good also still hanging around in the scene but just doesn't post much anymore.

Ninja-the-link-sage is active tourney going Link tho I don't hear much about him anymore and he like never posts here xD

Kent for Japan's best Link.

idk what happened to rest x_x

Rizen

Smash Legend
ALSM's big tourney just passed it was WHobo 4, he didn't place too well I am guessing cuz he been using MK to much could be a bit rusty with Link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326126

Ninja-the-link-sage is active tourney going Link tho I don't hear much about him anymore and he like never posts here xD
81st in pools ouch:scared:. They were arranged hard for many people I heard.
Edit: it's nice to see so many lower than high tiers place well and the character variety with MK banned. 5 Ike, DK. 7 Ness. 9Wolf, PT...

I knew he wasn't n i/nja Link but couldn't think of anything else:c

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wow, that's the first time I've seen xat post in a long while :p

And look at all the activity on the boards! :)

Maybe we need to make another xat page? I'll check it out and see if I can't make one.

EDIT: Here's the new xat page for us. :3

http://xat.com/BrawlersofHyrule

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Guys, if you're not in the FB group, add me (Dan Yamashiro) and I'll see if I can add you to the group. I know Ele's said stuff about it, but I'm just reminding you guys I guess.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
GAIZ

Type in "zerg rush" into google search.

The rush is overwhelming. 0.o

Rizen

Smash Legend
Do AiB Link's still hate SWF?
No. AiB's nearly dead, including the Link boards.

<><><><><><><><><>
Dusting off the gears of the old Link forums and getting them running again:
it has 40 views atm but no one posted. I would like to get things like that bad*** pic of a really buff Link with a cigar that Scabe had, sigs with Link, sometimes people have cool fan art, that techno youtube of OoT sounds mixed to make a song, art we made (Chaser might have some stuff;))...

If this takes off could it be stickyed? These things can attract a lot of good posts over time but fall fast during activity droughts.

My guide is still a WIP http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325062 . It's getting there and I AM working hard on it. When finished can that be sticky-ed too? The 'current' sticky guide was last updater 11/16/08 and is extremely dated. It has things like:
"B) The Chaingrab
No, this is not a joke pertaining to Link’s clawshot grab. A “chaingrab” is a chain of grabs strung together, usually one right after the other. If one is to exploit the minimal knockback distance of Link’s Dthrow, they can combo it together with a second, or even a third Dthrow. In other words, you can string together multiple Dthrows if you time them correctly. Link’s chaingrab may not be as effective as Falco’s or King DeDeDe’s, but it can rack up damage easily at lower percentages"
and
"Up Smash-4%-5%~3%-4%~10%-14%-Start up-Fast-Lag-Medium/High-Speed-SLOW-Priority-High- This attack does 3 hits in succession. (Damage has been listed in chronological order) The first hit sends the enemy a bit upward, the second hits them up a bit more, then the third sends them sky high! This move has about the same upward knockback as a Dtilt. (Yeah, Dtilts that awesome)"
:facepalm:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
That is me, yes. The FB group is hidden so it's invite only. Add me or Ele on FB for an invite. It's a lot of the old SWF/AiB guys mainly.

EDIT:
Don't knock the NintenJoe guide, that was the best guide one of the best guides on these boards back in my day! sasook's was pretty good as well but I suppose times change.

And the zerg rush thing in google is oooooold. :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
^The keyword is 'was' one of the best guides. But that was '08. Which I agree it was good at the time; read it when I started, lol. We really need an updated Link guide now though.

(I had to facepalm the Dtilt praise)

@ Ano have you thought up words for your sig?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
If this takes off could it be stickyed?
The 'Important Threads' thread is outdated too. The Link boards need to clean house and organize our forums. Especially now that they're active and we have a reason too finally, lol.
Yeah if it takes off I'll sticky it.

And yeah Link boards could use some cleaning. Give me like a month and I'll start putting in some effort to getting this place real nice and organised and looking good.

The Link boards is just like this smiley right here, we're all happy and nice but pretty dirty with all our unorganized threads: :reverse: all we have to do is polish it up a bit and then it will look like this: :)

...Yeah I'm just practicing on making analogies. :embarrass:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^The smiley icons were the icing of that sweet analogy; I literally lol-ed a little:awesome:.

Thanks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've kept both sites alive for a long time. AiB had too many technical difficulties so I rarely post there anymore. The conflict's over as far as anyone who was part of it cares. There's no point in grave digging.
AiB might recover (not likely though), SWF was dead for some time too.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The conflict's over as far as anyone who was part of it cares.
Speaking about it past this really only drives people away as they look at the discussion and go, "Wow, this is a lot of drama that isn't worth it."

I'm here for the WiFi these days. :p Tbh I'm not much of a fan of the local scene here in Utah.

I'm pretty lame when it comes to finding words for my sig. Give me one more day.

@Scabe: Please do start cleaning things up ASAP! Time to get rid of old stickies, perhaps get new owners for important stickies that are active. *shrug*

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Metgame wise, have I missed anything with Link? I haven't seriously played Brawl in three or four years, lol. I play an '09 Link!

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This is something I remember. ArkiveZero used this, and Legan did too. Good ****.

EDIT:
For my friend on the xat: http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/

Another edit:

Another edit!:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#Type=Character%-Link%&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Someone post so I can post :C :
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232455 Use this thread as a guide to what color is what (scroll down a ways, ignore most of the post heh).

Final product should look a little like this (if this makes any sense to you).

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Speaking about it past this really only drives people away as they look at the discussion and go, "Wow, this is a lot of drama that isn't worth it."

I'm here for the WiFi these days. :p Tbh I'm not much of a fan of the local scene here in Utah.

I'm pretty lame when it comes to finding words for my sig. Give me one more day.

@Scabe: Please do start cleaning things up ASAP! Time to get rid of old stickies, perhaps get new owners for important stickies that are active. *shrug*
Alrighty, I'll get working on a thread on things we can improve and delegate jobs to people who want to volunteer to help clean things up and make things new. It'll look something like this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279504

And since no one plays the Wii now I can put the Wii in my room and start playing some good old WiFi again. Hope the lag isn't as bad as I remember :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
...Or a meteorite the size of Wyoming could impact the Earth and break the Ethernet.
/jk. That sucks about your internet :( .
I haven't played any video games since trying to use a controller without plastic skin over the controlstick gave my thumb a deep, concentrated bruise (Zelda boards inform me this is a little gross to see) http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg694/scaled.php?server=694&filename=thumbbruse003.jpg&res=landing . It's been about a week now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It only started recently with phone calls, so either I play at night, which I am usually out and about with friends, or I risk it during the day.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I haven't played any video games since trying to use a controller without plastic skin over the controlstick gave my thumb a deep, concentrated bruise (Zelda boards inform me this is a little gross to see) http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg694/scaled.php?server=694&filename=thumbbruse003.jpg&res=landing . It's been about a week now
Yeah, wireless controller! I have the same one and the same problem with the joystick, too.

It happened when I was playing DBZ Budokai 2 for the gamecube and you have to rotate both control sticks as hard as you can for clashes. Yeah, clashes!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
RAAAGE SCHOOL
RAAAGE MOVING A FRIEND TO ALABAMA
RAAAAAAAGE SAME FRIEND HITTING MY CAR WITH HIS F-150 WHILE IT WAS PARKED (seriously, wtf?)

Oh hai Link boards, I didn't see you there. How's it going?

Top Bottom