• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
2 v 1 ganon vs link and zelda would be a pretty fun game, but how do you make an entire game based around that?

Simple, you give the players the ability to play as all 3 characters. I always thought it would be really cool to play as the bad guy in a scripted nintendo game. Like when you are bowser in paper mario, but the entire game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Don't forget Majora's Mask. It's MM and Ganon vs Zelda and Link. It wouldn't be the plot, more of a boss fight. Maybe as a sequel to MM, the Mask still had evil in it and resurrected Ganon or something several years later.
Sheik and Majora's Mask are 2 of the coolest Zelda characters but only appear in 1 game each. I want to see more of them.
Ganondorf and Majora's Mask are sort of merged there and he has the traditional trident weapon. Zelda's fighting as a combination of Sheik and Zelda at the same time. Link's older and has the master sword and the Fierce Deity sword with the mirror shield on his back (Why'd they change the OoT mirror shield design after the N64 version? N64 symbol was better :/ ). I had fun messing around with possibilities:smirk:.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Simple, you give the players the ability to play as all 3 characters. I always thought it would be really cool to play as the bad guy in a scripted nintendo game. Like when you are bowser in paper mario, but the entire game.
Bowser's Inside Story. Bowser was the most fun to play as, punching people's faces in and directing armies of minions to do your bidding. And also growing thousands of feet tall and crushing mountains :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Long time, no see. :)
IMO they shouldn't have made a timeline and left the games' order for speculation. They're legends and don't fit well on a serious timeline even with alternate paths. Except for direct sequels like OoT>MM, of course.
I wonder why in SS the creator gods were gods and not goddesses like in OoT and most others. The games are intentionally inconsistent to keep the legends told over many eras feel but that makes a timeline less solid.

The two paths I see are the realistic and toon paths which branch from ALttP, the 'defining' Zelda game. The toon path is almost like a different series after WW. It has 4 swords Arcade style multiplayer, DS controls and trains. Trains and Zelda games don't mix; technology like trains and rifles etc are several centuries after the knights in armor, sword fight era. I never liked that :/ .
(Below is fan artwork) I really hope that Link in ALttP does not get converted to Toon Link in a remake:

The original Link looked like this and variations were made from that:

If they had to make a timeline, they did a good job but IMO they shouldn't have.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey, just an FYI to everybody: I have been working on the new WiFi thread. I've been trying to post it for the last hour but my internet connection is fritzing out.

But it'll be out soon! xD

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Man it's really Ano. Long time since I've seen you!
I might just have to join in on some Link wifi action :mistyface:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Gosh, everybody's mods and supermods now. Scabe, Red Ryu, and you.

Man it's really Ano. Long time since I've seen you!
I might just have to join in on some Link wifi action :mistyface:
Ano approves of this message. :atlsouth: (AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY YOU SOMETIME YEAYUZ)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It only makes sense that Ryu gets redder, right?
I look forward to it...but it might be a few days before I can play.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
In order to be of my rank, you now have to achieve the state of UN-MOD :notabullet:... lol

We could totally set up and discuss our matches in PMs or Visitor Message each other OR WE COULD DISCUSS IT ON
THE BEST THREAD EVER AND PROMOTE WIFI GAMES AND ACTIVITY ON THE LINK BOARDS. (CHOOSE THIS ONE YEAYUZ)
Just a thought tho.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
/shameless plug by ano :awesome:

I can try to get in on this. I've got work at different hours every day though so it makes things difficult. Plus that stupid social life thing eats up a lot of my free time, haha

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I learned how to Dacus with sheik so I know the precise timing of it with the A button myself.

Can still Dacus with Sheik about as consistantly as with wolf/link.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I just played some of my friends. It was so bad. So lulzy. I have them recorded and I will probably post them on YT so we can all mock my friends and I, lol.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hiya Link boards! It's been quite some time since I last repped Link in tourney. Well, I'm going to let you all know that I will be going all Link for this upcoming national at WHOBO 4 in Houston, TX.

:phone:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I suggest all of you check out Project M. Link is freaking amazing in it, and can use a good majority of his Brawl tactics along with his Melee stuff. Been awhile with the Brawl stuff, so don't quote me on that one.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I think the answer to our conundrum is obvious. We should all play Pokemon Rumble competitively.

In other news, I can't find my video recorder thing for my wii so I can't upload any matches.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi blu :)
It looks like this place has a spark of life again. I'll help fan it into a lively fire. If anyone wants to play wifi (I'll post on the wifi thread too) I'm down when I'm able. I'll also make signatures for Link players as long as it shows Link in a good light, time permitting.

:cool:

I can also help with learning these (wifi) MUs:
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, G&W and can play decently with most characters.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Maaaan my computer just hates posting. Every time I try to make a post it freaking has lost connection to the internet and I have to type out the whole thing.

Again. And again.

ANYWAYS I updated the WiFi Thread for you peepz. I also added in the chat website link (cleverly hidden in a mass of text to make it undetextable *lolpun*)

Aside from that I encourage everybody to just open up the chat website in a tab while you are online. Who knows who'll pop in and you can chat with, set up matches with, etc?

And for all you who don't/won't remember it it is THIS.

And lol Blulink there's no way there would be a legit scene for Rumble. My bro got sick of playing it with me for just one hour. The whole gameplay consists of mashing two buttons. YEAYUZ

EDIT: Rizen, if you could make me another wolf link/link sig that'd be awesome. Mine is cool, just... psychedelic colors, man. :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
EDIT: Rizen, if you could make me another wolf link/link sig that'd be awesome. Mine is cool, just... psychedelic colors, man. :(
Sure. What feel do you want for it? Realistic/cartoony, real wolf manipulations/game art/TP rendered pictures, vibrant/epic/dark/simple/etc, colors that are cold/warm/neutral, action/placid, etc, etc...
Also what words and picture would you like in it? Link some pics if you want them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...pEIeu8ATtioH4Dg&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=913

Rizen

Smash Legend
Counting people who aren't currently active too:
Legan/Kirin Blaze/ALSM
Mr.R, maybe AfroTwist
no idea
Active now:
ALSM/X/Scizor
?
no idea

TBH, not many Links are active anymore and few were anyway. I don't know Japan's Links.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yeah, from Japan there was that one dude who always played red link.

...yeah, that's all I've got. don't even have his name. xP

Erm, man, so many customizations Rizen! :p Well start off with the category "epic" lol. A cartoony picture is good, but I'm not picky about whether it's real or cartoony, or the color scheme (as long as it doesn't give me epilipsey when I look at it!). Action would definitely be preferred.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Here's what I have so far:

Edit: 3 removes the shadow beast and shows Wolf Link better. I removed Midna from his back and can add her again if you'd like.
If you like either of those I can add words or whatever. I wasn't sure how to get Wolf Link in so it ended up less direct and more of a teaser scene. I can make it more direct with Link in plain sight too. Those lean closer to a TP scene than a sig but that can be changed too. It does take a lot of work so I don't want to go back and forth too much. Sigs are 500x100 pixels if I'm not mistaken, which isn't a lot to work with.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)
One way trip?! Does that end in the East River?!!:eek: /jk
I can't. It's a nice thing to do though, helping people get to tourneys. Kudos to you:bee:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Yeah Japan doesn't really have any Links it seems. Smasher uses Toon Link now iirc or has quit since haven't heard of him in awhile. There was another red link but only seen one video of him.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Rizen: I like #2. You did a good job!

All I want is some text added in, but give me a couple of days to think exactly what I'd want put in.

Thanks! :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Okay and thanks :) .
If you know what font/effects/style (B I U, color, text with a shadow, glow, texture, etc) and where you want the text say that too.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
you guys don't know about Kent japanese link. He made it into bracket at SRT and the stream should have a pool match where he plays a D3.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Ahhhh is that the same Kent who used Bowser to beat Fsann a few months back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCGD-kBQNg

49: KENT
49: Some/そめ
49: Yuto
49: ・・・はい/...yes
49: KaPMk/かっぱまき
49: MIKINAKE/ミキネーク
49: YB
49: Psycho/サイコ
49: Shima/しま
49: Lagnel
49: Canpy/きゃんぴー
49: SOL
49: Renasu/レナス
49: Kein/けいん
49: Kuro/クロ
49: Kuroan/くろあん

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I agree with the youtube comment that the Link in that vid isn't that great. He has good tech skill but the TL obviously didn't know what he was doing. Or how to punish with his many opportunities to do so.

In the video with this article http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/masahiro-sakurai-talks-super-smash-bros-4 bare the annoying announcer girl and you can see a WIP demo that has Link, Zelda and Ganon on part of the temple stage made to look like SS. Watch how they fight; they're all much faster with other augmentations like Link's arrows go farther and with less lag and Ganon's Usmash is closer to Melee's. The keep their Brawl looks (TP based) and feel at this point still despite being on a SS level. The Triforce characters were specifically selected for the demo; hopefully they'll be good next time ;)

Top Bottom